Awkward Meeting

I Hate My New Teacher

For a week, Wooshin didn’t meet Sunyoul. He wanted to know about his relationship with the girl, but Sunyoul didn’t even reply the text he sent. Thanks to Sunyoul for not showing his face in front of Wooshin on the final exam week, he could study every lesson seriously. For the student, being able to see Sunyoul’s face was a thing that could make his brain forgot everything. “Congrats to us, we have survived this week,” Jinhoo said happily. Everyone could notice how tired he was because he wasn’t as cheerful as before. “I need to hibernate. I didn’t sleep properly for a week,” Hwanhee replied. The beagle of the class was looking dead and probably he would turn into a zombie. “Guys, I’m going to go to the store, both of you don’t forget to gain back your sleep and get a lot of rest.” Wooshin waved his hand and quickly separated ways with his best friends. He needed to buy some food or he would die because of starving.

When he reached the store, Wooshin walked to the ramen section and he saw a familiar figure standing nearby looking at the milk section. He was wearing mask, a cap, an oversized hoodie and a pair of black jeans but Wooshin could guess who the person was. “Sunyoul-hyung, have you chosen the milk?” A guy suddenly called the person and Wooshin stared at him. White hair—probably was bleached—, quite tall, and his face was attractive. ‘Who is this guy?’ Wooshin thought, couldn’t move his eyes from looking at the guy. “Ah, not yet. Have you bought the other things?” Sunyoul’s soft voice was ringing inside Wooshin’s ears even though it wasn’t for him. “Yes. I couldn’t believe you needed to buy a lot of food even though you’re living alone, Hyung,” the white haired guy kept talking to Sunyoul and the smaller guy just laughed. Sunyoul slowly reached for two cartons of milk and put it into the basket which was being hold by the other guy.

“Wooshin?”

Wooshin froze on his place and luckily he was looking at the ramen he held on his right hand so he could pretend like he just met Sunyoul (even though he was watching him for 5 minutes). “Sunyoul? Oh, I didn’t see you, sorry, my bad,” Wooshin said. “What are you doing in here? How was the test?” Sunyoul asked. “Can’t you see I’m trying to buy some food in here? The test was nice,” Wooshin said stiffly. “Oh, then enjoy yourself—“

“Hyung, is this your student?” the tall guy spoke. “Yes. But I don’t think he’ll appreciate us if we bother him now. Let’s go, Gyujin.” Sunyoul trying to grab Gyujin’s sweater but suddenly Gyujin walked toward Wooshin. “You’re his student and your attitude isn’t nice toward him,” Gyujin said. Wooshin glared at Sunyoul’s friend and he found the tall guy was glaring to him also. It was completely a different stare when Gyujin looked at Sunyoul. “Apologize to him,” Gyujin said coldly. “Why? Why don’t you follow Sunyoul’s words not to bother me? I didn’t do anything wrong, so why should I apologize to him?” Wooshin replied and it boiled Gyujin’s blood. “How dare you—“ Gyujin clicked his tounge, “let me give you one reason why you should apologize now. He’s your teacher,”

Sunyoul was overwhelmed. He didn’t think Gyujin would be angry like that. “Gyujinnie, it’s okay. Wooshin and I are the same age so he doesn’t need to be formal to me. Come on, Gyujin, let’s go home.” Sunyoul was trying to pull Gyujin’s sleeve again, but clearly his strength wasn’t enough to move the guy. “You’re lucky because he’s on your side,” Gyujin said, “Let’s go, you need to rest, Hyung,” he turned his body and Sunyoul was hugging his left arm and being so clingy to the guy. Wooshin could even see Gyujin patted Sunyoul’s head and they even shared some jokes! That guy changed 180 degrees from being the fierce man to a soft hearted boy. “You should control yourself, Gyujin. I’m worried about you! Wooshin has a kind of anger management issue and sometimes he can’t control himself,” Sunyoul said. “I can hear both of you talking about me!” Wooshin shouted from the aisle.

The student sighed. Sunyoul was rude. He didn’t come to school and suddenly he was in the store with a guy whose name was Gyujin and they were really close. Wooshin didn’t want to jump into conclusion that the Gyujin guy was Sunyoul’s boyfriend. He didn’t want to make the same mistake he had done before! Well, if Gyujin were Sunyoul’s boyfriend, Wooshin wouldn’t spread the gossip either. He didn’t have the heart to ruin his relationship with the teacher.

---

“I can’t believe I have to suffer this annoying illness,” Sunyoul said, coughing several times before he could even complete his sentence. “It’s because you didn’t rest properly, your immune system is getting weak and your body is very fragile,” Gyujin said. Sunyoul was having flu and he had a week to rest at home. “I’m not fragile!” Sunyoul said. The headmaster had allowed him to take a week of holiday because of the sickness and Sunyoul was really grateful there was Gyujin who could take care of him. “By the way, that person earlier was Wooshin?” Gyujin asked. “Yes, what do you think?” Sunyoul asked. “He’s rude,” Gyujin answered briefly. He pouted and his eyebrows looked like they were combined because Gyujin made an ‘upset’ face. “I know right. I can’t believe we met him just now.” Sunyoul wrapped his arm on Gyujin’s. “Is it okay if I hold your hand?” Gyujin nodded to the question and kept walking as he brought a bag full of their food and medicine.

“You can find someone better than him,” the younger mumbled. “Yep, I hope my heart didn’t fall for him on the first place,” Sunyoul replied. “Example, you should’ve fallen for me,” Gyujin said, grinning ear to ear.

---

“I met Sunyoul today,” Wooshin said on the call. “Then?” Jinhoo wore his earphone and stared at the monitor. “He was with a guy and I think they’re really close,” Wooshin continued. Jinhoo was tired with whole of the Wooshin-Sunyoul’s drama. They didn’t get the idea that they had a special feeling for each other and especially his friend was, to be honest, an idiot. “Don’t tell me you’re jealous again,” Hwanhee finally opened his mouth. “Well all of you, but yes,” Wooshin said. Jinhoo couldn’t keep himself to groan. “Shut up, Wooshin. Listen to me, you are a complete idiot. We’re tired with this ShinSeon drama and all you can do is keep telling us that you’re jealous,” Jinhoo spoke. Wooshin needed to open his mind and open his eyes, because he was getting weak because of something stupid called love. “Preach, Jinhoo. If you hate seeing Sunyoul with a guy, then quickly go to him and say that you loved him!” Hwanhee agreed with Jinhoo. “I can’t!” Wooshin denied and the others groaned, clearly unsatisfied with the answer they got from him.

“You’re really lame,” Jinhoo mumbled, “you acted tough, but inside, you’re a mess,” Hwanhee hummed as an agreement. Wooshin kept telling the story how he met Sunyoul and Gyujin at the store, how attractive Gyujin was, how he treated Sunyoul like a trash, and how Gyujin got angry because of his attitude. “Well, the problem is you, young man! You treated him like and of course that Gyujin got mad at you! From now on, stop treating people like . If you keep treating them like that, there’s no difference between you and Sungjoon. Period.” Jinhoo almost bang his desk because he was angry to Wooshin. “Even if we don’t know who this Gyujin is, we’re 100% on his side. I bet Jinhoo agrees with me,” Hwanhee said. “True. You should apologize.” Jinhoo drank his cola to calm himself down. He was really afraid he could get an anger issue just like Wooshin.

Then, there was no sound on the line. “I don’t want to hear anymore complaints about you being jealous over a guy or a girl or even a dog because they went to Sunyoul and being so clingy to him,” Jinhoo mumbled. “I’m sorry. It’s just confusing for me to have a feeling like this,” Wooshin spoke softly. He regretted everything he did. “That’s why you shouldn’t mess with girls’ hearts. Now, you’re the one who get the karma,” Hwanhee said, “and I was going to sleep and because of you said you have something important to discuss with us, I lost my precious time to sleep. you, Wooseok,” Wooshin laughed on the other line and replied the mocking to Hwanhee.