Lee Howon

Dangerous Boy

 

After attending the training courses, you were finally ready to accept your first case. Mrs Jung, your trainer, has called you into her office room one day. “Please sit down, Miss ~~~~~.”

 

Nervously, you sat down on the chair and stared at her. Mrs Jung continued reading the file she was holding. Finally, after a long silence, she closed the file and handed it to you. She smiled. “Congratulation, ~~~~. This will be you first assignment. He’s a student who was referred to here by the police after being charged for mild violence. He is quite difficult but I believe you will do well.”

 

You opened the file to read the basic profile of your first target. A photo of the student at the top right corner caught your eyes. You let out a gasp when you recognized his face. *Isn’t he the guy who I accidentally knocked into on the other day?*

 

Mrs Jung noticed your expression and frowned. “Waeyo? Is there any problem?”

You looked up at her and shook your head. “Nothing. Everything is fine.”

“Good.” She nodded her head. “Then you should try to counsel him at least for 5 hours every week. Will it be hard on your schedule?”

“It’s ok. I only have 4 subjects this year.” You reassured. You pulled your gaze back to the photo. “Lee Howon.” You read his name softly. *I will do my best to help you. I promise.*

The next day, you went to Howon’s school, Woolim academy to find him, as well as to know more about him from the teachers.

 

To your dismay, Howon was did not came to school. Instead, you collected a lot of negative comments from his teachers. All of them told you that he was a violent and rude student. He does not come to school and even when he comes, he will be late for a few hours. Not to say he would spend hours hiding in the male toilet, smoking.

 

You frowned at how everyone spoke bad things about him. Even though he might be a bad student, you refused to categorise him as a hopeless target before even trying to help him.

 

With the help of the school, you got his address and went to his house to find him. Without much effort, you managed to make your way to a small shabby house at the rooftop.

 

*Ding dong~* You rang the doorbell and waited patiently at the doorstep. However, there was no one answering the door. You furrowed your eyebrows. *Is he out?*

 

*Ding dong~ Ding dong~* You tried a few times again. Just then, you heard some cussing voices and heavy footsteps inside the house. The door finally opened and you looked up to meet the gaze of Howon who seemed to have just woke up from his sleep.

 

“Ah!” You covered your eyes when you saw him wearing nothing else other than his boxers. Your cheeks went red in embarrassment.

 

Hoya took a look at the stranger in front of him. He ruffled his hair in frustration. “Who the hell are you?” He asked with an annoyed tone.

 

“I-I’m your new counselor, ~~~~~. I’m from ‘Nothing’s Over’ counseling centre.” You explained without removing your hands from your face.

 

Hoya studied you with an arched eyebrow. “Are you trying to bluff me? You looked younger than me.” He folded his arms, not believing you.

 

“I’m 21 already.” You answered. “Do you need to see my IC? I have it in my b-” You wanted to dig for your wallet in your bag but Hoya stopped you.

 

“Araso… But I’m busy today. I can’t go for any stupid counseling session today. Just leave.” He said coldly.

“But Howon-ssi, you are supposed to go school today.” You reminded. “Why are you still at home?”

 

“Hoya. Where are you?”

 

Just then, you heard a female voice calling from inside the house. A young girl with thick makeup and towel wrapping around her body walked out into the living room. She spotted Hoya at the door and s her arms around his waist. “Hoya~. Why are you awaked so early?” She grumbled. Just then, she finally noticed you. “Who is this cute girl? Is she one of your chicks too?” She studied you, showing a tint of jealousy.

 

You looked away, feeling very awkward to be standing here.

 

Hoya saw you and smirked. “She’s my new counselor.” He introduced with a scoff.

“Your counselor looks young.” She commented sourly. Hoya let out a sarcastic laugh and whispered something into her ears. She giggled and slapped his arm.

 

You bit your lips, feeling slightly humiliated by how they ignored your existence. Their giggling voices made you even uncomfortable. “I-I better get going then. We’ll find a time and meet at the centre instead.” You suggested.

 

Hoya shrugged cooly. “Fine with me. I won’t send you out. Bye.” And with that, he shut the door right at your face. You gaped at him, unable to believe how mean he was. He was so much ruder than Jihoo.

 

You let out a heavy sigh and messaged your aching temple. *Looks like my days won’t be easy.* You thought.