Uncalled Gathering

Navillera's Border

The morning over in Haesang was a wonderful sunny day and everyone was indeed planning of taking a good advantage of the perfect autumn weather to do more productive activities since the uncalled rain seemed to slow down the progress of many people within the particular part of the land. The blissful serene atmosphere also opened an opportunity to a certain gate keeper by the palace entrance seeing that he was enjoying his brand new book. His golden brown lock shone nicely with the help of the light streaming into his area. All distraction was nowhere to be seen until someone called out for him in his friendly tone.

 

Inhaling a good amount of oxygen in his lungs, Hoseok strode towards Namjoon who reluctantly turned his attention from the reading material to look at the gardener. Giving him his signature bright smile, Hoseok chirped, “Namjoon, by any chance the flower merchant is here yet? My father just ordered a couple of potted sunflowers from the fellow.” The gate keeper shook his head before he glanced out to the woods where the path typically used by the merchants of any kind. “Oh, I guess they might be a bit late than planned then. How’s your day?”

 

“As much as I want to converse with you today, you’re being a tad strange. What do you want? There’s no letter coming from Seonghwa if that’s what you’re intending to get from me.” Namjoon stated seriously as he took his reading glasses off since it did not seem like he would be using it for the time being. “No, I just thought of talking since I still have to wait for the flowers to arrive anyway.”

 

“Yeah, whatever you want to say. Oh, hey kid; finally heading out of the palace after the intense training session?” He good-naturedly asked when he saw Jungkook’s figure nearing the gate. It was not common to see the non-royals Haesang that were recruited for training to go out of the palace grounds. Some used the chances of having a free day to visit their family and friends and it was only matter of time to see Jungkook leaving at last.

 

“I’m planning to head back to the farm for today. It’s been a week already and I kind of missing that hill top view. My brain can use a good rest.” He told casually and glanced over to Hoseok who was apparently standing by his right side. Truth to be told, it was all a part of the plan. Most of the talking and conversation were partially scripted just so the plan they did would not go to waste.

 

“Good for you then. Have fun, Jungkook.” Namjoon said his goodbye as he waved at the young boy exiting through the opened gate. The gardener also followed along the gate keeper’s action before speaking with a pout formed by his lips, “How come you talk to him just fine when I’m literally here every day? I feel offended.” Shaking his head, he placed his glasses back on the bridge of his nose to continue on with his reading.

 

Trudging through the forest was Jungkook with a bag slung on his left shoulder and eyes wandered around the area, trying to find a secure ground to stop at just so he could move on with the next plan on the list. After he was sure the spot he was at was indeed far from the palace, the sixteen year old placed the bag on the ground. Gently tugging the string wrapped around the bag to open, a pair of chestnut brown wings flew out.

 

Upon landing on the dirt path, Jiyeon breathed in all the oxygen given by nature once she was back on her two feet. She felt suffocated staying in the small bag and fortunate enough, Jungkook was fast on his pace to release her. Adjusting her hair consciously, the Princess neared the young lad before taking out her cloak to cover her body up from the breezy weather.

 

“So my guess we just have to continue walking up north. The mountain is not far judging by the shadow casted around here.” Jungkook mentioned as his eyes never seemed to stop from scanning the area warily. “And are you sure this is a good idea? The last time we went there, we passed out in the middle of the forest.” Jiyeon bobbed her head almost instantly after clicking the buttons of her cloak by the neck. She said something about being late and such which was totally not the thing Jungkook worrying about because there was more to worry about rather than the time. It was barely afternoon.

 


 

His hand met with the back of his neck, rubbing it with hope that it would ease the tension off his brain. A short sigh would escape through his lips from time to time throughout the weekly meeting with the Princes of Seonghwa. Eyes going to his left side, he saw the similar look plastered on his cousin’s face and it sure added more burdens on his back just by looking at the rest of the faces in the meeting area.

 

“What shall we do about these problems? It had only been weeks but it feels like yesterday we had to tackle the same thing.” Seokjin as the village head managed to be a part of the meeting for the week delivered the actual reason to the gathering. Being the one in charge to keep a close check on the Seonghwa people over at the village area, he had no choice but to come back to the palace for the past few weeks to meet the Crown Prince. Once even the smart Prince could not conjure a good idea regarding the matter, he called for the others for extra pair of hands. “How about moving the water tanks off the Seonghwa’s border so it will not be sabotage again?” One of the Princes voiced but immediately set back by Yoongi seeing that the idea would not make sense.

 

The strange phenomenon occurring in Seonghwa at the time was the decreasing number of water for the farm. Being on the less fertile land on Navillera, the patches of land dedicated for farming was running dry and some of the harvestable were not able to be saved as it died before they could mature further into the mid-autumn. The water reservoirs located by the built fences between the village area and the Navillera’s forest were vanished as the weather only called for dry fall and no rain.

 

Jimin who had remained quiet in the midst of discussion suddenly felt a light tug in his heart which caught his attention while he was in a trance. The furrowed eyebrows were noticed by Yoongi when the Prince turned to talk to him. “Jimin, are you alright?” He asked in concern as he instinctively placed his hand on the Crown Prince’s shoulder. The questioned male merely shook his head before standing up, earning a lot of surprised look by the people in the room.

 

Already walking out of the room in long strides, Jimin’s hand was pulled by his close relative who was trailing behind him without him realising it. Looking straight into the younger one’s eyes, “Where do you think you’re going? You’re the Crown Prince for nature’s sake. You can’t just leave the meeting like that.” Yoongi stated out loud and it managed to gain a couple of attention from the palace servants but that was the least they cared at the moment.

 

“I can’t handle the gathering anymore. My head hurts.” He simply admitted as he took another few steps forwards only to be held back once again. “You know better than anybody that you’re a bad liar. You admit it yourself in the past once. Now, tell me, what’s going on? You would…wait; you never leave any form of meeting before no matter how much it gets on your head. What makes this any different?” Yoongi sighed when he saw the younger Prince retreated away in the same swift pace. He had no trouble catching up but that fellow seemed to have an issue playing in his mind.

 

They could hear the birds chirping while their eyes instinctively followed the flying animals above their heads. The two of them were already out of the palace building yet they still remained within the palace ground. It did not take them too long to walk out a distance. However, Jimin’s steady steps looked as if it was planned which seemed totally the opposite of his puzzled expression and still furrowing eyebrows.

 

Over at the servants’ quarters Yoongi assumed by the massive difference of exterior design of the particular building surroundings, the wooden structures appeared to be stronger than it looked. He never had the time take a good look because his close relative decided to halt in front of a high wall. Eyeing on Jimin closely by his side, the older Prince began to make a few judgement regarding the latter’s mental issue since it was weird to see him walking about without any reason.

 

“Can you hear that?” Jimin asked Yoongi out of the blue as his eyes started to wander around the area. It was the other’s turn to crease his forehead due to the fact he heard nothing other than the ambience of the forest and autumn wind blowing from the other side of the wall. There were also trees around so that produced the constant rustle of dried leaves once in a while. “What am I supposed to hear?” He decided to cut his curiosity instead of figuring out on his own.

 

The Crown Prince said nothing to answer the older Prince’s question nonetheless. The red haired Prince placed his right index finger on his lips, telling the green haired one to keep his close attention with whatever he was supposed to listen. To be honest, Jimin thought his mind was playing tricks on him, putting on the familiar voices of his two close acquaintances right after he got that gentle tug in his heart again. The sound was nearing. Not just by ears but he physically felt someone’s presence.

 

“That was definitely not the way to the Mount Navillera.” The voice suddenly caught the two Princes’ attention by surprise. Spinning on their heels almost in synchronise, Jimin was the first to let out a dramatic gasp unlike Yoongi who only had his mouth slightly agape. Both delivered the same intentional expression and same went with the other’s side.

 

“Jungkook, oh my goodness, how did you even-” He wanted to end his sentence so badly as more and more questioned piled up but he stopped himself when he indeed saw the young lad did not come alone. “What are you two doing here?”

 

Four of them stood still, staring and exchanging glances from one to the other. The two Haesang, Jungkook and Jiyeon never had any intention of coming to Seonghwa. In fact as stated, their actual goal was to head over to Mount Navillera just so they could unravel more mystery regarding their future or anything similar to that matter.

 

All they remembered was finding the same glowing path with brown autumn leaves neatly arranged for them to walk on. And they did. But by the end of the path, the path did not end with the cliff like their first encounter. Instead they stumbled upon a two metres high dark entrance with a hint of light at the end. Jiyeon being the smarter one she was concluded it was a tunnel. But it appeared to be out of nowhere and they never saw it before. Yet the two friends were brave enough to walk through and before they knew it, they had to push sparsely grown bushes. In the end, there they were, right in front of the two Princes. They unexpectedly got to Seonghwa.

 

They took the Haesang immediately somewhere safe in Seonghwa palace. Not there were any danger but Jimin would not want to take any risk while they were on his part of the land. He felt like it was a part of his responsibility. He silently thought; these two would not be magically appeared in Seonghwa for any apparent reason, right? There must be a reason. He had been living behind the walls for most of his eighteen years of living and that was what he learned the most about.

 

“Your hair, it’s really is bright red.” The Princess suddenly spoke in a whisper, loud enough to be heard by the three males in the currently speed-walking group. Being the one leading the way, Jimin was thankful at the fact she was not in range of seeing his tinted cheeks. The thing she says to him always find a way to trigger his shy part, making him harder to concentrate in getting them to the place where he thought the best to be, his room.

 

“Yes, it is. I get that a lot. I’m still getting use with the flying so that’s why I think it’s the best to walk. Other than that, I just grew accustom to moving by feet. They say old habits die hard.” He finally was able to reply without glancing to his back. The easiness of getting to his room was not on his side that long when he suddenly saw the familiar orange tip haired Prince coming out of the meeting room at the far end of the hallway. He, Prince Changsub actually noticed him from afar too.

 

Her reputation of being the wisest Princess and the one who gained the ability to shape-shift at the youngest age among the Haesang people was not just a statement written on the papers though. Jiyeon thought fast as she instantly perched her butterfly form on the Crown Prince’s shoulder with Jungkook also following along only that he found himself a place on Yoongi’s shoulder. Jimin and Yoongi simply smiled at the Prince as they walked by and the other Prince returned them the same gesture without hesitation. It was only when they climbed the stairs to the next level, he turned back. Nevertheless, he saw no one and assumed that he was just seeing things on the younger Princes shoulders’.

 

“That was close. Why didn’t I think of that?” Jimin sighed in relief as soon as he found himself a seat by the window. He leaned out his hand to pull the drapes to a close, preventing for anyone from the outside looking in. “Maybe because you always leave any thinking session instead of doing any actual thinking. Seriously, Changsub would’ve thrown a fit if he knows you left for these two.” Yoongi said as he gestured his hand towards the two figures that were already standing back on their feet.

 

“So…why are we gathered again?” Jungkook decided to start immediately with the things had been running wildly in his mind. It was his second time in the Crown Prince’s bedroom and the last time was not as exciting too. “Maybe nature has gathered us to discuss of things that is going on here. Judging by Prince Yoongi’s statement, I assume troubles are on your side of the land?” It was Jiyeon who talked and indeed earned a nod from Jimin. Sighing deeply once again, he began to tell them in great detail of what was happening with Seonghwa.