Chapter Two

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

 

Seungcheol didn’t find his girl after all. He was a little bit disappointed but he knew that he would catch her next time and finally get to talk to her. He went to his next class after that, his Political Science class to be exact; the subject he liked the least. He made his way to his seat at the back of the class, ignoring all the people who talked to him. He wasn’t in the mood to entertain human beings and he needed his peace and quiet.

 

He let the professor drone on for an hour and a half until the class ended and he made his way to his next class. On his way there, a pretty girl came up to him hooked an arm around his. He didn’t remove it, seeing as the girl was pretty, but he looked at her like she wasn’t making sense.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked her, the girl just giggled at him and bumped him.

 

“Don’t you remember me, Oppa?” She asked. Now that she has said it, she did looked familiar to Seungcheol. He was sure he met her before, but wasn’t sure when and where.

 

“Am I supposed to remember you?” He asked coldly, the girl pouted for a bit but smiled again.

 

“Oppa! I’m Soojung! Jung Soojung!” The girl answered with a chirpy voice. “My dad is the president of Jung Entertainment. Your family came to my house last year!” She reminded him. Looking back, he did remember going to the president of Jung Ent.’s house, but he didn’t remember talking to someone. He must’ve been intoxicated a little bit.

 

“Oh, I remember now. What are you doing here?” he said, trying to take of her arms on him, but she held onto him even tighter.

 

“I am a student here, of course! I even went on the same program as you!” She cheered, which didn’t sound as pleasant to Seungcheol’s ears. “So now, I am your hoobae! You’ll take care of me, right?” She asked. Seungcheol forced a smile at her, but she must’ve taken it as agreement. She cheered again.

 

People were starting to look at them and he did not like it any bit. The girl- Soojung, noticed this as well, and she must’ve enjoyed it. Seungcheol tried his hardest not to shove her to the side as he watch her walk became something like a strut. He also noticed that she had that smug look that says ‘Oh yeah, look at me!’ and he frowned on that. He shook her arms off him, using a little bit of force to do so. Soojung was taken a back at the action but forced a smile on her face.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing?” She whined.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked back.

 

“Walking together with you. Are we gonna eat or what?” She said, he scoffed at her confidence but glared at her afterwards.

 

“Yah, Jung Shijung. You’re not eating together with me.” He told her off.

 

“It’s SOOjung! My name is Soojung! Jung Soojung!” She said, correcting him. He smiled at her whining act that must’ve been a cute one in her mind.

 

“Forget that. I didn’t allow you to call me oppa, so address me properly. If you really are a hoobae, then call me sunbae-nim!” He said, as coldly as he could manage. The girl seemed to have flinched at his word but tried to keep her act together.

 

He left her after that, not even bothering to look back at the girl behind him. Seungcheol went to the basketball court instead. He saw someone shooting at the other side so he took the other one. He practiced his shooting, making one swish after another. The other guy seemed to have been interested because he went to Seungcheol and introduced himself.

 

“Hey, you play good!” The guy complimented him; he only nodded in reply and continued shooting.

 

“Wanna play a round with me?” He asked. Seungcheol gave him a look then shrugged. Passing the ball to the guy, they played.

 

Their game lasted until they called quits and sat down on the floor. Seungcheol sweated at their game so he had to admit his opponent was good as well.

 

“I haven’t played one on one like that in a while.” His opponent commented. Seungcheol smiled at the compliment in his statement.

 

“Same here. You’re not so bad yourself.” He replied.

 

“I’m Vernon by the way, you?” His opponent, Vernon, introduced himself. Seungcheol felt like that rang a bell.

 

“Seungcheol.” He answered. Vernon perked up at his name.

 

“You aren’t Choi Seungcheol, right?” He asked. Here we go again, he thought, another parasite. He nodded. Vernon stood up in surprise.

 

“Hyung!” He called him. Seungcheol tried again to think where he heard this name before and remembered. He had a paternal cousin of the same name.

 

“Vernon. Vernon. Choi Hansol?” He answered, finally putting things together. He stood up as well and gave him a one-armed hug.

 

“Waa, Hansol-ah, what are you doing in college?” He said, playfully pushing the other.

 

“I came looking for you actually.” The younger informed him. “I went here in Seoul secretly. I figured I’d look for you before anything else.” He explained. Seungcheol immediately felt close to the guy, despite not recognizing him earlier.

 

“Why are you hiding? Auntie giving you a hard time again?” He asked. The look Hansol gave him was enough to show he was right.

 

“You have no idea, hyung! It was a long time so you must’ve forgotten how my mother was.” Hansol explained. His family lived in the States because his mom was American and his father wanted to live where his mom was comfortable. It’s been years since he last saw his cousin, so it wasn’t that surprising when he didn’t recognize him right away.

 

“Why? What did she do?” He asked. The boy in front of him gave him an animated explanation, waving his arms in exasperation.

 

“She wants to marry me off already! I’m only 18 years old for crying out loud!” He complained. Seungcheol laughed at his cousin.

 

“So where are you staying, Hansol-ah?” He asked.

 

“I’ve been staying in a hotel in Gangnam.” Hansol answered, Seungcheol hit him in the head.

 

“Yah! Are you stupid? How are you gonna pay for your expenses?” He asked.

 

“Duh? Credit card!” Hansol answered. He hit his cousin’s head again.

 

“Hyung!” He complained, rubbing his head.

 

“Auntie can know exactly where you are because of you credit card transactions!” He said, reality hit the younger like a wrecking ball and immediately panicked.

 

“Wanna stay with me? I have an apartment nearby.” He suggested. Hansol stopped his panicking and looked at him with gratitude.

 

“You sure hyung? I don’t want to be married, yet!” He said, fear clear on his voice, making the older chuckle.

 

“Of course.” He replied, much to Hansol’s glee.

 

The two decided to freshen up at his apartment instead of the shower room in school. Seungcheol had to lend the younger some clothes.

 

“What were you planning on doing if you hadn’t met me?” He asked the younger, suddenly curious how he decided to visit him.

 

“Well, I would’ve kept on using my credit card and my mom would’ve surely found me!” Hansol answered as he took a bottle of water from the fridge.

 

“Get me one as well.” Seungcheol said as he took a sit on the stool by his bar.

 

“How did you find me anyways? And how did you know I’m at Hangguk Uni?” He asked the younger. Hansol took a seat as well.

 

“Uncle mentioned it last time he visited us in the States. I came there as soon as I settled my things at the hotel. Your security at school is no joke, man!” Seungcheol wasn’t sure if the last part was a compliment or a complaint. “They told me they can tell me if the student I was looking for was in campus but when I said your name, they said they are not entitled to release such information anymore!” This time, Seungcheol was sure Hansol was complaining

 

“Well, you mentioned my name. I’m one of the VVVIP students there!” He explained; Hansol nodded in understanding.

 

“Well, that is good. I think.” He said.

 

“So when are you fetching you stuff in the hotel, Hansol-ah?” He asked. The younger said ASAP so they took off after that. Seungcheol was glad to have met his cousin again. He needed more people in his close circle.

 

**

 

 

Mingyu went to a club where Hangguk Uni students frequented. This is his way of getting to know his schoolmates outside of campus. It was a private club and the only ID you have to present is you School ID. It doesn’t matter how old you were, as long as you’re a student of Hangguk Uni.

 

He scanned the place for his target for the night from the VIP lounge, and one guy caught his attention. He had a nice side profile so he was sure the guy was handsome. He had raven hair than falls on his eyes, and skin so pale, it reflected the lights quite beautifully. The guy must’ve noticed his staring because he saw a smirk on his lips as he raised a glass to Mingyu, acknowledging him. The guy turned around, much to Mingyu’s disappointment, and disappeared in the crowd.

 

He tried to look for the guy, but amidst the dancing crowd, he couldn’t identify him. Mingyu contemplated whether to go down there and look for him. He would think he is special if I do. He thought. He took his time deciding but remembering how charismatic the guy’s eyes were, Mingyu chose to go down and look for him.

 

He entered the see of people, dancing and grinding on each other. Mingyu didn’t know if he made the right choice because everyone just got harder to see with all these people around.

 

“I thought you were never going down.” A voice shouted behind him. He wasn’t sure if it was directed for him but he turned around anyways and wasn’t disappointed.

 

The guy from before was in front of him, swaying his body to the music. Up close, he saw that the guy was a little bit shorter than him; he was probably 4 to 5 inches taller than him. He also saw how handsome the guy was. He was wearing a black shirt beneath a black leather jacket. A black choker wrapped around his neck made it look longer and Mingyu had a hard time not staring any longer. He took a breath before resuming his cool attitude; he swayed his body and danced a bit more before replying.

 

“I didn’t know someone was waiting.” He smirked confidently, trying to get the stranger to break character.

 

“I know a man in pursuit when I see one. I just wondered if this one,” he said, gesturing to Mingyu “was confident

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter