Navillera’s Seonghwa

Navillera's Border

The sun rose up from the Earth, casting its light for the land on the Navillera Isle once again. Mother birds were seen flying off, trying to find anything to feed their little ones. The villagers opened the door of their shops while the sound of the wave of the sea splashing was heard by the shore. The wind was simply calming, providing energy for the windmills at the farm. Smiles were present on the villagers’ faces as each of them greeted. All in all, it was as if there was no form of threat harbouring in Navillera.

 

As the day passed by, things got slower as most of the people’s daily activities were almost coming to an end. Besides the motherly figures walking around the marketplace, there were one curious looking shadow lurking around and the owner seemed to be hiding behind a tall pole located at the centre of the crowded market. Joining the latter was yet another male seemingly of his age looking terrified.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea. Knowing I left the castle is a bad idea enough.” The terrified looking one voiced his concern. His eyes wondered around, scanning the decreasing number of crowd and instinctively adjusted the hood on his head to prevent the people from noticing his existence. Well, that would help if his friend decided not to cause any unwanted scene. It was the main reason they were out in the first place.

 

“Watch and learn little one. The fun has yet to come. See that fella over there?” The brave friend said as he pointed to one of a male passer-by. The pointed one looked younger than the two and the very reason he was chosen was simply because his mind did not seem to be with him as he busying himself selling off apples and other fruits on his stand. The brave one added, “He’s not a stranger to me anyway. We are practically friends.”

 

“But still… he looks innocent. This is a bad idea, Tae.” Hearing a sigh and a quick roll of the eyes, the brave one or Kim Taehyung simply brushed off the repetitive statement. “Look, you said you’re bored at the palace and here I am being a good friend by taking you out. It is not as often you get to be out. Enjoy while you can, Park Jimin.”

 

Jimin’s shoulders immediately slumped when he knew he could not back out from Taehyung’s plan as what he said were mostly true. Folding his arms across his torso, he waved his friend away to proceed with their so-called plan. “Be quick. My mother will be furious if she knew my actual where-about.” Taehyung was about to reply but Jimin managed to cut him as he pointed his right index finger towards the lad. “And don’t call me little no more. That’s not nice.”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes once more. Still eyeing at the poor boy’s action by the stand, Taehyung made a quick eye contact with Jimin before getting on his transformation stance. Yes, transformation. There was a spark of silvery-purple coloured light in front of Jimin’s eyes and stood (float actually) before him was a winged insect of the same colour emitted by Taehyung.

 

“That never ceases to amaze me.” Jimin whispered with a smile as his friend’s butterfly form circled around him. After two rounds, the butterfly finally flew over towards the fruit stand. From afar, Jimin had his eyes squinted just so he could keep his eyes on Taehyung who already found its place on the red canvas roof which was a bad choice of colour. It took seconds for Jimin to grasp what was going to happen until…

 

The boy had his head placed on his arms on the empty table out of boredom since he had no villagers wanting to buy any of his fruits for the day. However, his ear twitched when he heard a soft crackling on the top of his head. Looking upwards, there he saw a ring of fire already punctured the roof. It took him a moment only to see a particular purple wings landing on the tip of his nose.

 

“Kim Taehyung! Seriously, again? Don’t you have anything better to do?! That is the fourth time you burn it!” The boy screamed as he immediately ran out of the stand. Jimin was about to step out of his hiding when he suddenly saw the boy managed to blast water out of his hand. “Ah, that’s why Tae had no worry pranking him.” He thought and joined once the boy sat on the ground.

 

Taehyung shifted back to his human form and cracked a huge laughter. Whilst holding on his stomach with his eyes closed, he suddenly being hit by a massive force of water, throwing him metres away. Trying to recover, the younger one smirked before seeing someone offering a hand, pulling him off the ground.

 

“That’s a good water blasting if I say so myself.” Jimin complimented and heard the young one simply shrugged. “It’s the basic. Say, I never had seen you around. Well, I say that, I barely see people of our age out at the market at this time besides Taehyung and it’s not even for a good reason. If there’s a way to lock that power of his would be nice.” Jimin laughed good-naturedly and saw his friend walked over to them once he recovered from the sudden attack.

 

“Maybe you should’ve used some sort of fire proof roof to prevent it from happening again, Jungkook.” The young lad, Jeon Jungkook glared at the older one, referring that was no such thing. Thank goodness he harnessed water if not it would be hectic to keep the stand from constantly being burned by him. “So you’re Jungkook that Taehyung constantly spoke of. I’m Park Jimin.” He took his hand for a quick shake.

 

“There’s no need formal introduction actually… Crown Prince.” Jungkook purposely whispered the last two words. “Not so loud now. People will know.” Jimin panicked and spun around only to notice there was barely anyone in their area. Noticing the emptiness, he added on the reason why Jungkook did not seem to be having any customers.

 

“It’s almost closing time actually. I’ll be heading back to Haesang later.” He stated as matter-of-factly before walking back to his stand with the two other boys tailing behind him. “You’re heading back? You’re not staying here?” Jimin questioned out of curiosity.

 

Of course seeing a boy possessing the water element in that part of land was surprising enough but there were quite a number of people like him around Seonghwa. It was literally labelled the fire part of the island after all. Alright, I guess it is time for a quick introduction of Navillera.

 

There were indeed reasons on why Navillera was separated into two which were Seonghwa, the fire and Haesang, the water. Nevertheless, it was believed to be a war, years ago between the two elements that created the division and fortunately it was all in the past. They had no idea how their ancestors did it but somehow they could achieve such harmony up to this day. It was to an extent that both could come and go to the other lands for trading and creating positive bonds between two elements. Just like Taehyung and Jungkook’s friendship for instance.

 

“My family and I have been here for the past few months. We think that it is the best to head back. Someone needs to watch over the crops there and it will be another harvesting season soon. So yeah, this is not the last time I’ll be here anyway.” Jungkook explained as he simultaneously gathered the last few apples into the crates. After one last push, he just left the still-open crate on the side of the stand. Jimin who had no idea of Jungkook’s intention questioned. “You’re not taking that one home?”

 

“We always left it here. There will be people taking them anyway. So why bother.” Taehyung nodded though he actually knew why. The Jeon’s were known for their kindness by giving off unsought fruits to random people that might lurk during the night and for another reason as well.

 

“It’s nice meeting you in person Jimin. See you later Tae.” Jungkook stated as he shifted into a bronze winged butterfly. “Have a careful fly!” Jimin said as he happily waved at the male who responded with one circular flying motion before leaving for good. Taehyung also copied his friend’s action and patted the male’s back, signalling that it was time for them to leave as well. It was a perfect timing too as the sun would set in a couple of hours. Stepping away from the stand, they walked towards the palace ground.

 

Their walk back to the palace ground was thankfully not awkward one as Taehyung would always have a topic to speak about. Jokes would naturally roll off his tongue and it was what kept them together after so long. They might be off different level but to the smaller one, they were not that different. Both were fifteen of age and born with the same element. Taehyung is the playful one, the ever-so mischievous servant who swore to be by his good friend’s side no matter what. The title might sounded bad but it was not since Jimin treated him well and all. He was the only friend he had.

 

On the strangest occasion, Taehyung would sneak up through his window in his butterfly form just so he could wake him up as Jimin had often lock the door, preventing any other servant to get him off the bed. It was the first time he had stepped out of the palace ground after so long. The last time was before a small fight between the two parts of Navillera occurred. Maybe that was the reason the Crown Prince was not allowed to be out. In addition to that, why were they even walking back to the palace?

 

“So, did you get that dream again?” Taehyung suddenly questioned in the middle of a very calm conversation. That made Jimin stopped with his signature blank expression but it was only for mere seconds before he frowned. He heard him sighed and it was worrying as per usual. As he was about to continue walking, Taehyung halted him by blocking his path using his whole body.

 

Park Jimin, the Crown Prince had been getting same dream over the past few weeks, almost a month exactly. If their kind were to hear of this dream, they said it was a normal dream. He flew in his dreams just like any teenagers on the island. However, what made it different was that he woke up feeling sad just because unlike any other fifteen year olds, he simply view the feeling of flight.

 

“Maybe I can never fly, Tae.” Jimin said in the lowest volume possible. “Maybe it is a fate of mine to be the only one that can never fly like you guys. Like you, Tae.”

 

“Don’t say that. You know that will never happen. You can… maybe the timing.”

 

“Others get to shift into butterflies at twelve or thirteen the latest. You got yours when you were eleven. How about me, Tae? I’m fifteen and you know what? I don’t want to talk about this anymore.”

 

“Hey, at least you can master the fire power. I mean, look, you can blast off fire stronger than me the last time we practiced together. You almost burned the tree down with a single fire ball. Isn’t that something?” Taehyung tried to cheer him up with whatever facts reached his brain but the male still had his head hung low. Seeing that he seriously did not want to talk, Taehyung tugged his friend by the arm and continued to walk.

 

“If only I can be a butterfly, we wouldn’t have to walk wherever we go, right?” He did not want to respond an agreement but Taehyung nodded curtly. “And you will have a cool new hair colour as well? You might get a very, super bright coloured one and not this painted coloured one.” He pointed out good-naturedly as he brushed his own hair. He remembered how insecure he was having purple but there were silver highlights. Somewhere along the line he learned to accept it.

 

“At least it is not a greenish like Yoongi’s. I almost blast him with fire thinking that he was one of those apples back at Jungkook’s fruit stand.” Jimin laughed off remembering the incident. That poor cousin of him nearly had his head bald. Fortunately, unlike his passive attitude, Min Yoongi was quick at thinking and gifted with high sense of hearing, he was able to dodge it on time. It was also that gift made him having a good sense of music.

 

“Now that’s the Park Jimin I know. Come on, we cannot fly but we can always run, little one. The sun is setting.” The purple hair one chirped before running ahead without any warning, making the black hair one yelled, “That’s not fair! You get a head start to everything!” And he sprinted, trying his best to catch up.