Chapter seven

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 7

Reminiscent

 

Tuesday

“What’s this?” Mina asked, looking carefully at what’s in front of her.

____ raised and eyebrow. “Food. Duh.” 

“ I know its a food! I meant, what kind of food?” She looked at _____ disbelievingly. 

“ I cooked it. But don’t worry! I tasted it this time, and I can tell you, It’s edible.” _____ proudly smiled, handling the spoon for mina to taste the dish. 

_____ tried to cook Mina’s favourite food again and gave her very best to make it, if not delicious, then at least edible. She felt bad for making Mina eat the food she cooked last time.

 

Mina didn’t hesitate even though there’s a possibility that it wouldn’t taste good. She grinned at the cook after having a taste of it, but this time, she’s not faking it. It really did taste good.

“Woah… You did it right this time. It’s delicious.” She took another spoonful and another, smile not leaving her face. 

_____ looked at her, feeling very elated that Mina genuinely liked it. She was observing the other girl, when her surroundings suddenly seemed to stop, and all that is moving is Mina, but on slow motion. Feeling dazed, she shook her head and removed the thoughts she had earlier. 

 

Wednesday

____ and Jennie paired for a project in their Social Science subject. Chaeyoung and _____ were initially partners but when Jennie asked if _____ already have a partner, chaeyoung said _____ doesn’t, so they ended up doing the project together.

 

“ You’re into girls? “ ____ asked again even though she heard it clearly. They were talking about their ideas and such for the project but somehow it went down to this topic.

“ Well, yeah I guess. I just realised it now.” _____ felt a little bit of hope with what Jennie said. Although there’s still a low chance of the latter liking her, at least now she knows that jennie is into girls.

Mina, on the other hand, kept rolling her eyes while mumbling things. She insisted on coming with _____ because she doesn’t want to stay at home. Although now she wished she didn’t come. She isn’t even that pretty. Wait. Why am I even acting this way? She decided to go out first and leave the two alone so she could think clearly. 

“Do I like— no! Can’t be! That’s impossible!”  She kept walking until she reached a bench and decided to sit there. “But why do I feel nervous when I’m with her? It’s not that I like her, right?” 

She looked around her and saw a flower near her. Mina picked it up, sighing as she thought of letting the flower decide for her feelings. Removing the petals one by one, asking to confirm her feelings for a certain girl. 

 

“Jisoo.” Jennie said, her head hung low. She had never told anyone about it before. It actually surprised her how she’s opening up to _____ easily. 

“Jisoo? Ahh..” ____ nodded and forced a smile and chuckle. The tiny bit of hope, all gone. 

 

 

“What happened?” ____ and Jennie already finished their project, and ____was already home when mina appeared beside her. Mina noticed that there was something wrong with the other girl. 

____ stared at the Mina and wondered where she went to. 

“Nothing.” She answered, taking out her phone and rolling through her feed.

 

“Tell me, I’ll listen.” Mina placed her hand at ____’s shoulder. The latter stopped scrolling, but eyes still not leaving her phone. Mina’s words are a bit tempting, making her think whether she’ll tell her or not.

“Jennie. She likes someone.” ____ released a long sigh before continuing.

“ I actually thought that I had a chance, but I didn’t.” Even though Mina was happy that Jennie didn’t like ____ back, it still hurts her and makes her feel sad that _____ is feeling down right now.

 

“ It’s her fault for giving you false hope.” She tried to reassure _____.

The latter shook her head and blamed herself for being on the state she’s currently at. “No, It’s my fault for thinking that she might like me, when she was just being nice to me like how she treats others.” 

“Yah. Stop blaming yourself. You know, she might not just be the one for you. I mean, everybody has a crush. It just happened that you’re one of the many who’s experiencing a one sided thing.”

 

____ looked at her. “I don’t know if you’re making me feel better or you’re just making it worst.” She chuckled and fixed her gaze ahead of her. 

 

“I’m just saying that you should forget about her. I know it isn’t easy but once you accept that you two aren’t meant to be, the rest will just follow. Acceptance comes first.” Mina further elaborated. She really just wants ____ to forget about jennie and what she did to her. 

 

____ sighed once again. “I’ll try.” She stood up and walked to her room. Before she could enter, she looked back to Mina, who was also looking at her. “Thanks, a lot. I really needed someone to talk to earlier. Good night.” 

 

“Good night.” Mina said, although _____ didn’t hear it.

 

Thursday

“Auntie, what brings you here?” _____ was surprised to see her auntie standing in front of her door. The older woman doesn’t really like to travel especially an hour or so seating, it makes her head dizzy.

“ I’m just on my way to your uncle and I thought that you’re eating take outs again, so I cooked you something.” She placed a large lunch bag at the dining table and inspected the room, nodding her head lightly seeing how clean the place is.

“ Thanks auntie. You should’ve called me first so I could have prepared something.” 

 

“ I’m not going to take long cause your uncle is a bit impatient. By the way, don’t worry if you can’t work during weekends anymore, I already hired someone. Although she’s not as good as you, It’ll do.” _____ told her aunt that she won’t be able to help at the cafe since she’s busy with school works, but of course her aunt understood it and thought that it’ll be better for _____ to focus first on her studies. 

“ That’s good then. I’ll just come by and help during my break.”

 

“ Okay. I’ll go now, take care of yourself ok?”

 

“ Yes Auntie.” She walked her aunt in front of the door and went back to the dining table after saying her goodbye.

 

____ opened the lunch box containing the food prepared for her by her auntie. 

The aroma of the food lingered on the air. “ Smells good. What’s that?” Mina couldn’t wait anymore since the smell of the food is making her hungry. 

 

“ It’s a spring roll. My mom used to cook this for me. I hated it when I was a kid, I don’t know what happened but this became one of my favourites.” ____ smiled, remembering the time when her mother used to force her to eat the spring roll and telling her not to be a picky eater. 

 

“ Spring roll? “ Mina repeated the words.

“ Yeah, why? “ ____ looked at mina and wondered what’s with the other girl’s expression. 

 

Mina stared at the food and remembered something, or rather someone. “ Sana. Oh my god. Sana. How could I forget about her?”


It's quite short because I'm planning to update again by tomorrow or sunday.

So there's a new character. What do you think sana's role is?

^^