Encountered At Last

Navillera's Border

The afternoon sun beamed through the thick canopy of Navillera’s forest as the two friends moved fast across the dirt path leading to Haesang. Both had no idea if the path they were taking were even the right one but the Seonghwa’s village passer-by was kind enough to lead the way without causing any chaos to erupt. That was far from what they wanted at the moment especially when the Crown Prince was apparently in a hurry. If it was not because Taehyung was in his butterfly form, he would have laughed aloud seeing his friend’s somewhat convincing act. The ginseng soup sure helped him at least.

 

Trudging on his majestic white horse, Jimin’s figure seemed to dazzle, enhancing his charismatic side as the Crown Prince which could only be seen if he was to solely put his entire focus while his physical training. He was in no hurry actually but the people back at the palace looked at him with doubt when he suddenly came barging at the stable. Same went with the palace guards who managed to question his decision.

 

The Crown Prince never felt that alive riding to his destination. If he could, he wanted to do it as often rather than out hunting with his father, the King. The nature had always been a wonder to him as what it had installed for him to discover. Ever since he finished his reading on ‘Out and About: Mount Navillera’, he grew more curious of things happened beyond the palace high walls. A smile plastered on his face all the way and he glanced upwards where he could see his friend’s silvery purple wings fluttered beautifully as he led the way.

 

Half way in the dense forest, the horse began to slow down its pace as Jimin slightly tugged the leather strap before fully stopping. Instead of having his eyes up north, Jimin’s head turned back as something managed to capture his attention. Taehyung too stopped and decided to land his butterfly form on the Prince’s shoulder. Gazing on him, he saw a stray of light shining on a path.

 

The path was entirely covered neatly with dry leaves as if someone had arranged them. It did not ease down his curiosity, not even the slightest since the light emitted appeared to be welcoming him. Shaking his head, Jimin spoke urgently before continuing his journey, “Lead the way to Haesang, Tae.”

 


 

“My son, I thought you’re having a high fever. What are you doing out of your room?” The Seonghwa’s King questioned his son as soon as Jimin got off his horse and gave it to the one responsible in taking care of it. Only a small smile managed to come upon his face as he waited for his father to burst in the middle of ever growing crowd. The attention he was able to gather was enough to even cause the Haesang’s royal couple to walk out to check on their guests when they suddenly disappeared while they were conversing.

 

The crowd was awed to be honest. The atmosphere was filled with surprise mainly by the people of Haesang since it was their first time to witness the so-called Crown Prince of Seonghwa. To compare him with their Crown Prince was an understatement since both were charming in their own ways and their faces looked as if they were sculptured by mother-nature first hand. In easier way to say it, it had been years since the last time they got to see very handsome future ruler of both parts of Navillera.

 

“If you’re wondering I came here alone then fear not because Taehyung tagged along with me. His mother’s ginseng soup healed like a miracle.” Jimin suddenly complimented and as if on cue the mentioned fellow returned back to his human form, causing another round of gasp by the crowd. If only they knew his friend was not a Prince like they gossiped, world peace could possibly be restored.

 

“We are more than happy to finally be able to see you here today. You look more dashing than I ever imagined.” The Haesang’s Queen complimented genuinely before the King invited the royal Park family over to the dining hall as the actual celebration was about to begin. Taehyung however had another idea in mind as he escorted Jimin. He was not planning in standing with him and at once, his eyes finally found his old friend who apparently saw him coming too. “Can I meet Jungkook for a while?” He whispered on the Crown Prince’s ears and earned a nod almost immediately as a respond.

 

“Jeon Jungkook!” Jimin heard Taehyung yelled loudly across the place as he too saw the younger fellow on the other side of the room once they arrived in massive dining hall. The Seonghwa’s Crown Prince was rather distracted as he was simply amazed by the fancy decoration of the interior which was why when a hand landed on his shoulder, he jumped in surprise. His eyes saw a hand gesturing him to take as a form of greeting and he finally saw the owner’s face.

 

“Kim Myungsoo, Haesang’s Crown Prince. It is indeed a surprise to finally be able to see you here at long last. I thought that your parents wanting to keep you from the public eyes for a quite some time now.” Myungsoo jokingly stated as Jimin returned him a warm smile once they shook hands. “I’m glad that I can manage especially when I suddenly wake up in cold sweat and high fever. That was not a great way to begin the day.” Jimin confessed before ended his sentences with a laugh.

 

After hearing the statement though, Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed unconsciously. “Oh really, thankfully you did not faint on your way here. It’s not often to see anyone come here by horse, if I can add.” His mouth may utter such lines but his brain thought otherwise. It was Jimin’s morning condition that struck him. He could see Jimin was talking judging by his lips movement but his mind wandered off.

 

‘Why does his condition reminded me of her? She woke up with high fever too but it gone almost instantly after an hour or so. I bet it’s nothing. It’s just a mere coincidence, right?’ But that was no enough for Myungsoo. His brain decided it was great to bring up Jiyeon’s explanation after her trip to the fortune teller’s place, connecting bits and piece of information with hope a reasonable reason would appear. However, his train of thoughts were cut when Jimin lightly tapped on his right arm, telling him that his sister had entered the room.

 

Since Jimin had never been to the Haesang’s palace before in his life, he began to evaluate Yoongi’s statement regarding the level of beauty stated by him. He could see a couple of them meekly waving at him once he stepped in the room by simply taking note the royal Haesang emblem on their outfits. He only responded with a smile and pondered that he should have been focusing on the lesson on socialising back in Seonghwa rather than actually not attending them. He also hated the nervous feeling he had caught out of the blue when his eyes met with the birthday Princess.

 

“What’s her name?” He wondered softly in the midst of crowd clapping their hands while singing her the traditional birthday song. The only one that managed to answer him was of course not other than, his servant friend. Shocked was the accurate word to use at that moment when he finally realised that he already left Myungsoo to plot himself nearer to the front where his parents were without knowing Taehyung and Jungkook already beat him to it.

 

“Park Jimin, you’re in daze again.” Taehyung mentioned as he mischievously nudged him by the side, cutting the Crown Prince’s attention from the Princess once she blew her candles. But the attention he received was not long since Jimin had his eyes back on the main highlight of the day.

 

They were a number of pretty and gracious Princesses walking around the Seonghwa’s palace ground and he talked to them occasionally in a few functions held. It was only for the sake of trying his best to appear friendly and approachable. Yet, there he was standing still in the midst of the royal crowd gazing on the Princess’ side profile. It would be a major lie if his breathing was in its normal pace because it was not and his heart – racing as if he was still riding his horse.

 

She smiled and he copied soon after. It was done without him realising so his friends saw it as an opportunity to tease the Crown Prince. “It seems like his highness has an eye on our Princess.” Jungkook spoke as he attempted to suppress a set of laughter but Taehyung just had to burst out loud, gaining attention of many, including the celebrated one. “Stop it you two. She might hear you.” Jimin sternly said with a glare once he turned his head over at the two males on his side.

 

“Hate to bring you another bad news but she is currently looking at us. It might be on you since she is walking here, right now.” Taehyung reported as he wiggled his brows with another teasing session. “No she’s not; she’s there with her fam-”

 

“Good evening, your highness. I guess you must be the Crown Prince of Seonghwa my parents told me seconds ago.” She good-naturedly greeting, causing the two friends to look at the Prince with their signature mischievous look before politely taking their leave. Turning his heels to his left, his breath hitched for a second before inhaling subtly to steady himself. He did not get caught doing anything stupid, right? That was his thought by the way.

 

“Yes, that would be me. Happy birthday…uh…”

 

“Ah, where are my manners? I’m Kim Jiyeon and from what I see you already met my family members and friend.” Jiyeon replied instantly as she saw his unnecessary feet movement. She could read one’s body language very well since her mother had forced her to finish that one book regarding that topic. Who knew it came in handy at last? It was handy not only being able to read other people’s condition but also for her to control her own body.

 

If Jimin was nervous because it was his first time coming to the Haesang’s palace, Jiyeon had more reasons to be twice as nervous as him. Instead of showing it which led to an awkward atmosphere, she simply chanted a line of confidence in her brain with hope she would not screw in making a good first impression on him. The first step he took once he was off his oh-so-majestic white horse, she was already swooned by his good and charming looks. It reminded her of the dreams and the fictional book she had been reading to fill in her time. She would not mind rereading them now that the figure in her imagination finally had a decent face in exchange of a male figure with blurred face.

 

“Kim Jiyeon, I see you met with the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince. She had been begging me to send letters over to your palace just so he can come. Who knew, right?” Her father unexpectedly informed, making the two involved blushed a tint of pink on their cheeks. As they were engaged in another conversation, Jiyeon already stood on her parents side while Jimin on his.

 

‘She has a brown coloured hair. I guess that’s normal here. Thank goodness.’ Jimin thought as he suddenly filled his mind in examine the Princess’ appearance which was a bad idea because she smiled when he decided to check on her face. Tearing his gaze off her, he heard her tinkling laughter and oh was he embarrassed from getting caught red handed. But he should not be as the Princess was apparently did the same. ‘I thought the Seonghwa tend to have bright coloured hair but his is brown just like us. A very bright brown if I say so myself.’

 

The two rulers decided to make their way back to the ballroom where the musicians had been taking turns performing their own piece of music. Jimin was taken aback by surprise though when he witnessed a particular Prince with green hair sat in front of the grand white piano. “Of course Min Yoongi had to be here.” He said aloud before his loneliness filled in by her on his right side.

 

“He’s your cousin, right? He never missed playing the piano every time he’s here. His betrothed said that he can sit and play all day long if there was nothing for him to do back in Seonghwa.” Jiyeon started the conversation out of the blue. Nodding, Jimin responded, “He had always been the musically talented among us Princes in Seonghwa.”

 

That was not the end of their conversation though as the time ticked by and the group of friends: Taehyung, Jungkook and Yein soon joined after making the bubble of happiness that had been surrounding Jiyeon grew even bigger. For some reasons, she felt at ease throughout the celebration, forgetting the fact she was indeed sick in the morning before the pain lifted off and mysteriously vanished into thin air.