Disruption Shall Fall

Navillera's Border

Once the sun rose from the east, her heart was definitely not at ease. It was beating so fast. The fact she had to wake up from her sleepless night with cold sweats only made her realised the day had indeed came. Eyes hardly opened, the princess set her feet forward to the draped window with heavy steps. Her hands were shaking when she pulled one side of the curtain aside, showing her the morning in Haesang palace. Never in her life had she felt so frightened to see so many people bundling out by the open gate. From afar she could see Namjoon’s reluctant posture as a mere gate keeper.

 

Moments after, Jiyeon found her way down the hallway, running towards the entrance to at least find Jungkook and she did but not in a condition she expected. Behind his shield helmet, his brown orbs were barely seen as a result from the same state as her: not being able to sleep. He was pondering if his plan would come true to one point in the midst of the cold night sword fighting practice with air almost caused him to collapse.

 

The two exchange no verbal conversation yet just from the look given, the princess simply wished everything will go well for both sides, the Haesang and also Seonghwa. When the silence crept around them made Jungkook annoyed, he sighed and spoke softly with intention for it to reach only Jiyeon’s ears, “You can always sneak your way to the battle field or whatever that calls. I don’t want to fight alone.” He was scared. Frightened to say the most but he knew she could do so, not without a fight.

 

“I will be there, Jungkook. One way or another, I will be there.” Jiyeon assured as she put her hand on his left, protected arm. Jungkook wanted to smile at the words because some parts of him were very sure she would be there but the question was how? It was only yesterday she involved in a fight with Myungsoo, determined to join in the battle. Nonetheless as expected, he would not let her go. As the Crown Prince, he knew his sister’s intention to follow along and she would definitely be on his side.

 

“I’ll find a way to escape this dungeon-like palace.” She voiced as she still had her eyes remained on Jungkook’s back while he walked out to hesitantly stood by Myungsoo’s side who managed to connect eyes with her. It was brief but long enough to feel a strong emotion pouring out of the gaze. It was an uncommon look as if he was trying to tell her something. However, their siblings’ telepathic ability had long destroyed from years of cold treatments.

 


 

“Is everyone ready to go?” As the one mounted on his white horse right at the front of the rows of princes and warriors, Crown Prince Jimin called out aloud. Craning his neck to get a better view of his troops behind, he saw Yoongi and Changsub trudging nearer seeing that they were the second and third in line after Jimin to be leading the fight they had to face. “Everyone is ready, Jimin. Taehyung’s here too.” Yoongi stated simply, causing the Crown Prince’s eyebrows to furrow when he did not see the silvery purple headed fellow anywhere. It took him seconds after when he finally noticed his familiar butterfly form perched on the prince’s shoulder.

 

Though he had been getting personal training with Changsub, one thing Taehyung was still lacking was in horse riding. Suggested to follow along in his smaller form, Yoongi had no choice to accept the plan at the last minute. Taking his final deep breathe, Jimin shook his head shortly before grabbing the strapped on the sides of his horse. Giving it a soft whipped, the white horse finally moved forward. Each step taken by the animal was trailed by another set of the same form of transportation. With worry and concern look from the King and Queen by the palace building, they glanced at one another. As the mother, of course she would want him to be safe but there was a stronger feeling tugged in her heart. She did not want to smile just yet as it just the beginning, still too early to assume.

 

Jimin eyed around the forest with sinking heart and bewildered mind. From his last visit to the forest, it did not seem to have that much of changes. As wonderful the ambience of one fine spring day, it was not the kind he had in plan as they continued making their way down the dirt path. Joining them along the way was village head Kim Seokjin. Copying Taehyung’s way of moving, Changsub willingly made a spot for the fellow’s sword on his horse’s pocket on the side.

 

After an hour of riding from the Seonghwa palace, the Crown Prince gasped in shock when the morning light beam grew larger once he approached the middle of the forest. Trees were taken down, leaving stumps everywhere and the large trunks of innocent plants were scattered around. What he found fascinating in the midst of the barren land was a willow tree which reminded him of a certain event. Stopping in synchronise, Jimin’s eyes landed what held beyond the open space with a glint of furiousness already igniting within him.

 

Jumping off their horses easily, the Crown Princes of both land made their way to the centre with their loyal set of warriors on their backs. Taehyung did not join Yoongi and Changsub. However, he who had no idea Jungkook stood behind Myungsoo felt slight betrayal in his heart. Well, they had not been talking for two long years and to finally meet on such event was not great at all.

 

“Glad to know the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince is actually punctual for once.” Myungsoo arrogantly stated with a smirk clearly seen on his face. As for Jimin, he made no instant reply to that since he opted to be more professional at it. He still had a chance to change the fellow’s mind, “It’s not too late to stop this war, Crown Prince Myungsoo.” He purposely spoke with formality.

 

“War? Is that what you think this is? Alright, dearest Crown Prince Jimin, this is not a war I’m looking for. I can’t stand seeing blood.” He clarified as he put up his hands to the sides, showing the gesture of a person being caught doing a crime. Those lines made Jimin’s train of thoughts to move. If a war was not what he was seeking, what else would it be?

 

“Say, this place reminds me of the day of the friendly joust you Seonghwa called. The exact same set of the day of my late mother’s passing.” His threw the line off as if he had all of them scripted in his brain. It also did not help that whatever he said was very clear to be heard by most people around them, including Taehyung who already scowled upon hearing them. Fortunately for the Haesang Crown Prince, he managed to learn how to control his fire element better.

 

“It was mere accident. You shouldn’t stay in the past for so long.” Jimin finally replied and mused that he was able to say it aloud instead of keeping them to himself. “It’s not just that I’m here for.” He heard the other continued on. It struck to him at last in confirmation. Myungsoo indeed had another intention in mind. He was not out for just revenge anymore. “Let’s make a deal.”

 

Jimin swore he never liked the way Myungsoo spoke especially when he used his oh-so-professional tone. It only made him felt sorry for Jiyeon to have such male for a blood-related brother. Speaking of her, he managed to wonder on her state in the middle of the one-sided conversation. But his mind found its way back to reality within seconds after shaking his head subtly.

 

“Let’s re-conduct the jousting event, here right at this moment. Obviously, it will be in different way, the Haesang way if I may add.” A joust was all he wanted for all the hard work he had done to gather and train all of the Haesang people that he often called as the peasants. And what was with the endless rain they sent to Seonghwa then; a distraction to prevent them from practicing? If that was a part of the plan then Jimin would say bravely that it actually worked. They did have to halt their practices since practicing with fire indoors was not ideal.

 

“If the Haesang win however, we will take over the whole island of Navillera. I believe it’s small to be ruled by two royalties, isn’t it?” Myungsoo suggested, no, he proposed with all witness he ever wanted. Most of them, Jungkook included did not know about the arrangement at all which taken him aback by surprised. If he knew, he would have secretly written the other Crown Prince a letter. Seeing that the deal was one sided, Jimin questioned, “What if the Seonghwa win?”

 

“Oh, if you win, you can do anything you want really.”

 

That was enough for him. All Jimin wanted by the end of the so-call joust was the original peace on the land of both the fire and water. Combining the two palace ground sure did not sound like it would hurt as it was not only beneficial for the people but also for him. He can be with Jiyeon without having to meet secretly anymore. If that was worth fighting, he would do his best. One word escaped of his mouth was all Myungsoo needed to smirk yet again before raising his sword upwards and sliced the air.

 


 

“You better release me; Kim Namjoon or you’ll be in trouble. I demand you to let me go. The Haesang’s Princess orders you to do so!” It was Jiyeon by the gate, shaking it furiously as the gate keeper merely looked at her. As much he wanted to open it for her, he could not and it was the Crown Prince’s order which held much higher position than her. Gazing at the wooden gate in front of her, she bit her lips with a thought that was not how she pictured to run out of the palace. She was clever after all. She knew very well of what she had been doing. “For a graceful princess like you, you sure had a lot of strength in you.” Namjoon spoke as he took her shoulders, trying to drag her away from the closed gate.

 

“Hey, hey, what’s going on here?” They heard a voice joined in their shenanigan. Hoseok walked by at the most accurate time ever as expected for a hint of hope. Seriously, she thought the gardener was joking when people gave him that nickname. “The princess was trying to leave, again.” The gate keeper told him as he helplessly held the girl.

 

“That is not a place for a princess like you, Lady Jiyeon. You should just stay here. Rest assure your brother will be doing just fine.” The gardener stated with an assuring smile in his face before he gently brushed off Namjoon’s hands on her shoulders. Jiyeon however decided to throw in another round of childish tantrum. Noticeably weird in Namjoon’s eyes, it connected with Hoseok’s who knowingly twitched his brows. Gaping, the smart gate keeper mouthed an ‘o’ once he registered what was going on. He had been friends with Hoseok long enough to converse telepathically.

 

“Oh my, Hoseok is right, Princess Jiyeon. It’s not safe for you to be out. Come in here and you can always wait for him and the others to come back. Even Jungkook wouldn’t want you to be there to be honest.” Namjoon quickly conjured some random lines he could muster and surely enough that managed to make the princess to crack a small smile on her lips. Waving at her once the gate keeper pushed her into his area, Hoseok whistled a tune with his hands on his back before walking off.

 

“Wow, this place is spacious than I expected.” Jiyeon confessed with eyes twinkling in fascination once she entered the gate keeper’s room. It was where all the levers, ropes and cabinets filled with letters. Opening one of them, she heard Namjoon telling her to stay away from a certain crate tucked in the corner of the room. If she was to take a glimpse from the outside, she would not notice it hidden behind the shadow.

 

Kneeling down on the dirty floor, Jiyeon’s hand took one of the white envelopes before her brows furrowed, almost joined if it was possible. “These are from one year ago.” She whispered as her eyes stuck on the piece of paper. “Why do you keep these letters, from Jimin?” She questioned with a visible frown already came on her face and it was not the prettiest expression to witness.

 

In her hands were old letters from the Crown Prince alright but it was all taped together. Apparently it was the tore up letters in the past that she never bothered reading beforehand. Tracing the rough texture underneath her fingers, Namjoon conveniently remained silent behind her as she decided to read one of them.

 

Good day, Jiyeon. How come Jungkook doesn’t reply to my letters anymore? Is he busy? Say Hi to him for me. Alright, I know I shouldn’t be sending you letters but I wanted to write that my hand itches a lot. You don’t have to worry much about me. I’m doing just fine. Also, Taehyung said Hi too. Oh my how did I even forget to write that one first? Anyway, I hope you have been coping well. I really wish I can be there with you; to assure you everything will be alright for everyone in the future; to pat your head to ease the tension; and also to have you in my arms because I like the feeling for a strange reason.

 

It was started with one letter before she took another, reading them one by one and by the end of the morning, she was sobbing by reading the last words came in through the letter. The paper fell out of her grasp when her head hung as she was to choke up to even utter a word. Written on the letter was the very reason why Namjoon thought it was a good idea not to throw them away. ‘We rarely meet eye to eye but I’m very sure of my feelings. I love you, Kim Jiyeon. Princess or not I’ll always fight and be there for you.