Chapter three

Beautiful Soul

 


Chapter 3 

The only one who can see me

 

‘Wait. You…You can see me?’

_____ chuckled at the question. ‘Yes. Of course I can, I have eyes.’ 

Mina could only stare at her, mouth open. She couldn’t believe that someone finally saw her. 

 

‘Now, if you could excuse me, I really need to close the shop now.’ _____ said as politely as she can. She wants to go home already after the long tiring day. 

 

‘You can close it. I’m staying here.’ Mina smiled and stood up to look around the cafe.

 

Weirded out by the customer who doesn’t seem to get her point, she held mina’s arm and turned the latter to face her. ‘I have no time for this. Please, leave already and just come back tomorrow.’ 

 

‘Why do I need to leave? Nobody would know that I’m here anyway, only you.’ Mina shrugged. 

 

_____ glanced at the counter, looking for her aunt. ‘ We’re not the only ones here, my aunt is at the kitchen, she’ll come out in a minute.’ 

 

‘No worries, she won’t see me.’ Mina winked at the other girl. 

_____’s eyebrows furrowed as she heard the response from the customer. ‘And why is that?’ This girl sure is confusing her. 

 

‘ I’m a ghost, that’s why.’ 

 

______ could only laugh at the answer. She didn’t expect this girl to be crazy, she thought that this girl is smart and elegant based on how she looks. Proves that you shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover. 

She shook her head and looked at the mina with pity. Her parents must be having a hard time dealing with her tsk tsk tsk

 

Irritated by the look the girl is giving her, mina crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. ‘Huh! You don’t believe me?’

‘ You don’t expect me to believe you, do you?’ _____ still had the smile on her face, which annoyed mina more. 

 

‘_____! What’s taking you so long? Get your things right now.’ Her aunt came out of the kitchen and stood by the counter. 

‘But auntie. This customer won’t leave. I already told her that we’ll be closing already.’ She pointed at mina. 

‘ What are you talking about? Customers are already gone. Come one, fix your things. You must be tired from all the work.’ Her aunt gestured her to go to the kitchen. 

‘She’s here!’ _____ pointed again, but her aunt shook her head and said that she should go home and rest.

 

‘ I told you.’ Mina gave a smirk. 

 

____ didn’t know what to say, as she was only able to let out a few words. ’But..but…you’re..’ 

 

‘ You’re not a good listener. I told you, I’m a ghost.’ 

 

_____ hurriedly went to get her things and go out of the cafe, not forgetting to say goodbye to her aunt. No.. No.. I’m just tired. That’s all. What I need is a good sleep, and I’ll be able to forget this.

 

Yah. Where are you going?’ Mina poked _____, who stopped on her track, and slowly ( very slowly ) turned her head from where the voice came from. 

 

‘Why are you still here? Leave me alone.’ _____ continued brisk walking, trying to avoid the weird girl. I’m not that lonely to have an imaginary friend… Or am I going crazy? I don’t think so… Did I accidentally take drugs? That’s impossible. Ahhhhh 

She ruffled her hair in frustration and nervousness. She doesn’t know if she should believe that this is all real or not.

 

‘ I’m not your imaginary friend. I don’t even know you.’ Mina walked beside _____.

‘How did you know what I was thinking? You can read minds too?’ She stepped away from the other girl, scared of what she’s capable of doing. 

 

‘Umm.. I wish.’ 

 

‘Then how did you—— ah.. I said that out loud, didn’t I?’ ______ mentally face palmed, taking note to control that certain habit of hers. 

_____ walked even more faster, seeing her apartment just across the road. She looked beside her and saw that the other girl is still with her. ‘Why are you following me?’ 

 

‘Because you’re the only one who can see me.’ Mina stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

______ stopped just in front of the apartment. ’Can’t you just find another person? I don’t think I can live comfortably, knowing a ghost is following me around.’ 

 

‘Why should I waste my time finding another person when you’re already in front of me?’ 

 

_____ thought for a while before replying. ’That makes sense… but still! You’re a ghost! I’m scared of ghosts!’ 

 

what a scaredy cat

Mina held _____’s shoulder and made her look at her. ’ Look at me. Do I even look scary to you?’ 

_____ couldn’t look directly at the girl’s eyes. ‘Umm… not really…’ If she would be honest, the girl didn’t seem even just a bit scary. She looked like a normal person, just that nobody but her can see the girl. 

 

‘Then we’re good. Come on. Let’s go inside our apartment.’ Mina walked inside the building, leaving _____ outside. 

 

‘Our apartment?! that girl is really crazy.’ She followed the ‘ghost’ inside and went to her apartment room. 

 

Mina looked around the apartment. ’You live alone?’ 

 

‘ Yes. Why?’ ____ went to the kitchen and poured herself a water. Mina followed her and stood in front of _____. 

‘ That’s good then. It’s only the two of us here.’ She gave a thumbs up before going to the living room to sit at the couch. 

 

_____ walked over to where mina is and crossed her arms. ‘Why are you even here? Don’t you have a house?’ 

 

‘ I do. But I don’t remember the address.’ Mina put up a sad face. 

 

‘ How could you forget?? It’s your house! who forgets the address of their house?’ This is ridiculous. 

 

‘ Me. and maybe people with amnesia. and little kids too. I can’t remember the exact address.’ 

 

_____ could only sigh before sitting down, not forgetting to distance herself from the ‘ghost’. ‘You’re hopeless. You’re really hopeless.’ 

 

A minute of silence took over the place before mina spoke. 

‘I’m going to stay here first until I remember where I live.’ She looked at the owner of the apartment, determined to stay no matter what.

 

_____ knew that she couldn’t win over this girl beside her, but she would at least give it one more try and see if the ghost will change her mind. ’Why here? you can just choose a better house instead, ones with swimming pools and lots of rooms. Plus I don’t know what to feel about living with a ghost.’ 

 

‘You’re the only one who can see me. It’s not like I have a choice.’ 

Mina pouted and looked directly into _____’s eyes. She really didn’t want to do this, but the situation call for it. She believes that the girl in front of her is the only hope she has right now. ‘Please?’ She asked, trying to act cute.

 

‘You know what? Fine. I don’t care. It’s not like I live here everyday anyways.’ _____ surrendered and massaged her temples, this is giving her a headache.

 

After all the persuasion, she doesn’t even live here?

 ’What? Then where do you live?’ 

 

‘Seoul. My school is there.’ ______ said, closing her eyes for a while. 

 

‘I’ll change what I said. I’ll live where you live until I remember my address.’ Mina smiled brightly even though _____ has her eyes closed.

 

_____ sighed for the hundredth time today, before standing up to go to bed. ‘Whatever. It’s not like I can stop you.’

‘ I don’t have an extra room or bed.’ She added.

 

‘It’s fine. I’ll just sleep here.’ Mina smiled, pointing at where she’s sitting, although she didn’t really want to sleep at the couch since it’s very uncomfortable, but she can’t be choosy. 

 

_____ nodded.  ‘There’s a lot of things I want to ask you. but I’ll just do that tomorrow since you look very tired.’ 

 

Mina bid goodnight before laying down on the couch, and closing her eyes. 

 

‘Oh! Wait.’ Mina opened her eyes and saw _____ holding the door to her room. 

 

‘So If I can see you… does that mean I would see other ghosts as well?’ _____ shivered at the thought of seeing more ghosts, the scary ones.

 

Mina shrugged. ’Maybe. I don’t know.’ 

 

 

‘aaahhhhhh!!’ ____ ran to her room and covered her face with her pillow. 

 

‘What did I do to deserve this??’ 

 

Mina could only chuckle at the girl. ‘I guess I’m really bothering her. I have to find my body as fast as I can so she wouldn’t have a hard time living with a ghost like me.’ She smiled sadly before going to sleep.


I didn't know I could update this fast. Maybe it's because there's no classes and I'm bored... 

Thanks to all the subscribers and amehana0 for upvoting :) Also, those who commented you guys are the best :)

Till next update ^^