Chapter Four

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

 

Seungcheol had to wait for 3 excruciatingly long days before Hansol’s investigator reported back. He opened the envelope and hurriedly scanned the report.

 

Birth Name: Yoon Jeonghan

Birthday: October 4, 1995

Height: 175 cm

Weight: 54 kg

Blood Type: B

Parents: Unknown/Deceased

Hometown: Unknown

 

What? He’s an orphan? Seungcheol thought. A mocking smile crept up his lips.

 

“You dare insult me and disregard my family legacy when you’re just an orphan?” He laughed bitterly. He didn’t know why he was so engrossed to Jeonghan’s life. A small part of him pitied him, but he chose to ignore that part of him. He was more likely to punish the longhaired man for the insult he’s made to Choi Seungcheol.

 

He read on further and was surprised. He studied to various international schools abroad, and his addresses are spread throughout the globe. How the hell did you manage to study abroad for your whole life when you have no family? He asked himself. There were addresses located at Italy, United Kingdom, France, United States, Romania and other countries.

 

He read a hand written note on the side; it said;

 

 

International Addresses located

at upscale part of the city.

Tried investigating deeper

but was blocked.

 

Guess: Chaebol

 

 

Questions filled Seungcheol’s mind all at once. How could a lowly orphan afford such a way of life? He turned to the next page and was surprised when he read what was entailed.

 

Yoon Jeonghan’s Bank Record.

 

Seungcheol questioned if this investigator is a reliable one because the profile he is reading is one of a chaebol’s. His bank records supposedly have more than what Seungcheol even has to his name! He felt more insulted because his parents won’t even give him half of what Jeonghan has because he is not the CEO of the company just yet. Another hand written note was stuck to the page.

 

 

Records have the highest level of account.

Easier to overcome local

records than international

 

Guess: Chaebol

 

 

Seungcheol can’t help but be bothered by what he was reading. Jeonghan was proving to be a very powerful enemy. He turned the next page and saw was surprised even further.

 

Yoon Jeonghan’s Properties.

 

He didn’t mind reading each and every one in the list, but was dumbfounded by the number it counted. Again, a note was stuck to the page.

 

 

All apartments/condo are penthouses

Except current one:

Golden Rose Tower

Unit #5620

 

 

Seungcheol gave the note a second look. If this is correct, it was the building beside the one he is at. His pride took a hit because Jeonghan had apartments all across the country. He even has one in Jeju. Even Seungcheol doesn’t have that. His family does. He had more questions right now than the ones he had before he read the report.

 

“Just who are you Yoon Jeonghan?”

 

 

**

 

 

Jeonghan woke up for the third week of school. He did his morning rituals in his en suite bathroom and went out feeling refreshed. He went to the kitchen and saw his roommate eating cereals.

 

“Wonwoo-yah. You should eat a proper breakfast! Want me to cook eggs and bacon?” He asked Wonwoo who shook his head violently, shaking off his large eyeglasses.

 

“Ani, hyung. I’m late for my class.” He said, wiping a spot of milk on his shirt. Jeonghan looked at the wall clock and it said seven thirty in the morning.

 

“Don’t classes start at 11 AM? The classrooms are still closed!” Jeonghan said. Wonwoo stopped abruptly and looked at the wall clock then to his phone. He repeated the actions several times before plopping himself to the floor.

 

“HYUUUUUUUUNG!” He shouted, shocking the older.

 

“What! What’s the problem!?” He asked hurriedly. The younger whined at his place.

 

“I got up so early because I thought I was still living at home! I forgot that you’re five minutes away from campus!” He complained. “I still am not used to having more free time because of the commute time; or the lack of it.” He said, making Jeonghan chuckle at his roommate’s problem.

 

“I’m not gonna move from this spot until two and a half hours later! I feel so tired, I slept at 2AM this morning!” Wonwoo declared.

 

“Yah! Move to the couch instead!” he scolded the younger, lightly kicking him on his side. Wonwoo obeyed and lay down on the couch.

 

“Hyung, I’m so lucky I met you! I never lived at a place five minutes away from school! I used to commute for 2 hours to go to class, and another 2 to get home!” Wonwoo said gratefully. Jeonghan smiled at the younger. He knew what it was like to be indebted to people, so he knew exactly how Wonwoo feels.

 

“And to live with you for free? That’s like heaven! My parents wanted me to rent an apartment here, but the rent is too high! Not to mention the living expenses!” Wonwoo added, raised his arms in hurrah.

 

“Yah! Who said you’re living here for free? You will pay half the expenses, you know!” Jeonghan scolded him playfully. “And your promised that once you’ve become a lawyer, you’d represent me for half your price!” He said. Wonwoo laughed at his words, still lying down.

 

“My mother was mad at me for even thinking of charging you! She said I should represent you for free!” Wonwoo said. “She also invited you to come home when the semester is over!” He said, sitting up straight. Jeonghan was touched at the thought.

 

“We’ll see. Mother is such a pleasant person! She even stocked our fridge with side dishes. It’s my first time since I’ve arrived in Korea to have so many!” he said happily, but Wonwoo didn’t miss the sad tone in the end.

 

“Hyung, I told you already! You can call mom as mom! She said that you’re now her son as well! And no son of her will have empty fridge!” Wonwoo consoled him as he made his way to the older and slinging an arm over him.

 

Jeonghan was still unfamiliar with family warmth. He always was aloof from his aunts and uncles when he lived with them; they were like mentors most of the times. It was only on few occasions that he would feel like his guardians like his actual aunts and uncles. It was his first time to come across a family that dared to call him son. The feeling was warm, no matter how alien it was. He smiled up to his new younger brother.

 

“Moving on! I don’t like mushy exchanges!” He said, playfully pushing Wonwoo aside. “Since you’re awake and you have roughly three hours to spare, do you want to eat properly or do you want to sleep instead?” He asked, taking his apron.

 

“I can’t sleep properly anyways, I’ll just lay here in the couch while I wait for what you’re cooking!” Wonwoo answered quite satisfied with the current situation. Jeonghan nodded as he prepared bacon and eggs, like he mentioned earlier.

 

“So, are you looking for a job?” He asked, turning back to Wonwoo for a moment.

 

“I can DJ, but I don’t want to work at clubs anymore.” He heard the other answer behind him.

 

“Good! I don’t want to see you step foot in a club without two or more company!” He replied, hearing a chuckle from the younger.

 

“Heavens, no! I don’t plan on clubbing anytime soon!” Wonwoo answered. “I’ve been looking for jobs actually, even before. I just haven’t find one that can coexist with my studies.”

 

“Well, from what I’ve noticed, there are no low-paying jobs in campus. You can always check the restaurants and cafés there! Or you can go check the library, they might be in need of staff!” Jeonghan suggested. He heard shuffling and then Wonwoo was beside him.

 

“Are you sure, hyung?” The younger asked him; he nodded.

 

“Yeah! I’ve looked for jobs before I got in the café. I’m not actually sure about the library, though. You can always check if you’re interested!” He said.

 

“Wanna go with me after breakfast? I can skip lying around, I don’t mind!” Wonwoo asked him. Jeonghan laughed at the younger. Setting the table, he served the bacon and eggs while Wonwoo placed the plates and utensils.

 

“Sure. You go wash the dishes after this while I change, okay?” He said, feeling lazy about the dishes.

 

“You always find a way to avoid the dishes, hyung.” Wonwoo eyed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter