Chapter fourteen

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 14

What often feels like the end

is only the beginning.

 

 

 

 

“_-_____?” Mina uttered, causing _____’s eyes to widen. 

“You remember me?” _____ asked. I thought she has amnesia. 

 

Mina quickly stood up and went to give ____ a hug. 

_____ stiffen but quickly relaxed as she felt Mina sniffling. “Are you crying?” _____ asked worriedly.

Mina pulled from the hug and smiled, tears still flowing down. “ I’m just happy that you’re here.”

 

The door opened and Mina’s mom entered the room. “Mina?” She looked at her daughter, asking for an explanation. 

Mina looked at _____ and told her that she’ll just call or visit her at her apartment and that she has to talk to her mom. 

“Sana… I’ll see you later?” 

“Yeah, sure. I’ll come by tomorrow.” Sana left with _____ and left Mina and her mom alone.

 

“Mom. Cancel the marriage.” Mina said in a demanding tone.

“What do you mean cancel? I already talked to them.” 

“I didn’t agree to this. How could you take advantage of my situation just to strengthen the company?” Mina couldn’t believe that her mom would go to that extent. She knew that her mom would do what she can just to make their business bigger, but she didn’t knew that she’d lie to her, given her condition. It made her wonder if her parents really cared for her.

 

Her mom clenched her hand. She didn’t allow mina to talk to her best friend because she knows that sana will tell her daughter. “What? Did Sana tell you that?”

 

Mina could only laugh at how her own mother is acting right now. “No mom. I remember everything.” 

 

“Mina..I’m.. I’m…”

 

“Cancel the marriage or else I’ll leave and never come back anymore.” Mina threatened, which actually worked as her mother called her business partners and called off the marriage. 

 

 

After mina was discharged from the hospital, she immediately fixed her things at her house and called ____’s number, which she got from sana, and asked her to meet at the cafe.

 

“Where’s sana? You’re not with her?” Mina took a sip from her cold drink.

“No…”

“You should call her so you can spend time together.” 

 

“She told me she’ll be busy for the next days.” The last time the two talked was just yesterday and sana told her that she’d be focusing more on her studies so she’ll be busy.

 

“Too bad. You know you should surprise visit her at her house! I would give you her address. She would like it.” _____ noticed that mina is faking her excitement and it made her quite irritated. 

 

“Why do you keep on pushing me to sana?” She placed her drink down and looked at Mina directly.

“Because she’s your girlfriend.” Mina said as a matter of fact. She frowned at the thought that _____ forgot she has a girlfriend. 

 

“Sana and I dated, we weren’t in a relationship. I thought I told you that we’re only dating?” ______ tried making it clear for her. 

 

“Still…You’re dating my best friend.” Mina actually thought that if two persons start dating they’re already a couple. 

 

“We already talked about it and we decided to stop.” ______ was sad at first when sana asked her that they should stop already, but both of them already accepted the fact that _____ likes someone else and sana doesn’t want to hinder them.

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“She knows.” _____ said pertaining on their feelings for each other. 

 

“And I told her about me seeing your soul.”

“Really? What did she say? Did she believe you?” Mina wondered why Sana hadn’t asked about it when they saw each other. She’s expecting Sana has a lot of question on her mind, but why isn’t she asking?

 

Flashback

 

“That’s the problem… I don’t know where.” 

“How about we go to her house and ask the maids?”

As they headed to Mina’s house to ask the maids, ____ felt that this is the right time to tell sana.

 

“Sana-ah… I have something to tell you.” The serious tone of ______ made sana nervous but she’s ready for it anyway. 

“Yeah?”

“I’m going to tell you something that might surprise you and you may or may not believe. It’s up to you. I just want to be honest.” ____ honestly didn’t know how to say it to sana. She tried practicing it before but it still doesn’t sound better how many times she tried.

“Ok…Tell me.” She took a deep breath and prepared herself to whatever it is. 

“I know mina, even before you introduced her to me. But we met on a very weird way..” ____ told Sana everything from the start until when Mina disappeared, including mina’s confession.

Sana was groping for words, she didn’t exactly know how she should take it all in. Although of course she believes _____ even though it sounds insane.

 

“Mina likes you, and you like her too right?” Sana tried so hard not to look too sad. She thought that if there’s anyone who’s going to adjust it would be her. She loves her best friend and she loves _____, but she can’t have both so she told ____ that they should just remain as friends. 

 

“If I won’t let you go, I’ll just be hurting and you’ll feel trapped. Both of us will be hurt. I can deal with it if it’s only me. I want you to be happy.” Sana smiled, letting ____ know that she’s fine with it even if she isn’t.

 

_____ felt bad. She knows that she’s hurting her. “Sana…”

“It’s ok, don’t worry about me.”

“How can I not worry about you?”

 

“I’ll get over this eventually. There’s a lot of people like you anyways. I can just look for another one.” Sana tried to lighten the mood.

_____ crossed her arms and pretended to be offended. “Tch. I’m one in a million you know?”

“But there’s 7 billion people in the world.”

“It’s a metaphor!” ______ rolled her eyes.

Sana chuckled at how childish their conversation is. “Alright you win. But seriously, I’ll be able to move on.”

“If you say so.. friends?” ______ offered. 

“No.”

______ looked at her, not knowing if Sana is serious or not.

 

“Best friends.” She held ____ hands and shook it.

 

“Best friends. I’m your new best friend, not mina. She’s just you friend.” ____ smiled, thinking that it went well. She didn’t lose sana as a friend.

“Whatever you say.”

 

End of flashback

 

The two went to _____’s apartment after finishing their drink at the cafe, as mina whined on how she misses the apartment even though it hadn’t been long since she remembered it.

“You know I want to live here rather than at my house. Can I stay here?” Mina pouted and acted cute in front of ____.

The latter flicked her forehead. “No. You can’t”

 

“But I was already staying here before!”

 

“That was when you didn’t have anywhere to go.” _____ laughed at how childish the other girl is.

“Tch. I’ll just sleep over here every weekend or whenever.” This stubborn girl, really..

 

“You can’t just sleep here whenever.”

 

“I can. You can’t do anything about it.” 

 

“I can. I’ll lock the door.” 

 

“You won’t.” ______ could only let out a sigh of defeat.

 

Mina decided to tell _____ about the arrange marriage her parents had set up for her.

“Wait. Your going to marry someone?!” ______ had mixed of emotions. She felt sad because she didn’t have a chance to be with mina anymore, angry because her parents forced her, and a little bit jealous of the guy Mina is going to marry.

“Gosh, Let me finish first will you?” Mina rolled her eyes and continued, saying she told her mom to stop the marriage. 

______ felt relieved that Mina does’t have to marry anyone because she’s too young. 

 

“ Do you remember that time when I told you I remembered myself holding candies and somebody took it away from me?” Mina brought up another topic.

 

_____ tried to think and was able to remember it. “When we were in front of your house? Yeah I do.”

“Turns out it wasn’t candy that I was holding. It was the sleeping pills that I planned to use to end my life. Then the guy I was supposed to marry tried getting it from me and that’s when I fell from the stairs.” Mina chuckled bitterly as she remembered what happened that night at the stairs. She actually thought of saying thanks to the guy because if it wasn’t for him she wouldn’t have met _____.

 

They were sitting at the couch and is watching a cooking show, mina’s head on _____ shoulders while they watched. She suddenly sat up straight as she remembered something.

 

“I heard you in my dreams. You were waking me up and you told me that you love me… Is that true?” It felt very real to her. She woke up from her coma after having that dream although it was a bit blurry when she woke up but it became clear once her memories came back.

 

“What? The dream or the I love you?”

 

“Both?” Mina shyly asked.

 

“Mm.. I did told you that.” 

 

“So…”

 

“So?” _____ raised an eyebrow.

 

“Since you said you love me…” Mina’s smile is getting wider as she continue her sentence.

 

“Yeah?” _____ didn’t seem to get what Mina was trying to say.

 

“It’s our first day today!” She hugged _____ tightly making the latter have a hard time to breathe.

Mina seriously hadn’t been this happy ever since. She was constantly pressured by her parents and was finding life very hard and unbearable, only if it wasn’t for sana she wouldn’t have survived.

But now that she has something or rather someone to look forward to everyday, she couldn’t ask for more. 

 

 

The couple went out for their first date. They just went to the mall and strolled around the streets and ended up at the park. 

“I used to come here when I feel depressed. I almost left a suicide note here. Just near this bench.” Mina chuckled thinking back. She looked back at herself and sees her old self as a fool. 

 

“And you know what? I left it here but I went back for it. And when I looked at at the note, I saw a letter written on it. A stranger wrote that I shouldn’t do it.”

 

______ frowned as she tries to remember something. “What color is the paper? Is it pink and the words were written with a metallic pen?” 

 

“Umm.. yeah.. How did you know? I don’t think I’ve told you this before.” Mina was sure she hadn’t told _____ about it because it’s one of the memories that were temporarily erased.

 

“ ‘There would come a time when you would find your purpose in life. It can be a goal or a person, it doesn’t matter. Everything will be ok at the end. If it’s not ok then it’s not yet the end.’ The note was something like that right?”

 

“Yeah.” Mina nodded slowly, the words on the letter are still crystal clear to her. She finds it weird that ____ knows about the letter.

 

“I was the one who wrote it. I was writing a poem at that time and was looking for an inspiration when I saw the paper. You know I hate littering, so I picked it up and read it. I wasn’t really expecting that the owner, aka you, would come back and get it, but I just wrote a note.” _____ explained. She actually hoped that the one who wrote it would come back so she left it where she found it, although she knew that there’s 98% chance that the owner wouldn’t come back to get it. I guess I’m right that I didn’t underestimated that 2%

 

“I didn’t want a stranger to see my suicide note, so I went back to get it.” 

 

“Wait. So you were really planning to commit suicide at that time?”

 

“Yeah… If you didn’t left a note at my paper, I wouldn’t be here anymore.” Mina actually felt embarrassed that she tried committing suicide, although she knows that _____ would understand her.

“Thank goodness I can’t handle people littering or else I wouldn’t have met you.” _____ laughed and placed her arm around mina. She wanted the latter to feel secure and that she’s always beside her.

 

“ I think I now know why you were the only one who was able to see me.” Mina smiled and looked at _____ at the eye.

 

“Why?”

 

Mina didn’t answer but instead gave her a peck on the lips, leaving _____ more curious.

 

The end

 


Thank you dear readers for staying with me throughout the story^^ 

Thank you to all who commented, It always bring smile to my face. Thanks a lot to those who upvoted :)