Promise

My Ghostly Stalker

It's been a week since your heartbreak and you slowly felt that you were over it.

You woke on a Saturday morning by the voice of Baekhyun talking. He seemed like he was talking to someone.

You went out and you saw someone beside Baekhyun. It seem like another male ghost.

"Oh Yoon Byul, you're finally awake. Meet my friend, Kai. Kai, Yoon Byul." Baekhyun introduced both of you to each other.

"Mianhe but I'll like to have a word with Baekhyun for awhile." you smiled forcefully while going to the kitchen. 

"Since when did I say you can invite another ghost in my house???" you asked Baekhyun.

"I didn't let him in. We ghost don't need invitation to go anywhere." he explained.

*That's right. They are ghost so they wander anywhere easily.* you finally realised.

Kai was waiting at the living room.

"Mianhe if I intruded your house. But I need you to help me with something." Kai said to you.

*Bwoya do I look like a ghost whisperer to you ghosts* you said in your mind.

Baekhyun whisper to you. "You know that we ghost can read your thoughts right?"

"I really need your help. You have to help my girlfriend. She's going to kill herself." 

"Mianhe that's not my problem." you said to him while heading back to your room. 

"Please I beg you! I love her!" Kai appear in front of you and plead.

"I can't do nothing and let her take her life away because of me.... Please help me...."

You sighed and look at Baekhyun then Kai who was down on his knees, pleading for help.

"Araso." you gave in.

"Gamsahamnida." Kai thank you repeatedly.

"I will grant you one wish for helping me. Gamsahamnida." Kai sounded very thankful.


"Your girlfriend's name is Krystal, correct?" you asked Kai.

He nod.

You went ahead and pressed the doorbell.

An ice cold looking lady open the door.

"Who are you looking for?" she said to you, while looking at you up and down.

"Is this Krystal's house?" 

"It is but my sister don't want any visitors. So please leave." she said bluntly and close the door.

You stopped her from closing the door.

"Please. I need to see your sister." you plead.

"Don't you understand what I said. No visitors allowed." she seemed ticked off.

"But I have to see her. It's about her boyfriend Kai!" you said as she was closing the door.

"Unnie, let her in." a young lady with  brown hair came out. She must be Krystal.

"Let her in unnie." she told her sister.

The ice cold looking lady had no choice but let you in but she doesn't seem that happy.

 

You sat at the living room and Krystal took a seat. On the other hand, the ice cold lady was standing at the side, with her arms crossed. If looks could kill, you're probably dead by her stare.

"That's my unnie, Jessica." Krystal introduce to you.

You smile but Jessica just roll her eyes at you.

"You said earlier that you're here to see me about Kai. What is it about?" 

"She's probably his secret girlfriend." Jessica said while looking at you.

"That's right I am here because of Kai and sorry I'm not his secret girlfriend." you sarcastically emphasise while looking at Jessica.

"I am here because Kai wanted to say something to you. He told me that you wanted to kill yourself because of him? Is that right?" Krystal just looked down on the floor.

"Are you crazy? How can a dead person tell you? And I'm sure my sister won't risk her life because of that guy." Jessica said to you.

You saw Kai appearing next to Krystal. He was looking at her who was looking at the floor.  Baekhyun was standing next to Jessica.

"Tell her that I'm here." Kai told you.

"Kai wanted me to tell you that he's here. He's next to you now, trying to hold your hand." you told Krystal.

"Ok that's enough. You're probably a lunatic who just want to cheat people. Get out of my house now!" Jessica chased you out.

Krystal just remained silent.

"Remind her about the gift I gave her that night! Then she will believe you!" Kai said to you.

"The gift! The gift that Kai gave you on the night of the accident! You have it don't you?" you told Krystal before Jessica could kicked you out.

Krystal was shocked upon hearing about the gift. Only she knew that Kai gave her a gift that night.

"How... did you...know?" she asked you.

"Didn't I told you he's here." you looked at Krystal then Jessica.

Jessica didn't do anything but she didn't seem pleased.

Krystal went inside her room and took the gift.

"He gave me this gift that night. He said to open it when I'm home but....I can't....It's all my fault that he died..I shouldn't have ask him to send me home that night...." she cried.

"It's not your fault my love. It's the drunk driver's who should be blame." Kai said to Krystal.

"Krystal shi it isn't your fault. The one that made the mistake is already in jail now. You shouldn't blame yourself." you told her.

"Tell her to open the gift." Kai told you.

"He want you to open the gift." 

Krystal open the gift and there inside was ring. It had the initial K heart K. Krystal couldn't stop crying looking at the ring.

"She always complain that she want us to have something that can show that we are a couple, even though I said no many times. I finally got us one as a sign of promise of our love. But I guess god love me more than anything." Kai said happily while smiling at Krystal.

"The ring is a sign of promise of your love and he's wearing it too." you saw that Kai had one on his finger.

"He love you too so please don't kill yourself cause he won't rest in peace knowing that it is because of him." you continued.

Krystal put the ring on her finger.

"He said that he never left cause he's always with you, right here." you point at the heart.

Krystal cried hearing that, while touching her heart. Jessica went over to hug her sister.


"I guess I'll take my leave." you said to them both.

You saw Kai looking at Krystal.

"I'll send you out." Jessica offered.

"Hey, komowo for that. I'm glad that you help ease the pain for my sister. " Jessica thanked you.

"Kwenchana, it's my job anyway." 

"And mianhe for being rude to you earlier." she apologised.

"Ahh that. I guess I am not a lunatic gold digger boyfriend stealer after all." you laughed.

Jessica just laughed awkwardly.

"But seriously there's no such thing as ghost." she denied.

"Believe it or not there's one beside you now." you told her. Apparently beside her was Baekhyun who was making faces at her.

"Ha. As if I will fall for that. Bye." she closed the house door.

 

Baekhyun and Kai appear in front of you. 

"Komowo. I can finally rest in peace." Kai thanked you.

Suddenly a ray of light appear. Kai went towards it.

He bid you and Baekhyun farewell and went through the light and then he was gone and the light disappear.

"Wow that was loco. Don't you---are you crying?" Baekhyun looked at you.

You were crying but not that bad.

"Ani.It's just that I am happy that I help someone protect their love when I couldn't do it for mine..." you explain while wiping your tears.

"Ok....I guess it's the time of month for you that's why you're like this.." Baekhyun said to you.

You just ignored him.


That night you were sitting alone at the balcony, remembering the scene of Kai passing through the light.

"What are you thinking of?" Baekhyun appear next to you.

"Ani. Nothing."

"Come to think of it, it's strange. But this few days, I could not seem to read your thoughts and feelings. I can for other people but for yours it seem vague."

"Waeyo?" you asked him.

"I don't know."

Silence.

"Truthfully, there's another reason why I cried when I saw Kai passed through the light." you confessed.

"Chincha? what is it?"

"I imagine how it will be if it was you. Will I be able to bid you farewell happily?" Both you and Baekhyun looked at each other in the eyes. 

Moment of silence.

"Of course! Hahaahahaha.... I bet you be jumping in joy! Cause you're not going to see me anymore...." Baekhyun look away.

*Will I really be happy?* you thought to yourself.

"You have one last wish. What's your 3rd wish?" you asked him.

He hesitated to tell you.

"Bwoya just tell me."

"To find true love." 

"True love? That's impossible. Even for humans it's hard and for a ghost it's impossible." you were speechless.

"It's possible. I have this strong feeling that she's out there. I believe that person is my true love and we're fated to meet. You have to help me." he seemed determine.

"How will I even help you find your true love?" you felt that it was impossible for a ghost.

"True love exist. I need to find someone that I will truly love and someone that will love me as it is."

 

 Another update! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my story. Do subscribe or upvote. Feel free to leave your comments too so that I will know what are your thoughts. And for new subscribers, welcome to the family~