‘Out and About: Mount Navillera’

Navillera's Border

The years flowed through in a blink of the eye in Navillera as about two and a half of it passed by with everything was in its place as the sun set on the west, indicating the night had arrived as expected. There was such thing as electricity on the Navillera Isle. Nevertheless, that did not stop the Seonghwa to burn the light torches on the tops of the palace walls as a source of light and heat to go through the cold and dark transitioning season. It was their strength anyway so why not use them in good places.

 

Having a seat by the window with a book in his hand was the Crown Prince of Seonghwa looking out instead of putting his focus on the current reading material. The royal Park family just had their dinner and he was left alone immediately once Taehyung zoomed off to the kitchen where apparently work seemed to pile up as he grew up. Being seventeen, turning eighteen on the next winter, he needed to learn how the kitchen works if he was to be the kitchen’s head. He would not want to be a mere servant for the rest of his life.

 

Jimin was lonely if one to put his feeling into a word. Just like his servant friend, he too had more in his schedules regarding the intellect and also fighting. The latter one though he must put a lot of effort in as he was indeed confused of himself. Can it be he would never be like any other people in Navillera? What would the future be once the people, especially the Seonghwa knows of his deepest secret? He could not shape-shift…yet.

 

‘Yet’ was one of the words in the Prince’s mind when he thought of his difficult situation. Other than ‘hope’, ‘tired’ would be another choice word as he spent his three years of training his fire element with the royal doctors and traditional healers come and go in the Park’s quarters, trying to mend the problem. One thing for sure, he was disappointed every single time when they stated the typical reports of their finding and shrugs.

 

Why did he have to be the one to experience it? He simply could not recall the incident ever happened to the royals. Not that he read or heard of before, that is. Strangely enough, the dream of him flying seemed to remain in the past as he never gets them anymore.  He was worried, same went with his parents. Both sides had no idea what to do any further besides praying with lots of hope.

 

Letting out a long, depressing sigh, Jimin closed his book. After the talk with Taehyung about the Mount Navillera years ago, he had been trying to read the book he mentioned with maximum effort but sadly he could not seem to be able to finish it. Every time he stopped, it would take him months to get the book in his hands once again. Rereading it from the start since he forgot what the book was all about in the beginning. And there was he again, could not afford to turn the next page like always. Washing up, he decided to sleep as the next day would fill more physical work than the use of brain.

 

After breakfast with his family at the dining hall, his feet instantly dragged him through the long hallway which led to the medium sized field located on the east of the palace. Seeing that it was such a chilly early-spring day, most of the familiar faces of Princes from the other quarters were already found themselves under a shady willow tree on the left-hand corner of the field.

 

“Good morning, your highness. It’s good to see you being here on time for once.” A man clad in maroon top, black bottom and bronze hear gear greeted him playfully as they shook hands. “It’s feels good to be on time too. What’s on the list today, Master Heo?” Jimin good-naturedly replied to his; scratch that, the Seonghwa’s royal trainer. Full name: Heo Youngsaeng. Very experience with one-to-one combat, excellent in languages and his looks though deemed simple because he only met during training sessions but he can be charismatic when chances were given.

 

“Alright, I see everyone I expected manage to turn up according to plan today. I need you all to warm up first. Come on now, up from your seats.” Master Heo instructed as he clapped his hands, showing slight urgency upon seeing the Princes lazily got up before scattering into different spots. The sun was barely on their heads but beads of sweat already trickled on their temples.

 

“I don’t see the use of warming up when the sun literally warming us up already.” Jimin chuckled at an Apple-green headed fellow’s sarcastic remark on his side. He was not in the mood as per usual since he preferred sitting somewhere warmer and enjoying the spring breezes if he could but no. He had training for what apparently for any possibility of fights in the future. Palace guards were around the palace for a reason but being able to self-defence would be great as well.

 

“That’s what you say every day we are on field, Yoongi. Let the spring has its chance to do its work and maybe a hat for your head because my eyes hurt from looking at it.” The younger one voiced in a playful tone but of course the older Prince took it by heart as an insult. It was not his decision to have such colour. Yoongi rolled his eyes as he decided to shut up instead of retorting back to the lad.

 

The daily training went on just as planned. That was what Master Heo saw the Princes were doing other than blocking his ears off negative remarks regarding the chill weather. If it was not with the help of the thick clothing keeping them sane, their bodies would scatter, unwantedly freezing them. These males are all Princes of Seonghwa after all and cold weathers were definitely not their forte. The only thing they lack off at the moment was cold tolerance and clearly only a few had it in them. They could always conjured up fire to provide them warmth but Master Heo would never let that happen.

 

Once the training was done, Jimin could feel the last bit of energy began to drain through his legs as he let his body made its way to his room, his haven. Instead of heading straight to shower, he threw his body on the bed with eyes eyeing on the ceiling blankly. Fortunately, there was no halt in between his training today which he should not be happy just yet. Maybe it was one of those days his parents wanted him to solely focus in training. Which he wished his parents would give him more of – one task at a time as opposed to piling everything up in one place.

 

He had his right arm covering his eyes as he panted for air before his breathing steadied itself. Trying to recall his schedule for the day, a small smile appeared on his face. His eyes found its way to a wall clock across the room when he pushed his body off and shifting to a sitting position. Knowing he had more time for the day, he thought it would be nice to have a warm shower before heading out to the palace indoor garden with a book in hand once again.

 

Out and About: Mount Navillera. His mouth recited the title of the book for the nth time. A cup of warm coffee on the small table right on his left side, Jimin began to indulge himself in facts of supposedly finish reading material. He would smile from time to time out of excitement and fascination. For most of his seventeen years on Navillera, he never thought the land would hold such great pride of its kind. It was also stated on the possibility of other type of people beyond the border: those with other powers and those…with no powers.

 

That caught his attention the most but that was not about him. He has powers. He could conjure fire out of his hands and if he was to satisfy himself further, he is so far the best user at it among the other Seonghwa Princes. Even the hard to entertain Min Yoongi said so. It was a huge deal. There just simply one thing left.

 

“If only this book reveals the answer to my weird self. I wonder when I can be normal.” Jimin muttered as he continued to read without realising his good friend passing in front of him whilst carrying box of fresh vegetables from the palace gate along with three more kitchen helpers on his north. He had his eyes on Jimin, hoping that he would notice but he seemed busy which was why he sighed in defeat.

 

It had been awhile since the last time Taehyung managed to be on the Crown Prince’s side. Waking him up in the morning was one of his jobs and that was the only time they would greet each other, that was if he had the free time. Therefore, simply hanging out with Jimin was out of the picture for months already. There were two times where they were able to genuinely talk about their lives and that was it. Who he was kidding? Jimin would eventually leave him anyway. That was what his mother said.

 

Jimin placed his book down when his ears caught steps not far from him. He scanned the area once only to see nobody around. Well, he did miss his friend’s presence seconds ago. That was when he realised, the sky was getting darker and the fences’ torches were already lid up with flame. It was his cue to leave. One of the people from the kitchen walked by again and the Prince returned back the empty cup. He would send it himself but his mother would be mad because that would only made the kitchen even more crowded than it should. That was what she exactly stated if he was able to recall fully.

 

One chapter left from the book and he definitely wanted to finish it by that night, right after dinner – which explained why he was all fidgety on his seat while consuming his dinner, causing his parents, the King and Queen to eye him weirdly. It was only on certain occasion he would act such way and since there was no important event coming up, it made them questioning but never verbally. Just a quick eye contact with one another was all the royal couple needed to understand.

 

Once the Crown Prince was done washing up for the night, he instantly made his way to the seat by the window instead of the bed. He truly believed if he chose the second option, he would doze off, not finishing the much anticipated book ending. Engrossed in the final chapter, he was deep within his bubble but it was burst as he heard a voice he had long time been getting from. Looking out, he saw someone waving at him.

 

“You know you can always come by through the door instead of the window all the time, Tae. And just when I thought I can finish this tonight, you’re here.” Jimin stated but still having the last few pages in his hands. He sure hoped Taehyung got the message. Of course, the lad did not seem to know his intention. “Oh, is that why you’re so jumpy during the dinner? Her highness sends me here for nothing then.” Taehyung confessed with a shrug before walking over to sit on the Prince’s bed.

 

There was it again. The familiar sense of nothing yet interestingly comfortable silence. As Taehyung playing on his own on the bed by constantly switching position from sitting to lying on his abdomen to his back, Jimin finally closed the book with a loud thud. Since the atmosphere was quiet, the friend was quick to pick up the sound, making his body sprung of his current position and running towards the fellow with a bright smile.

 

“Finally you finished that! I’ll be right back.” Taehyung said before disappearing into air in his butterfly form. With his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Jimin mumbled, “It is funny how we are still able to be friends up to this day.” As much as he wanted to wait though, the tiredness already crept on his system and his eyes grew droopy.

 

Two hours before the sun rose, the silvery purple butterfly perched on the window ledge, only to see the Crown Prince’s sleeping figure twitching and tossing about. He did not seem to have a decent sleep if he was to assume things. He was torn in between to wake him up and told him his plan for the day or letting him continue which he eventually left after choosing the second option.