Chapter six

Beautiful Soul

 

 


Chapter 6

Try

 

 

Saturday

 

Mina woke up, beads of sweat trickling down her face. She sat up and calmed herself down after having a nightmare. 

 

The bedroom door opened, out went _____, still rubbing her eyes. She noticed mina staring into space, looking troubled.  “Did something happen?” She took a sit beside the girl.

 

The latter faced ______ and told her she had a nightmare. “I was in a room, a white one and everybody was looking at me and then suddenly I was standing at a park, near this huge tree, then out of nowhere there was an ocean and I fell right into it.”

 

_____ listened carefully and took notes of what happened in mina’s nightmare. “Do you still remember what school you went to?” 

Mina looked at ____, confused for the out of the blue question. “Yes. I went to Seonam High school.” 

 

_____ knew the school, she pass by the school occasionally. “It’s not that far from my school. We can go there on Monday.” 

 

“Why?” She didn’t get why ____ was asking her about her school. Maybe she thought that we could ask for my address there. but the school wouldn’t give it to her since we aren’t related. 

 

There’s this park just beside your school, so I thought that maybe that park is the one on your nightmare. Maybe if we go there you would remember something? I don’t know, It’s better to try than do nothing.” ____ suggested. It surprised her that she could actually thought of the relation of the nightmare to the school, when she can’t relate anything to her philosophy subject. 

 

Mina smiled teasingly at the other girl. “Oh wow. When did you become smart?”

 

“Ever since I was born.” She flipped her hair playfully before standing up.  “I’m going to buy our breakfast, you wanna come?”

 

 

After buying their breakfast, they went home and prepared the table.

 

“Aren’t you sick of eating take outs?” Mina asked. She remembered ____ told her that she doesn’t know how to cook. She’s quite worried of the girl’s health. 

 

____ shrugged and continued eating. “Well, it’s not like I have a choice.”

 

“Anyway, what’s your favourite food?” She asked trying to get to know mina more.

Mina’s face brightened up at the mention of food. She always loved eating, who doesn’t anyway? She was always up for going to different places and restaurants just to try the food. 

 

“Yukgaejang”

 

 

A little later, when mina was sleeping, ____ looked up the recipe to Mina’s favourite food. She took out the needed ingredients from the fridge and the cabinet, checking if the ingredients aren’t expired yet. 

She carefully followed the instructions given on the internet, making sure she’s doing the right thing.

 

“Why do I feel like something’s wrong?” She mumbled to herself, seeing the finished dish in front of her. She find it easy cooking mina’s favourite food that’s why she felt that there was something wrong. She always doubt it when things come easy for her. 

 

“You cooked.” ____ almost jumped in surprise as she heard a voice beside her, she didn’t notice that Mina already woke up. 

 

_____ washed her hands before placing the dish on the table. “I was bored, that’s why I tried cooking. Do you want to try it?”

Mina excitedly nodded her head and took the fork from _____’s hands.

The latter looked carefully at the other girl’s facial expression and sighed in relief when she saw Mina smiling. 

“It’s ok?” She asked, smiling from ear to ear.

Mina nodded and took another bite. _____ felt blissful that at last it was edible. Last time she cooked for her friend, chaeyoung spitted out the food she made. 

 

A knock was heard from the door, so _____ stood up to see who it was. She unlocked the door, seeing it was her friend. 

“What are you doing?” Chaeyoung removed her shoes and went directly to the living room. ____ followed her and sat beside her, turning on the television. “Nothing. Wait, let me get the chips.” She almost forgot that they were going to watch a k drama tonight, good thing she still have some chips at the cabinet.

As ____ was preparing their snacks at the kitchen, chaeyoung walked to the dining area and saw the food _____ made for mina. 

 

“What’s this?” Chaeyoung wore a disgusted expression after having a taste of the dish. She knew surely that _____ made it since her friend isn’t a great cook, not even ok. 

 

____ hurriedly went to chaeyoung’s side and saw that her friend was referring to the one she made. But mina said it was good…

She took a taste to make sure, and hell did she spit it out once the food touched her tongue. 

How did mina eat this? 

She looked around for mina but there isn’t any sign of the girl. She decided to just ask her once she comes back. 

 

“Yah. Faster! It’s starting!” Chaeyoung called from the living room. 

 

 

“Yah” Mina suddenly appeared beside _____.

“! You scared me!” She placed her hand on her beating heart and glared at the other girl. 

Chaeyoung looked at her weirdly. The drama isn’t even suspense, why would ____ get shocked, but she let it slide since the scene is already with the man about to confess her feelings to the girl. 

 

“Where did you go earlier?” _____ asked after she calmed down.

Mina smirked. “Why did you miss me? I wasn’t even gone for more than an hour and you miss me already? How sweet.”

 

The other girl scoffed at how confident the Mina is. “You wish.”

“Yah. Who are you talking to?” Chaeyoung nudged her friend, hearing her talking alone, although she didn’t really understood it. 

“Huh? Nothing, I was just… just…. reciting a poem.” ____ stuttered as she tried to make an excuse. She looked carefully a her friend, sighing as chaeyoung didn’t ask anymore. 

 

Chaeyoung soon went home after finishing the drama. She needed to get home before 2 in the afternoon or else her mother will leave for work without giving her allowance.

 

_____ sat beside mina once chaeyoung already left. “ Why didn’t you tell me that the food didn’t taste good? “ 

Mina looked at her, contemplating whether she’ll lie or not. “It wasn’t that bad.”

_____ smiled. She finds it cute when mina lies. She noticed that Mina isn’t a great liar, which is good so she wouldn’t be able to lie effectively to _____. “Oh really? I already tasted it. Why did you tell me it was good?”

 

Mina sighed and felt guilty for lying. “I didn’t want you to feel upset and all since you tried hard.”

 

“How nice of you to consider my feelings.” _____ laughed and shook her head. “I almost forgot, I’m planning on going to the police station and ask for your address. Let’s go?” She stood up and wore her shoes, not waiting for the other girl’s answer. 

 

They walked to the nearest police station, which, thankfully, isn’t too far from the apartment.

 

“Good afternoon sir. I was wondering if I could ask if there’s someone named Myoui Mina living around the area?” She didn’t really know how to ask the officer.

 

The officer typed the name in his computer after having given the spelling of the name. “There is.” 

____ smiled, looking at mina and then back to the officer. “Can I have her address?” 

 

“What’s your relation to the girl?” He asked, looking at his computer. 

 

“She’s…. A friend of mine.” She thought for a while and wondered what’s their relationship or if mina even considered her as a friend. 

 

The officer looked up. “I’m sorry, but this kind of information can only be given to relatives. If you say you’re a friend, then why don’t you know her address or maybe her phone number?”

 

____ sighed, a little bit irritated. “I wouldn’t have come here if I knew her number or address, sir. Anyway, thank you for your time.” She smiled lightly at Mina. She actually thought that they’ll be able to find Mina’s home already. 

 

“Yah, it’’s ok. Why are you so sad, I should be the one who’s sad.” Mina chuckled and placed her arm around _____’s shoulder. 

 

“You’re right. Well, at least we know that you live in this city. We can narrow down the places to search.” It wouldn’t do any good if she would think negatively.

 

Mina stopped her tracks, making ____ stop and look at her too. “What’s wrong?” 

 

“Can you do me a favour?”

 

“Umm.. Yeah if I can.” 

 

“Can you focus on your studies first before you help me? Let’s just continue searching during your break.” Mina actually felt bad and worried that _____ is spending too much time helping her, when she should be studying. She didn’t want ____’s grades go down because of her.

 

_____ wondered why Mina asked for that favour, she didn’t understand why she wanted to stop for a while. Doesn’t she want to go home and see her parents already? She didn’t ask anymore, and just agreed to it. 

 

Monday 

 

“You’re going already?” Mina looked at ____, who’s busy checking the things in her bag.

“Yeah, don’t want to be late in class.” She closed her bag before fixing her hair and making sure everything is at it’s proper place.

 

Mina sighed thinking of how boring it is to spend time alone at the house. It didn’t go unnoticed by _____. “Do you wanna come?” She didn’t actually thought about it, it just came out of . ____ doesn’t really know if it’s a good idea or not.

“ Really?!” Mina stood up, looking very excited. She wanted to see _____’s school. Though actually, she just want to go anywhere instead of sitting on the couch for the whole day, waiting for ____.

 

 

“Hey ____!” Jennie waved, distracting ____ from her conversation with mina. 

“Oh..Hi Jen..nie” She smiled widely although she’s already cursing herself on her mind for stuttering in front of the other girl.

Jennie took a sit beside her, placing her notebook at the table. “You’re not with Chaeyoung today?” 

“ I was actually looking for her.. earlier.” ____ was quite worried for her friend, although she knew she didn’t have to be since chaeyoung skips class when she gets lazy or when she wakes up late. She just hoped that nothing bad happened or anything. 

 

Mina was carefully observing the two, especially the reactions and expressions of _____. “Wait. Don’t tell me you have a crush on her?”

_____ didn’t hear anything mina was saying since she was too focused on jennie.

“ Great. Now you’re ignoring me. Just because she’s your crush doesn’t mean you can forget about me.” Mina kept on grumbling and mumbling, feeling a little bit jealous that _____ isn’t paying attention to her. 

Their teacher soon entered the classroom, making the two stop their conversation, but that didn’t stop _____ from smiling.

“Stop smiling. You look like a fool.” She crossed her arms, and thankfully, _____ went back to her usual self. 

“So you want me to frown?” 

Mina just turned around, pout remaining on her face. _____ shook her head, finding mina’s actions funny and at the same time childish. 

 

Classes ended, and both of them went to the park near mina’s school, just as what they planned before. 

“It’s this one, right?” They stood in front of a gate that serves as the entrance for the park. 

Mina nodded, although she isn’t that sure.

 

They walked around for a while, before ____ finally asked. “So.. Do you remember anything?” 

Mina had her head hung low, she tried hard to remember something but nothing really came up. 

____ was going to tell her that they should go home already, when she heard a sniffle from the other girl. 

“Are you crying?” She asked, trying to take a look at mina’s face, which is covered with hair, making it hard to see. 

“Why can’t I remember anything?” Mina finally let out her tears, emotions mixed with frustration and stress. 

_____ didn't really know what to do, but she thought that it’s her fault that Mina is crying. She didn’t really mean to pressure Mina to remember something.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pressured you. Don’t worry, your memory will just come back, you don’t have to rush it.” She hugged the crying girl and patted her back, trying to comfort her. 

 


It's been so long since I've updated but yeah 

I had so much to do, making it hard for me to open my laptop and continue with the story... but I was able to finally finish chapter 6.

Sorry if there are some minor errors, I didn't proof read it

See ya on my next update :)