Denial

Dangerous Boy

The next few days, Hoya always had you in his mind. Even in his dreams, you were always there. And this was beginning to scare him. He did not know why is he being like this. Somewhere deep inside, he guessed he knew. 

 

*Could it be...?* He thought. "Anniya... It couldn't be... right? How could I like someone older than me? And she's my councellor!* He mentally slapped himself. "Aish..." Frustrated, he took out a cigaratte from the box and lit it up.

 

"Eh, I thought you've stop smoking?" Woohyun gasped when he saw Hoya taking a puff from the cigarette.

Hoya rolled his eyes. "Since when did I?"

 

Woohyun sat down beside him and grinned. "Since you had that pretty counsellor." He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Her again?" Hoya scowled, feeling a bit pissed. *Why is everything about her?* He held up the cigarette and pulled in more smoke. 

"Waeyo?" Woohyun finally sensed that Hoya was troubled. "Did something happen?"

 

Hoya shot Woohyun a look, wondering if he should ask Woohyun for advice. Afterall, Woohyun dated a lot of girls before. *Even more than I could count.* Hoya thought. After contemplating for a long while, he decided to speak up. "Have you ever liked... a noona before?"

 

Woohyun blinked, slightly surprised that Hoya would say something like this. "Yeah." He smiled sheepishly. "I've date a few before too."

 

"Oh..." Hoya bit his lips and looked away. 

"Wae?" Woohyun got curious and pushed Hoya's shoulder lightly. "You fell for a noona? Don't tell me it's your counsellor." Woohyun hinted with a smirk.

 

"A-Anniya!" Hoya quickly got on his feet. His face went pink. "H-How could I fall for that naggy ahjumma!" He denied.

 

"Psk. She's just a few years older than you." Woohyun reminded. 

 

"W-Whatever!" Hoya snapped and stormed off, leaving Woohyun behind. Woohyun blinked at Hoya's unexpected temper. *Must he get so agitated? I was just joking...* 

 

***

 

After Hoya left Woohyun, he was walking down the streets of Hongdae alone.

"Who does that Nam Woohyun think he is?" Hoya clutched his fist. "Mwoh? I like ~~~~?! How is this possible?!" He scoffed and kicked the empty can on the ground. The can flew a few metres away and crashed into the concrete wall.

 

"Who says I like her?" Hoya grumbled and shoved his hand into his pocket. He took out his phone and dialled a familiar number. "Ah, Woori ah, are you free now? What? Clubbing. Sure. Count me in." He ended the call and headed to the location with a smirk on his face. *I can go find other girls too. It doesn't have to be her.* 

 

Within an hour time, Hoya entered the club and the blasting music made him felt much better. It let him forget about you momentarily.

"Oppa!" Woori ran towards him and gave him a hug. Hoya chuckled. "So... made any friends?" He hinted, only to earn a slap on the chest. Woori pouted. "You're here just to check out hot chicks, aren't you?"

 

Hoya shrugged, not denying anything. Woori was his friend for benefits. And she knew him best.

 

"Araso." She pulled him over to the bar table. "This is Minah." She introduced. Hoya's smirk widened when he saw the y figure in front of him. "Hey. I'm Hoya." He held out his hand.

 

Minah shook his hand with a knowing smile. *What else would a guy wants if he talks to a girl in the club?* "Hi. Nice to meet you." She flashed him her most confident smile. Woori rolled her eyes and decided to leave both of them alone. 

 

"Do you wanna dance?" Hoya swung his arms around her neck and suggested with a whisper. He eyed at her wavy curves.

Minah returned him with a seducing glance. "Sure." 

 

In the end, both of them went to the dancefloor and started dancing. Hoya was enjoying it at first, until he thought he saw someone who looked like you, headbobbing to the music. His mind rewinded back to the day he first saw you danced at the club. 

 

He shook his head and blinked hard. When he stared back to the same direction again, you were no longer there. "Waeyo?" Minah noticed his distraction and asked.

"Nothing." Hoya smiled weakly and continued dancing to the beat.

 

Minah wrapped her arms around Hoya and grinded her body against his hard chest. Hoya furrowed his eyebrows at the skin contact. He thought that her actions were too much. *~~~~ would never do that.* He thought automatically.

 

All of a sudden, Hoya lost his interest in dancing with Minah. Instead, he just pushed her away lightly and walked off, leaving Minah in a daze. "O-Oppa!" Minah snapped but Hoya did not turn back again.