Chapter five

Beautiful Soul

 


 

Chapter 5 

Find them together

 

 

_____ woke up without the help of the alarm clock, which is surprising. She cooked breakfast and took a bath. All she needs to do now is to eat. 

Before she takes a sit, she glanced at the living room and saw mina sleeping. _____ decided to approach the girl.

She crouched and looked at the sleeping girl in front of her. Should I wake her up? 

She contemplated for a while, but decided not to. Just as she was about to stand up, Mina woke up, eyes wide, seeing ____ up close. 

 

______ landed on her , startled. They were staring at each other for a couple of second. 

 

  • Cough * Feeling awkward, _____ stood up and went to the dining table to eat. 

Mina followed her once she composed herself. “Were you watching me sleep?”

 

____ scoffed. “You wish.” She drank her water, suddenly feeling hot. 

 

Mina smirked, seeing the girl blush. Although she really want to know whether _____ was watching her sleep, deep inside she was secretly hoping that that was the case. Wait. Isn’t it supposed to be creepy when someone’s watching me sleep? 

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” _____ asked. Mina didn’t notice that ____ already finished eating, but nevertheless she took the utensils and started eating. 

 

“ I’ll be going to school now, just leave the dishes at the sink, I’ll wash them when I come back.” She placed her books inside her bag, trying to remember what she needed to bring for school. She didn’t want to forget anything or else she have to comeback and get it, like what usually happens. 

 

“ What time are you coming back?” Mina asked, feeling sad that she had to stay alone at the apartment. 

 

_____ thought for a while, having a hard time to remember her schedule even though first semester is about to end already. “ Around 4 in the afternoon.” 

 

_____ went out of the apartment and walked her way to her school, hoping to see her best friend on the way. 

 

Mina sat down at the couch, staring through space, wondering what to do. 

“ Should I go out and look for hospitals? Or should I just stay here for today?“ Mina took a coin and flipped it. 

I guess I should go out. Mina stood up and went outside, remembering the address of ____’s apartment. She walked to the right side of the street, observing her surroundings as she look for a hospital. 

 

.  .  .

“Yah! _____!” The owner of the name looked behind and saw her best friend running to catch up with her. 

Chaeyoung stood in front of ______, breathing heavily. 

“Let’s go so we won’t be late.” _____ dragged Chaeng into their classroom, while the latter complained telling her to slow down. 

 

They took a sit where there’s not much students around. “I have something to ask you.” 

Chaeyoung looked taken aback at how her friend is acting. “What is it? And why are you whispering?”

 

Right. Why am I whispering?

 

“What would you do if you see a ghost?” _____ asked carefully. On the way to school, she thought whether she’ll tell her friend that she can see ghosts, what happened and about Mina.

 

“I’ll go to the church and pray.” Chaeyoung answered, then quickly added. “Don’t tell me you’re going to say that you saw a ghost again. Stop imagining things, you’re just scaring yourself.” 

 

____ looked offended. Even though she knew that her friend is right. But not now, she believed that she’s not imagining things. She knows that Mina is real, or at least that’s what she believes. 

 

Before _____ could defend herself, someone tapped her shoulders that made her look beside her. She looked at the person with furrowed eyebrows, irritated that someone’s interrupting her. But once she saw who it was, she smiled immediately and asked what the girl needed. 

 

“Is this sit vacant?” In _____’s ears, the girl’s voice is like honey. Very Very sweet. 

 

Chaeng nudged her friend’s side, feeling second hand embarrassment. 

_____ finally stopped daydreaming. “ Oh.. Yeah, No one’s sitting there.” She smiled widely, couldn’t take her eyes off of jennie. 

 

“Do you remember we met in the cafe?” Jennie asked, smiling at the girl beside her. 

 

“ Yes, Of course.” _____ answered shortly, scared that she might stutter. 

 

“ Isn’t it quite far from here?” Jennie felt quite worried that _____ is travelling from seoul to apgujeong just to help her aunt. 

 

_____ let out a chuckle. “ Well it is… but can I ask you why you were there? I’m just wondering.”

 

“ Oh.. I just visited a friend there.” Jennie answered before focusing herself in front, where the teacher just arrived. 

 

____ felt a nudge at her shoulders and saw chaeyoung grinning from ear to ear. She mouthed ‘what?’ to the girl beside her. 

Chaeng wiggled her eyebrows, irritating ____. 

“ Stop teasing me!” She whispered harshly, feeling her face heat up. 

 

Their last lecture ended and ____ was fixing her things. 

“ See you around ____.” Jennie smiled, before leaving the classroom. 

 

“ Ye-Yeah..” She waved and watched Jennie as she go out. What’s wrong with my heart?

“ You’re so embarrassing.” Chaeyoung hit the back of her friend’s head and left. But even that can’t take away the goofy smile _____ has. 

 

.   .   .

 

“ Why do you look so happy? “ Mina placed down her spoon.

_____ bought an ice cream on her way back home. She and mina are sitting at the couch while eating the tub of ice cream. 

 

_____ wasn’t conscious enough to notice that she had been smiling ever since what happened during her class. “ Am I?”

 

“ Yes you are.” Mina seemed to be irritated, but brushed of the feeling since she shouldn’t be feeling irritated when someone’s happy.

 

____ looked at the girl beside her. “ I don’t see anything wrong with that. Anyway, what did you do while I was gone?” She hoped that mina wasn’t too bored. Wait, why do I even care if she gets bored or not?

 

“ I just went out to check some hospitals.” Mina casually answered, taking another spoonful of ice cream.

 

“ I’m guessing you didn’t find your body” _____ knew that mina wasn’t lucky today. It’s obvious. And the girl being on a slight bad mood gives it away.

 

Mina just hummed in response, remembering how tiring the walk was. I should’ve took the bus instead of going by foot. 

 

Both of them stopped talking and just continued eating. The two are thinking of what to say or a topic to bring up so they can talk about something but nothing came to their mind.

 

_____’s phone rang, breaking the silence. 

 

“ mom? “ The other line was a bit unstable but it got clear eventually. 

(…)

“ Not yet, we’re just about to eat.” 

(…)

_____ quickly corrected once she noticed the mistake.“ NO I mean I was just about to eat.”

(…)

“ I’m doing good.”

(…)

“ Yeah, alright.”

(…)

“ Love you too.”

(…)

“ And mom. Don’t forget your medicines, and don’t over work yourself, dad too.” She reminded, knowing her parents forgets the time and wouldn’t stop working until they get it done.

(…)

“ Bye.” She hang up and placed her phone beside her. 

 

 

_____ wouldn’t have notice that there were already tears streaming down mina’s face, if it hadn’t been for the sniffle.

 

“ Are you crying?” She asked the most obvious question right now. 

Mina wiped her tears and lied.

(Don't mind the subs)

____ hugged her tightly and her hair. She was thinking of just letting mina be, but she thought that the girl might need a hug with all the things she’d been through. _____ suddenly remembered the times when she’s having a hard time and chaeyoung was there to give her a hug, which helped her a lot, she thought that maybe she can be a crying shoulder or a listening ear for someone who needs it.

 

Mina was shocked at first, but eventually finds it comfortable, making her pour out her feelings. She cried to her hearts content, not caring if _____ thinks that she’s a cry baby. Mina actually needed someone right now, and she’s thankful that _____ is there for her. 

 

_____’s shirt is already wet from all the tears that escaped mina’s eyes, but she didn’t really care. 

 

“ Feel better?” _____ asked once she pulled from the hug, thinking mina had calm down already. 

The latter nodded and thanked her.

 

“ I just missed my family. I don’t even know when I’ll see them again or whether I’ll ever see them.” Mina said, sadness creeping through her again. 

 

“ Yah. Don’t lose hope. I’ll help you find them, Let’s find your parents together.” She genuinely offered, making mina smile. She felt happy that there’s someone who is willing to help her.

 

.   .   .

Mina couldn’t sleep. She looked back on what happened earlier, from _____ staring at her when she woke up and to ____ giving her a hug. Mina honestly felt warm when _____ pulled her in an embrace, she could even still feel it right now that she’s thinking about it. She dismissed her thoughts once she realised what she was thinking. What are you doing to me? Mina shook her head and forced herself to sleep.


Finally got to update... been busy because of midterms sigh 

A lot of thanks to onceiswice, WantedInspirit, minayeon26, Anamisho, dukong_lovesSNSD for upvoting, and to the new subscribers as well as the old ones ^^