Promise Doesn't Mean to be Broken

I Hate My New Teacher

DOUBLE UPDATES BECAUSE I'M RUNNING OUT OF WIFI AND THIS IS 3AM IN THE MORNING FML

---

Sunyoul looked at Gyujin but the younger kept humming his favorite song, “You’re Leaving” by Acourve. “Did you say something?” Sunyoul asked. “Yes,” Gyujin nodded simply, “I said you should have fallen for me instead of Wooshin,” The older knew Gyujin was joking because the sound in his voice was clearly unserious. “You must be joking, Han Gyujin,” Sunyoul sighed. “Well, of course. We have been in this friendship since I was 5 and that means you were 6 at that time, right? You should know the difference between my serious and my joking side,” Gyujin said and giving Sunyoul his widest smile ever. Sunyoul was relieved but he wasn’t sure. “I didn’t hurt you, right?” Sunyoul pulled Gyujin’s hand and forced him to stop walking. His voice sounded deeper—even though it was still high-pitched—but he sounded serious. “I’m completely healthy, what do you mean, Hyung?” Gyujin asked, tilting his head a bit to the side. “Gyujin, I’m not joking right now. Did I hurt your feelings? You’re not an idiot like Wooshin, so answer me,”

The white haired male sighed and mumbled a thing inaudible. “Say it clearly,” Sunyoul ordered the younger but Gyujin was only smiling weakly. His eyes reflected how sad he was. “If you say something like that, it hurts my feelings, Yein-hyung,” Gyujin said, “Why do you have to compare me with the guy you like? Why do you have to even mention his name in front of me? I’m not an idiot and I’m not Wooshin! I loved you but I know I can’t have you. Even though I know my feelings for you is forbidden because I know you only see me as your brother or even as a friend! I keep supporting you and trying to move on from my feelings. But seeing you falling in love with a bad guy like that, it hurts my feelings, Hyung. I just want to protect you,”

Sunyoul’s eyes widening. Seeing the younger cried broke Sunyoul’s heart. He was supposed to take care of Gyujin yet he hurt him with his words. He was supposed to be a brother for Gyujin. He completely forgot how fragile Gyujin was even though he acted tough on the outside. Sunyoul went to Gyujin and brought him into a hug. “I’m sorry, Gyujinnie. I’m sorry I didn’t realize your feelings for me,” Sunyoul said. Even though Sunyoul was trying to calm Gyujin down, he couldn’t even calm himself properly. He could hear Gyujin’s weak apologizes and they were standing on the middle of the road, Sunyoul was hugging Gyujin tightly while Gyujin was trying to keep holding their food in a plastic bag, and crying like toddlers who fought over an ice cream.

---

It was 19.38 and Wooshin had decided something. He quickly took his jacket and wore his shoes. The student went to a place and he brought his phone and a piece of paper with him. He was looking at the map and followed every single direction he was given. The rushing footsteps were getting faster and Wooshin was running. He let the cold autumn breeze brushed his face.

[ Y o u ’ v e   r e a c h e d    y o u r    d e s t i n a t i o n . ]

Wooshin took a deep breath and encouraged himself to step forward. He slowly pressed the bell and waited nervously. What should he say? He couldn’t just stand there and being a total idiot because he had spent 30 minutes only to get to the place. The door slowly being opened and it even made Wooshin’s heart beat faster. “What are you doing in here?”
Wooshin gulped and looked at the figure in front of him. “I want to talk to Sunyoul,” he said. Gyujin scanned Wooshin from head to toe. “I can’t let you do that,” Gyujin said coldly. “Why?” Wooshin asked. “He’s sleeping. Go away.” Gyujin was going to close the door but suddenly Wooshin prevented him to do so. “Then, I want to talk with you,” he said.

---

The white haired male sat and stared at the food he had bought. “What are we going to do in McDonald? I thought we’re going to discuss something,” Gyujin said. “We’re going to discuss it as we eat.” Wooshin shoved the burger into his mouth. Then, Gyujin followed the other, started to eat his food. It was supposed to be discussing while eating, but in the reality both of them only focused on their food. “We haven’t introduced ourselves properly,” Gyujin tried to break the ice, “I’m Han Gyujin,” Wooshin lifted his head. “I’m Kim Wooseok,” he said.
“Do you like Sunyoul?” Gyujin asked. His eyes were focused on Wooshin, but it wasn’t a glare. Wooshin gulped and he looked down. “First of all, who are you?” Wooshin mumbled. The other sighed and rested his head on his right hand. “I’m Sunyoul’s childhood friend. Now answer my question,” Gyujin said. Wooshin made some sentences inside his head but he couldn’t say anything. “How can I say something about my feeling to a person I just met? This is ridiculous,” Wooshin denied. “If you keep your bad attitude, I’m going to leave this place and we stop this unimportant discussion,” Gyujin threatened. His threat was a serious one. His voice even turned deeper. “Fine. Please don’t say this to him, but yeah, I like him,” Wooshin said.

Gyujin looked at Wooshin and his face didn’t change a bit. “Are you serious? You’re not trying to pull any joke, right?” he asked. “No. This is the first time I started to like someone this serious,” Wooshin answered. His eyes were telling the truth and Gyujin was relieved. “Please, promise me. You’re not going to hurt Sunyoul. You’re going to protect him and you’re not going to say harsh things to him,” Gyujin said. “I have made a lot of problems for him and I have said a lot of rude things to him,” Wooshin said, “but I’m going to do my best to keep my promise,”

---

The young music teacher started to feel a lot better and his holiday had ended. Gyujin decided to stay for several more weeks to help Sunyoul packing his things. The younger was in his holiday. It was better for him to have activities like helping Sunyoul than staying at home and didn’t do anything. When Sunyoul showed up at school, he was showered with a lot of greetings from students and they stated they missed the teacher so much. Going back to school actually made Sunyoul nervous. He encouraged himself to go to his student’s class who confessed to him several weeks ago. Probably the student would be annoyed because she didn’t get her answer quickly, but when Sunyoul came and called her, she looked really bright. It was even brighter than Sunyoul. They went to the back of the school where there was no one in there except them. “I’m sorry for the late response,” Sunyoul opened the awkward conversation.  “It’s okay, Teacher. It’s not like you’ve made a mistake because you didn’t give me an answer quickly,” she said. “Um, well. Okay, let me start. I’m really thankful you’ve put so much effort for making me things and you have a lot of courage to give me the gifts in front of many people. I really appreciate it,” Sunyoul said, “but, I don’t think we can develop our relationship except as a teacher and a student,”

The bright expression on her face suddenly left and replaced by a gloomy and disappointment. “Why is that? Are you having a crush on someone?” she asked. “Ah, no,” Sunyoul suddenly felt flustered at the question, “I haven’t been in a relationship before and I’m afraid if I decided to accept your confession and continue our relationship as a couple, you wouldn’t be happy and it would clearly below your expectation. I’m not a sweet person and I’m really awkward, not the typical boyfriend material,” Sunyoul lowered his voice so he wouldn’t sound like he was angry. “At least if it’s with you then I’m okay. I don’t care how awkward you are. You’re nice towards the other students and you always smiled even though you’re tired. You’re cute too,” the girl said and Sunyoul could see her eyes were covered with tears. Her voice was trembling and Sunyoul didn’t have a heart to ask her to go. “Listen, I’m not blaming you because you have a feeling for me. I didn’t blame anyone in here. But, I believe you can find someone better than me. You’re a freshman in here, there’ll be a lot guys in this school that are better, nicer, and even will treat you like a princess. But that guy isn’t me. You’re pretty, I know there are some cute guys trying to catch your heart,” Sunyoul said. He tried to force a smile and probably it succeeded to make his student wiped her tears from her eyes and smiled back to Sunyoul.

“Smile wider and go back to your class. If you want to hate me, it’s okay, because I’ll accept it with my whole heart.” Sunyoul patted the student’s head and smiled, showing his bunny teeth. “I can’t hate you, Teacher. You’re my favorite teacher and you’re my first love.” The girl ran back into school and left Sunyoul in shocked. “I’m your what—“, he mumbled, “great, Seon Yein. You just crashed a young girl’s first love experience,”

“Feeling bad after reject someone?” A familiar voice suddenly rang inside Sunyoul’s ears. “You’re listening to our conversation?” Wooshin rolled his eyes and chuckled. “Well yeah. It was coincidence though, I was chilling and enjoying the weather and suddenly I heard your voice,” the black haired student said, “you’ve chose the best decision,” Sunyoul stared at Wooshin in confusion. “What do you mean the best decision? If I accepted the confession, then it would be the worst decision?” Sunyoul asked innocently. Wooshin didn’t give any answer—he wasn’t really sure what will he say—instead he shrugged and smiled. “One week to go until the graduation day,” Wooshin mumbled, “I’m curious whether it will be sad or boring one just like last year’s,”

‘Probably will be the saddest for both of us,’ Sunyoul thought.