Guilty or Innocent

I'll Be Good

  * Yoongi entered his lunch number in and waited patiently for the lunch lady to say her everyday line, "Thank you, enjoy your day!"

He turned his back towards the lady and begin to walk. Yoongi looked around the cafeteria to find his best friend. It took him a few seconds to notice Jungkook. His best friend was sitting next to a girl that must've been in one of their classes. Yoongi smiled brightly and made his way in their direction, taking a seat.

"Hey." Jungkook said, starting the conversation.

"Hey." he said quietly.

"I'm Rose." the girl said, holding out her hand.

Rose and Yoongi shook hands very briefly.

"Nice to meet you," the two said.

"This is when you notice that he forgot his name." Jungkook blurted out, shoving a forkful of salad into his mouth.

Rose elbowed Jungkook softly. "I know who he is. Min Yoongi, right?" she looked at him.

Yoongi nodded.

"So, Jungkook told me that you volunteer at the elderly home after school?" 

"Yeah, he's right."

"Ah, I've been thinking that Jungkook should go and help you out." Rose giggled and nudged Jungkook.

Jungkook nudged the girl back and smiled. "I can't. I have court after school."

"Oh, right. I forgot about that."

Rose frowned. "Did he do anything wrong?"

Yoongi smirked.

The girl's mouth dropped.

"He's kidding. It's something else."

"Tell me?" Rose asked, politely.

"I will soon. After everything's resolved." Jungkook replied.

"Wait, maybe Jungkook can come. He doesn't have to go to court until an hour after school." 

"That shoulds like a great idea. Can I come?" Rose begged.

Yoongi smiled as Rose threw her arms around him from across the table.

Jungkook smiled. "Well, I'm gonna head to class. Yoongi, you comin'?" 

"No, I'm staying." Yoongi replied and drank from his water bottle. 

Rose and Jungkook got up from the table and threw away their leftover food. Rose closed the gap between her and Jungkook, poking at him as they left the cafeteria. 

An unfamilar guy plopped down next to Yoongi.

Yoongi turned his head to see who it was. Of course, it was the last person on earth he wouldn't want to talk to.

Jimin.

Yoongi pulled the water bottle away from his mouth. "Dude, are you seriously following me?" 

"No.." Jimin smiled and distanced himself from Yoongi as if he were afraid.

"What do you want? Just to be clear, I don't have what you want." Yoongi stood up and grabbed his tray. He felt a warm hand wrap around his wrist as he got pulled back down in his seat. 

"I don't want to talk with you. Nor look at you." Yoongi stated.

Jimin sighed roughly. "I'm sorry, okay?"

Yoongi sat there and shook his head. "Sorry doesn't cut what you did in math class."

He stood up again and walked away, throwing his trash away angrily.


 

* A few hours after school *

Yoongi opened the door and found a spot to put his belongings as he walked up to the front desk.

"How can I help you?" the lady asked, politely.

"I'm a volunteer here." Yoongi slightly smiled.

"Name, sir?"

"Min Yoongi." he answered.

She nodded and smiled. "Here's your name tag."

Yoongi took it from her and attached it to his shirt.

"Where do I go?" he questioned.

"There's no such thing as going anywhere, honey. You volunteer and help these precious elders." she smiled.

He smiled back. "Thank you."

She nodded again and got back to her computer.

Yoongi walked away from the front desk and started greeting elders around him.

Later on, he received a tap on the shoulder.

Yoongi whipped around and had a bright look on his face. "Jungkook! You came!" 

"Of course, I was bored so I thought about coming."

Yoongi bit his lip. "Good for you. Anyway, can you help me clean up this game? I might have played go fish with a couple of elders and beat them." he laughed.

"Wow, someone's competitive." Jungkook smiled and helped Yoongi clean up the cards and put them back in the box.

"Where's Rose?" Yoongi asked.

"In the bathroom."

He nodded. "Do you like her?"

"No, we just met. Friendship comes first." Jungkook smirked and threw an arm around Yoongi.

"You're learning from me so well." Yoongi sarcastically said.

Rose came out of the bathroom and noticed how Yoongi and Jungkook were close. She walked up to the boys and smiled. "Such bromance between you two!"

"Ew, no." Yoongi pushed Jungkook away.

Rose laughed and took Jungkook's arm in hers.

"Alright, you two can go ahead and play some games with the elders. I have some cleaning to do over here."

"Pushing us away already, huh?" Rose smirked.

"Most definitely." Yoongi smiled.

Rose rolled her eyes and walked away with Jungkook by her side.

Yoongi folded a blanket and put it back on the couch, fluffed the pillows how it should be, and organized magazines by alphabetical order.

"Here, let me help you with that." someone bent down on their knees and helped Yoongi.

"Thank you, could use the extra help." Yoongi smiled as he put the magazines back in the slot.

The person was a male, had brown hair, and an attractive face.

The unknown boy stood up. "Need a hand?" 

"No, not really." Yoongi stood up on his own.

"Gotcha." the boy said.

"I'm Yoongi, nice to meet you."

"Hoseok. You're new here, huh?" 

"Yes, indeed. It's a pleasure to be here."

"Sure is. I'm glad you already like it here."

Yoongi nodded and smiled. "Well, my shift is over. Sadly, I have a thirty-minute shift."

"You do? Well, I'll see if I can get you a longer shift." the boy smiled.

"He's so cute!" Yoongi thought to himself.

"No, you don't have to do that. I mean, as long as I'm working here." Yoong answered.

"No, I want to. I really want to get to know you." 

Is he seriously flirting?

"No, don't." Yoongi felt like the main attraction to everyone today. He smiled once again to the boy and grabbed his things, leaving the elderly home.

He spotted Jungkook against the car and Rose against him, playing with his shirt and ing the top button. 

"Um, excuse me." Yoongi walked closer to the two as they separated from each other.

"Sorry." Jungkook smirked, wiping his lips.

"I see. You two are seriously going to make out in front of an elderly home? No one wants to see that. Especially me!" 

Rose laughed. "Chill." 

"Anyway, you guys can't come with me to court. I shall go by myself." Jungkook said.

"Why? Are you okay?" Rose asked.

"I'm okay, but I don't want you guys to know what happened with me a while back until this situation is resolved."

Yoongi nodded. "I get it."

"Can you walk Rose home?" Jungkook asked.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "This chick?"

Rose scoffed and softly bumped into Yoongi.

Yoongi smiled sarcastically. "Yeah, I'll take her home. Take care of what's yours."

"Thanks."

Rose pecked Jungkook's lips. "I'll text you later."

"No, I'll come to your house." Jungkook pulled Rose closer.

"Oh, will you?" Rose smiled as she kissed Jungkook.

"Can you guys stop?" Yoongi asked.

They pulled away. 

"I wasn't aware you two were dating." Yoongi frowned.

Jungkook sighed and got into his car.

"Yeah, that's fine. No one tells me anything!" 

Jungkook drove off.


 

* Jungkook walked in the court room and stood in the front row.

A few minutes later, the criminal came out of the other side door and sat next to the judge.

He smirked at Jungkook, biting his lip.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Jeon Jungkook?" the judge announced.

"Yes, your honor?" he replied back.

"You're aware Taehyung Kim has kidnapped you in the past, right, sir?" 

"Yes, I'm still aware." 

The judge nodded. "Do you believe that Taehyung is guilty or innocent?"

It took Jungkook a long time to answer. He hesitated. Jungkook looked over at the criminal and found him smirking. He looked back at the judge and looked her straight in the eyes. He spoke. "I believe he's innocent, your honor."

The judge nodded once again. "Thank you, Jeon."

Jungkook nodded. 

"Kim Taehyung is released from prison, but shall be put under house arrest for the next couple of days." the judge announced and got up from her chair, leaving the court room.

Jungkook looked at the criminal once again and shook his head before leaving the court room.

 

Guilty or Innocent?