Running Away

Dangerous Boy

 

As days went by, Hoya grew more aggressive in getting closer to you. Gradually, you realized that he could affect your emotions much easily than you thought. Knowing the dangerous possibilities that this could lead to, you had to do something to stop it.

 

“Are you sure you want to pass over Lee Howon’s case to another counselor?” Mrs Jung asked with a frown as she took the file from your hands. “Lee Howon has been showing improvement in his behavior ever since you were in charge…”

 

“I’m sorry, Mrs Jung.” You lowered your head and bowed. “There are some personal issues and I believe I am no longer a suitable candidate to handle his case.”

 

Mrs Jung glanced at you from the corner of her eyes. “I don’t think you are that kind of person who gives up easily. Is it because of Lee Howon?”

 

Your heart skipped a beat. *Is it that obvious?* You panicked slightly  “N-No. It’s because I am going to have my final exams soon. I thought I would have lesser time for Hoya. It would be unfair for him.”

 

“I see.” Mrs Jung pushed her spectacles and nodded. “I will find a replacement for his case by next week. Don’t worry and focus on your final exams.”

 

You finally smiled. “Thank you, Mrs Jung. If there is nothing more, I shall take my leave.”

 

“Sure.” She smiled back.

 

Feeling relieved, you proceeded to the door. Just then, you remembered something. You turned back to her. “Mrs Jung?”

 

She looked up from the documents with a confused look. “Is there anything else, ~~~~~?”

 

“Can you not notify Lee Howon of the changes until the new counselor arrives?”

 

Mrs Jung blinked in surprise. “I guess I can do that. But why?”

 

“I…” You bit on your lower lip. *I can’t tell her it’s because I’m scared of Hoya’s reaction, right?*

 

Mrs Jung noticed your discomfort and she shook her head. She was never a nosy person. “Never mind. I will tell Lee Howon when his new counselor comes.”

 

Your shoulders relaxed. “Thank you.”

 

***

 

“We shall end our session here today.” You shut your file and stood up. You gazed down at Hoya who was playing with his pen.

 

*Today is our last session.* You remembered. *After today, we will have no more relation or obligations with each other.* As this thought came into your mind, you felt a slight reluctance. But you shook it off. It was the best decision to make.

 

Hoya felt your gaze and he lifted his eyes to see you frowning deeply. “What is with your face? Feeling vexed over something?” He propped his chin and guessed.

 

You stiffened. “Anniyo. Just feeling a bit tired.” You whipped your head and pretended to be busy arranging your notes.

Hoya raised an eyebrow, not believing your words.

 

“Are you free tonight?” He asked out of a sudden.

 

“Why?” You asked without looking at him.

 

“Do you want to see me dance?”

 

You stopped your actions and gaped at him. After the time when you discovered his interest, it was the first time he invited you to see him dance. It was surprising because he was always reluctant to show this serious side of him to you. Dancing was his treasured secret.

 

When Hoya saw your startled look, he blushed slightly. He knew he must have sounded abnormal.

But he really liked you and felt that it should be time to let you know everything about him. You were special, different from his previous girlfriends.

 

You looked away from his eager eyes. It pricked a little inside when you knew that this would be the last time. All these time, he might have been mean and rebellious. But you knew he had slowly changed, all because of you.

 

“So, you’re coming?”

 

You pulled a smile and nodded. “Sure.”