Mistletoe

Once Upon A Story

A/N:  So this is the continuation of the previous chapter- Secret Santa. 

By the way, "Ge" means older brother and "Jie jie" is older sister, but in this context it's used to greet and to refer to those that are older. 

Featuring: HunHan and the rest of EXO 

------------

Tao and Kai were getting annoyed at how painfully oblivious Sehun and Luhan's feelings for each other were. 

Sehun would get jealous whenever anyone from the group got too close to Luhan. There was a time when Luhan and Kris went out for bubble tea and Sehun was pissed off since that had always been something they did together. And that time Lay was curious about how to solve a rubix cube, Sehun deliberately hid all the rubix cubes Luhan owned just so he wouldn't be able to teach Lay. 

Luhan would always be cuddled up against Sehun whenever the group got together, sometimes even sitting on the younger's lap. And for the times that Sehun wasn't around, Luhan seemed to be less cheerful than he usually was. 

Thus they had enough and decided to take it upon themselves to help out their two oblivious friends. 

"Our ultimate plan for our secret Santas is to get them together. We were planning to have someone make Sehun jealous. And hopefully that would make him confess his feelings for Luhan."  Kai explained. 

"Ooh! And you want to work together because that would sort of be like a second gift to Baek and Yeol since they ship HunHan." Xiumin exclaimed catching on. 

"Well, actually I suggested it because we need extra help...but hey it's now a win win situation!" Tao quickly added. 

"So how were you guys planning on doing this?" Suho was wary about the idea and almost didn't dare ask.

Kai shrugged. "We haven't yet come up with anything, just the idea of what we wanted to do."

"Hey, I know! I can probably trick Kris into helping us. My cousin has been telling me he's been wanting to take up some acting jobs. He'd probably believe me if I said that she challenged him to act out something ridiculous just to prove he's able to act."  Xiumin suggested to the group.

Tao clapped his hands together in satisfaction. "That's perfect! And I'll think of something to say to Luhan. Kai, you can be in charge of provoking Sehun and Suho hyung can prepare the mistletoe."

"Let us begin Operation get HunHan together and make BaekYeol happy!"

-------------

"Okay, so what was so important you couldn't tell me over the phone, or in front of anyone else?" Kris questioned as he got into the passenger seat of Xiumin's car.

Tonight was the night of Christmas Eve and everyone would be heading over to Suho's house for dinner and to stay until the next morning. After agreeing to be part of Tao and Kai's plan, he was now fulfilling his task.

"Well my cousin and I had a chat a couple days ago, about you."

Kris was confused at first but then realized that he must have been talking about Mina, who also happened to be Kris' manager. "What about me?"

"She tells me that you want to give acting a try. And she's been looking into some of the roles the directors have offered you. She asked me for my thoughts about this, and I told her you should give it a go."

"Really?! That's awesome!" Kris was practically oozing with excitement.

Xiumin gulped at the reaction. By the looks of it, things were going just as planned. Except what was about to happen next would be the more difficult part. He felt slightly guilty for having to lie to Kris but he agreed to this, so the show must go on.

"Yeah!" He gave an enthusiastic chuckle, at least he hoped it sounded convincing enough. "Except, she has one condition."

Kris raised an eyebrow in question. "What condition?"

"Well you see, she wants you to prove you have acting talent. So just for tonight you have to act the role of a clingy gay. And Luhan has agreed to act along with you..."

But before Xiumin could finish his explanation, Kris interrupted him. "Wait, hold on a minute. Does that mean Mina is coming tonight too? I mean how else am I going to prove to her how good of an actor I am? Is there supposed to be a script or something? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Xiumin was so tempted to burst out in laughter at how panicked Kris seemed. It definitely wasn't something that happened often. He just simply cleared his throat to hide the chuckle threatening to come out. "Kris, calm down. You didn't even let me finish."

"Well then hurry up and talk already!" He demanded.

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "I would if you'd just quit interrupting me." And when he didn't get a response from Kris he deemed it safe to continue. "So firstly to answer all your questions, no Mina is not coming tonight. The challenge is to act in front of all our friends and see if you can fool them. Also, there is no script, you have to improvise. And I would've told you earlier but she only informed me of this yesterday."

Heaving a sigh of relief he seemed to have calmed down a bit. "Okay, so only Luhan, you and I know about this? And why a clingy gay of all roles I could've enacted?" He was iffy about the character. He and Luhan have been best friends since birth so he wouldn't feel too uncomfortable acting gay, but he was anything but clingy. 

Xiumin nodded. Cold sweat started breaking out on his forehead. He honestly didn't know how to answer this question. He really just said the first thing that came to his mind and it never occurred to him that Kris would ask why. "I don't know why Mina chose that role in particular, maybe to show how badly you want to act?"

Kris took a moment to let the words sink in but in the end decided it did make sense. "Alright, I'll do it."

Xiumin let out the breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Great!"

Step one: convince Kris to act the role of a clingy gay. Check!

---------------

Luhan pulled into the drive way of Tao's house. Tao requested that they needed to talk before they drove off to Suho's.

"Hi ge." Tao greeted the elder as he made himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

"Hey Tao. What's wrong? Are you okay? You sounded kind of upset when you called me earlier." Luhan's tone was laced with worry.

Tao nodded. "I'm fine, it's actually Kris ge that I wanted to talk to you about."

This took Luhan by surprise. "Why, what's wrong with Kris?" Kris seemed to be fine the last time they talked, but he hasn't been texting as often in the last couple days. Luhan just thought it was because Kris had been busy with his job.

"I'm only telling you this because you're his best friend. But promise me you won't tell anyone or bring it up when you see him later."

"Why?"

Tao was still a university student but he was offered an internship at SM Fashions. He lied that a couple days ago Kris came in to get his measurements taken and as he was going to say hi to Kris, he accidentally heard a conversation he wasn't meant to.  

"I overheard him talking to one of the jie jie's that I work with. They must have been dating because I heard her breaking up with him. He tried mending their relationship but she kept telling him things weren't working out between them. Then the next thing I know, he's storming out of the building." He fibbed. He was holding a look of worry on his face, worried that Luhan wouldn't believe him; but in this case it seemed as though the worry was given towards Kris.

"What?" Was the only thing Luhan managed to say. Sure he was empathetic for how Kris must be feeling at the moment, but he was also upset that as his best friend, Kris didn't bother telling him that he had been dating.

Tao bit his lower lip nervously. He wasn't liking the silence. And he couldn't quite tell from Luhan's facial expressions what the latter was thinking. He silently prayed that the plan wouldn't be foiled because of him.

"Ge, are you okay?" He cautiously asked.

"Tao, did Kris ever mention that he was dating anyone?" Luhan disregarded the younger's question.

Tao immediately shook his head. "No, I don't think anyone knew about it. Maybe he didn't tell anyone cuz they hadn't been dating that long?"

Luhan felt better upon hearing that response. "Okay, so I'm just supposed to pretend that nothing is out of the ordinary, as if you didn't just tell me all that?"

"Yeah, well I mean I wouldn't be surprised at all if he acted a little needy, touchy and or feely. And since he's the closest to you, you should just let him be for the night. He's most likely going to need the time and love to mend his broken heart."

Luhan nodded in understanding. "Yeah, you're right." He reversed out of the drive way and started moving towards their destination.

Tao suddenly broke out in a smile.

Step two: tell Luhan to be attentive to Kris and his needs. Done!

--------------

Upon stepping into the house, Luhan took the time to take in his surroundings as he walked further inside. The interior was just as beautifully decorated as the exterior had been. With a white Christmas tree in the living room next to the fireplace where 12 Christmas stockings were closely hung. Lights were strung off the railings, doors, and basically everywhere else imaginable. Suho really went all out on being festive! 

D.O, Lay and Chanyeol had come over early to help with dinner. So when the rest of the gang had come in they were all greeted with a delicious aroma floating around the house. 

"Han!" He heard a voice calling out to him. But before he could react, he felt his forehead colliding into a bony object and arms wrapped tightly around him; tight enough to squeeze all the oxygen out of him.

Luhan managed to wriggle out of the death grip enough to see that it was Kris. Keeping in mind what he had been told earlier, he switched their positions and took the taller male by surprise when Kris was the one being enveloped tightly.

Kris was impressed Luhan was able to get into character so quickly and easily. He could tell they had an audience, he thought he would for sure be able to trick them with his amazing acting if he and Luhan kept this up. Soon he would not only be known for his modelling, but also his acting.

--------------

Suho quickly took a look around him before he began speaking to Tao and Xiumin. "Wow, I can't believe this is actually working out." He was referring to how Kris seemed to be glued to Luhan's side.

Tao rolled his eyes in response. "What I can't believe is that you even doubted me!"

"Anyways, did you manage to get the mistletoe?" Xiumin asked as they continued setting up the table.

Suho nodded. "Yeah, I hid it underneath the couch."

Step three: buy mistletoe and keep it hidden until the time is right. Completed!

A moment later, the doorbell rang. The two maknaes were the only ones left that hadn't yet made an appearance.

"Luhan hyung, would you grab the door for me?" Suho called out from the dining room.

"Okay." Luhan responded before getting off the couch and making his way over to the door. If felt slightly odd that Kris followed with his arms wrapped around Luhan's tiny waist in a back hug, but he let the feeling slide.  

"Whoa, this sure isn't something you see every day." Kai whistled as he walked through the doors followed by Sehun.

"Well hello to you too Kai." Kris' tone of voice was dripping with sarcasm before he dragged Luhan back towards the living room.

The maknae's eyes widened in pure shock at the sight before him but soon turned into daggers. He kept glaring as if that would somehow burn a hole in the back of Kris' head.

"Hey." He averted his attention over to Kai when the latter nudged him. "What do you think is up with those two?"

Sehun's hands subconsciously curled up into fists at the question. "Nothing, absolutely nothing!" 

Kai was startled by Sehun's sudden outburst. "O-okay."

Step four: provoke Sehun throughout the night. Very successfully initiated. 

-----------

Dinner soon came around, everyone was gathered and seated at the dining table. Their Christmas dinner always consisted of everyone's individual favorite dishes, ranging from Western food to traditional Chinese and Korean dishes as well as turkey. 

Before completely losing their senses to the delicacies in front of them, they each spoke about what they were thankful for and hoped that all would be well next year. 

Inconveniently, Luhan's favorite dish was placed in front of Sehun, who happened to be seated diagonally from him. Sehun insisted that it was no trouble at all to assist Luhan whenever he wanted to take from the plate. 

However, much to Sehun's dismay and annoyance Kris still had the upper hand. He was sitting right next to Luhan and still managed to keep his left arm around the latter's waist as they ate and continuously placed food into Luhan's bowl.  

Towards the end of the dinner, when they had all finished eating and began clearing the table, D.O had accidentally knocked over one of the half filled glasses soiling the bottom of Luhan's shirt. 

Kris beat Sehun to grabbing the clean napkins. He helped wipe the shirt dry, but there was still a visible stain. 

"Dude, if this was a competition then I can honestly say that Kris hyung is winning by a landslide." Kai whispered to a silently fuming Sehun. 

"Shut up Kai." Sehun scowled. "Suho hyung why aren't you offering Luhan hyung another shirt?" He burst out of frustration. 

Everyone stopped what they were doing and directed their attention over to Sehun. They'd never seen the maknae in such a mood. Of course they weren't blind to the little battle that was brewing between Kris and Sehun. Most were confused as to why Kris was suddenly acting the way he was around Luhan, it was unusual. But they didn't question it as it seemed to serve a purpose, maybe by the end of the day Sehun would finally crack and confess the feelings he had for Luhan. 

As Suho was still wracking his brain for what was the most appropriate thing to say, Luhan beat him to it; much to his relief. 

The elder placed a hand on Sehun's shoulder to reassure him. "It's fine Hunnie, it's not that bad." 

Sehun's spirits lifted at the touch and the mention of his nickname. And after seeing that Sehun's calmed down, everyone else resumed what they were previously doing. 

----------

Finally it was past midnight, which meant it was officially Christmas Day! The 12 gathered around in the living room sitting around the Christmas tree. There was usually always an argument that would arise about who got to open their present first. So Tao decided to speak up before the uproar started.

"Luhan ge, I think you and Sehun should open up your presents first. You could really use it." He then passed two identically wrapped packages to the said males.

Luhan didn't even hesitate. He ripped through the paper to reveal a t-shirt with the words 'HIS BOYFRIEND' in bolded block letters and an arrow pointing left. He looked up at Sehun to see that the latter was also mirroring a puzzled look. Sehun held up the same t-shirt but his said 'MY BOYFRIEND' with the arrow pointed to the right. Heat was slowly rising to Luhan's cheeks as he looked away shyly.

"What? When did the two of you start dating?" Lay was shocked and confused. But his question caused lots of background noise as Baekhyun and Chanyeol were practically fanboying.

Choosing to ignore Lay, Tao pulled Luhan up from his spot on the floor and pushed him into the bathroom. "Come on, go try it on, I want to know how it fits."

"Oh my god, it's perfect!" Baekhyun squealed when he saw Luhan making his way back to the group.

"Sehun, you should put yours on too!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Dude, look. How funny is that?" Sehun averted his attention from the chaos over to the direction in which Kai was pointing. Kris' hand found its way back to Luhan's, reflexively entangling their fingers together. But what instantaneously stood out to Sehun was the fact that Luhan was seated on Kris' right side. With the indication of the arrow on the new shirt, it made it look like Kris was Luhan's 'boyfriend'.

Sehun was once again internally fuming with rage. Just when he thought things couldn't get any worse, something like this had to happen! He didn't know how much longer he could refrain himself from lashing out at Kris.

"Enough you two!" Suho reprimanded the fanboys. "Okay Luhan hyung, why don't you go next?" He suggested as the atmosphere became somewhat quieter.

Luhan picked up a box wrapped in blue paper decorated with snowflakes and handed it over to Kris.

Kris' eyes sparkled and a gummy smile broke out on his face once he tore through the paper and took off the lid. "How did you- I can't believe you-" At this point Kris gave up on trying to form a proper sentence and opted to pull Luhan into his arms. "Thank you."

Luhan couldn't stop smiling at the latter's reaction as he reached out to wrap his arms around Kris. "Brings back a lot of memories doesn't it?"

The others just watched as the two seemed to venture into their own little world. But that was understandable as they weren't familiar with Ace the alpaca or aware of the significance he brought to the two during their childhood.

Everyone else was content with what they were gifted, especially Chanyeol and Baekhyun as they flipped through the scrapbook causing yet another commotion. Suho was the only one insulted by his gift, but he unwillingly accepted it with thanks after hearing Chen's explanation.

Step five: make sure BaekYeol likes their Christmas gift. Oh hell yes!

Once the gifts had all been given out and unwrapped, they had difficulties coming to a consensus about what they should do next. They voted between playing truth or dare, watching Christmas movies or just calling it a night and going to bed. It was a pretty close race but the first option won with less than half the votes. It was decided that Xiumin was going to start after winning rock paper scissors.

"Alright, Luhan. Truth or dare?"

Luhan shrugged. "Dare I guess."

Xiumin smiled devilishly as he rubbed his hands together. This was it, the moment that they had all been waiting for. Of course, he was also feeling a little scared since once this was all over he might become dead meat after Kris found out the truth. But he would worry about that later. "Then I dare you to kiss Kris under the mistletoe."

His doe eyes widened in shock at what he'd heard. He looked back and forth between Kris and Sehun. Yes, it was just a dare and he was sympathetic towards Kris but not enough that he would want to kiss him. And what would Sehun think? For the entire night he already seemed super pissed off at the two of them and Luhan wasn't even sure of the reason.

"You guys don't even have mistletoe!" Chanyeol protested. He knew this was just a game and it wasn't anything serious but since he shipped HunHan he was against this happening.

"Says who?" Suho then reached under the couch closest to him and pulled out the fake plant tossing it over to Tao who was already standing behind Kris and Luhan.

"Come on guys, kiss!" Tao held the mistletoe right above their heads and influenced the rest of the guys to chant along with him.

Luhan focused on Kris who also wasn't sure of what to do. He just shrugged gesturing to Luhan that he was okay with it. Luhan took in a deep breath and began closing the space between them.

"Sehun you have to do something! Are you seriously just going to sit there and watch those two kiss?!" Kai shouted out to Sehun above all the other noise.

That seemed to be enough to awaken his senses. Sehun stood up and shoved Kris aside just in time to be met with a pair of soft lips pressed against his own.

"Oh my god Yeollie they kissed!" Baekhyun screamed in excitement as Chanyeol was right beside him furiously snapping pictures of the golden moment.

Luhan's eyes fluttered open and quickly pulled away once he realized it wasn't Kris he kissed. "Oh my, Sehun-ah? Crap, I am so sorry!" His heart beat erratically and he avoided all means of eye contact as he felt his face flush.

Sehun found his hand come in contact with Luhan's chin as he positioned it so they were now looking at each other. He wasn't sure where this sudden surge of confidence was coming from but he was grateful for it. "Don't be. I really liked that, and I really like you."

"I um, really like you too Hunnie." He stated clearly not comprehending the true meaning behind Sehun's words.

Chen rolled his eyes in agony and just decided to speed up the process. "Not as a friend you dumb deer! That was a confession!" And in response, he was pelted with many pillows.

Luhan looked to Sehun for confirmation in which the younger male nodded. "So from this moment on, will you be mine?"

His lips subconsciously curved into a smile. Tears welled up in his eyes as he lunged forward into Sehun's embrace. He vigorously nodded his head yes against the younger's broad shoulders.

Sehun couldn't stop himself from smiling stupidly as he wrapped his arms tightly around Luhan's body.

Everyone else awed at how sickeningly cute the couple was being and rolling their eyes at the fanboys as they were literally crying tears of joy.

It was almost as if he had foreseen the future, in Chanyeol's books, this was by far the best Christmas.

Final step: make sure HunHan confesses and kisses under the mistletoe. Mission accomplished!