How it all started

Dangerous Boy

 

“XXX road…” You read the address in the notebook again. “It should be here somewhere. Where is it?” You turned your head around, trying to look for the white building among all the tall grey buildings.

Just then, you spotted a familiar signboard which wrote – Nothing’s Over. Your smile widened. *There it is!* You kept your notebook into your bag and headed towards it.

Once you entered the building, you found your way to the reception counter.

 

“Excuse me?” You took a look at the busy receptionist.

 

She looked up at you. “Annyeonghaseyo, how can I help you?” She asked with a friendly smile.

“I want to register for volunteering as a counselor here. Can I know what are the procedures?”

She studied you. Her eyebrows furrowed. “You seemed young. Are you over 18?”

 

You grinned and scratched your head. “Yes. I’m 21 this year.” You said with an embarrassed smile. People always thought you looked younger than your age.

 

Her eyes rounded in shock. “Oh, I see. You can fill up these forms and wait for our call. Once you were accepted, you have attend a few training courses before you can officially become a counselor.” She explained in detail and handed you a few pieces of paper.

 

“Oh! Kamsahamnida!” You bowed at the older lady and ran towards the direction of the benches at the side to fill the form.

 

Just when you were running, you accidently knocked into a guy who was walking from the side and fell to the floor. The papers in your hand scattered at all directions. “Ah!” You yelped at the pain from your backside. Upon realizing that it was your fault, you immediately apologized. “Mianhamnida.”

 

You looked up at the guy whom you had just knocked. He was wearing a high school uniform which was carelessly tugged out and his tie was done sloppily around his neck. He raised an eyebrow at you. “Pabo.” He scoffed and swung his bag behind his back before walking off. He did not even bother helping you up. Instead, he even stepped on the papers on the floor while leaving.

 

You frowned in disapproval at how rude this guy was. *He must be one of the teenagers who needed help.* You thought as you picked up the papers on the floor. *If I face teenagers like him in future, I must work harder to change them!*

 

2 weeks later…

 

You were studying at home when you suddenly received a call, telling you that your application was successful. You let out a scream in joy. “AHHH! I DID IT!” You jumped up and down on your bed. After feeling tired from all the jumping, you fell on the bed, smiling.

 

*Jihoo ya…* You took a glance at the photo of a smiling boy in the photo frame beside the bed. *Noona will help many other boys like you, and not let them suffer the same fate as you.*

 

You shut your tired eyes and recalled the day when you lost your only family. Jihoo has always been a nice boy until he meet those guys who led him astray. You did not like it and always nagged him about it. Gradually, you and your brother drifted apart due to the frequent conflicts. Until one day, he got killed in the fight among the gangs. That was when you decided, you have to help a lot more people before they become just like your brother.