BONUS CHAPTER!!!!

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BONUS CHAPTER!!!

 

A/N

 

This is for the celebration of having 200+ subs. This is the fulfillment of my promise to you guys! This is 1st person perspective just because this is special. Tell me if you like it, okay?

 

 

***

 

 

Kim Mingyu’s POV

 

 

Lately, I’ve been having a lot of thoughts about a guy. A very fair skinned guy with contrasting black hair that falls just above his eyes. A guy whose sharp eyes had me captivated at first sight. A guy I didn’t expect to have this effect on me.

 

Jeon Wonwoo.

 

He’s been having a tug-of-war with Jeonghan hyung in my head; I didn’t expect to meet him when I’ve been crushing on Jeonghan hyung for a while now.

 

Yes, I’ve been weighing between them, and I didn’t make a move on either one. I’ve kept them both close to me, but I never did anything to capture their feelings for me.

 

They both don’t give a about who I am. Jeonghan hyung didn’t even know who I was! Wonwoo knew but didn’t care. The guy even had the balls to make me come to him at the club.

 

That night still lingers in my head.

 

I still remember seeing this boy by the bar; how the different colors of the lights bounced of his fair white skin. How his eyes seemed to pull me closer. And when I came to him and saw him up close; I was mesmerized!

 

His choker that complimented his slender neck made me feel like a vampire, wanting to attack it. That look on his face that just screamed ‘so cool it was hot.’

 

And then there is the Jeon Wonwoo I got to know.

 

Simple, toned down, and very casual. He’s the type of guy who wears statement shirts with jeans and sneakers. A guy who needed glasses to see; his glasses that made him look even more handsome in my eyes.

 

To be honest, he’s the first guy I liked. Jeonghan hyung caught my notice because he was easily the prettiest person in my class; I thought he was a girl. Wonwoo was different; I never thought that I’d swing both ways like Seungcheol hyung does. Wonwoo made me realize that I get attracted to guys as well.

 

To be clear, I get attracted to Wonwoo, who is a guy. I don’t like other guys that much.

 

Its crazy how accurate my previous analogy on Wonwoo was.

 

The Wonwoo I met at the club was like a bonfire; adrenaline infused with a bit of intoxication. And the Wonwoo I got to know more was like a fireplace. The kind of that gives you warmth.

 

Even though I like both Jeonghan hyung and Wonwoo, I can’t decide who I should go after. Not until recently. Not until my mom gave me that hauntingly spot on advice.

 

“Just pick the person who makes your heart hurt, Mingyu. When your heart is at a crossroad, just pick where you’ll hurt more. The pain will lead the way.” My mom told me. I looked at her like she was crazy because what kind of mom would advice her son to pick to road where it will hurt him.

 

“Umma! Aren’t you supposed to tell me where my heart is more at peace and all that ?” I asked her. My mom immediately smacked my head down because I swore.

 

“I didn’t raise you to be this foul-mouthed, swearing kind of person, Kim Mingyu! Act properly!” She yelled at me. I smiled at her as I rubbed the sore spot.

 

“Sorry. Well, aren’t you suppose to tell me that? Instead of telling me to pick where I’ll hurt more?” I asked her. Mom let out a heavy sigh before answering.

 

“Son, just listen to what I’m gonna tell you okay? Think about it and I hope it helps. All my life has always been about cooking. It was my salvation from poverty, after all. I honed my craft until I became who I am today. Along those time I was growing up; I met several men.” She said. Instantly, and unconsciously, I made a disgusted face.

 

“Mom! I don’t need to hear you pre-marital love affairs!” I complained. My mom smiled her mom smile at me before continuing.

 

“Just listen to my, darling, you’ll understand it soon enough.” She said. I nodded and urged her to continue. “Well, as I was growing up, I met several men who dared to take my hand. But being the driven person I was, I sent them away when it was getting serious because I was afraid to be held down. I still wanted to achieve more things, and I haven’t gave my parents the comfortable life I promised them.” She said. I still don’t know where my mom was going with this so I just nodded at certain points.

 

“I didn’t regret letting any of them go; it didn’t hurt me at all when they left. And then there was your father.” She said. I didn’t know if I should smile or be disgusted when I saw the sparkle in her eyes as she mentioned my father.

 

“Your father was certainly my match! He was just like how you are now, playing with girls’ hearts. But when he met me, he changed; he became this totally devoted person who only had me in his eyes. And that certainly threatened your grandparents. They were expecting me to be just another fling to your father, but they were mistaken. They tried a dew times to separate me with your dad.” She told her story. I was amazed and somehow disturbed that my grandparents were like that before. They adored my mother and to think that they disapproved of her before was just absurd in my mind.

 

“They tried to separate us, son, and they almost did! My career was just taking off and my relationship with your father was getting too serious too quickly. We were falling in too deep so fast!” She said excitedly, even clasping her hands in reminiscent glee.

 

“Mom, you’re getting off topic. What’s the point? How will pain lead the way?” I asked her impatiently. She glared at me for disturbing her trip down the memory lane, and begrudgingly sorted out her point.

 

“Well, the point is,” She glared at me again “-that when the time your grandparents almost succeeded in separating us, it pained me, practically killed me, to realize that I could lose this wonderful man if I don’t reach out and pull him to me! When I was at that point where I had to choose between letting your dad go, or continuing to be single and improve my career, I chose what would hurt me more if I lose it; your dad or my career? So using that pain, that fear of losing your dad, I asked your grandparents what I could do to gain their approval! They said their condition and I worked my off, worked the hardest I’ve ever worked, just so that I could meet it. The younger me who wasn’t even affected of losing a boyfriend was terrified to lose your dad.” She finished. It was still pretty blurry to me, but I think I’m getting there.

 

“So ultimately, the pain I felt when I was scared of losing your dad made me even more driven. The pain led the way.” She said, repeating her previous statement.

 

“Now, I don’t expect your crossroad to be as intense as mine had been; and you definitely shouldn’t be at such a crossroad just yet! You’re still too young.” She said, eyeing me suspiciously. “What I mean is to think about who would hurt more to lose. You don’t hurt for just anybody, so you better pick the one that matters.” She said. By now, I was amazed by my mother’s wisdom. She certainly is my father’s match. The lady of KMG Telecoms sure did go through a lot of trials to be who she is.

 

 

Using that way of thinking. I thought about who would hurt more to lose. Recently I noticed that both Jeonghan Hyung and Wonwoo have caught attention of other guys.

 

Seungcheol hyung and that blasted Lee Seokmin.

 

Ever since Jeonghan hyung and Seungcheol met, there has been this undeniable chemistry between the two. Seungcheol hyung almost gravitates towards Jeonghan hyung. They may not have the best introduction, but they certainly moved past that.

 

I have to admit that I was jealous when I saw Seungcheol hyung take Jeonghan hyung to his work the first time. I felt so territorial about Jeonghan hyung; like he was mine because I met him first. But then it changed.

 

They got along so well that sometimes it feels like they’re the only ones in the room! I liked Jeonghan hyung, but I was just fine when he hangs out with Seungcheol hyung. I was even fine when I saw them holding hands.

 

But Jeon Wonwoo is a different case altogether.

 

When I saw him hanging with that good for nothing, cousin dating, chipmunk cheeked, neat freak Lee Seokmin, it was like madness! The way he fixed Wonwoo’s glasses for him got me so infuriated in so many levels. And when he dared to grab Wonwoo’s wrist and ran in the wind, I felt so angry like I’ve never been before.

 

That was the moment that my feelings for Jeonghan hyung vanished and everything became about Jeon Wonwoo.

 

It pained me to see some neat freak make him smile. I should be the one doing that, not Lee Seokmin.

 

I realized that the jealousy I feel is not like the territorial instinct I had for Jeonghan hyung. No, this was different. I feel like it doesn’t make sense for him to be with another guy, laughing. It just has to be me. JUST ME.

 

With that cursed memory of them on those benches in mind, I texted Wonwoo.

 

 

To: Snow White Wonwoo

 

Yah! Snow White! Where are you?

Are you with your boyfriend?

 

I sent it to him hoping for a fast reply, but this guy wasn’t anywhere near replying! After whole fifteen minutes of my precious time wasted on waiting, I sent the same message again. AND AGAIN. I decided to give it a rest after that. I feel like I’m making myself too obvious like that.

 

It wasn’t after an hour after my first text the he replied.

 

From: Snow White Wonwoo

 

Benches behind Law Building.

Studying.

Not my boyfriend.

Why?

 

 

So he was with that Lee Seokmin, wasn’t he?! And they were in those damn benches again! I ought to have that place taken down and have a café or something built there instead; such a wasted space for just mere benches. The University should be more efficient with their investments!

 

But I did like the part where he said that Seokmin is not his boyfriend. That part I like; a lot.

 

Now, remembering that this boy doesn’t eat well when he studies, I wondered if he has eaten anything by this time. Writing a reply, I asked him if he’s eaten.

 

 

To: Snow White Wonwoo

 

So you ARE with him, aren’t you?

Have you eaten already?

He better not be starving you.

 

 

This time, I expected a faster reply because he’s already replied once. I almost dropped my phone when I received his fast reply.

 

From: Snow White Wonwoo

 

Yes. I’m with him; he’s my partner after all.

We haven’t eaten lunch yet.

I don’t see you bringing food here

Don’t expect my partner to feed me.

 

 

So that booger is starving Wonwoo?  Well, such manners are expected of that douche. He ditched my cousin and said he’d study abroad, when he is still here, flirting with Wonwoo. He should’ve really gone abroad if I knew he’d be here instead.

 

Dashing out of my class, I went to the cafeteria. I wondered what to buy him, but realized that this picky eater is picky. So to help my problem, I called him instead. He definitely took his time answering. That booger better not be telling him to keep me waiting.

 

“What do you want, Snow White?” I asked him immediately when he picked up.

 

“Heol! Kim Mingyu?” he answered.

 

“Just tell me what you want already!” I replied back. I didn’t mean to be whiny about it; it just came out that way.

 

“I want fried chicken and beer!” He answered. Beer is definitely okay for the weather outside. We could go on a picnic date or something.

 

“Yah! We’re studying and you want beer? Are you out of your mind?” I heard a different voice say on the other line. What the hell? Is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter