Chapter one

Beautiful Soul

The one's in italics are thoughts of the character 

Your name would be Yoon _____ :)


 

Chapter One : The starting line

 

Yoon _____

 

‘Good Morning! Can I take your order?’ The cashier girl flashed her friendly smile at the customer. She had her hair tied in a not so messy bun and is wearing a dark blue apron. 

The customer was about to tell her order when she noticed something. ’Yoon _____?’ 

_____ was surprised the girl knew her name, but she just acted cool and even smiled widely. 

The customer removed her sunglasses, _____ breathing stopped momentarily.

 

‘Don’t you remember me? We’re classmates. Jennie kim.’ She introduced herself.

 

‘O—Of course .. I know you. Who doesn’t?’ _____ chuckled a little, while trying to hide her blushing face.

Jennie smiled humbly and continued the conversation. ’I didn’t know you work here.’ 

 

‘ Oh.. I just started last week. My aunt was looking for a worker but she had a hard time looking for one, so I decided to help her.’ _____ couldn’t look the other girl in the eye so her eyes kept on looking around the cafe. . She noticed that there’s already quite a line behind Jennie. Although she wanted to talk to her more, she needs to get her order already before the other customers who were waiting leaves. 

‘ So… umm.. Have you decided what you’re going to order?’ 

 

‘Oh right! I almost forgot. Caffe crema, large please.’ Jennie giggled, although a bit embarrassed.

 

The cafe already closed, and _____ is now on her way to her house. She was quite exhausted from her work, but her tiredness was replaced with a smile when she remembered Jennie. One of the most popular girl in school. She didn’t expect Jennie to know her name because they never really talked to each other before. 

 

_____ unlocked the door to her apartment and saw the lights are on. ‘Did I forgot to turn off the lights? Ugh.. me and my poor memory.’ She removed her shoes and wore her slippers.

 

‘Yah!’ 

‘AAAHHHHHHH!’ _____ eyes widened for a moment before realizing who it was. ‘You scared me!’ She placed her hand near her heart, feeling it beat at a quick pace.

Chaeyoung, her best friend, laughed and went back to the sofa to continue what she was watching. _____ followed her and plopped beside Chaeng.

 

‘ You still live alone? I thought you said you were going to find a roommate?’ 

 

____ sighed and explained. ’ I thought about it again. It’s quite uncomfortable living with someone. I like having the space all by myself. ‘ 

 

Chaeyoung gasped exaggeratedly before pointing an accusing finger to the girl beside her. ’ I’m going to tell your mom about this.’ 

 

‘ Yah! don’t. she’ll get worried. I don’t want her to be stressed out and even come here. She’s busy working.’ 

 

Chaeng hit the back of _____ head lightly. ’ You know. You’re so stubborn. If only my parents would allow me to live with you.’ 

 

____ let out a laugh at her over protective friend. ‘ Why are you so worried anyway?’ 

‘ Why am I so worried? Do I even need to make a list? One, You’re so careless that you even forget to lock your door. Two, there’s a ert living one floor above yours. Three, you’re scared of even the smallest things. You even called me one time saying you saw a ghost at the kitchen when in fact it was just your shadow. Four ——‘

 

_____ rolled her eyes, even though she knows that chaeyoung is really worried for her safety, especially when a thief was able to break in a couple of months ago. ’ Alright Alright I get it. How did you even know there’s a ert on the 3rd floor? I don’t even know my neighbors who’s living in this floor.’ 

 

‘Sources.’ Chaeyoung winked at her bestfriend, earning a light punch from the latter.

 

 

Myoui Mina

 

‘ What are you doing?! ‘ Eyebrows furrowed and breathing heavily, He forcefully pulled the girl’s arm, but the latter resisted. 

‘ Let go of me! ‘ The brunette screamed and pulled her arm from the grip of the guy, losing her balance in the process. 

 

‘ Mina! ‘ The girl, known as Mina, fell head first down the stairs, landing on the cold floor after her head smashed against the edge of a storage/cabinet. As if that wasn’t enough, due to the impact, the vase placed above the storage/cabinet fell, hitting the poor girl’s head. 

 

The sound of the ambulance, woken their neighborhood. Paramedics came out of the Myoui residence, carrying the only daughter of the Myoui’s in a stretcher. 

Mina could only see her surrounding in a blur, she tried to say something but the only word that came out was ‘ …I..’ before she completely lost her consciousness.

 

Sunlight passed through the white curtains and shone directly on the sleeping girl’s face. 

ugh… why does my head hurts? She placed her hand on her head, with her eyes still close. Maybe  I should sleep a little longer… . It’s Sunday. I need to get ready. She slowly opened her eyes, squinting because of the light. 

She went down from her room to eat breakfast. 

Seeing no food at the table, she went to check the kitchen. ’I told ajjumma that I’d be eating breakfast early, why hasn’t she cooked yet?’  

 

‘ Have you heard any news about Mina? Is she okay now?’ The old lady, whom mina calls ‘ajjumma’, asked the other maid. 

 

Mina laughed hearing her maid’s question. ’Ajjumma.. Of course I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be? But the two didn’t seem to hear her or acknowledge her presence as they continued talking. 

 

‘The last thing hyun jik told me is that ms Mina is still in the ER, but that was 3 in the morning.’ The maid said, worry evident on her face.

 

‘Ajjumma. Unnie! I’m here. What are you talking about?’ Mina laughed again as she walk closer to the two. She tapped the older woman’s shoulder but to her surprise, her hand went through the body. 

 

WHAT’S HAPPENING? 

 

Mina tried touching the other maid as well, but she couldn’t. She looked at her hand, scared as to what’s happening to her 

‘Unnie!!!! Ajjumma!!! Can’t you hear me??!!’ She started screaming but nobody but herself could hear her voice.

 

Her legs gave out, as she is now sitting on the cold hard floor, leaning on the wall. She looked at her hands again, trying to make sense of what just happened. 

Mina placed her hands on her head as she felt a throbbing pain again.

A memory of the accident last night came back. 

She remembered.


That's it for the first chapter. There isn't really much to it... but I hope you'll be anticipating the next chapter :) I'm always open for comments/suggestions :D