Reunited...

Hey It's Me

 

Merry Christmas!

Dahil miss na miss ko na ang KG sa primetime....

 

************************************************

The next morning dawned clear and crisp. Gerald was awake so early even though he had a long day yesterday and still had jet lag. He was determined not to waste any more time. Before going out of his room, he took one more look at the picture on his bedside table.

It was of Kim.

He took the framed picture and sighed as he looked at it. Tracing his fingers on her picture, his heart basked in joy and love. That picture of Kim was personally taken by him while they were still inside the PBB house. He took it the very same day when Kim got back from the Hundred Islands and it brought back a lot of memories…

He was sitting alone at the dining table. His heart and mind was full of regrets for having made that mistake which was the reason why he was taken back to Manila ahead of his other housemates, including Kim. He was then so afraid that he wouldn’t be seeing her again but then, he also learned his lesson well.

The time he spent alone inside the house made him realize how much he missed Kim and what a big difference it was not having her around. When he finally saw her again, he was overwhelmed with emotions, there was happiness and there was relief. He was almost tongue tied seeing her again that all he was able to say was “Ooopsie…” His heart swelled and his pulse raced at the sight of Kim. She was the one he first saw that very morning, well, aside from the Jollibee mascot, of course. He knew it right then, there was no one else he would rather see.

And he really missed her then. That hug nearly squeezed the breath out of him but it felt good to have her in his arms once again. That was when he realized that Kim was more than just a housemate, that she was more than just a friend. That day, he told himself that he was going to show Kim everyday how much she was cared for but then, when they got out of the house, he was torn between his feelings for her and the friendship that they had.

“Kimmy…”Gerald started speaking while still looking at her picture. “I really, really missed you and I will never get tired of saying that. I’m sorry for causing you so much pain. I hope I’m not yet too late to make it all up to you.”

“Kuya, I hate to say this but I do think you are really getting mushy.”

“Ken! What are you doing here?” Gerald almost jumped to his feet, surprised to see his brother, standing by the door looking at him pathetically.

“You really love Ate Kim. I knew it! You’re in love with her.” Ken said instead, ignoring his question.

Gerald didn’t say a word. His gaze went back to the picture he was holding.

“Don’t you think it’s high time you tell her that?” Ken said. “And I mean, her. Not just the picture.”

“That’s the only reason why I came back.” Gerald answered after a few seconds. “I just hope I’m not yet too late.” He placed the frame back to its place. He had that picture with him for years now.

“How will you know unless you try?” Ken shrugged his shoulders. “Besides, Ate Kim still deserves to know. You don’t just owe it to her but you owe it to yourself most of all.” Ken then gave his brother an encouraging tap on the shoulders.

Gerald thought about what Ken told him. He had gone out of the country and tried to live his life alone but there was never a day that he didn’t think of her. Kim had been in his heart and in his mind all the time. She had given him the inspiration to finish his studies and just thinking of her made him smile even at the most saddest times. She was, in every sense of the cliché, the wind beneath his wings and even if they were apart, he knew he never would have made it through without her.

“Thanks Bro.” Gerald said as he gave his brother a warm smile. “Wish me luck.”

“I don’t think you need that, just go and tell her. Show her.” Ken rolled his eyes. “Oh but well, just in case, good luck!”

 

 

“Kim, are you okay? What happened to your eyes?” Ate Imee asked when they were on their way to the studio. She had noticed that Kim had those dark, black circles around her eyes.

Because it was obvious, there was no point of denying.

“Ahm, Ate kasi, I hardly had sleep last night but I’m okay, don’t worry.” She answered and she put her sunglasses on.

Yes, she was practically up the whole night because of overwhelming emotions. She still could not believe that Gerald was back and that he actually took her home last night. Yet, she was happy. She had never been any happier. But on the other hand, there was confusion. Gerald was acting weird but so much for all that he was showing and saying, Kim was still trying to convince herself that it didn’t mean anything. Period.

“Oh I see.” Imee said with her teasing smile which Kim no longer noticed because she now had her eyes closed, hoping to sleep off what little time was left.

“Good morning, Kim!” Miss P greeted her with her usual cheerful tone. Her manager was so excited and Kim was just grateful that she was did not notice her eyes for she didn’t have the energy to really explain why. “I have got good news for you!”

“Good morning, Tita!” Kim said, giving her manager a soft kiss on the cheek. “What’s the good news? Are you getting married?” She kidded.

“Oh no, not yet!” Miss P laughed. “This is not about me…this is about you!”

“Me?”

“Yes! I was just on the phone with the brand manager for the shampoo endorsement that you have. They wanted to extend your contract and you will be shooting your next commercial in…guess where?” Miss P’s eyes twinkled with excitement.

“I don’t know…”

“In Singapore!”

“What? Bakit po sa Singapore pa?” Kim grew excited.

“Because this commercial is for Asian release! Isn’t that great?”

“What?”

“Oh yes and hold on, I still have more…” Her manager turned her laptop on and typed something. “Believe it or not but I received a lot of emails, talent center has received a lot of emails and phone calls since yesterday and I mean a lot!” She raised both of her hands in mid-air to emphasize her point. “Everyone is asking for a reunion!”

Her breath caught in as she tried to process in her mind what her manager was telling her about.

“A reunion? What do you mean?”

“A project! Maybe an MMK or a Your Song episode for now.” Miss P was so excited that she paced around her office as she talked. “Everyone is so happy to see you and Gerald together once again. ASAP rated the highest yesterday and we’ve been getting a lot of requests that the two of you do a project together. Isn’t that exciting?”

Very exciting.

Kim suddenly felt dizzy with what she just heard. She was grateful to everyone, especially her fans that had been at her support all these years but doing a project with Gerald at this point in time, was something that she might not be ready of just yet.

“Oh My!” She muttered under her breath.

“What did you say?” Miss P tried to clarify.

“Nothing.” She said. “But…what about Gerald?”

“I’m sure he would be very happy to do work with you again…”

“You think so?”

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

“Yes, Kim and that just might be him.” Her manager was oblivious to the nervousness that she was feeling because as Kim would see it, she was the one who was so excited about this whole thing. “Come in!”

“Good morning!”

Miss P was right. It was indeed, Gerald. He had on a yellow polo shirt and a pair of black jeans that suited him so well. He looked so fresh with his newly-shaven face that Kim felt conscious with the way she looked all of a sudden.

Gerald smiled at the manager and turned to smile at her. Their gazes locked and Kim gulped. She didn’t like the way she was feeling now, it was as if she became a teenager all over again.

“Hi, Tita!”

“Good morning, Gerald!” Miss P welcomed him with a warm hug. “I’m so glad you came…”

“Of course, Tita. I came so I could thank you.”

While Gerald was still in the States, it was Miss P that he called up when he finally decided to come back home. She was the one who actually made all the arrangements so Gerald could sing with Kim on ASAP. He could not be any grateful to her.

“Anytime, Ge!” Miss P said with a smile.

“Good morning…” Gerald turned to Kim who was now glued to where she was seated.

“Good morning.” She answered. It was all she could say.

“Okay, since we’re all here, let me discuss something…”

Miss P then talked about the same things that she had told Kim earlier. Gerald was excited and happy while Kim didn’t know what to say. There really wasn’t anything wrong about the possibility of working with Gerald once again. She was quite sure that a lot of people, especially their fans would be very happy about it and advertisers for the show wouldn’t be a problem either but the thing was, Kim was afraid. She was not sure of herself just yet. She had all these butterflies inside her stomach since yesterday and her knees were like jell-o.

“So, are we all okay about it?”

The question startled Kim. What was she going to say?

“I would love to work with Kim again.” Gerald said. He was looking at her expectantly and Kim felt so nervous.

“Kim?”

“Yes, Tita. I don’t see anything wrong with it.” Kim was herself surprised at her own answer. Part of her wanted to say no but she already agreed. What was happening to her?

“Wonderful!” Miss p exclaimed. “I’ll make sure we can start working as soon as possible.” She paused when the phone rang and picked it up. “Yes? Okay, I’ll be right there.” She placed the receiver back to its cradle. “I’m sorry I have to go. I completely forgot about my meeting with the advertisers. I’ll just keep the two of you informed, okay?”

Kim nodded.

“Thanks again, Tita.”

“See you!” The manager said right before she sauntered off.

“Hi…” Gerald said awkwardly when it was only the two of them that were left inside the office.

“Hello…” Kim smiled back.

“Thank you.”

Her eyebrows furrowed. “For what?” She asked.

“For agreeing to work with me…again.”

“Wala yun. It’s my work, remember? Okay lang yun.” Kim answered nonchalantly.

Gerald didn’t know what to say so he simply answered with a slow nod.

“Sige, Ge. I need to go.”

“Sige, I’ll walk you to your car.” Gerald offered.

“I’m not yet leaving.” Kim didn’t know but she just found herself talking to Gerald while they were stepping out of the office. “May taping pa ako.”

“Kim, are you okay? You looked pale.” Gerald asked in concern.

“Ha? Oo naman…”

“Pwede ba kitang samahan?” Gerald asked.

Her heart stopped beating.

“Saan?” She managed to ask.

“Sa taping o kahit saan. I can’t leave you that way.”

Oh my! Here we go again.

“Ha? Ah…” Kim had known where this conversation was heading. Still, she felt unprepared.

“Please?” Gerald added when he saw her hesitation.

It won’t mean anything. Kim decided to herself. Gerald was just being nice. It was just like the way things were before.

“Okay…” She responded.

“Great! Thank you.” Gerald grinned happily.

Kim couldn’t believe she was doing this. She had just agreed for Gerald to come with her but she didn’t take her words back, though. She didn’t want to.

“Kaya lang, baka matagalan. I don’t want to keep you waiting.” Kim explained.

“It’s okay, I have all day and I want to spend it with you.” Gerald locked gazes with her and her own heart started to beat fast once again.

 

The taping took longer than expected and Kim was grateful that Gerald had stayed with her the whole time. He made sure that she didn’t skip lunch and was all the time, being attentive to all her needs. As much as she didn’t want to admit it to herself, it was obvious that it made her really happy.

Kim held her breath when she walked to where Gerald was and saw that he had fallen asleep in his seat. She watched him from a nearby distant but was drawn and before she knew it, she was already by his side. Now, she was looking intently at him.

Gerald has matured but deep in her heart, she knew that he was still the same Gerald. Her heart still longed for him and seeing him that way only made her realize that there was no way she could be over him.

Cautiously, she stretched out a hand and brushed his forehead ever so lightly with her fingers. Her own heart was beating fast, in fact, it was the only sound Kim could hear that very moment.

She wanted to give Gerald a hug for she really missed him. She could very well deny it to others, even to Gerald but could she ever deny it to herself?

Gerald’s eyes fluttered and then opened.

Kim froze.

She was caught in the act.

“K..Kimmy?” Gerald softly said. Their faces were only an inch away from each other. Her heart pumped wildly. Their eyes met. Gerald, breathing came in spurts and Kim was earlier feeling cold but now, her palms were sweating. She felt like she was going into cardiac arrest.

It took Kim a minute or two before she was able to pull back and redeem herself.

“Kim…” Gerald said and stood up.

“I…I was just trying to wake you up.” Kim managed to say.

With an exasperated sigh, Gerald answered. “I’m sorry. I mean…”

“Ge, mabuti pa, umuwi na tayo…I mean, ikaw…” Kim mumbled. She didn’t know what to say exactly.

Gerald drew closer and Kim, in her attempt to move away, fell into Gerald’s arms instead.

The awkwardness of the moment came again. Kim stiffened as Gerald caught her hand.

“Kim…ang init mo. Are you, okay?” Gerald asked in concern. He felt her forehead and that was when he realized that she had a fever or something.

“I’m okay…” Kim insisted.

“No, you’re not!” Gerald said out loud. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to shout. Kim, I better take you home, you need to rest, may sakit ka.”

That was the last thing Kim heard before everything around her went black.

She just passed out.