Lost .

I Hate My New Teacher

A week and everything would finish. Wooshin walked slowly to his class, too lazy to face the exam he would get. Especially since the previous day, he was jealous over a silly problem and he hadn’t known what’s inside of Sunyoul’s gifts. “Walk faster and forget about Sunyoul for a week please,” Hwanhee said grumpily behind Wooshin. “I can walk faster but I don’t think I can do the other one,” Wooshin said. “Oh, look at this guy! He’s finally feeling the sweetness of love,” Hwanhee said, mocking Wooshin. “Shut up. I don’t think I can do my exam well either so what’s the point?” Wooshin said, giving up on his life. “Hey, hey, remember you do all of this because your beautiful, sweet, cute, adorable boyfriend. You should make him proud having you as his boyfriend,” Hwanhee said. He couldn’t wipe away his silly grin on his face. “What the hell did you mean ‘my boyfriend’? Sunyoul is not my—“

“He didn’t even mention anyone’s name, Wooshin. The only person who keeps mentioning Sunyoul’s name is you.” Jinhoo suddenly appeared and joined them. Obviously, Wooshin had lost from his best friends. They kept having a way to . “The only way to know what was in the gift is by asking him directly,” Jinhoo said. He was clearly overhearing everything. Or maybe Wooshin made it too obvious about the thing. “Hey, Sunyoul!” Hwanhee suddenly greeted the teacher’s name. “Oh, hey, Hwanhee,” Sunyoul replied. “Yesterday, we saw a girl giving you a gift and a letter. Will you tell us what’s inside of the box?” Jinhoo slowly approaching Sunyoul and Wooshin followed him. “It’s full of chocolate and there’s a rabbit doll. It’s small but it’s really cute,” Sunyoul giggled. Hwanhee eyeing on Wooshin whose face turned red by holding back his anger. “And about the letter, she wrote about her feelings to me,” Sunyoul continued. Wooshin’s ears couldn’t stand with the conversation, but he was curious about it!

“She said she liked me at the first sight and she hoped she could be my girlfriend. She also said that if I rejected her, she wanted to be my friend—the best friend, she said—it looks like she has known that I will reject her though.” Wooshin listened closely and took some notes in his head. Fortunately, Sunyoul would reject the girl. “Why would you reject her? She’s cute, Sunyoul,” Jinhoo said and got a glare from his black haired friend. “She is cute, but she isn’t my type. After all, I’ve never been in a relationship. I don’t want to give that student bad experience for having a relationship, especially with a teacher like me,” Sunyoul knew his words made the students shocked. Their faces were all shocked and their mouths were slightly opened. “P-pardon? You have never been in a relationship before?” Hwanhee asked and Jinhoo hit him because of the inappropriate question. “Nope, I’m not the popular type student! And I’m not handsome either,” Sunyoul said, still giving his smile to the three students who were blind because Sunyoul’s smile was too bright for them.

---

The first day had ended and Wooshin’s mind still stuck on the fact that Sunyoul has never dated someone before. Even Wooshin encouraged himself to confirm it to Sunyoul once again and the answer was still the same, Sunyoul had never gotten into any relationship. “Your face is too cute for a guy, that’s why the girls didn’t want to have you as their boyfriend.” Wooshin his ice cream. “So your point is they were afraid I would take their spotlight because of my face?” Sunyoul laughed at his own cheesy joke. “Okay, that was a lame joke from you. Even Hwanhee could make a better one than that,” Wooshin continued. “At least my life wasn’t as lame as yours,” Sunyoul replied and clearly made Wooshin almost choked on his ice cream. “I swear I should’ve killed you before,”

Sunyoul laughed and took every Wooshin’s harsh words as some jokes. They walked home together and ‘together’ meant Sunyoul was going to visit his student’s house again. “This is out of topic, but, is it okay if I rejected the girl who gave me the gift?” Sunyoul suddenly asked. He stopped his feet and stared at Wooshin who was standing not really far from him. “I didn’t hate her. I didn’t love her either.” Wooshin turned his head to meet the teacher’s big brown eyes. Wooshin’s mind and heart were having a debate.

Then, reject her already! If your heart said so, then followed your heart! You can’t fake affection.

“Why don’t you try it first?” Wooshin spoke. “People said love would grow when you were in a relationship.” Then, the silence wrapped itself around the two males. “Maybe you’ll find happiness if you’re together with her,” Wooshin continued. The student couldn’t believe all the statements and answers he just said. All of them were poured from his mouth like a waterfall! “It’s my opinion, though. The choices are up to you. Come on, it’s getting late.” Wooshin grabbed Sunyoul’s hand and leaded him to his house.

---

Sunyoul was invited to Wooshin’s house because the student needed his help to teach him some confusing lessons. It had been 2 hours since both of them started learning the lesson but Wooshin still regretted his words and Sunyoul was in complete mess because of the dilemma. Wooshin was tired and he lied down on the floor. “I’m sorry to bring up this topic again, but what will you do to her?” Wooshin asked. Sunyoul sighed and ruffled his soft hair. “I’ll find my own way,” he said, giving his best smile to the student but his eyes reflected a sad expression, “I should go home now. Good luck for your test,” and Wooshin was left alone again.

---

Sunyoul wasn’t really paying attention to the road and suddenly he was already in front of his house. His mind wandered a lot that day after he discussed about the girl with Wooshin. He was confused why Wooshin said some things like that. “Good evening, Youllie-hyung,” a soft voice called him. It was Han Gyujin, his childhood friend. “Gyujinnie? What are you doing here?” Sunyoul asked nervously yet excitedly. He missed Gyujin so much and suddenly that guy showed up in front of his house was unbelievable. “Your parents and I were very concerned about you, and so I volunteered to go to Seoul to meet you,” Gyujin smiled, “and I got the address from Kuhn,”

Sunyoul quickly went to Gyujin and brought him into a tight hug. “I miss you so much,” he whispered. “I miss you too,” Gyujin replied as he hugged Sunyoul tightly. “You’re appearance is…really different,” Sunyoul said again, giggling. “Aren’t I handsome? I decided to bleach my hair and well, I’m much taller than you now,” Gyujin answered confidently. “Surprisingly, it looks nice on you. Good job.” They separated from the hug and went inside Sunyoul’s house. It was small, but it was cozy and warm. Sunyoul took care of the house really well, maybe because he was lived alone so he could organize his things by himself. “You sure have a lot of time cleaning this house by yourself,” Gyujin praised the older. “I’m not really busy on teaching the students, so of course I have plenty of time,” he joked. They went to the living room and talked about a lot different things starting from Wando, Sunyoul’s family, Gyujin’s family, Seoul, and everything. Gyujin was Sunyoul’s best friend and he would listen to Sunyoul’s problem 24/7. Maybe he was too kind for someone like Sunyoul, but Gyujin had never left Sunyoul in any ways. He had never left him wandering around at a party like a lost puppy—or a lost rabbit—and sometimes Gyujin acted like he was Sunyoul’s bodyguard or even father.

“So how’s your relationship with Wooshin?” Gyujin asked. “I don’t think it’s on a good condition,” Sunyoul answered nervously, “there’s something that I don’t understand from him,” Gyujin listened and put all of his attention to the older. “Spill it out, Hyung. I’m here for you,” Gyujin said softly. The older cleared his throat and started the story. “I don’t know what’s going on in his mind, but surely he’s being weird for several days. This morning we met accidentally and only his best friends greeted me! He just stood there but he joined our conversation. Again, he didn’t say anything,” Sunyoul said, completely confused with the situation he had to face, “This afternoon, I went to his house because he said he needed me to teach him some lessons he didn’t understand. On our way to his house, I asked him about a girl who confessed to me. I could see he didn’t want me to accept the confession but then he said the completely different thing! When he said I should try to be in a relationship with her, he looked like he didn’t even trust himself for answering my question. I’m really confused, Gyujin,”
“Before I give you any advice, what do you want to do? I mean like, do you want to talk to him directly or what?” Gyujin took a cookie and ate it. “He’s having the final exam this week. I’m afraid if I talked to him and confronted him, he would lose his concentration on his exam,” Sunyoul answered. “Then you shouldn’t meet him. Both of the options are having a good and a bad side, but hey, which one will you do, Hyung?” Gyujin smiled. The younger could see Sunyoul was nervous and clearly, Sunyoul didn’t want to choose one of the options, but he had to!