In the Name of Navillera

Navillera's Border

As soon as the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince dodged the surprising incoming attack, it was the official start of the jousting. Unlike the previous years’, this one was definitely not a friendly joust. All of the blood, sweat and tears coming out from their body throughout the endless trainings were put up to an intense fight. Running off to grab his trusted sword from his white horse which was about to imitate his owner’s action, Jimin took note of his current surroundings.

 

Loud screeching and screaming were heard all around the battle ground. It was supposed to be a fair fight to start off but of course Myungsoo just had to do it the dirty way. His steps were fast enough that by the time Jimin managed to get himself his shield and sword, the Haesang’s Crown Prince was already shooting off water with a fancy movement to trigger his magical sword.

 

Two years were apparently all he needed to regain back his status as the Prince who mastered the fire element. Not only that, he was claimed to be the best one-to-one fight without even using his power. That was one of the most important thing he learnt from his last joust with the Crown Prince. Mind solely focused to strike the other, Jimin blocked the expected attack as he swung his steel shield to his front. He groaned, somewhat marvelled at his own surge of energy.

 

On the other side of the visually seen as the battle field, Taehyung was off swinging his own blade with his back closely attached to Yoongi’s who had an expression and dagger-like glare radiating from him. They took down one by one of the Haesang’s members as they protected one another. Never in his life had he thought he would be fighting alongside the prince in his life. The purple haired one managed to smirk as he thrown an attacker coming from his right side by swinging his leg, knocking the person out cold.

 

As they were busy with their own circle, they noticed the number somehow increased. Something they just realised, the Haesang outnumbered the Seonghwa by a lot on the field. Of course, they could get the number to go down but one way or another, they were able to get back up. They were trained hard at the palace not to go down that easily. Even Yoongi acknowledge that. They were at the disadvantage side but it only made him more determined.

 

From the corner of Taehyung’s eyes, he could see a familiar tawny brown lock, waving his bare hands unlike the other of his kind. His head would snap from left to right as his feet seemed to instinctively move around the area like a well-choreographed dance. Blasting strong water, it resulted one hard hit on whoever came to disrupt his way. Interestingly, instead of going for the opposite side, the younger fellow scoffed a laugh as he was able to land a blow to his own people.

 

Tell him he was a betrayer but Jeon Jungkook did not care. He never planned to be on the Haesang’s side from the beginning and someone who already knew him should already well aware of his chosen side. His action went unnoticed by Myungsoo who was occupied by Jimin across the field which was fortunate until Master Seo noticed it with wide eyes. “Let me go, Eunkwang!” Jungkook was being disrespectful at the older male for sure but formality had long being thrown to the back of his mind the minute he galloped on his horse.

 

Contrasting to the fights around them, some managed to look at them strangely as Eunkwang and Jungkook were going against each other. Seven years apart did not come into mind while they threw their element. Unexpectedly great with his element however, Jungkook managed to push the male far from him after conjuring a massive water spray, splashing other Haesang that happened to be around to help Master Seo. He would laugh out of pride from time to time because he felt like doing so. He liked the feeling of appearing strong and it was very clearly showcased.

 

Once he turned to his back, Jungkook realised no one seemed to be advancing to his way. Everyone looked as if they had their own fight and it was only then his right hand shook vigorously. Lifting it up within his peripheral, he finally aware his energy was draining rather fast. The sun was standing right about their heads as he thought to himself about his own condition. Scoffing for the nth time that day, the farmer had no idea what was installed behind him.

 

“Jungkook, look out!” He heard his friend’s voice assumingly from his left side called out. After a quick glance over at Yoongi, his eyes widened in shock when he felt a body bumped onto him, throwing the two of them further back from their original spot. Jungkook winced in pain as he coughed shortly afterwards. Shaking his head, he looked up only to see Taehyung standing up front with his shield and sword which blazed with fire. The other was panting hard but was able to squeeze in a small smile as he turned to look to his back.

 

“You should not be distracted while on field, Jungkook.” Taehyung spoke in between his heavy breathing. The younger one felt his heart warmed at the friendly gesture because he never thought the kitchen servant would be helping. “Get back up. That orange headed fellow doesn’t seem to know when to quit.”

 

“Tae, he’s the royal trainer. Of course he doesn’t quit.” Jungkook informed as he stood up to his two feet at once. “Oh really, well I guess it’s me and you, against him. Also take note, I don’t like fact he also have silvery colour like me.” Taehyung chuckled as he pushed the shield to Jungkook after seeing that the fellow had no weapon in hand. Imitating his friend’s action, the two made a quick plan and within seconds, they were faced by more people being on the Haesang’s trainer’s side.

 

Hours into the joust, everyone on the battlefield felt something in common, tired as they energy was going down. Nonetheless, they still look like they had more things to settle. Going back to the two Crown Princes, both were panting hard as they stopped with their hands still remained a firm grasp on their individual weapons which dripped water and blazing flame respectively. Judging by the upward and downward movement of their chest, Jimin seemed the one to have lesser energy compared to Myungsoo at the moment.

 

Although their surroundings were still chaotic as ever, to them they heard nothing but thick silence that they appeared to be in an intense eye competition. Taking it as another chance to talk, the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince began after a long fight, “Myungsoo, why are you doing this?” It was the easiest question he ever given to be answered yet there he was remaining the same, rooted on his spot. The only difference was his gaze which he held strongly appearing to waver slightly.

 

“I have my reason.” Myungsoo shortly stated before unnecessarily screamed, causing Jimin to put back his guard up since he decided to put it off for mere minutes. Swords clanging could be heard on air, slicing off the thickening atmosphere into piece. However, it was not entirely cut just yet. “Seriously, what’s with all this Kim Myungsoo? You’re the next ruler of Haesang. You shouldn’t be doing this.” He spoke once their swords met, forming a cross.

 

“It’s not about me, Park Jimin.”

 

The other Crown Prince replied hastily before pushing Jimin, causing him to step back a couple of feet. He tried his best to bring Myungsoo to talk. He desperately wanted to know his real intention. Why did he want to fight so badly? What did the Seonghwa ever done to him in his life? Other than his stepmother’s death who was also a Seonghwa unlike him, what else would be the reason running in his mind?

 

In the midst of fire and water exchange from one hand to another, Jimin’s eyes wandered off Myungsoo’s dark expression beyond his figure. It was Mount Navillera, standing tall, reminding him of the prophecy he once witnessed. When his eyes widened, he suddenly recalled the vision came along while he was up there. But for some reasons, Jimin could not conjure out the picture in his mind like he used to. There was a glimpse of red and blue. The same as what Jiyeon once mentioned. That was all he could remember.

 

“Maybe…just maybe…” The Crown Prince uttered to no one in particular without realising Myungsoo was coming straight at him, knocking him off with his signature robust blast of water out of his sword. Landed on his back first on the ground, Jimin moaned once he registered the pain slipping down his spine before his head stung. It was an immense strength that he could barely stand back up properly. Propping his hands on the ground, he managed to push his body.

 

Eyes stuck on the mountain behind, the Seonghwa Crown Prince glanced at the sword within his grasp. He could stand back up and continued on with the joust. That or he should bail and did what his heart was screaming for. Just in one thought, without any delay, Jimin sprung off the ground in the fastest pace he ever moved, ignoring the agonising pain in the back of his mind. Shocked by his movement, Myungsoo was about to go in for attack only to mutter a short ‘what’ and gaped when he saw a glimpse of bright red sparkles in front of him. Following the path created on mid-air, he saw a pair of the similar coloured wings flying away.

 

The Haesang Crown Prince cursed under his breath. He did not expect the move at all. No one bothered shifting into butterfly especially when they in the middle of the messy fight. The two Crown Princes’ transformation nonetheless managed to catch the attention of a certain dynamic pair of friends.

 

Upon landing on the top of the Mount Navillera, Jimin’s breathing quickened as he tried to gather his attention on the new surroundings. It was not actually new to him of course. He had been there without knowing much but this time he knew what to be done. Before he could even walk over to the recognisable boulders which he hoped could replay the vision, Myungsoo appeared, blocking his way.

 

“What? You think you can run off just like that without a fight?” He said. Both were unarmed since they had to fly up which also meant they left the two strong weapons down at the original fighting ground. “You don’t understand, Myungsoo. Whatever you’re doing now is wrong and I can prove it to you.” Jimin voiced as he confidently stepped forward, nearer to where the other was standing. However, he knew he would face the consequence and by consequence, meaning that the Haesang would blast another water, knocking him off guard.

 

Panning back down to the actual fighting ground, most of the Seonghwa seemed to find the ground more comfortable. In easier and clearer statement, they passed out. They could not keep up with the number of the still conscious Haesang. The remaining few were as stated after: Yoongi, Taehyung, Changsub and other strong Seonghwa princes they could count within their sight. If only Jungkook was a Seonghwa, they could have sweep off most of the labelled enemies. There were lucky enough to him on their side though.

 

But the mentioned Haesang could only stare at his apparently shaking pair of arms. His mind was no longer in control of them since he could not find a way to stop it. Taehyung saw it and their eyes met in concern. Jungkook could not do as much damage as his energy was at its lowest level. One more surge of water discharge out of his hands, he would go out cold and who knew how long it would be for him to regain all his energy again.

 

“Stay back, Jungkook. We got you covered.” Yoongi mentioned as he, Taehyung and Changsub surrounded him who was forcedly stuck in the centre of the human barricade. Never in his life had he felt the urge to cry at the kind gesture. He was not even one of them. When he decided to express his gratitude, his arm was grabbed by Taehyung who suddenly break into a run, leaving his circle to apparently find a place for Jungkook to rest.

 

It was hard as the silvery purple haired one had to push through incoming attacks but he was not doing all the work. His friend helped along the way of course. However, their steps halted when they bumped onto an unexpected figure in front of them. With wide eyes, Jungkook questioned the figure who seemed to be out of place. Instead of answering his question though, the figure asked another question.

 

“Where are Jimin and Myungsoo?”