Incidental Kiss?

Dangerous Boy

 

Few hours later, you arrived at the entrance of a sport stadium. Despite it was a weekday; the entrance of the stadium was packed with people wearing T-shirts for their favorite team. You frowned, not expecting the place where Yunho suggested, was the stadium.

 

“Why are you bringing me here?”

 

“To release your stress.” He handed you a pair of tickets and took 2 pairs of cheering stick balloons.

 

“Huh? How can I release stress here?” You studied the ticket. “Baseball match? But I don’t even know who are these teams.”

 

“Never mind about that.” He gave you a cheeky grin. “It’s about time. Let’s go in!” Without answering to your question, Yunho took your hand and dragged you into the stadium.

 

Although confused, you still followed him in. *And I was hoping he would bring me to somewhere… more romantic or fun.* You thought with regret.

 

***

 

After searching for a few minutes, Yunho spotted your seats among the audience. Carefully, both of you squeezed through the cheering audience and managed to reach your seats in time for the match to begin.

 

Yunho’s eyes glistened in excitement. He held out the cheering stick balloons and gave a pair to you. “Hold it and cheer for any team who scores. WOOOT!” Suddenly, Yunho let out a shout for the team entering.

 

You pouted your lips unhappily. “Sunbae… this is so weird…” You confessed, not liking the idea of shouting out loud in public.

 

“It’s fun!” He reassured. “Come on! No one will notice you shouting among all the cheering voices.”

 

You raised your eyebrow in suspicion. “Really?”

 

Just then, a team managed to get a homerun. Suddenly, everyone in the stadium roared as the baseball flew across the large field. “WOOOOOT!” Yunho hit the cheering sticks happily and gave you a nudge. “Do it! Hurry!”

 

You warily held your cheering sticks up and followed his actions. “Woo~”

 

“Is that what you can do? Come on… Louder!”

 

You pulled a face. “Of course I can do louder...” You mumbled under your breath. “WOOOOOT!” You shouted and slapped the cheering sticks crazily until you went short of breath.

 

Surprised by your outburst, the ahjussi sitting in front of your seat gave you a weird look. You saw him and quickly lowered your volume. However, you were so amused that you started giggling.

 

Yunho spotted your smile and he knew you were in a better mood now. “So how was it? Great?”

 

“Mm.” You nodded with a satisfied grin. “It’s fun to cheer with the crowd. It’s exciting.”

 

“See? Sunbae knows best.” He winked and flashed an arrogant smug look.

 

“Mwoh ya, sunbae?” You rolled your eyes but could not hide your smile. *Sunbae is such a nice guy… How I wish my boyfriend would be someone like him…* Upon recognizing your improper thoughts, your face grew red. *Omo! ~~~~~ ah, what are you even hoping for? Sunbae is such a great guy, he will never like a girl like you….*

 

Your shoulders slumped in frustration. *The guy you like will never like you back. And instead… Hoya said he likes me… What is this reality…?*

 

 

***

 

An hour passed and first half of the games have ended. You were dazing away, waiting for the match to resume when you realized the atmosphere is starting to get hyped up.

 

Confused, you turned to Yunho and asked, “ Sunbae, is the match starting already? I thought it's still break time?”

 

Before Yunho could explain to you, a voice boomed through the speakers of the stadium, “Jajaja, yeoreobun! It’s your favourite time of the match now! Let’s see who will be the lucky chosen ones for our special corner today!”  

 

Upon hearing the MC's voice, the crowd immediately stood and cheered rowdily.

 

You blinked. *Is there a special corner in a baseball match?* You turned and looked at Yunho who shook his head with a smile.

"It's just a game they had here to entertain the fans. Nothing much, don't worry." He reassured.

 

Afraid that you could not hear him properly, he leaned in towards you and explained, “It’s a segment where the cameras will pick out people to carry out missions. Usually there are about 3-4 missions and different people are picked. The audiences are really spontaneous.”

 

Before you could fully digest what Yunho just explained, you suddenly noticed both Yunho and you appeared on the wide LED screen. Your eyes widened in shock. *OMG!* Embarrassed with how your face appeared on screen, you quickly hid your face. However, the whole stadium began to chant the same thing in unison.

 

“Bobo hae! Bobo hae! Bobo hae... (Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!)”

 

With widened eyes and a blushing face, you jerked your head towards Yunho, hoping that he will help you get out of the sticky situation. Instead, you were greeted by an equally blushing red face and a sheepish grin.

 

"W-What are they saying, sunbae?" You stuttered in confusion. *Why are they asking us to kiss?*

Yunho, who knew what happened, rubbed the back of his neck. He was surprised too. Never did he expected that he and you will become the target for this special corner, where couples were picked by the camera PD to kiss in front of the whole stadium of audience.

 

*Should I kiss her now?* He eyed around the anticipating audience, feeling a bit stressed.

 

"Sunbae?" You tugged his sleeves, hoping for some explanation.

 

Yunho twisted his head your way and stared at you for a while. Deep inside, he wanted to kiss you (not only because of the reaction from the crowd), but he was worried that you might think that he was a bad guy.

 

"~~~~~ ah, I'm sorry." He mumbled something like this before leaning closer all of a sudden.

 

*Mwoh?*

 

You froze in shock when both your lips touched each other. Your eyes fluttered close, not knowing how to react to his sudden ‘attack’. Your world seemed to be spinning when Yunho’s soft lips were lightly pressed against your tightly pursed ones. After what seemed like hours, his lips left yours, leaving you stoned.

 

The spectators’ ohhhs and ahhhs brought you out of your trance. Both of you recovered from the kiss and had a slight eye contact before you turned slightly away from him out of embarrassment, looking at everything except him.

 

"Sunbae... Why?" Millions of questions shot through your mind, you had no idea why that kiss happened.

 

Yunho swallowed hard. "Mianhae. It's a common practice here that whenever a couple's face appeared on screen during the special corner, they will have to kiss." He explained and threw you a wary glance. "~~~~ ah, you won't get angry at me... right?"

 

"N-No... I won't." You cupped your burning cheeks. *So... it's just because of the special corner? Nothing else?*

 

Things turned awkward between you and Yunho and in an attempt to break the deafening silence among both of you, you fanned yourself while trying to strike up a conversation with him.

 

“Why is it suddenly so hot here? Don’t you feel it too sunbae?”

 

“Eh? Oh yea.. It’s hot here. Here, have a cold drink to cool yourself down.”

 

When Yunho passed you the bottle of chilled coke, you bowed a little while taking the bottle from him. While doing so, your hands touched his and you immediately retreated at the millisecond touch.

 

You bit you lips, wondering if your heart will explode from the skin contact. "T-Thank you."

 

After taking a sip of coke, you brought it towards your cheeks, hoping that it will soothe the burning heat it was exuding. Fortunately enough, the second half of the match started soon, and you were glad that it saved you from the awkward atmosphere between you and Yunho.

 

However, you were now too distracted to concentrate on the baseball match anymore. Every minute, you would find yourself stealing glances at Yunho's face. *Did he feel anything during that kiss? Was it just because of that special corner?*

 

While deep in your own thoughts, time flew by. You did not even know that the match has ended and every one was leaving until Yunho tapped you on your shoulder.

 

"We should go now." He smiled as if nothing has happened.

You grew red. "S-Sure..." You quickly got up from your seat. 

 

"Let me carry your bag for you." Yunho saw your heavy bag and offered. Without even waiting for your reply, he took your bag and swung it over his broad shoulders.

You felt your heart skipped a beat due to his action. *He's such a gentleman...*

 

While exiting the stadium, you found Yunho grabbing your hands tightly as he protected you from all the other people who were rushing out at the same time.  

 

Being the gentleman he is, Yunho escorted you home as it was already quite late at night and you just nodded at his suggestion.

 

The journey home however, was as quiet and both of you only had exchanged short questions. You stole secret glances at Yunho periodically and you noticed that he kept rubbing his neck, with a frown etched on his face, as if there was something important to tell you.

 

Not being able to take it anymore, you stopped in your tracks and faced Yunho.

 

“Sunbae, is there anything worrying you? You seem to be very distracted after the match.”

 

~~~~~ a-ah, the k-kiss just now, really... I-I-I hope you don’t mind. It’s just the only way to end it quick.” He explained again, hoping that this incident would not affect your relationship with him.

 

“Yeah, I understand. It’s just for fun right? I mean, it always happens during the matches right? Hahaha…” You gave a dry laughter before continuing your walk home. Little did you know that someone heard the conversation between both of you.

 

At your doorstep, you thanked Yunho for the day and bade him goodbye. As he made his way home, you fished out your keys from your bag and started to unlock the gates when you felt someone grab your wrists, dropping your keys in the process.

 

“What do you think you were doing at the baseball match just now?! How could you kiss him?!” Hoya seethed in anger and you were stunned to see him at your doorstep.

 

“H-Hoya, what are you doing at my house?! It’s so late already! You should be at home right now!” Despite how shocked you were at his sudden presence, you were worried about his safety as it was already at night.

 

"Let's talk, ~~~~." He just ignored your questions and pointed to your door. "Are you going to go in now? Or do you want your neighbour to hear us?"

 

"Mwoh?" You gaped at him in disbelief. "We can just talk tomorrow, you should go home now. " You put on your counsellor front and chided him. "Why are you even here?"

 

However, instead of listening to you, he picked up your bunch of keys from the ground, unlocked the gates and invited himself into your house.

 

Your eyes rounded. *WHAT DID HE JUST DO? DID HE JUST BARGED INTO MY HOME?*

 

When you finally recovered from your shock, you ran in after him. "What do you think you're doing? Hoya!"