Begin

Navillera's Border

“Well to be honest, it could be worse.” One of the royal healers stated after tending the bruises that managed to inflict on the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince’s arms and legs. He would moan in pain from time to time but it was not as bad as the friend by his side who appear to remain silent for the past few hours.

 

A brand new day already came for Navillera to move on with their lives. Yesterday’s event had yet to disappear from their minds though as it was the worst thing he had ever experience in his life within the palace ground. As much as he wanted to make an attempt to forget, he simply could not since he might erase the warm feeling from his mind. He surely did not want the feeling to go, not yet.

 

Glancing to the other side of the healer’s room, Jimin was able to make an eye contact with the purpled hair one. The fellow’s hair was black by the tips where the burned part on his wings reflected on his head once turning back into his human form. Other than that, there was a white piece of cloth wrapped tight and neatly around his arm, closing the wound from the tearing. The Crown Prince had to admit, it was not a beautiful sight to see his friend sulking and frown while they were situated in one room.

 

Once everything was settled, they walked out together with an awkward silence following them, apparently not wanting to leave them alone any time soon. But of course, Jimin could not handle it which was why he decided to stop and turned to look at Taehyung. “Be sure to get well soon, Tae.” He suddenly uttered. It was not the set of sentences planned in his mind nevertheless. At least it was other than staying quiet. “Get well soon to you too, Crown Prince Jimin.” The friend simply replied before hastily brushed by Jimin’s side without any second glance.

 

He knew he meant to be polite when Taehyung used formal honorific but his friend never applied it on him during the days where they actually had a decent conversation. Sighing, Jimin shrugged the troubles away as he made his way down the hallway to the Princes’ meeting room. They might be waiting for him there as he sped his steps with his arm cradling the other, trying not to result any unnecessary pain.

 

When the Crown Prince entered the room, all eyes were on him as they instantly stopped whatever conversation they exchanged beforehand. Walking over to his seat right at the end of the table, he could feel eyes were on him before he let out a long shaky exhale and turned his attention on the Princes around the room. It was actually a must to meet up after any jousting event, to evaluate and think of ways to improve events in the future and of course he knew where the meeting would go to.

 

“Where shall we start?” Jimin began slowly as to be frank; he had no idea where to literally start. There were so many to cover and to choose from. Thankfully, Yoongi got the hint immediately once he saw the uncomfortable expression plastered on the young Crown Prince’s face. “How about we just cut things to the chase and discuss about the incident? As much as I don’t want to talk about it, I hate hearing gossips around the palace regarding my precious cousin.” He defended before standing up from his seat and walked over to Jimin who remained silent the whole time.

 

Being one of the oldest Princes in Seonghwa, a certain figure in dark brown hair with a bit of orange at the tip rose from his chair to do his talk. “As what I gained from the King this early morning, sadly to say the Queen of Haesang indeed had passed from the impact. They will hold the after-burial ritual as soon as the body rests peacefully and be one with nature. I may not know as much as our respected Crown Prince Jimin but I heard that the Crown Prince Myungsoo is definitely up to no good the past few hours.”

 

“I believe it is necessary to increase the number of defence all around the palace, in and out of the ground. Also it is the best to start building some sort of fence around the village centre to ensure the safety of our people.” A Prince namely Lee Changsub from the Western side quarters of the Seonghwa palace suggested in a professional manner, earning a nod by everyone including the Crown Prince himself. Though brilliant, it made him questioned, what did happen over at the village area to such extend the idea of building a row of defence popped in his brain?

 

Jimin did not say much other than saying that he would sure tell his father regarding the idea once he heard more and more explanation from the Princes. Apparently, only the incidence and the outcome were the talk of the meeting that day rather than discussing the jousting itself. Technically speaking, they should be throwing a celebratory ceremony since they did win the, quote, friendly tournament between two lands.

 


 

One would often realised how fast the days passed by over in Navillera as three days flew by. It might be only three days but a lot had happened in Seonghwa. First, Jimin could only stare at the palace entrance where a lot of the villagers standing, crowding the area with loud pleas. Because for the most obvious reason, the Seonghwa who found homes in Haesang were chased out in a massive amount, leading them to have no shelter to call it homes. Upon solving that out, another trouble rose as what the Crown Prince learned from his father one day ago. After the sudden exodus, quite a number of supplies coming from the land of water decided to cut the ties. This had caused the Seonghwa to experience in a steady decrease of raw ingredients. They would have them coming from Haesang as they had more fertile lands than theirs.

 

Sighing deeply at the once to be the jousting ground, Jimin shook his head tiredly as he finally had a place to rest over all the drama floating around. Summer had come greeting them so the weather was not actually his close relative’s favourite condition to be in but seeing that the younger one in need of his wishful thinking, Yoongi thought by abandoning his hobby for the fellow would ease the fellow’s crowded mind.

 

They were conversing casually while waiting for whatever Yoongi asked for over at the kitchen. The topics were rather simple and expected: the joust, Jimin’s condition and the fate of the Seonghwa. As they were deep into their talk however, someone cut them off by faking a cough, well they assumed it fake but actually the particular servant was still recovering from his injury.

 

“These are your drinks, your highnesses.” Taehyung politely spoke causing an uncomfortable stir in Jimin’s body once he heard him talking in such way. Yoongi would purposely glance over at the two over his small sip of green tea. Since the kitchen worker had no intention of leaving, the Crown Prince questioned about it before his cousin chuckled a reply. “For someone who wants to fix their at-the-verge-of-breaking friendship, you don’t seem so thankful to have him staying here. I called him for a reason.” He easily stated.

 

“Well actually, I never agreed to this but Yoongi can be very persuasive that it makes me wonder why he’s not your personal advisor by now.” Taehyung said with a small smile began to appear on his lips. “Anyway, I have no intention of staying that long since I have to head over to the kitchen soon but here, Sujeong passed me this. Apparently she was looking for you since yesterday but you were nowhere to be found.” He added on as he passed a brown envelope which was a surprise as he never got any before.

 

“What are you waiting for, open it, Jimin.” The Prince told him and Jimin nodded his head. Opening the end in one swift tear, Jimin took a quick look over at his two friends as he wanted them to be ready of whatever the letter might contain. The letter nevertheless gave out a very familiar vibe and scent. Having the advantage of skimming the letter first, Jimin stayed silent, making the other two people around him to snap his attention off the paper. “Who is it from?” Yoongi asked shortly as he gestured at the written paper with his head.

 

“It’s from Jungkook…and Jiyeon.”

 

“Read them aloud then. I want to hear them too.” Taehyung was the one saying it and immediately got a positive reaction from Yoongi, agreeing with him. Hesitantly raised the paper higher for only him to read, Jimin decided to start with Jungkook’s since the farmer boy had more things to say than the Princess.

 

Truth to told, I have no idea if this letter will even make it to Seonghwa but it doesn’t hurt to try, right? Anyway, it’s me, Jeon Jungkook and I sure hope you’re reading this with Taehyung or anyone you fully trusted only. So let me begin.

 

First thing first, I heard about the incident of what happen on the jousting event. Rest assure that I believe in you with all my trust as I know it happened by mistake. But by having only me and assumingly Jiyeon on your side at this time, my guess the situation over in Haesang is getting a lot worse by the time this letter arrive in your hands.

 

Our Crown Prince, Kim Myungsoo, the one you faced the other day for the joust is going crazy from my latest meeting with Jiyeon after delivering stuff like always. Apparently, he is gathering the Princes more often and seeking out for more power beyond the palace walls. Training will be given to those who will be on his side. I don’t know if I’ll be chosen but I have a good feeling I might be since Yein heard my name spoken at the marketplace.

 

Jiyeon and I had talked about this and we can’t help but to say that the prophecy is becoming more real these days. I don’t want to say much about it but I think Jiyeon will have more things to explain since she’s the Princess after all.

 

Stopping abruptly at the final line of Jungkook’s letter, Jimin’s heart increased its pace as it made him more aware of the possibility. Taehyung and Yoongi who had been the listeners had their chin hung, shocked by the new information and never realised how messed up the outcome less than one day of event. But it was a huge deal at hand so it actually made sense to them at least a little. Shaking his head curtly to reduce the tension, Jimin’s fingers caught another piece of letter in the envelope before opening them to read.

 

To the Crown Prince of Seonghwa, Park Jimin, I surely hope you read Jungkook’s letter first than mine. We decided to write to you after our last meeting so I’ll tell you my part.

 

My brother somehow managed to tell our father to chase the Seonghwa that lives in Haesang out and brings the ones at your part back to ours. It was chaotic and I hate seeing the helpless faces but I can’t do anything to intervene. He doesn’t even talk to me anymore and as for my father, he is doing terrible coping at my late mother’s passing. Because of that he seems to pass most of his power over at Myungsoo. At this rate, I have a bad feeling things will go wrong in the future, our future, Jimin.

 

He’s been getting Master Seo to train a lot of the Haesang nowadays and it scares me. Also I think Myungsoo might be getting better at his element that he begins to discover stronger ways to use them. The only thing I hope you will do by the time you read this is to train twice as hard for any unwanted ‘event’. I just want you and the people of Seonghwa to be safe.

 

Also, if you can, please do reply to our letters so we can still remain in contact for the sake of Navillera’s future up ahead. And again be safe. Don’t put all the blame on yourself because I know you might even while reading this. Note that Jungkook and I will do anything here in Haesang to prevent any danger lands on your side and hope you’ll do same.

 

“From Kim Jiyeon, Princess of Haesang.” Jimin ended before folding the paper and neatly place them back into the envelope. The three of them were blanketed with total silence other than the unsuitable ambience of chirpy evening. Biting his lips nervously, Yoongi’s mind was simply blown away by the fact they just gained by the two most trusted Haesang. “This is too much to register.” He frankly spoke as he stood up from his seat.

 

“You should tell the King…or your father. Either one should know.” Taehyung stated weirdly earning him an unbelievable glare from the two Princes. Shrugging, he asked a short what. “As much as I want to scream at you for being an idiot, I don’t have the heart to do so since my friend is indeed back.” Jimin replied with a smile managed to appear on his face before turning his gaze over to the oldest one among them, giving him a nod of thanks.

 

“But you will reply to their letters, right? Just make sure it’s subtle because I don’t want to hear any cheesy remarks when the letters come back in your hand.” Yoongi mentioned in a joking manner but Jimin knew better not to do any funny business at the moment. Not when he knew the future of Navillera laid in the hands of what he should recall as the Chosen Ones.