Never alone

Once Upon A Story

A/N: It's already November the 6th in China, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KRIS! Also please support and vote for EXO! Here's the link: http://mama.mwave.me/vote

Featuring: KrisHan

----------

 

It was 11 PM when Kris pulled up into the driveway of his house. He dragged his heavy body towards the front door. 

He normally got off work at six, but today he voluntarily stayed to work overtime. All his coworkers looked at him as if he were crazy. Today was his birthday after all, of all days why would he deliberately choose today to stay late? 

Truth be told he was never fond of celebrating his birthday. In his opinion, November the 6th was just another ordinary day. Every day was the same and just because he was born on this day that didn't mean he'd live it any differently than he would the other days.

At least that was his thought a year ago. Ever since he started dating Luhan he'd secretly been excited and very much anticipated celebrating holidays with his boyfriend; his birthday included. 

This was supposed to be the first birthday Kris was celebrating with someone special to him for as long as he can remember. The key word being 'supposed' because Luhan unfortunately had to fly back to Beijing to attend some business matters and wasn't going to be back until two days later. He remembered how remorseful Luhan looked the day he was sending the latter off to the airport. How much Luhan wanted to stay but couldn't. And of course being in business himself, Kris understood, even assured Luhan it wasn't his fault. To make it up to Kris, Luhan said he'd bring back a souvenir and they would definitely celebrate once he was back in Vancouver. 

Kris sighed as he gained entrance. Slipping off his shoes, he shuffled into the cold empty house and  tossed his  keys onto the counter top. 

He flicked on the kitchen lights. Stopping in front of the fridge he debated whether he wanted to quickly fix up some dinner as he had not yet eaten. But in the end he decided he wasn't in the mood. 

11:15 PM the clock on the wall stared back at him, almost in a mocking way. Only 45 more minutes and the day would have officially ended. 

"Might as well just take a quick shower and then sleep the night away." He muttered to himself as he walked in the direction of his room. 

Once he opened the door and the lights, he was surprised at what he saw. 

Luhan was slowly sitting up in bed, his eyes squinted as he waited for them to adjust to the bright light while rubbing away the sleep. "Yifan, you're finally back." He greeted Kris groggily. 

Kris' eyes instantaneously widened in shock. Was he missing the presence of his boyfriend so much that he was not only seeing things but now hearing things too?! 

"You've got to be kidding me, I'm going insane at the age of 26?!" He groaned rubbing his face rather harshly out of frustration. 

Luhan stepped out of bed and made his way over to the taller male who was still standing by the door. "Hey, what's the matter? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly as he removed Kris' hands from covering his face. He was very much confused about what was going on. 

Kris flinched at the sudden contact but then realized that he must not be hallucinating if he was able to feel Luhan's touch. "You're real." He stated confidently. 

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? The shorter male chuckled. 

Kris let out a satisfied sigh once he felt the familiar warmth every time he and his lover hugged. It almost felt too good to be true. "I thought you weren't supposed to be back until the 8th." He murmured against Luhan's ear.

"The other company really liked our idea and so after some negotiation they signed the contract for us. I took the next available flight back home as soon as it was done. Got to the airport at 8:30 but when I came in you weren't home. Then I guess I fell asleep." Luhan pouted.

"I thought since I'd be alone when I got home anyways, why not just work overtime tonight." He explained as he lovingly placed a kiss on the crown of Luhan's head.

Luhan pulled away so he could look Kris right in the eye. "I'm glad I was able to make it back in time. Wu Yifan, I know this day might not mean anything to you. But it's really important to me because if you weren't born then I wouldn't have such an amazing boyfriend." He felt his cheeks gradually flush at his own confession.

He was feeling rather warm and fuzzy on the inside. He was sincerely touched that Luhan would go through so much trouble just to rush back and celebrate with him. "Thank you."

Kris bent forward as Luhan's head gradually lifted until their lips were gently pressed against each others.

Luhan opened one eye and abruptly distanced himself from Kris once he caught a glimpse of what time it was.

"Hey, what was that for?" Kris whined displeased that Luhan had pulled away.

The latter just rolled his eyes in response shoving Kris out of the room and into the kitchen. He seated the birthday boy down at the dining table before coming back in moments later with a small box and a lighter in hand.

"I almost forgot I bought you a cake." Luhan explained sheepishly as he lit the candle. "We still have 10 minutes before your birthday ends, quick, make a wish."

Kris just chuckled at how much of a child Luhan looked at the moment. But nonetheless he did as he was told. He clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. 'I wish for every day to be spent like this with Luhan. Simple and happy.' He thought to himself before he opened his eyes and blew out the candle.

"What did you wish for?" Luhan asked curiously.

"Don't they say that if it gets revealed then it won't come true?" Kris questioned back teasingly.

Luhan pouted. "Since when were you ever superstitious?"

Kris shrugged. "You really want to know?" In the end he couldn't deny the cuteness that was Luhan pouting.

"Wu Yifan why is that even a question?"

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you." He finally couldn't help but burst out into laughter. "Come here." He gestured for Luhan to sit down on his lap. Once Luhan was settled, he leaned forward to whisper in the older male's ear. "I wished for your lips."

He smacked Kris on the chest for causing his ear to itch. His face was heating up again. "A-are you being serious? W-what a waste of a wish!"

"Awe, does that mean it's not gonna come true now?" Kris pouted playfully.

Luhan couldn't stop himself from laughing at Kris' expression. "S-stop that, pouting doesn't suit you."

"Lu Han, are you really going to deny me of a kiss on my birthday?" Kris was appalled as he feigned a look of shock.

"It's not even your birthday anymore." He countered.

"The last 30 seconds still count."

Luhan looked over at the clock. True to his word, the hand was counting down the remainder of the day. "Alright, happy birthday Kris Wu." He smiled, finally succumbing as he locked his lips with Kris' in a passionate kiss. 

Of course Luhan would never know Kris had lied about what he really wished for. Superstitious or not, he really did sincerely wish for it to come true.