Chapter 20

The Change

*Remeber it's Sunday now~*

 

Sulli's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling so confused... I don't know what I should do! I feel so out of place right now, I feel like I don't belong in this house...

Finally, I decided to drag myself out of bed. I can't stay here forever, I'll have to face my 'parents' anyway.

I brushed my teeth, didn't bother to change, and went downstairs.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs and everyone stared at me as if I was a ghost....

"Sulli-ah, come eat breakfast." Appa spoke up.

"Neh..." I sat down at the table.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning, Sulli." My Oppa's answered.

Should I call Appa and Umma Mr. and Mrs. Choi? They're not my parents right? Aish...

"C-can I still call you Appa and Umma?" I broke into tears.

"Silly girl, of course you can!" Umma hurried over to my chair and hugged me tightly "You'll always be my youngest daughter, Choi Sulli no matter what!"

"Neh, we're proud to have you as a daughter." Appa added.

"Appa.... Umma.." I wiped my tears.

"Babo, stop crying!" Minho oppa said.

"Haha, this babo asked us the same thing yesterday. She asked if she could still call us Oppa." Siwon oppa tried to joke.

"Never ask us this question ever again, arasso?" Umma said "You'll always be apart of our family."

"Neh, I promise." I smiled slightly.

"Come on, lets eat." Appa said.

We did as he said and started to eat our breakfast.

"Can I know the whole truth and story now?..." I asked.

"Neh...Sulli-ah..." Umma started.

"I'll tell her." Appa took over.

My Oppa's were sitting there, listening intensively to Appa. They wanted to know why everything turned out like this...

"Back then... We knew a family who owned a business... They were your parents. They were doing really well and their business was growing until one day, your uncle took everything away from them." Appa explained "Your uncle was very envious of your Appa and never really thought of him as a brother ever since the day your grandpa passed his company down to your Appa."

"Why would he do such a thing?" I mumbled even though I don't know my uncle.

"I don't know, Sulli." Appa said "What a disgraceful brother..."

"Neh..." I agreed.

Siwon oppa and Minho oppa stayed silent the whole time, they just sat there and pretended to eat their food. I don't know if they have any appetite for it, because I don't.

"So where did my parents go?" I tried to wipe my tears and sniffled.

"Your uncle left your parents in a huge debt with some gangsters so they had to leave." Appa answered "They gave you to me and your Umma because they didn't think they had the ability to take care of you. They left us with your name, Choi Sulli, the clothing you were wearing, the blanket that was covering you, and a necklace." *Yes, I know Sulli's real name is Choi Jinri but I'm not going to complicate things...*

"Chincha?" I felt really mad at my uncle who wrecked our whole family "Oh, is it that necklace?"

"Neh." They knew what I was talking about.

I remember that necklace... It's really pretty. Simple, but beautiful.

"I still remember the day your parents left you for us very clearly...They begged us to treat you as if you were our own daughter, we did since we've always wanted one. They said to tell you everything when you turn 18, which was yesterday.... We kept all the promises." Umma said. 

"Then they left Seoul with your sister... That's right, you have an Unnie... What was her name?" Appa tried to remember "Soo..."

"Sooyoung." Umma filled in for him.

"Ahh, yes." Appa remembered "Choi Sooyoung." *Now you should get where this is all going to lead up to... Haha~*

"They were also Choi's like us. We aren't related, as far as we know though." Umma said.

"So I'm still a Choi..." Does that make things any better?...

"Neh." Umma tried to smile.

"But this doesn't make sense... My parents decided to give me to you and not my Unnie?" I asked, kind of hurt.

"Yes, but don't think of it the bad way." Umma said "They did that to protect you."

"Mwoh?" I started to get confused.

"They were in debt with gangsters... You don't know what they would do." Appa said.

"How about my Unnie then?..." I asked, breaking into tears again.

"We haven't heard from your parents ever since they left Seoul..." Umma answered "We don't know where she is..."

We sat there in awkward silence, not knowing what to say.

"Can I look for my Unnie?..." I spoke up.

"Neh, of course." Umma smiled.

"We would love to meet her, the last time we saw her was when she was like 4 or 5..." Appa said.

"Your Appa will hire a detective to look for her." Umma said.

"Gomawo..." I smiled.

"We'll be able to find her, don't worry." Appa smiled.

"Neh.." I don't even know if my Unnie is alive... How does she look? Is she going to be able to accept me?...

"Siwon-ah, Minho-ah, take Sulli out to somewhere fun." Umma commanded "You both aren't busy, right?"

"Neh, we will. We were planning to anyway." Minho oppa smiled.

"Sulli-ah, go change." Siwon oppa said.

"Neh~" I looked at my pyjamas and laughed.

~

We got out of the house and started walking to our car.

"Where are we going, Oppa?" I asked.

"Ice skating rink." Minho oppa said.

"Cool." I smiled.

Siwon oppa went to get our skates as me and Minho oppa got into the car.

~

We got to the ice skating rink and sat I sat on the bench as both my Oppa's tied my skates laces for me. 

"I'm not a little girl, you know." I said.

"Oh yes you are." Siwon oppa laughed.

"Okay we're done with your skates, you can go skate first while we put on ours." Minho oppa said.

"Aniyo, I'm waiting for you!" I pouted.

"Arasso." Siwon oppa said.

"Sulli~~" I heard a familiar voice yell and hug me.

"Soojungie~" I hugged her back.

I saw Tiffany unnie and Taemin behind Krystal. Of course Tiffany goes to my Siwon oppa, haha.

"Gwenchana?" She asked as she broke our hug.

"Mwoh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Your real parents... You know..." She but her lower lip.

"You know already?" I asked.

"Your Oppa's told us." She laughed.

"Ahh... I'm okay." I sort of lied...

"Good, because we're going to have fun!" She got her skates and put them on.

"Sulli-ah, annyeong." Taemin smiled.

"Annyeong, Taemin." I smiled back "I guess we're not cousins..."

"It's okay, we'll still be close." Taemin assured me.

"We better be~" I joked.

"You're okay, right?..." Taemin asked "I heard from Hyung that you were crying a lot..."

"Neh, I'm fine..." I tried to smile.

"If you're going to cry again, you can borrow my shoulders." Taemin joked.

"Neh, gomawo Oppa." I laughed.

"Yah Krys, do you think Sica is awake yet?" Tiffany asked with Siwon oppa's arm around her shoulder.

"Ani, haha." Krystal laughed.

"She's going to be so mad." Tiffany laughed.

"Why?" I asked.

Krystal and Tiffany burst out laughing.

 

Jessica's POV

Ahhh, nothing better then my beauty sleep~

I glanced at the clock, it's 12 already.

I'm kind of glad Fany and Krys didn't wake me up but I have a feeling it's a trick... They usually won't let me sleep this late.

I stretched and yawned on my bed before I got up and brushed my teeth and hair. I kind of scared myself in the mirror, I'm still not used to my blonde hair haha... 

I didn't change since I don't think we're going anywhere.

I walked downstairs with my nightgown on, not knowing it was a big mistake being lazy and not changing.

"Mommy, what's for breakfast?" I asked in English as I walked down the stairs.

Why's she not answering me?

"O-oh, Annyeonghaseyo..." I bowed.

I saw Donghae and his parents sitting and chatting with my parents.

Donghae was staring at me... Oh my God...

"I'll be right back..." I mumbled in English and ran upstairs to change.

Omo... That was so embarrassing...

~

Okay, lets try this again! I walked downstairs in my casual clothing.

"Oh, Sooyeon used to do that when she was little too!" Both Mrs. Lee and Umma laugh.

Oh no, please don't bring up the embarrassing things I did as a baby...

"Good morning Appa, Umma." I purposely interrupted their conversation and kissed their cheeks.

"Morning sweetie." Umma smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Lee." I smiled.

"Annyeong Jessica." They smiled back.

I would say hi to Hae... But I don't know if he's mad at me...

"Umma-ah, where's Heechul oppa, Fany, and Soojungie?" I asked as I sat down with them.

"Heechul is at work while Miyong and Soojung are out with their friends." Appa said.

The 'friends' their out with is probably Siwon, Minho, Taemin, and Sulli. 

"Oh..." I blinked.

"Sooyeon, you should go out and eat breakfast with Donghae!" Umma suggested.

I could always eat my cereal or pancakes but of course, I'd rather go out with Hae.

"Okay." I smiled "Is that okay with you, Hae?"

"Neh." He answered.

~

We said good bye to our parents, who continued chatting after we left.

We got into his car, I'm assuming his parents bought it for him.

"Are you mad at me?" I pouted.

"Aniyo." He said coldy and concentrated on driving.

He totally is lying.

"I'm sorry for leaving you yesterday, forgive me please?~" I said with aegyo.

There was no response from him.

"Hae oppaaaa~" I tried again.

"Okay, I give up." He reached one of his hands out to pinch my cheeks "Why do you have to be so cute?"

"Hehe~" I laughed.

"Even when you're in your nightgown." He teased.

"Yah!" I slapped his arm "ert!"

"I'm driving!" He warned.

"Which cafe?" I asked.

"You wouldn't know it anyway." He joked.

"True... Haha." I laughed.

Yay! Oppa's not mad at me anymore~

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the very short and late update... I went on the orchestra contest and got sick so that delayed my update, haha....

Omg, I'm on the 20th chapter already... So, how am I doing? Is this story good? :D It's kind of hard to imagine that I got this far, the old me would have given up half way... Thank you for supporting me, it means the world to me! Love you readers <3

Please continue to comment and subscribe~