The Tough Kim Wooseok

I Hate My New Teacher

It had been several months since Wooshin told Sunyoul to stop caring about him. They had talked but it was just a small conversation, like calling Wooshin’s name to tell him to stand up in front of the class and sing or secretly greeting each other. The private lesson Wooshin previously had had been finished by Sunyoul since the teacher thought Wooshin was starting to keep up his good scores.

It was all a normal day for Wooshin, until Sunyoul came to his class to start the lesson. But something was off and the class could smell it. Sunyoul only said a simple ‘hey’ and sat on his chair. He looked weak and sick but maybe it was just in Wooshin’s imagination. “Sunyoul, what are we going to do today?” A boy tried to break the ice. “Oh, let’s have a free time today because I have something to do. You can do whatever you want but please do not be too loud or the principal will come and give all of you detention,” Sunyoul said softly. Most of the students were cheering happily, except Wooshin. He kept his eyes on Sunyoul who was pale and buried his head into his arms which were folded on the table. Something was clearly off today. The blonde didn’t deny the fact that he was concerned about the music teacher.

He noticed his classmates were too busy to even notice him, so Wooshin slowly walked and took the nearest chair from Sunyoul’s desk. “I thought you have something to do today.” Wooshin cleared his throat and let out the statement. Sunyoul blinked his eyes twice and looked at Wooshin with his sleepy eyes. Usually, they were sparkly and full of excitement, but that day, Sunyoul looked really tired. “So the ‘important thing you should do today’ is actually sleeping? Wow, I just realized how busy my homeroom teacher is,” Wooshin said sarcastically. Sunyoul sighed and lifted his hand. The blonde guy thought maybe Sunyoul would slap him because he had said an inappropriate thing. But all he could feel, his lips were closed by Sunyoul’s hand. “Please stop talking,” Sunyoul whispered. It wasn’t like an order. It was like Sunyoul was begging. Wooshin froze on his place and watched Sunyoul smiling. “Thank you,” he breathed and patted Wooshin’s blonde head, but quickly his arm fell onto the table. It was so weak. The young student could feel his face felt hotter just because the soft pat he received. How could Sunyoul make a tough guy like Wooshin having some difficulties with his own heart and mind?

“Wooshin,” Sunyoul whispered and quickly got a respond from the person. “Yeah?” Wooshin tried to trust his voice. “Have you eaten yet?” Sunyoul asked suddenly.

The blonde stared confusedly and nodded. Well, he was lying, but he didn’t want to make the teacher cared or even worried about him. “Ah, that’s good then.” Sunyoul smiled and Wooshin’s hand that was placed near him. “I’m afraid you’d get sick because you didn’t eat.” Wooshin looked at Sunyoul fixedly and suddenly he noticed something. It hit him really hard.

Sunyoul was breathing heavily and there were sweats on his face. The room was an air-conditioned room and why did Sunyoul sweat like that? Wooshin encouraged himself to put his hand on Sunyoul’s neck. ‘That’s hella hot. He has a fever,’ he thought. “Hey, you’re not okay. What the hell are you doing here if you’re not feeling well?” Wooshin asked, but it seemed Sunyoul had been asleep for 3 minutes already. He didn’t know what to do about the teacher. “Jinhoo!” Wooshin shouted and the other walked to him. “What are you doing here? Sitting near Sunyoul like a coup—“ Wooshin quickly cut Jinhoo’s sentence and said, “shut your mouth and help me bring this bastard to the medical room.” Judging from the glare in Wooshin’s eyes, Jinhoo knew how serious his blonde best friend was. Without any rejection, Jinhoo slowly took Sunyoul’s arm and placed it on his shoulder, following his best friend’s action. “Damn, Wooseok. This guy’s really heavy,” Jinhoo protested. “No he’s not. You’re the shorter one so the gravity pulls everything at you. Now leave him alone. I’ll carry him by myself.”

---

Sunyoul groggily opened his eyes and he saw the white ceiling on top of him, and surprisingly, he noticed the place. He was in the medical room. But, how? “Good morning, Bunny,” a familiar voice and accent could be heard right next to him. “Wooshin?” Sunyoul asked, didn’t believe himself. “Surprise, surprise, it’s me.” The other rolled his eyes sarcastically. “You’re having a fever and how could you even go to school and try to teach us with your sick condition like this?” Sunyoul giggled at the statement. “Don’t you dare to giggle at me like that!” Wooshin pouted and stared at Sunyoul. “I didn’t walk from the class to here by myself, right?” Sunyoul asked. “Nope. Jinhoo and I brought you here, so at least say thank you to both of us and give us an A already in our report!” Wooshin said. Sunyoul blinked his eyes and his round eyes were staring at Wooshin. “Stop looking at me. I don’t want to see your cute face in front of me like you’re begging something at me. Your ‘cute face’ is annoying,” Wooshin mumbled again and then left his seat to walk from the medical room. Sunyoul tilted his head in confusion and whispered to himself, “did I make a cute face just now?”

“For him, maybe it was cute,” Jinhoo said and took Wooshin’s previous seat. “What do you mean?” Sunyoul asked confusedly while Jinhoo was grinning from ear to ear.

---

Wooshin was waiting for the vending machine to have his drink when suddenly he heard a familiar annoying voice from his right side.  “Oh look, who’s that guy?” Clearly, Wooshin’s curiosity killed him already. He turned his head to the voice and he quickly cursed inside his heart. ‘, this Sungjoon guy again.’ Wei and his friends walked to Wooshin confidently and he kept his hands inside his pockets to show who the alpha was. But Wooshin didn’t even take a step back, instead he kept standing still on his place. “What do you want from me, Sungjoon?” Wooshin opened his mouth and glared at Wei. Wei laughed and seriously, Wooshin wanted to take a handful of sand and throw it into Wei’s mouth. “I saw you were carrying the music teacher to…I don’t know, medical room?” Wei started, “so what has happened to him? He seemed so weak and did he beg at you to bring him to the medical room? Oh what a great boyfriend you are, Wooshin,”

The drink he had waited for had fell to the slot, but Wooshin didn’t even care. “Your music teacher…damn, he’s cute. It would be a waste if I take him from you and having some fun with him,” Wei continued teasing Wooshin. “Shut your mouth. He has a name and don’t you dare to lay your dirty hands on him,” Wooshin threatened. His body was trembling, maybe because of he was really afraid or he was furious to Wei and ready to explode soon. “Ah, so now our little friend has a feeling to his music teacher? So cute. But hey, do you know a fun fact about him, Wooshin? His boyfriend was an old man and he even sold his body. I was playing prank on him and so I called him to have a date with me and he agreed! Oh, how cheap your boyfriend is.” Wei kicked the sand and stared at Wooshin like he was his prey. The blonde’s chest was rapidly moving up and down. He was controlling his anger but it seemed it would fail anyway. He fisted his hand, trying his best not to punch Wei on his face.

“I know you paid him to make your score higher,” Wei still on his little world, teasing Wooshin and having fun with his own words. “Oh yeah? Where did you know it?” Wooshin moved closer to Wei and his heart was thumping really fast. “Well, all of us know it, tough guy. Or maybe you didn’t pay him, but maybe he was thirsty for your and then you let him giving you his best job and, bam, A+ in your report.” Wei clapped proudly like he was an idiot giving himself an appreciation. “Oh, guess what, Wei. Maybe you’re correct, I’m his boyfriend. And his name is god damn Sunyoul.” That was it. Wooshin lost his temper and ran to Wei, preparing for his fist to land on the tall guy, and surprisingly, it hit right in the middle of Wei’s face. Like how tough guys would fight, Wei recovered from his injury and stood up, answering Wooshin’s punch as a signal for their fight. One vs four wasn’t easy for Wooshin. He threw punches to his rivals and dodged from every hit. Sometimes, he wasn’t lucky enough to dodge and 1 or 2 guys could land their hand on Wooshin, but clearly, something was dominating over his body and made him felt even stronger than before. Anger.

Wooshin was like a satan who didn’t even try to resist his power and would kill everyone who stands in the middle of his way. He saw Wei was trying to run away, but his hand was quicker than the poor guy. “Where are you going? I swear I wouldn’t let you go from this fight. I will make you suffer as the result of making fun of Sunyoul. Don’t you dare to talk nonsense about him anymore and don’t lay your fingers on him—even on his hair—or I will kill you and throw your body away so no one could find your dead body,” Wooshin said. He stared at Wei who was trembling because he knew he had summoned a demon and he didn’t have any choice except listening to Wooshin’s word and did everything he said. “O-okay! Now, let me go! I promise I won’t do that again!” Wei begged with teary eyes looking at Wooshin. Wooshin really wanted to ruin Wei’s face once again but suddenly he heard a voice calling for him.

Wooshin, stop it!”

Wooshin looked at the person and his eyes were widening. “Stop this fight! Sungjoon, stop bothering Wooshin. If all of you want to have a fight, don’t do it in here! Wooshin, let him go!” Sunyoul shouted and his high pitched voice even went higher than the usual. “What? So now, you’re on this jerk’s side?” Wooshin protested. “Who said that? I’m not on your side or his side! Both of you’re guilty for it and I’m not going to protect one of you!” Sunyoul replied. His voice was trembling, he acted like he was a tough guy but Wooshin knew how weak Sunyoul was. Wooshin clicked his tongue and let go his grip from Wei’s shirt. “I’m not going to forgive you if you do this again.” He said as he watched the tall guy ran ridiculously. Wooshin stood up and didn’t try to lift his head and face Sunyoul. “What are you doing here, Sunyoul? You’re supposed to be on bed! I’m worried about you—“

Wooshin stopped his words as he felt Sunyoul hugging him. “Where’s the tough Kim Wooseok who didn’t even care about me?” Sunyoul spoke softly as he caressed Wooshin’s blonde hair. Every touch he got from the teacher, Wooshin could feel his heart became warmer and he didn’t even realize he was crying. “Shut up,” Wooshin mumbled and his voice was trembling, “just shut up,” he said as he tightened his hug onto Sunyoul’s fragile body.

“There you go, I know Wooshin likes Sunyoul,” Jinhoo whispered to Hwanhee as he smiled widely. “Damn, I ship them so much,” Hwanhee replied as he hid behind the wall with Jinhoo, "by the way, I saw Wooshin carried Sunyoul to the medical room. Why did you just walk behind him then?" Jinhoo smiled after he listened to the question, "well, Wooshin was the one who wanted to carry Sunyoul by himself."