Chapter nine

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 9

Almost

 

 

 

“What ever you do. Don’t tell her that you can see me ok?” Mina emphasised every word, making sure that _____ gets it.

 

“What if it slipped out of my tongue.”  _____ can be careless at times, speaking without thinking too much about it. 

 

Mina shook her head. “Don’t. You shouldn’t.” She doesn’t want sana to know that she’s wandering around, looking for ways to get back to her body. She doesn’t know if sana will be able to handle it.

 

Right after finishing their lunch, ____ received a message from an unknown number asking her what she’s doing. 

“Who’s that?” Mina peeked over to look at the text. ____ shrugged in return, not knowing who it is. Just as she was about to ignore the message another one came up saying she’s sana. ____ quickly saved the number and replied. 

 

From : Sana 

 

I’m going to my best friend. Do you want to come with me? If you want to… It’s ok if you don’t want..

 

“Oh my god! This is it.” ____ shouted, gaining Mina’s attention. “What?!” She quickly went beside ____.

“Oh my god we need to go.” Mina felt excited and nervous at the same time. She could finally see her body after days and weeks of going around. 

 

_____ and mina went to a cafe near the hospital to meet up with sana, who wasn’t there yet when they’ve arrived. 

“So what’s your plan when you see yourself?” ____ asked, sipping from her iced coffee. She felt a tint of sadness, thinking that there won’t be anyone bothering and following her around.

 

Mina haven’t really thought about it yet, all she has planned was looking for her body at the hospital. She still doesn’t know how she’ll get back, but she thought that she just have to figure it out once she’s in front of her body. “I still have to think about it.” 

 

Not long after, sana walked in and apologised for being late. She felt sorry that she’s the one who asked to meet up but she’s the one who’s late. 

“No, it’s fine. Do you want any coffee or maybe a slice of cake?” _____ offered. 

Sana shook her head, remembering she drank a lot of caffeine for the past days. It’s best to skip coffee for now. “I’m ok. Let’s just go to the hospital.” She smiled and lead their way to the hospital, which only took a hundred steps from the cafe. 

 

“By the way, I was just curious. How did you find me at the rooftop? Only a few people know about that place and it’s kinda hard to see.” 

 

“Oh… I was just…looking for a place to be alone and I happen to see the building.” _____ smiled nervously. Mina, who’s beside her, was helping her make an excuse. 

“I see…” They entered the elevator and went up to the 4th floor. “I visit her almost everyday, although I wasn’t able to visit yesterday, since you know.” She said, referring to what happened yesterday.

The two of them stood in front of the door and sana knocked before entering. There wasn’t anyone inside, except for Mina. It made the latter a bit sad that no one is visiting her, but nevertheless she still felt nervous seeing herself lying at the hospital bed. She walked closer and observed herself, looking so peaceful. 

“The maid must have taken a break.” Sana stood beside Mina,, fixing the girl’s blanket. _____ followed closely.

 

“She’s Mina, my best friend. Only best friend.” Sana smiled bitterly at the fact that she might lose her one and only best friend. How cruel life can be.

 

______ patted the other girl’s shoulder, trying to comfort her. “She must mean a lot to you.”

 

“Yeah.. She’s the only one who can understand me. That’s why I feel so lost now, I don’t know if I can still continue on without my best friend.” Mina felt a bit teary, feeling useless right now. I should be of help to her, but I’m the one causing her this.

 

_____ figured that Sana depended a lot to Mina. She thought that it must have been hard for sana. She somehow felt that she needs to be with the girl for a while, until Mina gets back to her body.

 

Sana excused herself as she needed to go to the restroom for a while. 

“What do we do now?” ____ turned to Mina. 

“I don’t know yet, but we need to come back here again. And I also need to see my parents.” She answered still has a fixed gaze on her body. Mina is still thinking of a possible solution, but nothing is coming to her mind.

 

“Where’s mina’s parents?” ____ asked once sana came back from the restroom. The maid still hasn’t come back. 

“They’re probably at work. They’re very busy persons.”

 

They stayed for a while and went home once the maid returned. 

“So.. let’s hang out again next time?” Sana asked, feeling shy all of a sudden. They were already outside the hospital.

“Yeah sure. How are you going to go home?” 

“I’ll be taking the bus. Bye ____.” Sana smiled. 

_____ thought for a while then offered. “You know what, how about I take the bus with you?”

 

“You don’t have to do that. It’s still early, I’m sure nothing bad will happen.” Mina told ____, even though she's worried about her best friend she knows that Sana can go home alone. 

“It’s ok.” ____ whispered for mina to hear.

 

“So Mina calls you a squirrel? Why?” The two were talking about some random things and they happen to talk about nicknames.

“She said I looked like one. Because I had chubby cheeks.” 

“Aye.. Really? Where’s your chubby cheeks now?” _____ pinched Sana’s cheeks lightly, making the latter laugh. 

“That was before I lost weight.” Sana took out her phone and showed _____ a picture of her 2 years ago. 

“You do look like a squirrel. You’re so cute~” _____ swiped the pictures and saw baby pictures, making sana blush, which didn’t go unnoticed by____. 

“You’re blushing!” _____ pointed accusingly, laughing at how red the other girl looks.

 

“Tch. She already forgot about me.” Mina glared at the oblivious ____, who’s laughing at Sana. Mina sat at the back of Sana and _____’s seat, since it’s the closest vacant seat.

 

 

 

As what they’ve planned, the two went back to the hospital the day after, but wasn’t able to enter the room since the maid is still inside. They sat at chairs at the corridor and had to wait for 2 hours before they saw the maid go out of the room.

 

They just stood inside, staring at the sleeping mina. 

 

The latter suddenly clapped and smiled as if she won the lottery. 

“What is it?” _____ asked, weirded out by the girl beside her.

 

Mina looked at _____, clasping her hands.“What if someone needs to kiss me so I can wake up? the physical me, I mean”

“ Who are you? Sleeping beauty?” It sounded insane to ____. She doesn’t know if Mina is in her right mind at the moment.

“ Can you try it? pleaseee… for me?”

 

_____ crossed her arms, not wanting where this is going.“ I’m not a prince charming. I’m not even a boy for pete’s sake” 

“You didn’t watch maleficent, did you? Just give it a try, who knows it might work.” Mina doesn’t even what gotten into her that’s she’s being so persistent right now. All she knows is she’s desperate.

_____ sighed, giving in. She knew that Mina would keep on asking her. There’s no use saying no. “Fine. even though it’s a very ridiculous idea’

Mina had a smile on her face when ____ was already leaning in to her sleeping self. Her hopes got higher even though this only happens in fairytales. 

 

“This is crazy.” ____ mumbled before giving a light kiss at mina’s lips. 

Nothing happened.

 

“See. I told you. Let’s go now, you can just think at home.” _____ pulled mina out of the room, not wanting the maid to see her. 

“Yah. Let’s go.” Mina snapped out of her thoughts when she felt _____ pulling her. 

 

Mina was sure that she felt the kiss. She was sure. Just thinking about it makes her feel butterflies on her stomach. Mina already know why, but is still in denial. Maybe the time will come when she’ll accept what she feels, but not yet.

 


I already have the future chapters planned so just a couple more chapters then this story will come to an end. About 5 more? at least that's what I plan, if there aren't any variables. 

I'll be updating again this week to make it up for almost a month of no updates :))