Step By Step

I'll Be Good

The next day..

 

* The bell rang and students grabbed their supplies and books in order to get to the bus in time. 

Yoongi ran up to his locker and put the books he leaves at school if there's no homework. Jungkook came up to him and smiled. "Hey."

"Hey." Yoongi looked up and back down at his book bag.

"You okay?" Jungkook rubbed Yoongi's arm. "just out of curiosity."

Yoongi smiled and shut his locker slowly. "Yeah, thanks for worrying about me when not necessary."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and punched Yoongi in the arm softly. 

"So, ready to go?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, I'll drop you off at the elderly home, but first, I have to get a snack from the vending machine. I'll be back."

Yoongi nodded once as Jungkook disappeared around the corner of the hallway.

He faced the other direction and started walking to Mrs. Park's classroom. Once he reached the classroom, he knocked on the door as the door creaked open.

"Come in." Mrs. Park said softly.

Yoongi came up and went up to her desk.

Mrs. Park looked up. "Yes, Yoongi? Are you here for after school tutoring?" she asked.

Yoongi looked up at the students who were looking down at their text books. "Um, no."

"Why are you here?" she asked in a polite manner that didn't sound so rude.

"Where's your son..?"

"Mr. Park, you mean?"

Yoongi nodded.

"He should be in the men's bathroom."

"Thanks."

Yoongi his heel and started walking towards the door.

"And Yoongi, sweetie, don't clown around with my son."

***

Yoongi stood outside of the bathroom and waited patiently. Suddenly, Jungkook ran up to him. "I have to leave without you."

"Why?"

"Taehyung texted me."

Yoongi nodded and hugged Jungkook tight. "Be careful."

Jungkook smiled and hugged Yoongi back before stepping outside of the school.

Seconds later, Jimin comes out of the bathroom and jumps back. "!"

Yoongi laughed softly. "Are you okay? I realize that I scared you there.." he took a step foreword.

"I'm well aware.." Jimin ran his fingers through his hair. "what do you want?"

"I'm here to apologize."

"What for?" 

Yoongi took a seat on the bench. "For bringing you into that situation last night."

Jimin smirked and took a seat down next to Yoongi. "I'm glad you did. It looked like you were having a hard time."

"I was.." Yoongi looked down. "but you've helped me get through it.."

Jimin smiled and placed his hand down on Yoongi's.

Yoongi looked at their hands touching. "W-What are you doing?"

Jimin intertwined their fingers together. "I'm proving to you that you can always come to me."

"W-What?" Yoongi looked into Jimin's eyes. "I never meant it like that."

Yoongi yanks his hand away from Jimin's. "You're too old for me."

He walked away.

Jimin sighed.and shook his head.

***

Jungkook shuts the door behind him and lays his bookbag on the couch. "I'm home." he shouted.

No response.

"Taehyung? What are you doing?" he walks around.

No response.

Jungkook walks in the kitchen and spots Taehyung sitting on a stool, facing the refrigerator without saying a word. As Jungkook got a good look of the face, he noticed bruises and scars on Taehyung's face.

"Why the wounds?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

Jungkook came close to him. With complete hesitation, he finally touches Taehyung's cheeks, running his finger across Taehyung's wounds.

Taehyung looked up and slowly pushed Jungkook away. "It's Seokjin."

"Seokjin?" 

Taehyung nodded and looked back down. "He.. He came over."

"Over.. h-here?" Jungkook bit his lower lip.

Taehyung nodded again. "He beat me up. He told me to stay out of his ing life."

"W-Woah, he beat you up for no reason?" Jungkook had his mad face on.

Taehyung shook his head. "I told the cops about him."

"Taehyung, why would you do such a thing!" Jungkook stomped over to Taehyung for more explanations.

"It was the only way to get you out of prison!" Taehyung shouted over Jungkook.

Jungkook quieted down.

"I..I wanted someone who cares about me to take care of me.." Taehyung looked down again.

Jungkook smiled partially and backhugged Taehyung slowly. "I'll continue doing that.. as long as you're behaving.."

Taehyung pulled away from the backhug. 

Jungkook pulled out the first aid kit and slowly healed the wounds off of Taehyung's face.

"So.. what happened to Seokjin? Where is he now?"

"Prison."

"Wow.. it must for you, does it?"

"It does.. I really like him."

"I saw." Jungkook smiled and brushed his finger under Taehyung's chin quickly before putting the first aid kit up.

Taehyung smiled. "..why are you being so nice to me...?"

Jungkook shrugged. "You deserve second chances. I believe you'll be a better and healthy person in the end."

***

A/N: 

Make sure to follow & subscribe to 'cutetaeboy' on Twitter and YouTube!

Make sure to follow me on Twitter!

@kendalltaehyung

[LIMIT YOUR DISTANCE IS CANCELED UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE.

WHY? 

I'M PARTICIPATING IN A SECRET SANTA FAN FICTION EXCHANGE]

I hope you all can be patient & wait for that Christmas special!