Nightmare Inside My Head

I Hate My New Teacher

“Did I really cry just now?” Sunyoul asked Wooshin innocently. Sunyoul seemed calmer after they got into Wooshin’s house. “Yes,” The student answered briefly. “Really? I mean, you aren’t lying right?” Sunyoul kept pushing Wooshin to the edge. “Tell me one reason why I’m telling you something isn’t true,” Wooshin sighed. “I can say a lot reasons for that! One, you hate me. Two, you dislike me. Three, basically you just hate me. Four, you—“ Wooshin glared at Sunyoul and the other realized it, he quickly cut his words, “—you hate me,” he whispered. The black haired student rolled his eyes and seemed tired with Sunyoul’s words and voice. “Okay, I hate you. But, seriously, you suddenly hugged me and cried I don’t even know why you were crying like that! The old woman in front of my house kept looking at me, and she was flustered! That was embarrassing!” Wooshin almost shouted, “bonus, it’s the truth!”

The teacher gazed at his student and his brain slowly started working. “Oh, I remember now! I cried because you look so ugly with your new hair.” Sunyoul grinned and if Wooshin didn’t remember Sunyoul were his homeroom teacher, he would’ve killed that guy first. “Your blonde hair suits you better, though,” Sunyoul mumbled softly. He thought Wooshin wouldn’t notice it, but Wooshin had a pair of extremely sensitive ears, so he heard it and his face felt hotter than before and his heart was thumping really fast. But, Wooshin tried to swipe that feeling away and tried to be manly and strict to the teacher. “So, what are you going to do in here?” Wooshin asked.

“I’m really worried about you, so…I want to stay at your house. J-just for a night! And I’m okay if you told me to sleep in the living room, seriously!” Sunyoul said nervously. He wasn’t looking at Wooshin’s eyes, instead he shut his eyes forcefully, preparing his ears to listen to the answer. “I won’t let you sleep in here. You can sleep in my bedroom since the other bedroom you used before is really messy right now and I haven’t changed the light bulb, and I don’t think you want to sleep in that scary room again.” Wooshin left Sunyoul and went to his bedroom. ‘Was I a fool to let him sleep in my room? , I hope I can handle myself tonight,’ Wooshin thought.

---

Meanwhile, Sunyoul was staring at Wooshin. “Stop staring at me like I’m going to ually harassed you! I’m not interested with guy like you. If you’re still standing there, then I’ll go to sleep,” Wooshin said. Sunyoul changed his gaze into the disgusted stare at Wooshin. How can he threaten his own teacher like that?

“I’m not feeling sleepy at all. You, go to sleep first. I need to check some students’ tests.” Wooshin frowned as he listened to Sunyoul’s alibi. Did he feel disappointed? “Okay then, have fun.” The student quickly wrapped his thick blanket on his body. Sunyoul waited for several minutes to pass, and when he thought Wooshin was sleeping deeply, he slowly approached Wooshin. He sat on the floor as he rested his arms on the edge of the bed, next to Wooshin, and closely examined Wooshin’s face features. The light brown haired teacher realized Wooshin’s hair wasn’t pure black, instead it was a mixed of some weird colors that Sunyoul himself couldn’t explain. He let himself drowning into the confusion and he was in awe. He adored Wooshin’s face so much. He looked like an angel, but when he opened his mouth, he was a 101% satan. Sunyoul watched Wooshin sleepily and slowly Wooshin’s black hair. “What did you mean you were my boyfriend? I tried to forget you after you told me not to talk to you again. I tried to erase everything about you in my mind, but hell, did you put a spell in me, because I couldn’t forget you. I like you a lot, bastard. Even though maybe you used the statement as my boyfriend only to protect me, it made me confused. I’m confused with my own feeling. Should I continue this or should I force it to stop? Kim Wooseok, you bastard, how dare you to put your own homeroom teacher in this confusing problem. Ah, every time I tried to hate you even for the smallest thing, I just didn’t success. Maybe my heart has decided to fall for you?” Sunyoul mumbled softly and slowly feeling his eyes getting heavier.

He was going to sleep when suddenly his phone rang. The teacher quickly got up and took his phone only to find a call from the headmaster in the middle of the night. “He-hello?” Sunyoul nervously greeted. “Teacher Seon Yein, I apologize to disturb you from your sleep. But I need to talk to you for a minute,” the headmaster said, “so, I’ve decided to let you come back to Wando,” Sunyoul felt his heart stopped for a second. “W-what? Why?” Sunyoul asked. “Your work is really good and it’s getting better every single day. But we felt you’re still young and you have a lot of time to achieve your dream. I know your true passion isn’t on teaching high school students, and we’ve decided to let you go back to Wando and when you’re ready to teach again in this school, we’ll always open our arms for you,” the headmaster said tiredly. Sunyoul couldn’t think anything. He was too shocked to listen to the news. “A-are you trying to fire me from this job?” Sunyoul encouraged himself to ask the question. “No, Seon Yein. But this is your sister’s request. She told me to send you back to Wando when you’ve been teaching here for 1 year,”

Sunyoul sighed, “this is ridiculous. I-I don’t understand, Sir.”

“Tomorrow, you should go to my office and let me explain to you. Now, go and get some rest.” The headmaster hung up the phone and left Sunyoul drowning in his confusion. He was too tired but his eyes couldn’t close properly. Even though he had climbed up to Wooshin’s bed and it felt really comfortable, but he couldn’t sleep. Did his sister really tell the principle to send him back to Wando or was it the headmaster’s words? He looked at the ceiling and kept thinking. Suddenly, Wooshin moved and he groaned softly, maybe because he was feeling uncomfortable with Sunyoul’s presence. Sunyoul stayed stiff and glanced at Wooshin whose face was facing him. The young teacher could feel Wooshin arm was hugging him and it was awkward. “Sunyoul,” Wooshin mumbled sleepily, “why aren’t you sleeping?” Sunyoul smiled. “I was going to sleep, but suddenly you hugged me,”

Wooshin hummed, he was too sleepy to make a conversation with Sunyoul. Maybe he was still dreaming because no way he could lay his finger on Sunyoul’s body and that time, Wooshin literally placed his whole arm on Sunyoul. The young teacher stared at his student’s beautiful sleeping face. “How can I tell you about the problem now I’m facing?” Sunyoul mumbled and he couldn’t keep the tears inside his eyes anymore. He hugged Wooshin tightly and even moved to bury his head under Wooshin’s chin and hid his face onto Wooshin’s shirt. He swallowed his soft sobs in order to not waking Wooshin up from his sleep. “Are you feeling cold?” Wooshin asked sleepily and he still closed his eyes. Sunyoul didn’t trust his voice so he only nodded and suddenly he felt Wooshin hugging him tighter and brushing his hair slowly.

---

Wooshin opened his eyes and looked at the empty space next to him. He was really sure Sunyoul was sleeping next to him several hours ago. “Good morning. Wake up, Mr. Wooshin. I’m going to go to school now. It’s still early, so make sure you dress up properly especially since your hair is already black, at least try to impress the teachers that you can be the good student,” Sunyoul said. “I dress up not to impress the teachers. I dress up only to impress you,” Wooshin said as he winked to Sunyoul naughtily. “Oh, so now you’re trying to flirt to your teacher? Nice try but it’s not going to succeed, young man.” Sunyoul tidied his shirt as he looks at the mirror. “By the way, Sunyoul, was it just a dream?” Wooshin suddenly asked.

“Hm? I don’t understand what you are talking about right now,” Sunyoul said. “Then it is a dream,” Wooshin sighed, “I dreamt about you confessing to me,” and then it hit Sunyoul. Sunyoul did confessed to Wooshin but he didn’t think the student would listen to his nonsense words! “Huh? I think it’s just a dream. And the important point is, why is it me in your dream?” Sunyoul asked, trying to hide all of the embarrassing things he did the previous night. “I don’t know. Maybe you’re too annoying and suddenly you are on my dream, bothering my peaceful sleep with your voice,” Wooshin said and only received laughter from the other. “I should go now, see ya!”

And then Wooshin was left with silence.

“..wait. Did we hug last night?” Wooshin mumbled.