Crown Prince’s Birthday Celebration

Navillera's Border

It was a busy week over in Haesang palace as servants running within the ground searching, placing as well as decorations plastered, hung and displayed for an upcoming event in the near weekend. Among the swarm of busy servants was the Princess who had a bright smile on her face since the morning light seeped into her room, reminding her of the week’s annual event. It was not often to see the palace ground filled with the typical royal purple all over the place.

 

Her brother’s eighteenth birthday was coming and she was delighted to see much improvement being done as the day passed by. She wished she could help but that required her to pass her mother’s endless ranting on how the palace servants should be doing it as she sat at the garden like any other day, finishing the new book on more boring stuff. The soft sound of wind chimes entered her ears as she giddily skipped towards the entrance to the Lake Garden where apparently, none of the servants managed to tackle yet.

 

Walking to the very familiar figure by the lake, Jiyeon decided to stand a good two metres away before greeting the Crown Prince. “So, your birthday is coming. Anything you wanted from me?” She added on before plotting herself beside him. Myungsoo carefully landed the sphere made back onto the water as he turned to see his sister, getting a better view of her side profile.

 

She looked happy – perhaps too happy since it was not a ceremony held for her. Well, that was indeed his younger sister who easily got excited for the littlest thing he could think off. Nevertheless, the sparkle in her eyes was all he needed to know the fact there was indeed another factor of making her that delighted. “I don’t want anything actually but I do curious as why you’re so happy today. It’s just another birthday event. I’m supposed to be the happy one here.” He stated honestly as both of them walked to a bench by the flower bushes.

 

“Because I actually finished the book I was reading. Do you know how hard it was to finish two books in a week? Especially one is by force and one requires high imagination.” Jiyeon questioned after shrugging, only to see her brother imitating her last action. “I don’t read fictional books remember? So technically speaking, I don’t know how it feels like. Say… have you heard something from our parents about the Seonghwa?”

 

“What about them? Are they coming?” All of the sudden the sparkle in her eyes grew brighter almost literally with her palms connected out of consciousness. That made Myungsoo questioned her random change of tone in her statements. He asked her about the burst but she giggled sheepishly when she realised her action. “I just wonder maybe one of the Prince of Seonghwa will come to your birthday ceremony. Curiosity kills the cat they say, right?” She looked at Myungsoo with a playful tone in her lines and a light nudge on his side.

 

“The Princes will come but I’m pretty sure none of them will be as young as you I think. From the last time I met them, they are too old for you. Don’t get your hope up high now, Jiyeon. I don’t want to see you devastated on my birthday.” He said in the most serious tone he could muster. Seeing the Princess frowned upon believing his statements, he could not help but to laugh by her naïve thinking.

 

“I was joking, Jiyeon. Stop taking things seriously.” Myungsoo continued as he stood from his seat and walked out of the Lake Garden. That was the plan until Jiyeon called him, “So I can still find my Prince then?” She spoke cheekily and turned to look at the flowers in front of her with her signature dreamy smile.

 

“Are you being serious? You can never marry a Prince from Seonghwa. We are so different that it’s impossible to live forever with them.” Myungsoo suddenly said only to automatically have his hand on his mouth. “I don’t think you should know that.”

 

“What do you mean I can’t?” Jiyeon finally said with a lower tone and one bad thing about it was that it could make you get the chilly sensation in your spine. “I should get going. I still have to try my new clothes for the big day.” Instantly, the Crown Prince vanished into his brunette butterfly form, fleeing instead of answering his sister’s question.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” She thought. “Does that mean the dream I’ve been getting will not be true? I mean, it is just a dream after all. Why should I even set high hope with just a mere dream? Nature should stop playing with me.” She continued on and on and before she knew it, her mind dragged out of her fifteen year old body.

 


 

“Will you be fine staying at the palace, my dear? You can always go there in a horse carriage? I can find you a companion just so you can be there.” A motherly voice filled the spacious room of the young Crown Prince as he simply sat by the opened window, letting out a long sigh soon after. “What will they think of me if you and father go there by air while I go by land? That will make them curious of me even more. I’ll just stay here instead. There will be plenty of birthdays I can attend. Haesang’s Crown Prince’s birthday can go on without me anyway.”

 

“It’s not them I worry now, isn’t it? Who will accompany you here tomorrow then? I know that most servants will be having their day off and you’re only left with the palace guards.” Mrs Park mentioned as she landed her hand on her son’s shoulder, gaining his attention judging how he immediately turned after the warm gesture reached him. “Taehyung will be here.”

 

“But he-” Jimin almost had his eyes rolled out of annoyance but it was his mother talking senses to him after all which was why cutting off seemed like it was the only option. “He’s a servant in your eyes, mother. But not mine. He’s a friend. I’m sure he will stay in the palace accompanying me.”

 

“So that’s it? Are you sure will not regret it? I heard the ceremony is a big one. From what Jungkook said to me before anyway.” Taehyung finally gave out his saying upon hearing Jimin’s conversation with his mother hours later after the confrontation. “It’s just a Crown Prince’s 18th birthday. What’s so big about it anyway? Has Jungkook even witness the event himself if I can ask you that?” He asked with a tiring tone.

 

His eyes looked beyond Taehyung’s head, straight to the window he sat by whenever he needed some time alone. After he and his mother made a mutual agreement, his mother let him stay at the palace with a promise that he should not leave the palace. But knowing that Taehyung will be the one with him, of course the fellow would never let him stay in one place. As soon as he flew into his room, he already had a plan.

 

“I don’t know about that but I bet your 18th birthday will be twice as tremendous as his. So, are you sure you want to go out again during the time your parents heading over to Haesang? I do have a destination in mind.” Taehyung stated and told Jimin his recent finding. Apparently, it was so interesting that the young Crown Prince was not able to have his eyes shut for the night.

 

That might be the reason why when he indeed got his sleep; his fellow friend’s silvery purple wings could be seen flying in his room before returning back to his human form, shaking his head. He had his body fully covered with an expensive-looking quilt and light snore came from him. Rolling his eyes, Taehyung walked nearer to the bed and harshly pulled the blanket off.

 

When he managed to open the semi-closed drapes on the window, he spun on his heels only to see the Prince was trying to find his missing blanket with his eyes closed. It took a moment for him to realise that his friend already invaded his room, like always. Jimin lifted his body off the bed as he rubbed his eyes, hoping to get rid the last bit of drowsiness out of his body.

 

“You’re early.” Jimin shortly stated once he could see Taehyung’s figure right in front of him. “I’m not. But your parents are about leave if you’re wondering.” He said and gestured the door using his head. With now-wide eyes, Jimin left the bed instantly before rushing towards the palace’s yard in his sleeping clothes. That caused the leaving servants to slightly chuckle at his fancy morning attire.

 

“What would we do without you, Taehyung?” Jimin’s father spoke jokingly, making the mentioned lad joining in the servants’ laughing spree. No, it was not rude as thankfully enough the royal Park family was a warm bunch of royalties that did not mind the random outburst. Seeing the Crown Prince’s bed-hair was something worth laughing and giggling about.

 

“Remember that I want both of you to remain within the palace ground. Don’t you think of running out and I hope there no any form of chaos when we come back from the Haesang palace.” The mother strictly reminded for one last time before they left in their butterfly forms. “Send my regards to them, okay?” Jimin shouted as he waved at his parents who already fly out of his sight.

 


 

The Haesang and Seonghwa alike piled into the palace ground of the water side of Navillera and it seemed that the number was increasing as the Crown Prince of Haesang thought it would be nice to see more of the peoples’ faces rather than just the royals since he was bound to stumble upon one or two of the other Princes and Princesses as they lived within the same ground. The only things separated them was the quarters and each family has their own quarters.

 

Looking from above was Jiyeon in her butterfly form, perching on one of the high-wall drape. Having one of the most typical shades of brown in Navillera as wings has its own perk as none did not seem to see her camouflaging to have a better view of the current room which was the ballroom, adjacent to the dining hall. As she expected, there were quite a number of new faces walking about the area and some she already knew like her close friends and other Princes from the other quarters.

 

After a couple of minutes more surveying, she saw her mother entering the room and it was her cue to leave so she could return back to her human form. She walked into the ballroom once again, plastering a forced smile as she greeted the people that managed to come to her brother’s birthday celebration. The Crown Prince was busying himself at the corner of the room, talking to unknown faces which she assumed would be the royals from Seonghwa since her parents were there as well.

 

Advancing towards them, she made a quick stop when she noticed a girl entering the room with a male companion on her side. Of course Jiyeon knew the girl and the boy since they often passed by the palace gate once in a while to deliver the freshest produce if their parents were not able to do so. It was interesting to see them clad in the formal traditional outfits instead of their casuals. Bantering, that was the first thing she saw when she got closer to them.

 

It was only then she felt it, a genuine smile coming on her face as she decided to greet them. “You two come together? I guess I got used to seeing you separately that I need to grow accustom of seeing this.” Jiyeon chirped happily as she playfully nudged the girl on her side, which had a very shock expression. “Lady Jiyeon, you are here?” The girl stated weirdly, earning a light jab on her other side by the male.

 

“Of course her highness is here. It’s her palace. Grow up, Yein.”

 

“You’re not helping, Jungkook. Anyway, it is a nice birthday celebration. The food is absolutely great that Jungkook had to add more and more on his plate.” Yein voiced jokingly and Jiyeon chuckled when she saw him glaring at her before rolling his eyes. “It did come from the best of the best. I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far.”

 

The three of them gathered together at the corner as they chatted away and Jiyeon was somewhat disappointed once she realised she witness no Prince from Seonghwa walking through the door of the ballroom. Maybe she missed them coming in? Well firstly, she would know one whenever she saw a fire symbol on any piece of their clothing so to miss it was strange to her. Secondly, why was she disappointed anyway?

 

“I wish my friends from Seonghwa can come here. I haven’t seen them for weeks now.” Jungkook suddenly confessed, making Jiyeon’s train of thoughts halted within seconds. The word Seonghwa was what caught her attention the most. “You’ve been there? How is the air there?” She immediately questioned.

 

“It was great. I went there for three months for the first time and the people; let’s just say they had a unique way of leaving an impression even the Crown Prince.”

 

“How come the Crown Prince of Seonghwa is not here though? I really want to see him. You said he was of our age right? So he’s supposedly younger than our Crown Prince. Am I right, Lady Jiyeon?” Yein asked curiously which only got a shrug for an answer as she never knew anything about the Crown Prince of the other part of Navillera.

 

‘I wish I get to meet him today too. Maybe he had better things to settle in Seonghwa? Well, I hope that’s the case. He’s so mysterious… and I like the sound that.’ Jiyeon silently thought as another bright smile appeared on her face.

Author's note:

Hello there my dear readers! I'm sorry for the slow update. I can assure you readers that I have plenty of ideas on Navillera Border. I usually have my stories 'pre-made' for a couple of chapters so that even if I don't write I will have things to post. That's doesn't seem the plan so yeah...  Anyway, thanks for reading and enjoying it so far! Here's our oh-so-handsome and squishy Crown Prince for everyone!