About Time

Navillera's Border

“It’s fifth time this week. Is he seriously doing this to us now?” The voice owned by a twenty two year old Seonghwa Prince was heard across the throne room where most of the other princes had managed to gather to witness the accustomed weather for the past six days. It had been pouring heavily, heavier that afternoon but that did not stop them from holding a sudden meeting with the King. Turning his eyes of the glass window, Yoongi found himself a spot by the Crown Prince who had his worried aura radiating from him.

 

“Last two years, we faced shortage of water. Now we are having too much of them that we had to move to higher grounds. The village centre is no longer able to function as we speak.” Changsub reported based off his observation from a short fly over at the mentioned location along with the other princes. “What should we do?” That was the question played in each and everyone’s mind.

 

Yes, as spoken by Prince Changsub, two years already flew by Navillera and it was two years full of challenges and unnecessary obstacles. It was uncountable at one point even the King and Crown Prince themselves had to seek for extra hands to tackle the problem down. Speaking of the Crown Prince, logically he is twenty of age if one was to count a brand new year as an additional one year to their current age. However, he considered himself to still be nineteen since his birthday is far in the autumn.

 

“Most of the woods are too damp to light up at this point. Our people might die of cold and it’s only early spring.” Another prince stated with a hint of concern as his eyes landed on the window once again.

 

Spring – the season of hope where one should be excited to see flowers blossoming off the ground, birds chirping away after leaving its nest and Crown Prince never thought of staying indoors that day in particular because he knew over in Haesang, it was someone’s birthday who was worth celebrating. She deserved all the happiness in the world but there he was reminiscing of their first encounter on the most unintentional moment. Letting out a deep sigh, his head bobbed curtly.

 

“I still can believe this day is coming. Not this early.” Jimin finally spoken rather softly but most of the people surrounding him heard him clearly. It felt as if yesterday he exchanged letters regarding the matter with Jiyeon and Jungkook: the topic of the prophecy and the incident which bound to happen on their once harmony island. He felt a hand landed on his shoulder before the person squeeze it gently. From the gesture, he knew the owner without even making a glance.

 

Also it was friendly to note that he had not been getting strange dreams for years now yet he could still recall it freshly in his mind. It scared him a lot that it might eventually happen for real. What made him even more frightened was the fact there will be more reasons behind Myungsoo’s doing. He had a bad feeling about it ever since the day Jiyeon’s final letter arrived in his hand, telling him not only to not reply to any of her letters but also her brother’s intention was no longer a one thing. Revenge was not the only thing he was seeking.

 

The endless chatter in the throne room sliced off that even a pin dropped on the floor could be heard when the recognisable Seonghwa Queen calmly trudged through the swarm of princes, advancing towards her husband not without tugging her son along the way. Jimin had no idea what the mother was trying to do. Nonetheless, his curiosity was answered when the female suddenly tucked the two males into a tight hug. Their eyes widened as well as the others in the room. Her motherly instinct must be tingling strong in her heart. He could feel it.

 


 

Meanwhile over in Haesang, the Princess opted to lock herself in the room for the whole day. Everyone, her princess friends, servants, Hoseok and even Jungkook tried to convince her to at least show her face. The last trier sighed deeply before leaning his back against the wooden door and automatically slid down to sit on the cold carpeted floor. He glanced downwards where he could see very clear of his outfit. The same outfit had been forced to wear for the last two years.

 

Jungkook had it hard, those two years were full of suffer on his side, not only physically but mentally. At the moment he managed to scoff at the sodalite blue fabric wrapping his upper body, paired with a black pants. On the corner of the clothes, there was the royal Haesang emblem neatly sewn by the local tailors. He wanted to quit but the only reason he remained was he simply could not leave his friend alone in the palace especially when she put up such a fight with her own brother while she could. Also he had his family and close acquaintance’s life hanging on thin thread which frankly did not apply only to him.

 

Everyone which was recruited and trained by the Haesang royal for the uncalled war were not able to leave the palace right after the so-called personal training between Jungkook and Myungsoo happened. The eighteen year old barely able to walk properly to the training ground yet he mustered all power to do so since having the people taking his family was not what he wanted.

 

Jungkook tiredly knocked on the door for one last time. He was instructed to be there until he managed to get the Princess to leave the room. He moaned in agony when he suddenly felt a slight sting on the back of his head as the door opened and his eyes met with the one everyone had been trying to get to. “Come in before I change my mind.” Jiyeon spoke soullessly and the male could feel that most of her positive vibe was already gone as a result of two painful years. Immediately pushing the door once he entered, she found herself staring at the window where the tree that was standing by the window had long gone.

 

“I heard you haven’t been eating lately. So I sneak in bread for you.” Jungkook said softly as he handed the food over at her direction which she pushed away without even looking. “I don’t have the appetite to eat and I will never be. Not until the end of war.” The princess firmly replied. It was confirmed judging on Jungkook’s hideous attire and the familiar magical swords coming in to the palace. What else was out there? She had no clue and she preferred not wanting to know further. She was exhausted.

 

“Do you think it’s too late to stop everything, Jungkook? Do you think Jimin and the Seonghwa are ready for this?” Jiyeon uttered as she eyed the outside world with concern. Her heartache each and every time she thought about it. The fact she had no idea of the other Crown Prince’s well-being made her even more worried. “Rest assure that the Seonghwa team will have an extra hand and that will be me.” He mentioned in assurance which came in rather unexpected to the princess. She turned to look at him straight in the eyes.

 

“You’re really going to turn against your own kind?”

 

“I might be a Haesang fighting the Seonghwa but we are Navillera, Jiyeon. I’m very sure whose side I’ll be taking. Even if I have to go against your brother’s will. I know you will do the same if you’re in my shoes…and these ugly clothes.” The former farmer voiced in his upmost genuine tone which did not come as often now and then. Forming a small smile on her face, she nodded curtly. “Of course, I would’ve done the same, Jungkook.”

 

“Now that’s the spirit. Alright, eat up. It’s your twentieth birthday. I bet even Jimin wants you to be at least have a tiny smile on your face.” At the mention of the Seonghwa Crown Prince’s name, her heart began to increase its pace, making her felt a bit livelier. She missed him. Those years of not meeting face-to-face was multiplying the number of time of how much she wanted to see him.

 


 

It was only matter of time in Jimin’s opinion to hear the right cue. Though the rain had stopped for three days, it had taken a great toll on the Seonghwa people back at the housing area and the village centre. Seokjin as the village head had come by the palace to inform him of the latest news on his people well-being before he walked off to meet his father to deliver them.

 

The King sighed in slight defeat as he rubbed his temple to ease the ache and trouble that managed to twist the ruler’s brain. For the most part of his days, he never faced such troubles. Sure, there was a fight between Seonghwa and Haesang he had to handle however it was not at one point the other decided to throw in a war. There he was in the throne room with his son by his side with the same expression of puzzlement and concern.

 

“So as the village head stated, our villagers managed to come back down from the higher grounds and claimed their houses again. Unfortunately, most of the farms are too damp to start farming on-” Jimin focused on the explanation regarding whatever he could gain from Seokjin hours ago but he was suddenly cut off when the father and son turned their heads over at the massive double door where a recognizable purple headed servant pushed open the door with a loud thud.

 

Taehyung did not say much other than sneaking in a short bow to both of the men and proceeded to talk with the Crown Prince. Jimin took note of his friend’s heavy breathing, a strong sign that he literally ran from wherever he was on feet instead of flying because apparently while in one’s butterfly form, one is not able to bring anything. For example, the kitchen worker would have a difficult time to deliver a familiar piece of envelope.

 

The Seonghwa’s Crown Prince’s eyes widened in surprise, very surprised indeed. He turned his attention on his father’s confused expression as he did not understand the significant behind it unlike the son. “I ran all around the palace trying to find you.” Taehyung stated as he passed the brown paper to the prince.

 

Jimin had no hesitation in tearing the letter in front of the two though his heart raced due to nervous suddenly kicking in his system. He could feel his chest constricted from lack of oxygen which might cause his brain to function slower than usual. That explained why he was not able to utter any words as he was skimming through the written letter. Words by words were digested but to be honest, there was not much to read until towards the bottom of the paper. Written in bold, thicken with the usage of exaggerate black ink, he read aloud.

 

Meet us in three days at the Navillera Forest. We’ll be waiting.

 

He did not have to learn much of who the sender might be but he knew it would be coming from the other land where apparently the day had finally arrived. Three days, they had three days to prepare. Unfortunately, seeing at the date conveniently written on the corner of the letter, it was sooner than later. The King, Jimin and Taehyung had no idea of what to do as their feet seemed to be stuck on the floor, unable to move. When the Crown Prince mentioned soon, it literally meant tomorrow – at crack of dawn.

 

“I’m coming with you guys.” Taehyung bravely shouted by the Crown Prince’s side as they marched down the hallway. Jimin who was busying himself calling for all the Princes, guards and other random volunteers who willed to help the Seonghwa royals to fight immediately glanced at his friend’s face. “What? That’s a no, Tae. You will have to stay here. The palace needs all the help in the kitchen to cook and prepare for any possibilities. It might be taking place in the forest but still-”

 

“But still I can’t let you go without me being a part of it. Hate to say this but I promised we shall be together in whatever is happening to us. Besides, it’s supposedly my step brother you’re fighting.” Taehyung informed urgently as he saw a flash of apple green wings stopped in front of them before returning back on his full human form. “Please tell me this is not your stupid drill again, Jimin. I literally just had to send Jiae back across the ground because of you.”

 

“Little one is right, Yoongi.”

 

There was a sound of people panicking all covering the whole palace since Jimin just had to scream loudly to announce the news. As spoken, he cleverly had planned on what to do if the day indeed comes which was why though they were freaking out, the servants and everyone else seemed to know what to do. Closing the windows and doors, increased the number of torches out by the perimeter walls and also sending out the news to the village centre where Seokjin should knew the next safety procedure.

 

“Tae, you can’t fight.” Jimin spoke the truth with a hint of worry because from what he recalled, he never saw his friend’s figure as a part of the training troops so there was no way he could stand long on the battle field. Instructing and leading the chaotic situation at ease, the Crown Prince heard someone backing up the purple haired fellow. “No worries, Crown Prince Jimin. I got that covered. This kid can be very persuasive and hard to train personally.” Changsub mentioned before patting Taehyung on the back and walked off to join in the others.

 

Most of the princes and warriors as what Jimin would call them already gathered at the training, opened field. Standing in the midst of populated ground, he let out a long sigh as his eyes wandered around the field. The same field where the incident leading to war had once happened. He glanced over to the front row. His close friend, cousin and the strongest among other princes had already looking up at his position. From the gaze given by them, Jimin could not help but to spin on his heels, faced the back and closed his eyes.

 

The Seonghwa’s Crown Prince began to gather back his bits of confidence with hope he could muster up all the energy he could to deliver the people behind him a mind-blowing speech to lift their spirits up. Nevertheless, he just could not seem to be able to do so until he heard Yoongi softly called his name as he already stood by his side with Taehyung. “Just so you know; we are all behind you, literally or not including Jungkook and…Jiyeon.”

 

That one name sounded easy to roll of the prince’s mouth which only made his heart felt even more burdened that it should have been. Needless to say, it might be just the name he wanted to be constantly reminded off as he stepped on the forest floor. He would fight alright – for the sake of Seonghwa, Haesang and mainly Navillera.