Chapter eleven

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 11

Bubbles

 

 

 

Mina woke up, the aroma of the food at the kitchen made her stand up and check. She saw _____ busy chopping some mushrooms before putting it in the pan where she’s frying something. It had been a while since she last saw this scene where _____ is at the kitchen preparing something early in the morning. 

 

“Oh. You’re still here?” Mina went beside ____ to take a look at what the latter is doing.

“Why? Were you expecting me to go somewhere?” _____ smiled, trying not to be distracted because she might over cook their breakfast. 

“Mm.” 

 

“To where?” _____ turned off the stove and placed the food on their plates.

“Umm.. I don’t know.. To see sana?” Mina said, giving her best to control the tone of her voice, although it didn’t work since it sounded as if she’s irritated with the idea. _____ noticed it but just didn’t mind.

 

“Nah.. she has something to do. And plus, I think we already went out too much this week, she might be tired already.” 

 

“Thank god you noticed.” Mina mumbled.

“You were saying something?” 

“No.. Nothing.” 

 

“Do you want to do something today?” _____ thought that mina might be bored, especially that she had been out and about with sana that she barely had the time to talk to Mina whenever she gets home. 

Mina excitedly sat up straight and thought about the things she wants to do together with _____. 

I’m not taking advantage of this to take ____ away from sana. I’m just going out with her as a friend. Yeah, just as a friend.

 

“I want to go to the cinema.” She remembered one time when Sana and her are at the rooftop, they talked about the things they wanted to do if ever they’d have a girlfriend or a boyfriend.

 

“Alright. Let’s go?” _____ stood up from the couch and reached for Mina’s hand, which the latter took shyly. 

It may have seemed casual but _____ is feeling butterflies on her stomach although she keeps on denying it thinking she’s just hungry or that she ate something bad earlier. 

 

Mina couldn’t have been any happier. _____ was holding her hand, smiling at her, and making her laugh, but something just have to ruin it. 

 

“Let’s just look for other things to do. Where should we go?” The cinema is closed temporarily due to some reasons. Mina was really disappointed, she thought that she’d be able to experience watching a movie with her ‘crush’ and share a popcorn like what couples on every cliche movies do. ______ tried cheering her up and tried thinking of things they can do rather than watching a movie. 

 

______ suddenly pulled mina and walked out of the mall, as she thought of a place that mina might like. 

“Where are we going?” Mina doesn’t really care where ____ will take her. As long as she’s with her then she’s already ok. 

 

“Just a little longer. We’re lucky it’s just near.” _____ said, looking straight ahead. 

 

Not long after, they stopped in front of a bicycle rental place, before mina could even process what they’re about to do, _____ is already paying for the bicycle and is wearing her helmet for protection. 

“I don’t know how to ride a bike.” She did’t own a bicycle before even if she wanted to. She asked her parents before about it but they didn’t want her to ride one because it’s ‘dangerous’. 

 

“Don’t worry, I can.” _____ said as she put on the helmet on mina and the knee and elbow armour in case they crash. Just in case.

 

Mina hopped on the back of the bicycle while ____ maneuvers. “Just hold on tight so you wouldn’t fall.” _____ reminded Mina before she step on the pedals. 

“I will even if you don’t tell me to do so.” Mina grinned, her hands tightly wrapped around ______’s waist. 

“What?” Her helmet didn’t help her hear what mina was saying. 

 

“I wasn’t saying anything.”  

“Oh.Ok.” 

... 

 

Mina told ____ that she’d be going to the hospital first before coming home. She also told her that she’ll go alone and that ____ should go home first. The latter didn’t want to leave her but mina told ____ that she won’t take long. 

 

When Mina came back she saw _____ sitting at the couch while using her phone, lights were turned off. _____ noticed her and told her to sit beside her. “Since you wanted to go to the cinema earlier but we weren’t able to, I thought we’ll just watch here. What movie do you want?” _____ placed different genres of movies at the table, from disney to horror ones. 

“Anything will do.” Mina smiled and admired how thoughtful _____ is. She observed as the other girl is having a hard time picking which one to watch, and frowned when she remembered that the girl beside her would never be hers. As much as she likes ____, she doesn’t want to ruin her friendship with sana. She can’t have both so she have to choose. 

 

Right at the middle of the movie, ______ felt Mina leaning unto her shoulders. She stiffen at the contact. She wondered why her heart is beating way too fast when Mina had been doing this before. 

 

______ carefully carried Mina and placed her at her bed, before making sure that Mina is covered with the sheets so she wouldn’t be cold. 

 

_____ sat at the floor and observed how Mina is sleeping peacefully at her bed. She must have had a hard time sleeping on the couch. 

She tucked the strands of hair that covered Mina’s face. _____ smiled looking at mina. The word angel popped up her mind and she used it to describe the sleeping girl. 

______ had a flashback to all that had happened for the day. It still confuses her why she felt a lot of different things when she’s with mina. When she held her hand, it’s as if she doesn’t want to let go anymore. When mina was holding on to her at the bicycle park, she felt very hot and she was almost sweating. She knows it, but keeps on denying.

______ whispered goodnight before her eyes closed, and went to dream land. 

 

When mina felt that ______ is already asleep, she opened her eyes and stared right into the other girl’s face, which is very very close to hers. She could almost kiss her if she would just lean in a little more, but of course she isn’t the type to take advantage of someone. At least not _____.

Does she… no it’s impossible 

Mina had a tiny bit of hope that _____ might like her too, but she thought that it couldn’t be since _____ clearly likes her best friend. That thread of hope is cut once again.

 

 

The next day. 8pm

 

_____ didn’t know what she was doing but she just can’t look away. It felt as if Mina’s eyes is luring her the longer she stare at it. What am I doing? 

She quickly divert her gaze, feeling the awkwardness creep in. She stood up from where they were sitting and went to the kitchen to drink some water. 

 

_____ went back and thought of something to say just to ease the awkward tension between them.

 

“Where’s Sana’s favorite place? or maybe favourite restaurant?” ____ was planning on taking Sana out on a date and forget all of the wrong things that’s going on her mind.

Thinking that Mina didn’t hear her asking since the latter didn't answer, she asked again.

“Do you know where’s Sana’s favourite restaurant?”

 

Mina faced her, eyebrows furrowed. “No! I don’t know!”

 

“Okay geez… I just thought that you know since she’s your best friend.” _____ was taken aback from the sudden rage.

 

“Just don’t ask me about it ok?!”

 

_____ got irritated at the way mina is acting right now. She didn’t see anything that Mina should be angry about. “Why are you so angry anyway? And plus, you’ve been acting strange these past few days! You get angry because of very little things!”

 

“It’s because you don’t understand!” Mina stood up. 

 

“Then explain it to me so I can understand!”

 

“I can’t!” Mina was getting teary, her emotions already got the best of her and she’s letting it control her.

_____ ruffled her hair in frustration. “Just tell me. Oh my god!”

 

“I like you! Okay? There, I’ve said it!” She sat down again, putting her hands on her head, regretting what she said although some of the weight on her shoulder was already gone. 

 

_____ had open. She wasn’t expecting that at all. That’s the least she was expecting, but what mina said brought light to her heart. She now knows why her heart is beating like crazy when she’s with mina. “You could’ve just told me.” She whispered but still audible because of the quiet surroundings.

 

“I was afraid that you won’t talk to me anymore and you’ll ask me to leave you. I can’t do that.”

_____ looked at mina and place her hand on her mina’s shoulders. She didn’t know Mina had thoughts like that. 

 

“Mina? Mina! Are you ok??” ______  noticed that there’s something wrong with Mina. The latter’s skin and her whole body seemed as if it’s disappearing.

“What’s happening to me? ____! What’s happening to me??” Mina panicked as she saw her hands slowly getting invisible.

_____ didn't know what to do, she doesn’t even know what’s happening. She just pulled Mina into a hug and tightly secured her under her embrace, scared that if she loosen the hug, mina will disappear. She closed her eyes, hoping this is all a dream, a nightmare rather. 

She opened her eyes and saw that she’s already alone. “Mina?”

 


4 days left till twice's comeback asdakdhakjs