Chapter Ten

Beautiful Soul

 

 


Chapter 10

Bridge

 

 

“That’s my parents!” Mina pointed at a woman who looks like she’s on her 50’s and a man in  business attire, about to enter the car. _____ and mina just went down from the hospital and is now at the lobby, after visiting mina’s body.

_____ dragged Mina and called a taxi to follow mina’s parents. She wondered why her parents didn’t even stopped by at her room. 

“They’re probably going home, we’ll now know where’s your house.”

 

They stood in front of the huge house, and _____ admired the exterior of the house. 

Mina suddenly had her arms on her head and looked like she’s having a headache.

“What happened?” _____ placed her hand on mina’s shoulder, worried if the girl is feeling any pain right now. 

“Just some sort of memory flashed in my mind. I was holding candies and I was about to eat them but someone stole it from me.” Mina pouted at the bad memory. She was imagining herself when she was a child, and her candies being stolen was probably one of the most saddest moments in her life, that’s what she thinks.

 

_____ laughed it off saying Mina was probably a cry baby before. 

“Excuse me, I’m not.” Mina had her arms crossed, blowing off the strands of hair on her face. 

“Yeah right…. If you don’t need me now, I’ll go home already. I still need to finish my research.” ____ looked at the time. She doesn’t really want to say goodbye but she has to since mina is already home. I guess I’d be alone again. 

 

“What do you mean ‘ I’ll ‘? Are you planning to leave me here?” Mina felt upset that ____ was going home without her. It made her think that _____ doesn’t want her around anymore, which made her more upset than she already was. 

“Isn’t this your home?” _____ scratched her head. She was sure mina told her when they met that she’s just going to stay at her place until she finds her address. 

If her frown can get any deeper than it is, mina had already done it. “Am I only bothering you? Do you not want me around?” She felt hurt that she’s unwanted. She usually doesn’t care if others like her or not, but she doesn’t know why she’s so affected by ____.

The latter waved her hand frantically, not wanting Mina to think that way, because it’s really not the reason. “It’s not like that. I just thought that you’d want to stay at your house since it’s more comfortable.” 

“I’d rather stay at your place.” 

_____ nodded and smiled. “Okay then. Suit yourself.  Let’s go home?” 

 

_____ didn’t know why mina chose to stay at her small apartment than staying at the huge house of theirs. Mina can get really unexpected at times.

 

A week and a half later

 

“I’ll be going out to meet sana, you coming?” _____ was tying her shoes, getting ready to go out. Sana and her planned to eat somewhere and walk on the streets to see if there’s anything fun to do.

“Again?” Mina noticed that _____ and Sana had been hanging out too much. Although she asked _____ to be with her best friend for a while, she didn’t mean that they’d go out everyday. She thinks that they’re overdoing it, and it somehow makes her blood boil.

“Umm… Yeah?” 

Should I come or not? But even if I come _____ would just give her attention to sana. She even forgot that I was with her yesterday. 

“I’ll just stay here.” 

 

“You sure? I’ll be going now.” ____ felt unsure leaving Mina. The latter would always come with her everywhere she goes. Maybe she’s tired.

 

Mina sat at the couch, crossing her arms as she can’t help but think of what the two will be doing. “UGh!!! Why am I even thinking about them?! It’s not like I care!!!” She ruffled her hair and threw the pillow she’s holding. For the whole week, Mina had been like this. She always got frustrated and angry every time Her best friend and _____ will meet up. _____ would always talk to sana as if she wasn’t there. 

 

Flashback

 

Sana asked ____ if she wanted to go to an ice cream parlour near their house. _____ had just finished her research and had a free time so she agreed. Mina went with her as she doesn’t have anything to do.

_____ and sana were sitting across each other, while mina was sitting beside ____.

 

The two were just having a conversation and then ____ noticed that sana had a bit of ice cream just near her lips, so she took a tissue and wiped it from sana’s lips. 

 

Mina scoffed at the scene. Tch.. what is this a cliche movie? oh please. Why does sana have to eat so messily? 

 

End of Flashback

 

Mina doesn’t know what had gotten unto her lately that she’d been acting this way. She’s so confused as to why she’s feeling a lot of things like having a hard time breathing when _____ is close to her. She suddenly finds it uncomfortable when ____ is looking at her straight in the eye.

 

She had spent her days thinking and sorting out her feelings, and she came into conclusion : She likes _____. 

While at it, she also thought if it would be better to tell ____ already. She thought that she wouldn’t be able to sleep peacefully like the past few days, if she wouldn’t tell ____. 

 

She’s looking for the perfect timing, and as if the heaven is listening to her prayers, she thought that now’s the perfect timing.

Mina and _____ are eating at the dining table. Mina was about to say it but _____ interrupted her.

 

“There’s something I have to tell you. I thought I should tell you first because she’s you’re best friend.” _____ put down her utensils and looked directly at Mina.

“Okay… What about Sana?” 

“I think I kinda like her. You don’t mind right?” _____ felt like she’s asking permission from sana’s parents, which is very nerve-wracking even though Mina is her friend. 

 

Mina couldn’t control her facial expression. Her frown is very visible that _____ thought that Mina doesn’t like her for sana. Just when Mina was ready to tell _____ how she feels it just had to be ruined. It’s not just her plan that had been ruined, but also her heart and hope that ____ will like her back. 

Yes, she knows that there’s a huge possibility that the other girl wouldn’t reciprocate her feelings but she wasn’t expecting that ____ already have someone in mind, and not just someone, it’s her best friend. Of all the people, her best friend is the one ____ likes. 

So this is how being in a one sided love feels like. 

 

“Is there something wrong?” ____ got even more nervous but with a mix of hurt since Mina doesn’t think that the two of them should aren’t compatible. 

“Huh? NO! I was just… surprised. yeah.. just surprised.” Mina said, after gaining control of her emotions. 

____ sighed in relief. “I wanted to tell you first before anyone else, you know, like to ask permission or something. Even chaeyoung doesn’t know.”

The other girl forced a smile. “You didn’t have to ask me. I’m fine with it, just tell sana. If you really like her, be the first one to tell her because if sana does like you too she wouldn’t be the one to confess first.” 

 Great. I can even give advice when I’m too much of a coward to say that I like you. It’s too late anyway. I don’t know what will hurt more. Being rejected indirectly or directly.

 

“Thanks Mina.” ____ smiled sincerely, she planned to find the right timing and tell sana. She thinks that there’s a 50-50 chance. Even so, she’ll still tell sana like what mina said. 

 

A few days later

 

As usual, ____ walked sana home and they are now standing in front of her house. 

 

“Do you want to go out again tomorrow? or maybe when you’re free?” _____ finds it hard to look directly at Sana’s eyes. 

 

“Yeah. Tomorrow sounds nice.” As much as sana sounded very chill about it, her mind and heart are completely the opposite. She was the one who usually asks to hang out, but now ____ is the one asking her. 

 

______ looked at her wrist watch. “I’ll come by at around 10?”

“Sure.”

 

“It’s a date then.” _____ tried so hard to make it sound casual and barely managed to maintain a chill expression when she’s already panicking inside.

 

Sana smiled at the thought of them going on a date. She thought that there’s no chance of her being with _____ since the latter didn’t show any sign that she likes her too until now. 

 

“Bye Sana.” 

 

“_____! wait.” Sana rushed towards _____, who looked back at the call of her name.

Something soft touched ____’s cheek that made her freeze, and the next thing she knew Sana was already running back to her house.

______ touched her right cheek where sana left a kiss and smiled unconsciously. A sweet and innocent one.

 

 

“So what happened?” Mina asked immediately when she saw _____, coming back from meeting her best friend. 

“huh?” ______ scratched the back of her head, still dazed.

“Did you ask sana already? What did she say?” Mina seemed very curious of what happened. 

 

“Ah.. I didn’t exactly ask if she wanted to be my girlfriend but… I just asked her on a date. I figured it’s too early for us to be in a relationship. Don’t you think so?” She decided before that they’d just go out on dates and such to get to know each other better before engaging in a relationship.

 

“I agree. It’s too early. Don’t take things too fast.” Mina nodded, staring at space, starting to zone out.

There’s a side of her that says that she should be happy because her best friend finally has someone other than her, while another side of her wishes that things won’t work out for them. Mina wasn’t one to wish someone bad luck especially best friend. It made her feel guilty for thinking something like that. She didn’t expect that there would come a time when she would want to take away sana’s happiness. Mina wanted to be selfish for just one time, but she knows that she wouldn’t be able to do it.

 


Another chapter down! yay! 

I'll update as soon as I can. Although I'm not sure when cause I have finals next week. But I'll find time ;)