The Cliche Things We Did

I Hate My New Teacher

a/n: double updates because i'm having a good mood to give you all two updates because you've supported me!

---

Sunyoul ended up in Wooshin’s house again. No, both of them weren’t drunk or anything. They just wanted to spend some time together. Of course Wooshin didn’t say it in front of Sunyoul’s face, but how he acted toward Sunyoul showed it. The teacher had gone to his house first to put his stuff back and take a bath and changed his clothes, promising to himself he wouldn’t sleep again in Wooshin’s house.

“Wooshin, how was the graduation ceremony last year?” Sunyoul asked. “It was great,” Wooshin said briefly. “It didn’t make you sad at all?” Sunyoul asked again. “Nope.” Wooshin laid his back on the floor. Sunyoul sighed for his students for being unemotional at all. “Was there any teacher who said goodbye or something because he wanted to move?” Wooshin looked to the ceiling as he listens to Sunyoul’s questions. “No. But then your sister, who was my music teacher didn’t teach us anymore. She didn’t say anything during the ceremony.” Wooshin tried to remember his first graduation ceremony. “And then, you came.” Hearing Wooshin said the statement, it made Sunyoul wanted to cringe as hard as he could. “It was a serious problem for me. But surprisingly, it changed. I couldn’t imagine if you weren’t here,”

Sunyoul was flustered. To listen to Wooshin’s words was ridiculous, especially Wooshin was his student. “What do you like from my sister?” Sunyoul asked again. “She was kind. Her voice was beautiful.” Wooshin smiled softly. “But yours is like a chipmunk. When you sing some ballad songs, I thought you’re covering the nightcore version of it.” Sunyoul glared at his student and Wooshin noticed it. “Oh, Sunyoul, I’m kidding.”

“Yours is beautiful too. Even more softer and beautiful than hers,”

Sunyoul’s mind went blank. Was he being serious? His student—the only problematic student in his class—always said his voice was annoying and it ruined his ears. But now, he praised Sunyoul’s voice? Did a kind of ghost possess the student? Or maybe the satan inside him had left from his body? “You should sing more English songs or ballad. Your pronunciation is really good and your voice suits ballad so much.” Wooshin gazed at Sunyoul and he couldn’t stop his lips from curving and made a smile. He smiled until it reached his own eyes. “W-well, thanks for the compliment. This is the last question, but why did my sister become your favorite teacher?” Sunyoul asked shyly.

“The answer is really simple. I liked her. Maybe it even crossed the limit between student and teacher. I loved her.”

The answer succeeded to make Sunyoul’s world shattering. How can he didn’t notice it? Of course Wooshin loved her so much! He even got angry because Sunyoul replaced her place as the music teacher, right? Sunyoul completely felt he was an idiot for just realizing it. “But now, I have a new crush. Maybe. I’m confused with my own feelings. Even if you asked who the lucky person is, I won’t tell you,” Wooshin said. Then, the silence wrapped around them again. Sunyoul still feeling upset with Wooshin’s answer about his feelings to his sister. Maybe—just maybe—Sunyoul was jealous? The music teacher was looking at the floor, trying to hold his tears in his eyes, when suddenly Wooshin pulled his wrist. “Stand up. It’s already late,” Wooshin mumbled. “I-I’m going to go home. You don’t need to pull me and force me to go home. I have legs, I can go to the front door by myself.” Sunyoul stood up while Wooshin just looking at him. “Oh you didn’t listen to me? I said, ‘We should sleep. Stand up. It’s already late’, Sunyoul,”

‘Not this again! I promised not to sleep in his bedroom again!’ Sunyoul thought. “W-what? No, I’m going to go home.” Sunyoul let go Wooshin’s grip on his hand. “Sure, just go home. There are a bunch of bad guys near the street, if you met them, maybe they would you until you couldn’t walk,” Wooshin mumbled. Oh, he loved how Sunyoul’s face changed from the tough to the scared bunny. “Okay, come on now. Let’s sleep.” Wooshin took Sunyoul’s wrist again and pulled him to his bedroom. “You bastard,” Sunyoul mumbled and he swore he could hear Wooshin giggled.

---

It was midnight and Wooshin still awake. Well, he was sleeping, but then congrats to Sunyoul, he made his student couldn’t sleep again. Sunyoul wrapped his arms on Wooshin while he murmured some random things. “Sunyoul, you should let me go,” Wooshin whispered. “N-no I can’t. I’m afraid of thunder,” Sunyoul whimpered and tighten his grip on Wooshin’s clothes. “What are you going to do if you’re alone in your house and suddenly there’s a thunder storm? You don’t have anyone to be hugged,” Wooshin whispered. “Well, usually Kuhn called me. H-He accompanied me by calling me until the storm has stopped. Or sometimes he came to my house before the storm happened,” Sunyoul whined.

Wooshin still remembered the Kuhn guy and he was embarrassed about it. “You made him lack of sleep because of you. You should apologize to him,” Wooshin said. “I know! But every time I told him to sleep, he said he was worried about me so he would wait until I slept first,” Sunyoul mumbled. The storm hadn’t stopped and Sunyoul was sobbing. He closed his ears and buried his face into the blanket. It hurt Wooshin’s heart to see Sunyoul got scared just because of the storm. Wooshin moved closer and hugged Sunyoul. His hand was moving on Sunyoul’s back and rubbed it, while the other hand simply Sunyoul’s soft brown hair. He didn’t say anything. He just listened to Sunyoul’s sobs as he continued calming Sunyoul. “If you really need to hug me, just do it. I will be right here,” Wooshin whispered into Sunyoul’s ear and quickly the teacher moved his hands from his ears to hug Wooshin. “I’m sorry,” he whimpered between his sobs. “It’s okay. Everything will be alright,” Wooshin whispered.

To be honest, nothing was alright. Wooshin had to deal with his heartbeat which was getting faster and Sunyoul’s heart surprisingly was thumping so hard, maybe because he was afraid with the thunder storm. The student felt his teacher was really fragile, just like a small rabbit. There wasn’t any distance between them and Sunyoul buried his face on Wooshin’s chest and let the blanket swallowed him wholly. Every time a thunder , the teacher would whimper or whine—and sometimes even shout Wooshin’s name—and Wooshin would continue Sunyoul’s hair. From that time, Wooshin just wanted to keep Sunyoul by himself and protected him. He was the one and only person who knew about Sunyoul’s real side and it made him falling for him even deeper.

"Hey, don't you think it's so cliche?" Wooshin whispered even though he knew Sunyoul had been asleep. "This kind of thing is so cliche, but I kinda like it."