Chapter two

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 2 

New found hope?

 

1 hour

2 hours

3 hours

4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19.

 

19 hours already passed and yet, her parents haven’t arrived yet. Mina hadn’t even moved from where she last sat. 

She was waiting for her parents who maybe, just maybe, would be able to see her.

 

Her eyes wandered around their house, stopping to look at their huge family picture, perfectly framed and hanged on the white wall. She remembered the look on her mother’s face before she lost consciousness. 

 

Siting here, drowning in sadness wouldn’t get me anywhere. I need to do something. 

With the sudden feeling of motivation, Mina stood up and went out of the house to look for the hospital where she, rather her body, got admitted to. 

 

She strolled down the streets, in search for the nearest hospital. ‘ They probably brought me to the nearest hospital.’ She mumbled to herself, looking left and right for the building. 

 

‘Ugh… where is—-‘ A girl suddenly passed through her, making her halt in surprise. She still wasn’t used to having no physical body, I mean, who would?

 

‘ What was I thinking? I’m a ghost, of course they wouldn’t be able to touch me.’ 

She walked a little further, without minding if she’ll pass through another person’s body, making it easier for her to walk around. Being a ghost has it’s advantage

 

Mina rested on a bench for a while, feeling tired of all the walking. 

She crossed her arms in frustration. ’Ugh!! Where’s the nearest hospital!! I need to go there!!’ 

  • Poof *

 

Mina looked at her surroundings. Man in a wheelchair, someone crying, a nurse by the counter, and a doctor calming the crying person. Hospital. 

 

‘ Oohh how did I do that?’ She smiled for the first time after the accident, thinking she has magical powers. 

Mina continued the ‘search for herself’ literally, entering every room there is.

After all the rooms she’d been through, to her dismay, she didn’t found her body. 

 

Oh. It’s already evening?

Having her energy drained from all the search, she decided to rest for a while, and continue tomorrow. 

 

 

‘ Faster! Get the operation room ready! ‘ Doctors and nurses running around woke Mina up. 

‘ What’s with these people? Shouting so early in the morning..’ Mina mumbled as she rolled her eyes. A yawn escaped her lips while observing her surroundings. There must’ve been an accident

 

I need to find another hospital again. sigh. It’ll take me weeks to find my body. Mina slumped on her seat, realising how tiring it’ll be.

 

‘ Ever since we moved from that house my son keeps on getting sick. I don’t know what’s happening anymore.’ A woman on her forties sighed as she talked about her problem to another woman of the same age.

 

Mina, who’s seating beside the woman, couldn’t help but to eavesdrop. 

 

‘ Why don’t you try to ask help from a shaman or an exorcist? At this point you need every help you can get, especially when the doctors couldn’t.’ 

 

Mina chuckled at the conversation of the two. ‘Tch.. Exorcist, who even believes on those now a da—— Wait. If those exorcists could see ghosts, then perhaps they’d be able to see me? I need to meet one.’ 

 

She paid attention to the two women, trying to get more information. 

 

‘ I know someone who can do the job, he runs a shop at apgujeong. Here’s the address.’ The woman showed the address to the other one. Mina took note of it, memorising it. 

 

‘ 437-9 maporo, apgujeong…. Leggo ‘ Mina stood up from her seat and just before she starts walking

 

 *poof*

 

‘ Daebak. I did it again.’  Mina smiled proudly as she stood in front the said shop. She carefully entered, observing her surroundings. Creepy, as what she would describe, the shop is quite dark, with only a few lightbulbs hanging. There’s also some skulls that could scare the out of anyone. What’s disturbing mina more is the smell. 

‘ What kind of smell is this? Don’t tell me there are dead bodies here.. ahhhh I shouldn’t have come here.’ 

Nervous as Mina already is, the shaman came out from the black curtains, surprising her. 

‘ . My heart.’ She placed her hands near her heart. 

Mina then laughed. ‘ Right, I forgot. I don’t have a heart.’ 

 

The shaman took a sit at the corner of the room, taking out his phone. 

Mina went closer to the old man, trying to get his attention. ‘Ajjussi.’ She tapped the shaman’s shoulder lightly, but she wasn’t able to touch him either. 

 

‘ Why can’t he see or hear me? He should’ve at least felt my presence by now, right?’ 

The shaman placed his phone at the table and stared at space. ‘Why am I feeling something strange?’ His eyebrows furrowed. 

‘Yes. Yes. He could feel me already. Concentrate more ajjussi.’ Mina clasped her hands.

 

The old man smiled creepily before rubbing his tummy. ‘Lunch time.’ He stood up and went to get grab his coat. ‘ Wait. I haven’t taken a bath since the last 4 days. I’ll take a bath first then go and eat lunch.’ 

Mina just stood from where she was, looking at the shaman with disbelief. She shook her head and went out of the shop. 

‘ Shaman my *ss. What a con artist! What was I thinking? Smells like dead bodies?! More like a stinky old man who hadn’t taken a bath for a month. tch.’ 

 

Mina didn’t know what to do, so she decided to take a stroll around the area. 

It was already dark when she saw a cafe. Wanting to smell the scent of coffee and forget what happened at the shaman’s place, she entered the shop. Mina inhaled the scent of coffee, then walked towards the seat at the corner. 

 

‘Excuse me.’ A girl, just maybe around her age, said and walked pass mina, as if she was talking to her. 

 

‘ Did she just talk to me?’ Mina pointed at herself, still not believing. She then looked behind her, and saw another girl. Mina sighed, a bit disappointed. ‘ Why did I even think she was talking to me in the first place?’ She took a sit at the corner of the cafe. 

 

Staring through the window, Mina had a lot of questions in mind. She wondered why she woke up in her house and not at the hospital. She sure remembered watching a movie where the main character woke up in the hospital. 

 

She shook away the thought and just focused on thinking of a solution. There must be something that she needs to do in order to go back to her body.

 

I’ll go home first . Maybe mom and dad are home already.

 

Standing up, she tried to do the ‘teleportation thing’. ok 1,2,3 ……. Why isn’t it working? Maybe I should think of home first. Ok again 1,2,3 … 

She opened her eyes and saw that she’s still at the cafe. ‘Ah! The address!…’ Mina prepared to teleport. 

‘Wait what’s my address?’ 

 

Mina sat down again and tried to remember where she lives, but her mind went blank. 

‘ How can I forget my address?! ‘ She kept on hitting her head, in hopes to remember it. 

‘ It doesn’t matter, I’ll just call hyun jik to fetch m— Right. I don’t have my phone.’ Mina felt even more hopeless. Not only that no one can see her, but she can’t even find her way back home.

 

‘ Miss.’ A girl wearing an apron called. 

‘ Miss… we’re about to close already.’  _____, seeing that the girl is still staring at the window. She tapped the customer’s arm lightly. 

 

Mina jolted at the sudden contact. She looked at her right and saw a girl smiling at her. It’s the girl earlier. 

 

‘ I’m sorry but our cafe is already closing… You can come back tomorrow if you’d want.’ ____ smiled apologetically.

 

‘ Wait. You…You can see me?’ Mina pointed at herself, with her eyes wide, full of hope.


I just realized that I should've added this on the first chapter... but... oh well. That's why I updated earlier than expected. I think this is a bit boring for you since this chapter focuses more on mina alone but that's just for this chapter since you and mina already met each other :)