Is It True?

Navillera's Border

The Crown Prince’s figure tossed and turned as his face scrunched in agony. Beads of sweat already trickling down from his forehead once his friend walked in with worry written all over. As much as he wanted to shake the latter up from his current state, his mind recalled one of the healers advice of not to do so. It was to let the young Prince regain all the strength that managed to leave every inch of his body. He had a rough day and he should be looked twenty four seven by anyone, really anyone.

 

Crown Prince Jimin had been found passed out in the Navillera’s forest in the middle of the night by the palace guards. They had trudged by the same spot for the past few hours but it was only after dusk they saw a familiar body, facing the Earth with his eyes close. The incident took place two days ago actually and he was still in his deep sleep which made his parents to worry over him. The mother even cancelled most of her schedule so she could be by her son’s side but of course she had to face the works that simply could not be put on hold. On her behalf, the Queen let his best friend (although technically, she was furious upon knowing that he was a part of her son’s plan) to take care of him. 

 

“Just what was he doing in the forest to only come back to palace at this state anyway?” Taehyung questioned to no one in particular. With a damp cloth in his right hand, he shook his head before proceed to the bucket of water and twisting it. After placing it neatly on Jimin’s forehead, he stepped back and decided to take a seat by the window. His eyes glanced out where he found the sun was about to set for the day.

 

A knock on the door was all the other required to gain his attention. Turning his gaze, Taehyung’s eyes found its way to a very familiar figure. He never had a decent conversation with the other as he would constantly walked passed by the hallway or leaving the room but things would change now or later eventually.

 

“He’s not awake yet?” The green haired fellow asked as he sat on the edge of the Crown Prince’s bed. Yoongi took a good look at his cousin who was at the moment already stopped from adjusting his position but still had the same expression for the past couple of days. “Not that I know of, that is. I wonder what’s going on.” Taehyung shook his head before answering. Both let out a long, deep sigh unknowingly.

 

“This never happens before to anyone. Not even to me and the other Princes. Something must have happened to him at the forest for him to be in such state.” The older one spoke before looking straight at the servant’s face, just in case he would miss anything from the younger one. The latter however just remained silent and only replied with a short bob of the head. Taehyung’s mind went on to catch on a train ride when they had nothing more to converse about.

 

Guilt might be one of the few words he passed by constantly but unless Jimin got a reasonable reason maybe the guilt would be lift off even the slightest. Worry was such a cliché word too and same went with the typical tired. Tired of his work and also tired for the things he should not even think about like his friend’s words. He wanted to get the book back if it could help him with his friend’s condition. Nonetheless, it would take such a long trip by feet to Haesang just for one book. And it was not like there was only of it in the world.

 

As his mind went on, Taehyung had his eyes landed on the outside world once again where it was getting darker. If it was not because of the fire lid torches surrounding the palace walls, he would not notice a suspicious looking fluttering insect which apparently flying towards his spot. Eyebrows furrowed, he gasped when he was able to make out the recognizable pair of tawny brown wings. The butterfly entered the room and it managed to catch Yoongi’s attention as well especially when he decided to shift back into his human form.

 

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” Taehyung instantly stood up from his seat before slowly jogging towards the younger panting figure. He assumed the Haesang must had been flying for hours and he thought it might be fine to give him a glass of water that was actually prepared for the Crown Prince but there was still some left in the jug anyway. After finally regained his last bit of energy, Jungkook finally spoke, “I know I can always write letters but there is something I think I should tell you.”

 

“How did you even find us, Jungkook? That is your name, right?” Yoongi was the one asking as he too joined two’s conversation. Hearing the youngest chuckle would only mean it would be an amusing fact regarding the question. “Well, Taehyung’s purple hair was rather easy to detect from a far and thank goodness the guards were widely spread. I had been studying them a tad too long.”

 

“Okay, that’s interesting and all but still…what are you doing here?” Taehyung rolled his eyes as he gently tapped his foot on the floor with his arms across his chest, impatiently waiting for his statements. “Has Jimin waked up from his sleep?”

 

“Wait, how did you even know about this?”

 

“Because after we found the ancient relic on the top of the Navillera’s mountain, I was the first to wake up and both of them were still passed out. As much as I wanted to save Jimin, I just couldn’t.” Jungkook explained as he finally witnessed Jimin’s still unconscious body on the bed. Advancing closer with the two behind, a frown came across on his lips.

 

“You were with Jimin at the forest? You met him? Ancient relic? Found both of them? Oh my, there are so many questions I want to ask that I have no idea which one is more important.” Taehyung stated as he slid his fingers through his lock of hair. It was too much to register and Yoongi for once actually out of words to say too. “Alright, I’ll tell but keep it a secret. This is also about our two tribes, if that’s what they still call it.”

 

The three of them sat on the floor in a small circle. With Jungkook leading the discussion, he began on where and how he and Jiyeon bumped onto Jimin in the middle of Navillera’s forest. That part made Taehyung calm a bit since the Crown Prince indeed was not alone but after knowing the Haesang’s Princess story and the similarity it shared with his friend’s, that only made him even more confused. Before the youngest among the three could tell the most important part, the two cut him off.

 

“I think I can tell where this is going.” Yoongi confessed at ease when he took a glance at Jimin’s bed before turning back to them after a few second. “And I’m not the kind to listen to the Princes and Princesses topic of the day but my betrothed once said something strange about the Haesang people. Not wanting to offend you, Jungkook but when we came on the Princess’ birthday, we felt unwelcomed there for the first time. Why is that? Everything was fine before.”

 

“That’s might what the prophecy wanted to tell us.” Jungkook continued and got his palms together. Placing them on his legs, he finally revealed them and also told them about their trip to the fortune teller’s place weeks ago. Just when everything seemed to connect, they heard a groaned coming from the bed. The three immediately jumped off their seats and headed to the Crown Prince’s side.

 

“Jimin, can you hear me? Just signal us with anything, little one. Even a shake of the head is fine.” Taehyung told, hoping to see his friend answering but he opened his eyes slowly which was even better than any signal. Jungkook handed the servant a glass filled of plain water as Yoongi carefully lifted the Crown Prince’s body so he could lean on the headboard of the bed. After sipping the water, they could tell there was barely any energy in the fellow’s body.

 

“Jungkook, what is he doing here?” That was the first question came out of Jimin’s mouth before Taehyung got him into his arms, thankful that he finally awake from his deep sleep. He could feel him pushing his body, apparently feeling suffocated from the sudden affection. “What happened?” Jimin asked another question.

 

“Hey, you have been sleeping for two days. Don’t you think we should be asking what happened to you?” Yoongi said as Jimin caught the fallen cloth from his forehead. His eyes darted from one friend to another in wonder. “I was passed out for that long? The last thing I remembered was that bright light comi- hey! Jeon Jungkook, you saw that right? It was real right? Please tell me it’s real.”

 

Jungkook simply smiled before nodding his head. “But guys as much as my stomach is craving for food, I have a bad feeling of what might happen in Navillera.” Jimin added on, earning the similar concern expression. They too thought of what might happen to everyone on the island but one line from the phrases shone brighter than the other on Taehyung’s mind.

 

Hereby the chosen ones came to surface. Can it be you’re one of the few chosen ones, Jimin? You do know what that means?” The servant friend said as he looked at him from the corner of his eyes. “That means Jiyeon might be the other one and you two will fight whatever will come upon us in the future.” Jungkook stated, adding on the information as he recalled the Princess’ mentioning about it after the trip to the fortune teller’s place.

 

“There might be more than two chosen ones though.” Yoongi tilted his head sideways now that he thought of the so-called prophecy in mind. After a moment of silent, the four males simply made eye contact among them as if they were talking telepathically with each other. “One thing for sure, we need to keep this a secret. Jungkook, you should keep track of what’s going on over in Haesang. What’s the upcoming ceremony over there by the way?” Jimin asked shortly after.

 

“I believe it would be the Queen’s birthday celebration. It will be in the middle of summer.” Jungkook told as he slowly made his way towards the window. “And it’s getting late for me. My mom might already be searching for me already.” After bidding a goodbye, the Haesang flew off the dark sky with ease. The remaining Seonghwa however did not end the discussion.

 

“But that is still months away, right? So my guess you should write something for Jiyeon, secretly of course.” Taehyung suggested which made the Crown Prince sheepishly smiling. “And I should head out to tell someone to bring you food. I might even swing by to wherever your parents might be at. They should know you’re awake. I’ve been talking to your mother these past two days and I am sure she will be glad to know you’re doing well.”

 

“Yes, of course. I’ll just stay here then.” Jimin said as he and Taehyung watched the Prince walked out of the room, not forgetting to close the door as if he knew the two friends had more things to settle. At first, Taehyung wanted to leave with Yoongi but that would be a plan if Jimin was not awake.

 

“Tae, I saw everything and it was scary.” The Crown Prince decided to break the chilly atmosphere that managed to come into the room. They wanted to blame the opened window nevertheless they knew the reason behind the drop of temperature. “But I still don’t know if I will be able to fly.” Sighing, Jimin adjusted his body to the side so Taehyung could comfortably sit on the side of the bed.

 

“Jungkook told us most of the vision that apparently the three of you saw. It sounded unbelievable at first but my heart said it is true no matter how untrue it crazily sounded. I strongly trusted that the nature had more up its sleeve. And Jimin, I have something to tell you.”

 

“What will that be, Tae? You make me scared when you use that tone with me.” Jimin admitted when he heard his friend suddenly dropped his tone, causing an eerie feeling in his gut. “This might be the last time we are able to talk like this, ever. Your mother and mine made an agreement that we being friends shall no longer be a thing. I only cause trouble on your side anyway.” Eyes widened, Jimin turned his gaze at his friend’s face as he did not want to believe the statement he just gave.

 

“No, are they out of their minds? We’ve been friends since young and you did nothing but helping me for those years till now. We can’t just cut the ties because of what happened to me.”

 

“Tell that to your mother. She doesn’t seem too happy seeing me walking in and out of your room. The only reason she let was because she is busy with her duty as the Queen.” Jimin mumbled somewhere along the line as more reasons why the mothers should not tear them a part. Other than Taehyung, he only has Yoongi as a friend but though selfish and bad as it sounded, he will choose Taehyung over Yoongi any time, at any place and any situation.

 

“Taehyung, your mother called for you.” A feminine voice suddenly called out his name; apparently she had been knocking on the door for a couple of time after the two ended their conversation. Fortunately, the servant girl did not hear anything much but the gloomy atmosphere she got when she stepped in, she knew something must have happened. “Oh, thanks, Sujeong. I’ll head over to the kitchen now.” He noted before leaving the room with her without giving his friend any second glance.

 

Plopping his head on the headboard, Jimin let out a long, seemingly desperate sigh. As he closed his eyes, vision of the prophecy played within his sight. It was what had been occupying his apparently two days of sleep. Shaking the thoughts out, he huffed in defeat when he remembered there was one particular question that did not seem to have an answer. He might be the Seonghwa’s Crown Prince but…

 

“When will it be time for me to be a Navillera?”