Hoya's Changes

Dangerous Boy

It was a weekend and since both you and Hoya have no school, you arranged a meeting with him again. Sitting in the small room, Hoya was unusually quiet today. He did not look at you in the eye, instead, he keep himself preoccupied by spinning the pen in his fingers. You knew that he still feel awkward about the counselling, so you decided to take it slow and easy.

 

"So how's your week?" You smiled widely. "Anything fun to share?"

 

"Nothing." He muttered coldly, trying to hide his emotion under his poker face.

"Keurae?" You grinned. "I heard from your umma that you improved a lot these days. You no longer smoke a lot or throw cuss words at people."

Hoya frowned. *Umma told her that? What are their relationship now?*

 

"Now, how do you feel when you started to improve?" You asked gently.

Hoya shrugged. "Molla."

 

"Huh?" You raised an eyebrow in suspicion. You had followed him to school secretly for a few occassions, wanting to check on him. And so you knew about the changes in him and the people around him. "Don't you feel that your classmates became closer to you? Or your teacher started to be more nicer to you?" You hinted, hoping to create a deeper conversation with him.

 

Hoya tilted his head and thought. *Eh? How does she know about it?* A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "I think so..." He trailed off and he went back to spinning the pen in his hand again.

 

You sighed in disappointment. Hoya seemed to be really quiet these days. *I wonder why... I rather he tease me than to keep everything to himself. Could it be.... Did I do anything wrong and anger him?*

 

"Hoya." You bit your lower lip, unsure.

"Wae?" Hoya answered without looking away from the pen.

 

"Did I do anything that made you angry?" You meekily asked.

Hoya stopped spinning his pen and finally glanced up to meet your eyes. He swallowed hard and looked away again. "Nope." He started to spin his pen even faster, creating soft whipping sound in the quiet room.

 

You pulled a face. "I did something, did I?" 

"Ani." He softly answered, beginning to feel guilty. 

 

"Mianhae, Hoya." You apologised. "If there is anything noona done that made you irritated, noona apologise to you, ok?"

Hoya blinked, not expecting an apology from you. "You did nothing wrong." He said. "It was just.... Aish." He ruffled his hair, his face turning pink. "I can't say it."

 

"Eh?" You went confused. "Why can't you tell me? Is it something about me?"

"J-Just don't ask." His face went even redder.

 

You pouted unwillingly. "Araso." You suddenly stood up from the seat, and took your bag.

Hoya stared at you. "Where are you going? The session ended already?"

 

"Ani." You gave him a mysterious smile. "Let's have an outdoor session today." You suggested.

 

"Outdoor session?"

 

***

 

You were standing at the ticket booth with Hoya. Since you suggested for this outing, you went to pay for both of your tickets.

"Here?" He raised an eyebrow, slightly surprised.

 

"Mmhmm." You bought the tickets and handed him one. "Isn't it great to have fun?" You beamed.

He rolled his eyes. "Everland.... Seriously?" He scoffed. "I'm never going into kid's amusement park." His long legs started to head another direction.

 

"WAIT!" You blew a raspberry and pulled him back. "Just treat it as accompanying me, ok? Please~" You pleaded.

Hoya stared at your face for a second. He did not know what was happening, but his lips parted automatically. "A-Araso..." 

 

"Jinjja?!" You blinked, a bit surprised that it did not take much effort for him to agree with you.

 

He nodded with a sulk on his face. "Yeah yeah yeah.... Let's just go..." 

You giggled at how unwilling he looked. "I'm sure we'll have fun today. You should treat it as a reward from me, you know."

 

"Tsk." Hoya gave you a dirty look and turned around so that his back faced you. His lips tugged up into an amused smile. *Jinjja... How come I would fall for a girl like her?*

 

***

In the end, you and Hoya entered Everland. As it has been a long time since you visited this place, you were fascinated with all the rides in the amusement park. You excitedly dragged Hoya towards one of the rides. 

 

"Let's play that!" You pointed at the Viking ship. Loud screams could be heard as the ship swung up and down. *So exciting!* You recalled the last time you came here with Jihoo. Both of you loved that ride.

"I don't want." Hoya scowled. It was not because Hoya was afraid of it. But he always thought it looked stupid. *Those people are just like sitting on a huge swing... it's not fun at all...*

 

"Come on..." You ignored his reluctance and just pulled him towards the queue. "It'll be fun." You reassured.

Hoya pulled a face. *Psk, what's so fun about it?"

 

When it was your turn to board the ship, you took his hand and brought him to the last row of seat at the end of the ship. Hoya did not understand the reason for picking the end. "Why must we go here? It's so squeezy. We should sit in the middle row. It seemed larger..."

 

"No." You shook your head and grinned. "You will only feel the real excitement when you sit at the last row."

Hoya furrowed his eyebrows. *Excitement?* 

 

The bars came down and secured both you and Hoya. You let out a squeak. "Omomomomomo." You held on the bar tightly. Hoya smirked. *I guess this is the time to show how manly I can be.* He thought and crossed his arms behind his head.

 

You blinked at him. "You sure you don't need to hold this bar?"

"Nope." He flashed you a bad boy smile. You giggled at his actions. "Suits yourself then."

 

Just then, the ride started. Hoya was relaxed when it started going slightly up and coming down slowly. *It was not scary at all, just as I expected.* 

However, to his surprise, the ride started to increase in its momentum and Hoya was beginning to grow sick. The way the ship rushed down from its highest point, made his intestines tangled up together. Unknowingly, his hand gripped on the bars. *Oh man... I feel sick...* His knuckles turned white.

 

"AH!" You screamed beside him. "OMONA!"

Hoya bit down hard on his teeth, as he waited for the ride to end. 

 

After a few minutes, the viking ship slowed down and stopped. You got off the seat, feeling refreshed while Hoya walked weakly behind you. *... My stomach feel weird...*

 

Sensing that the boy was taking too long, you turned around to face him. "Waeyo? Are you feeling sick because of the ride?"

"Bwoh? Me sick? Of course not." Hoya snorted and stood up straight. "I can play it again if you want to."

 

You giggled. *His face looked sick though.* You knew but decided to let him off. "Should we go and buy some snacks?" You suggested.

Hoya shrugged carelessly. "Anything."

 

You then brought him to a snack bar. The ahjumma smiled widely when she saw both of you standing side by side. "Aigoo, cute couple. What would you like?"

You blinked. "C-couple?" You gave Hoya a look. "Anniya ahjumma, we are not a couple." You explained.

 

Hoya pulled a face when he heard you. *Am I that bad?* He ignored you and pointed. "2 corndogs please."

To your surprise, he dug out his money and paid for it.

 

You were taken aback, slightly touched by his manners. "Oh, you're paying for me?"

"Just eat it." He took the corndogs from the ahjumma and shoved one at your face.

 

You grinned widely as you squeezed the ketchup on the corndog. *Hoya's changed...* You stole a glance at Hoya beside you, suddenly feeling proud as his counsellor. Happily, you took a big bite of the corndog. "Mmm, it's so delicious." You said. It has been a while since you ate these.

 

Hoya gave you a look. His gaze stopped at the ketchup on the corner of your lips. "Aish... You look stupid" He hissed and held his hand up. You frowned when he stretched his hand towards you. *What is he planning to do?* 

 

His hand stopped when it was just right in front of your lips. Your eyes rounded when you felt his fingertips swiped past the corner of your lips. You froze, not knowing what to do. You were stunned by his actions, feeling your heart did a flip flop. *D-Did he just cleaned my mouth with his finger?*

 

Hoya wiped the ketchup stain off your lips as if nothing was wrong. He saw you dazing out and grinned. "Wae? Falling for me?" He teased.

 

You felt your cheeks heated up. "Anniya!" You faked and slapped his arms lightly to hide your embarassment. "How can I fall for you, cute dongsaeng?" You quickly turned your face away and did an awkward laugh. *Why am I like this...? Aish... Pabo... Get a grip over yourself....*

 

Hoya's eyebrows furrowed at your words. "Bwoh? I'm not cute, ok? I'm a man." He insisted.

 

"Arasso..." You avoided his gaze and quickly walked away. Hoya finally felt something was wrong with you. *Why is she avoiding me? Does she really think I am like a kid?* He felt a bit angered. That was the last impression which he wanted you to have on him. "Yah!" Immediately, he grabbed your wrist and yanked you back. 

 

You spunned around and looked at him, wide-eyed. "W-Wae?" 

Hoya stared into your eyes. And without warning, he bent down and pressed his lips on yours. He slowly put his hand behind your head, holding you in place as he deepened the kiss.

Everything went blank in your mind. *W-Why did he...? Is he kissing me?! H-How come?* You got lost in the kiss, not realising what was reality or dream. Hoya's tongue continued grazing on your lips until you automatically parted it for him. You did not know why, but it just happened so naturally.

 

Just then, the kid's laughters from the side woke you up. Your eyes widened when you realised what both of you were doing. Using all your strength, you pushed him away. "A-Andwae!" You gaped at him as if he had lost his mind. "This is wrong!" You gasped and wiped your mouth, trying to get rid of every part of his scent on you.

 

"Wrong?" Hoya smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Why? Noona's a girl and I'm a guy. Why is it wrong? Huh?" He asked instead. After that kiss, he already admitted to himself that he had fallen for you. Seeing you denying the mutual attraction between both of you, literally pissed him off. "You liked it, didn't you?" He pointed.

 

Your face turned white. You were afraid to know the truth in his words. "No!" You lied immediately. "Stop it Hoya.... We.... just can't..." You panicked, not knowing how to explain things to him. *I'm his counsellor!!! This is wrong! I'm supposed to help him as a student! Not to become lover or what!!!* You felt your brain about to split because of the sudden change in the situation. *Everything was fine before he kissed me.... GOSH! What is wrong with me?! Why did I react to his kiss like a little girl?!?!* You rubbed your temple, trying to soothe the pain.

 

Hoya narrowed his eyes at you. "Can't?" He scoffed. "Do I, Lee Howon, look like a guy who will back out because people say no?"

 

You looked up to meet his determined gaze. Something in his eyes told you that you will be in trouble. You swallowed hard. *O-ttoke....?*