Most Beautiful Moment in Life

Navillera's Border

“I can’t believe what I am seeing. Please tell me you guys are seeing that too. Please say something guys. Don’t leave me hanging.” Taehyung urgently questioned at his friend and the green haired prince. Once they saw Jiyeon physical changes, they could not simply remain rooted on their spots especially Taehyung who had the mind of a child at the moment. The three of them immediately flew up to the top of Mount Navillera exactly at the time where the princess was thrown off the cliff by her own brother.

 

Just as they landed on the even ground in their human form, they witnessed another astonishing event unwrapped right in front of their eyes. Yoongi could see Jimin jumping off the high mountain top without any delay after he briefly saw the shade of red sparkle he grew accustomed to shaping a pair of familiar wings. The same ones he would saw if the young Crown Prince would have if he was in his butterfly form. There was a proud smile lingered on the prince’s face when he saw his precious cousin’s heroic action first hand.

 

As soon as Jimin landed on his two feet on the ground, just like Jiyeon, his wings too disappeared into thin air. He placed the princess down and started to shower her with questions. “Oh thank goodness, you’re alright. I didn’t know what happened to me. I just jumped off a cliff for you only to have wings appearing on my back. I thought I lost you.” He ended as he placed his hands on her shoulders. She did not reply to his rants though as Jiyeon simply gaze at him, amused and touched at his affection.

 

“Jimin, I’m alright, thanks to you.” The princess decided to say after minutes of not talking. As much as she loved hearing him all flustered, he had to be stopped from embarrassing himself since she saw their friends running towards them. Finally turning his attention to the side, Jimin was trampled by a certain fellow with silvery purple hair. As for Jungkook, he nodded at the princess before giving her a thumb up over in her direction, causing her to chuckle lightly.

 

“Little one, you’re alive!” Taehyung good-naturedly shouted right at the Crown Prince’s ears and pushed him off after much work. He wanted to be mad at his given nickname since he believed Jiyeon should not know about it but it was all too late. “Yes, I’m alive, Tae. Wait; where’s Myungsoo?” Jimin questioned out of curiosity. He just noticed the other prince was nowhere to be seen from his position.

 

The weather surrounding them was sunny with another couple of hours before it bid its goodbye to make way for the moon. They admitted how beautiful the scenery from above as they glanced the area and beyond. Seeing that most of the people down at the used-to-be battle ground already sat up from lying on the wet ground, they realised what they had achieved. After longingly looked at the scenery around her, Jiyeon noticed there was no mist or fog obstructing the view like the first time she was up there.

 

“He passed out.” The four of them heard Jimin’s voice about two metres away from the spot they had been standing. When they all gathered around the Seonghwa Crown Prince, he looked at their face knowingly before saying, “Everyone, you know what this means, right?” Taehyung was the first to beam upon understanding the statement and his expression was copied by the rest of them but until someone clarified it officially, the satisfaction was not there. That was why Jimin as the Crown Prince decided make the declaration.

 

“The Seonghwa wins the joust, yet again.”

 


 

It was worth mentioning the last line of the prophecy turned out to be true. On both lands similarly, Jimin and Jiyeon’s names were spoken by everyone in the palace ground and also the villagers. A season already passed in Navillera and surely enough, Seonghwa palace never looked so lively. Nonetheless, the festivity would never defeat any kind of celebration being thrown for the Park royals. What would the festivity be to be held in such grand manner? Even the royals and villagers from Haesang were invited to the humble part of fire.

 

“Is he ready yet?” Jimin’s red hair defeated his purpose of being subtle to surprise his cousin who was fidgeting by the window. His green hair was neatly made with the help of his loyal palace servant and he was in Navillera’s traditional costume which should only to be worn on special days to be precise. “I never felt this nervous before. What if I messed this up? What if this is not the future I picture, Jimin?” Yoongi stuttered, reflecting his interior feeling very clearly.

 

“Ooh, Yoongi, you look great!” It was Taehyung who opened the door to Yoongi’s room wider. The two best friends entered the room without any doubt and the palace servant politely bowed before making his leave out of the room. “You don’t look so bad yourself, Taehyung. It must be great to feel like a prince, right?” The oldest stated cheekily with a small smirk already forming on his face.

 

Instinctively touched the crown perched on his head, Taehyung softly smiled. When the so-called joust was over, a lot had happened not only to Taehyung. In fact, the entire villagers in Navillera experienced great change in their lives. Once Jimin and the rest of the Seonghwa princes proudly burned down the fence they put up right at the end of their land and Jiyeon instructed for her people to knock off theirs, everyone gathered and instantly became one as if there was no form of trouble harbouring on their isle.

 

The former kitchen servant though was taken to Haesang after Jiyeon explained the result of the fight between the two lands. Once her father learnt that he had a stepson hidden away from him for the past few years, he immediately told his people to get him. The family reunion was a beautiful one when Taehyung broke into tears, knowing that he still has someone to call as his father. Even though not by blood, he did not mind it at all. Meeting with his stepfamily at long last led him to be officially crowned as the Haesang prince with fire as his element. The villagers were shock of course but when some clarified his background, they grew fond of his lovable trait just like how his late mother once did.

 

Sure that meant he and Jimin had harder time to see each other but Taehyung always come by the Seonghwa palace. By always, literally every Saturday mornings he would already be in the Seonghwa’s kitchen which often occasioned him being kicked out by the new kitchen head that went by the name Choi Yuju.

 

Did we just drift away from the main event of the day? Back to present time, most of the people that were in the throne room on time was able to witness an event which had not been happening for the last two years. Let out a long sigh, Jimin smiled as he found himself staring at Yoongi’s back figure as he exchanged his wedding vow with his wife. Oh, a wedding? Min Yoongi was getting married to his long time betrothed at last.

 

Sitting on his left side was his partner for the day. Truth to be told, he was not smiling because his cousin finally tied the knot. Actually, he was imagining being in the fellow’s shoes with a picture of Kim Jiyeon in his mind in replacement of Jiae’s face. When the princess nudged his side to gain his attention, she merely smiled and their gaze went down to their hands, interlocking one another.

 

The ceremony went on through the day with a long buffet of delicious food served for many. Walking by the table, Taehyung carefully locked his eyes on a certain female dark orange hair which had been standing by the entrance to the ballroom from afar. For some reasons, after knowing he was a prince in another land, the girl seemed to distant herself from him every single time he tried to approach her while he had been visiting the Seonghwa palace. Biting his lower lips unconsciously, his friend greeted him aloud, driving his train off the track.

 

“You had been staring at her for the longest time. Talk to her, will you. It hurts me to see that.” Jungkook jokingly mentioned as he sipped his drink from the wine glass in his hand. “It’s easier said than done, Jungkook.” Taehyung glared at him only to jolt in surprise when he heard another male voice joined the conversation.

 

“As much as I hated Jungkook, I think he’s right about that one, Tae.” The nickname might sound strange coming off from the older fellow seeing that they literally just faced him months ago. Kim Myungsoo had finally regained his senses after a week of passing out and lying on his bed. By that time, he woken up at the most accurate moment of when Taehyung had a crown placed on his head. He was furious of course at his father’s action but he could not say much. Let’s just say, he learned his lesson in the worst way possible because do you want to know why?

 

His title as the Haesang’s Crown Prince was taken away while he was still unconscious. Under the name of Navillera, the title was given to someone who deserved it more and Haesang officially had their first Crown Princess on the line after years. As promised by their father, Jiyeon will be ruling Haesang and only one year left for her to learn all the work as the Queen. She should have listened keenly in her classes but it was not too late and actually she already had a plan made by with a particular Crown Prince of Seonghwa.

 

Speaking of the future rulers of Navillera, where were the powerful royal couple anyway? Yoongi and Jiae already made their appearance in the massive dining hall where the main feast for the day should be held in. Exchanging looks from one another, Jungkook was the last one to shrug his shoulders, completely unaware of his female companion, Yein imitating his action as a joke. “Can you stop copying me?”

 

“Can you stop copying me?” Jungkook gaped at her replied as she stuck her tongue out in a playful manner before he could even react even further. “Hey, come back here young lady! You owe me an apology!” Lips pursed to showcase his annoyance; Taehyung simply rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the figure by his side.

 

“You’re not as childish, right Sujeong?” He asked which made the palace servant who he literally had to make her fall for him giggled as a reply. “I’m not so don’t worry, TaeTae.” She assured and Taehyung immediately felt warmth flowing in his body upon hearing the new nickname for the first time.

 

“Seriously where is Park Jimin? Can anyone stop being cheesy and answer the damn question!” Yoongi spoke aloud only to hiss in pain when his wife smacked him on the arms. “Watch your language, Min Yoongi. There are people around. Maybe his highness is doing his business or something.” Jiae voiced her opinion before dragging her husband across the room who already pouted in defeat. Oh my Min Yoongi is such a different man with his wife around, right? How interesting.

 

But what was more interesting was indeed the Crown Prince and Princess’ whereabouts. Actually to be honest, they had long left the Seonghwa palace ground. One season was enough for them to get-to-know they newly developed powers and him adapting to her vibrant azure blue hair. The warm summer air around them helped the two flying off to their desired location with hands still remained attached as if they were afraid of the result if they were to let go.

 

By the time they landed on their destination, they stood side by side with her arms wrapped around his left arm and head on his shoulder. They shared the same breathing pace incredible enough and the tranquil atmosphere provided by nature was definitely great for them to run away from the noisy wedding ceremony back at the palace. The two needed time to spend together if they wanted their wishes to go according to plan.

 

“How sure are you to be the King in one year time, Jimin?” Jiyeon broke the silence as she lifted her head off his shoulder to look straight into his eyes. “I’m very sure if you’re the Queen, Jiyeon.” He made his reply that sounded touching to her ears. She never liked the drum-like beating on her chest whenever he uttered such words yet some part of her did not mind listening to them all the time.

 

“I never pictured myself being the Queen before though. It’s a hard work. I know it especially when we had to run two different lands.”

 

“Who ever said about ruling two different lands?” Jimin suddenly stated in an unbelievable tone, causing the princess to look at him with her brows furrowed. Placing his index finger on the centre, he smoothed the wrinkles off her forehead. When he felt the time was right, Jiyeon gasped once she saw the prince went on his knee. She pictured the scenario once before. Well, way before they even met as she often read a lot of fictional books but there she was experiencing it for real.

 

“Crown Princess of Haesang, Kim Jiyeon,” He began before revealing a ring with what seemed to have ruby gem on it lifted upwards for her to see. She wanted to cry so badly but of course she did not want to ruin the moment. So she cupped her quivering lips which already forming a wide smile as she heard him continuing, “Will you take me, Park Jimin, the Crown Prince of Seonghwa as your lifetime companion, for eternity?”

 

Jimin did not have to pop the question, he was sure of the answer already but you know; he needed to live up to his princess’ dream. How did he know? Well, her stepbrother is his best friend after all. Showing his ever-so-charming smile, the princess nodded her head, not an instant reaction. Nonetheless, it was perfect timing for him. Inserting the ring on her finger after moments of waiting, he took her into his arms and sighed at ease when he realised he was fulfilling his own dream as well.

 

“I just noticed that this mountain is perfectly placed in the middle of the island.” He suddenly mentioned in the midst of the beautiful moment. Craning her head slightly to see him better, she replied, “Yes, I just noticed it too. It seemed like nature created it as some sort of division for Seonghwa and Haesang to exist.”

 

“I know that I want to rename this place. Mount Navillera sounds too much of burden.”

 

“What do you have in mind then?”

 

“Shall we call it the Navillera’s Border?” Jimin suggested once they distanced themselves but his hands held hers firmly right after. Jiyeon looked around the place in deep thought. She could see both Seonghwa and Haesang on her left and right respectively. With that assurance, the princess bobbed her head for the second time that night. “That’s sounds great, Jimin.” She said and beamed a wide smile that he definitely would never get tired of seeing. There was another round of stillness occupying the two again as they merely gazed at each other. They had one thing in mind.

 

Lowering his head to hers, Jiyeon instinctively closed her eyes, knowing what she should be expected from the prince. They swore the timing of the fireworks over in Seonghwa palace came of great, visualising their current bubbly feeling once their lips met. Moving her hands up to wrap around his neck, Jimin placed his by her sides. After a moment, they continued to stare the others eyes and the prince had his forehead on hers before exploding another set of imaginary fireworks in her mind. “I love you, Kim Jiyeon.”

 

It was simple three words to say yet it held such a great meaning that she almost forget she had to reply. When she realised it was the few words she wanted to tell him back when she fell with her back facing the water, the princess finally let the words escape at long last.

 

“I love you too, Park Jimin.”