Idiot

Once Upon A Story

Featuring: ChanLu

---------------

 

Luhan glared down at the swollen malleolus situated in front of him. He detested the angry red color of the skin that stuck out immediately once he laid eyes upon his boyfriend's left foot.

"Glaring at it isn't going to make it go away." Chanyeol chuckled jokingly in an attempt to break the silence in the room.

However it backfired on him when Luhan wouldn't so much as look in his direction.

Today was the day of Luhan's final exam and everything seemed to go wrong. Chanyeol lived down the street and every morning he would walk down and they would carpool to school.

Unfortunately, Chanyeol's car decided it would be a good day to break down; today of all days!

They quickly headed towards the bus stop, which was about a 10 minute walk. Once they were close enough to see the stop, the bus took off. Luhan stood frozen in his spot as his eyes widened and glistened with tears. If they missed this bus Luhan for sure wouldn't make it in time to write his exam. And missing a final exam in university was a serious offense, that only under certain circumstances would they allow you to write it at another scheduled time.

Chanyeol was well aware of this fact as well, so without hesitation he bolted as fast as his legs would carry him; running after the bus, he left Luhan behind.

It took Luhan a couple seconds to digest everything that had just happened. Once he was out of his trance, he ran after Chanyeol yelling for him to stop, but his shouts fell on deaf ears. After running a short distance he was bent over panting heavily. He cursed himself for tiring out so easily. Too busy trying to even out his breathing, he was unable to continue shouting after Chanyeol. All he managed to do at the moment was watch as Chanyeol persistently ran after the bus. Luhan felt helpless as it was a painful sight to see; any thoughts he had about his final had long been forgotten. He was far more worried about Chanyeol getting himself hurt.

"Han, come on, I said I was sorry." Chanyeol winced in pain as he felt the coldness of the wrapped icepack on his skin.

"If there's anyone you should be apologizing to it's yourself."  Luhan's gaze was still concentrated on the sprained ankle.

However, Chanyeol was just relieved they were on speaking terms again. "I'd say it was worth it, at least you were able to make it to school in time to write your exam." That wide blinding smile broke out on his face as he chuckled.

Luhan finally looked up to meet Chanyeol's eye and he was not at all amused. "How can you act as if nothing happened? This isn't something to be smiling about Park Chanyeol!"

Said male's smile faltered, gradually fading at the seriousness in Luhan's tone of voice. He gulped, as the atmosphere was suddenly thick with tension. In the two years that they have been dating, he had never seen Luhan so angry before; he was at a loss for what to do.

After what seemed like an eternity, Luhan finally let out an exasperated sigh. "Honestly, what were you even thinking running after the bus like that?"

"The only thing going through my mind at the time was how devastated you would've been if you missed your final for something as stupid as not being able to catch the bus. You and I both know the school wouldn't allow you to write the exam again for that reason. For your sake I had to try to get you there on time."

 Luhan's expression softened upon hearing his response. "Did it ever occur to you that you might've ended up seriously hurt? And I'm not referring to your sprained ankle."

"But that exam was important to you. Were you just expecting me to stand there and do nothing?"

"I don't know. " Came his honest answer. "All I know is you're important to me too, so please just don't ever do that again okay?" Luhan stared back at him with glossy eyes.

"Come here." Luhan complied and sat himself next to Chanyeol on the couch. He engulfed the smaller male into his arms. "I promise you I won't do anything to make you upset again." Luhan nodded in satisfaction upon hearing this. "So am I forgiven then?" He whispered against Luhan's ear.

The action tickled his ear which caused Luhan to snuggle closer against Chanyeol's broad muscular chest. "You're an idiot, but yeah you're forgiven."

Relief washed over him once again as finally things were back to the way it was meant to be. "I know, but I'm your idiot." He chuckled blissfully after placing a quick kiss to Luhan's temple.

"That you are." Luhan laughed along with him as they stayed in the comfort of each other's arms.