Fever

Once Upon A Story

Featuring: HunHan

-------------

 

If there was anything that was more frustrating about being a university student other than having to balance between sacrificing sleep to study and finish off assignments and maintaining a social life; it would be getting sick and trying to do the above. Now that, was the ultimate nightmare.

If it had been up to Luhan, he would've preferred staying in class despite having to deal with his constantly runny nose, sore throat, droopy eyes and to top that off, a mild fever. Perfect, just perfect; he dreaded being sick more than studying. He liked to think that being sick wouldn't be bad at all if he didn't have to worry about the massive amount of work at hand; that would surely flood his room with his current state.

He protested against the idea of leaving class and going home early. He had reassured Sehun repeatedly that he was fine, he couldn't afford to miss his lectures for he would surely fall behind.  

But Oh Sehun, being the loving and protective boyfriend that he is was having none of it. He informed Yixing that Luhan was sick and would be going home for the afternoon. He kindly asked if Luhan could borrow his notes later on, in which Yixing immediately agreed upon. He even went as far as calling the boy's mother, telling her of Luhan's condition. And reluctantly, home was currently where Luhan was situated.

Suddenly, the door to his room opened and in walked Sehun with a thermos in his hand. Since said male ratted him out to his mother, Luhan was already aware of the contents the thermos contained. He would always be forced to drink it whenever he was ill and he did not like the taste at all.

"How are you feeling?" Sehun asked gently as he placed the thermos on the bedside table. Making himself comfortable on the edge of Luhan's twin sized bed. He then proceeded to pulling the thermometer out of Luhan's mouth. "37.5, at least the fever's gone."

Luhan folded his arms across his chest with a childish pout on his face. "See, I told you I was fine. You were just overreacting."

Sehun couldn't help but ruffle his hair at how ridiculously cute he was being. Though, he knew better than to voice that thought aloud. Despite being the cutest male Sehun has ever laid eyes upon, Luhan liked to think of himself as being manly. But he was not about to start that argument, it didn't end well the first time and he swore he would never put himself in the same situation ever again. "Just because your fever's gone, that doesn't exclude you from being sick."

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Fine, but I could have stayed in class." He insisted.

Sehun sighed and shook his head. Looks like Luhan's stubbornness only grew with being sick. "Come on babe, you're already at home. Might as well enjoy that right?"

He let those words settle into his mind for a moment. He had been so caught up in panic with how much work he'd have to do to catch up later on that he never really considered just relaxing. Sehun was right, in all honesty, he felt too drained to even keep up this conversation, let alone trying to concentrate on the in class lecture. Sure he had a lot to make up for later, but right at this moment he was in the company of someone he loved dearly; what was not to enjoy about that?

"Okay, I suppose you're right." Luhan finally admitted with a huff.

Sehun beamed. "Good." He then remembered the thermos he brought in earlier and took it off the table. "Are you thirsty? Your mom told me you had to drink this herbal tea."

Luhan immediately shook his head and shoved the thermos aside, making sure to keep a fair distance from it. "Nuh uh, now you're just pushing your luck."

A chuckle escaped from Sehun's lips. "What is this? My manly Lulu is afraid of a drink?" He teased.

The pout on his face from earlier reappeared. "I'll have you know my manliness has absolutely no correlation to that drink whatsoever. And you don't know how terrible that thing tastes so you are in no position to judge me."

Sehun looked calm and kept his cool on the outside but only God knows how badly he was internally squealing at his boyfriend's adorableness. "Awe my baby Lulu, it's alright. You'll feel all better after you finish drinking it."

"O-Oh Sehun, don't coo at me! I'm older than you, in fact you should be calling me hyung!" Clearly, he was flustered. He felt his cheeks warming up again, but instead he decided to blame it on his non-existent fever.

"Right, I nearly forgot about that with how childish you're acting." Sehun wiped the tears at the brim of his eyes as a result from laughing too hard. He was having too much fun with this, he never imagined a sick Luhan behaving this way at all.

"Sehun-ah!" Luhan's natural response was to whine. But he immediately regretted doing so and mentally cursed himself for it. This was definitely not helping his cause in the slightest.

Another fit of laughter hit Sehun. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm done." He replied after finally managing to calm himself down. "Alright, what will it take for you to drink this?"

Luhan contemplated the question before finally answering. "I want you to share this disgusting drink with me."

Without another word, Sehun unscrewed the lid of the thermos and took a tiny sip of the drink. His face contorted as the bitter tasting dark brown almost black looking liquid slid down his throat. The tea was indeed disgusting, and there was a lingering aftertaste. He now understood why Luhan was so against drinking it. But he had kept his word and held the thermos in front of Luhan.

"That's not fair! You took the tiniest sip possible!" Luhan protested.

"Well I technically did fulfill my promise since you didn't specify how much I had to drink." He replied with a cheeky grin.

"I didn't know you could be so cunning." He muttered as he began downing the tea.

But before he could begin to complain about how gross it tasted, he was caught off guard by a small peck to his lips. His doe eyes widening in shock as Sehun pulled away.

Sehun just chuckled at the other male's reaction and adjusted his position on the bed, laying himself down first, he pulled Luhan down and brought him closer. "That was a reward for a job well done."

"You do know that you'll most likely end up sick tomorrow morning right?" Tiredness overpowered his previous shock. Luhan rubbed at his eyes before wrapping his arm around Sehun's waist.

"Nah, that was barely even a kiss." He denied.

But to Sehun's dismay, and true to Luhan's words, he did end up getting sick.