Chapter Twenty-Four

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

A/N: I’ll be changing Uncle Jun’s name from Seo Jun to Seo Joon to avoid further confusion with Junhui.

 

 

It has been a week since Seungcheol’s fight with everyone living in Jeonghan’s apartment and Mingyu is getting weirded out by their current situation more and more.

 

First of all, Jisoo has moved back in with Jeonghan and Wonwoo the day after the incident and has been acting as hawk-like father against anything and anyone since. Mingyu once thought that Jisoo acted fatherly, but this is slowly getting into his nerves. He can’t meet with Wonwoo properly because the older is hovering.

 

Which brings us to number two: Wonwoo welcomes the sudden attention. Mingyu understood that Seungcheol has crossed few lines too many, so Jeonghan is the one most hurt; but Wonwoo has placed a lot of walls against Seungcheol and any of his advances. Mingyu couldn’t help but feel cornered because he cannot abandon Seungcheol, no matter how wrong he was. He’s trapped in the middle of a winter cold war.

 

But what makes him gasp in disbelief the most is the third.

 

Jeonghan seems fine to all of it, to the point of oblivion.

 

He acts like nothing has happened; like Jisoo and Seungcheol didn’t even fought at all. He treats everyone as he did before, everyone but Seungcheol.

 

Yoon Jeonghan seemed like he didn’t even meet Choi Seungcheol at any point of his life. He went on with his life like nothing happened, like he wasn’t hurt, but he seemed to have forgotten Seungcheol. Mingyu didn’t know if he should be shocked or applaud Jeonghan for acting like he really didn’t know Seungcheol.

 

And right now, he sat with Jeonghan at the back of their class, gathering their things because the lecture is over.

 

“Mingyu, I forgot to ask, but how did your dinner went? Wonwoo went to you house right?” The longhaired boy asked him. The younger was surprised by the sudden inquiry but didn’t think too much of it.

 

“It went rather well, if I must say.” He answered. “My Wonwoo has since sealed mom’s approval for dating me.” He added cheekily.

 

“Oho!” Jeonghan chirped. “Look at you calling him My Wonwoo! Kim Mingyu, you’re doing great!” He said, playfully punching his shoulder. “Why? Did he do something to impressive?” He asked.

 

“Just because.” Mingyu answered with a shrug. “My parents just likes Wonwoo; I don’t know how or why, but they just like him a lot.” He explained. Even he wonders sometimes how his parents could be so fond of Wonwoo at first sight. To be honest, he expected to have a few arguments from his parents because his boyfriend didn’t come from a rich family, and moreover, the fact that he has a boyfriend.

 

“Wonwoo is special that way, Gyu.” Jeonghan commented. “Remember how easily I liked him and he became my roommate soon after? That’s because you just can’t dislike Wonwoo. He’s charismatic that way.” He explained.

 

“Cheol hyung’s dad must’ve missed the memo then.” His grumbled words slipped out of his mouth. Realizing what he just said, he looked cautiously at Jeonghan for his reaction but was surprised to see none.

 

Didn’t he hear me? He thought anxiously.

 

“Han-ah, have you talked to Cheol hyung since that day?” He asked the longhaired boy, watching him closely.

 

There was slight crack in Jeonghan’s façade for a moment; a tiny second where his face was devoid of emotion. That was until he smiled again and finished packing up.

 

“Where are we going to eat for lunch? Wonwoo told me he’s camping in the library with Seokmin because they have a major quiz later.” He changed topic, not answering his question. Mingyu knew this already, but what surprised him is how Jeonghan is bent on avoiding the topic.

 

“What? Really? Lucky booger. He’s kidnapped my Wonwoo again.” Mingyu said, giving up. “Do you have plans for today or are we going to wait for them to finish, because I kinda have the whole day to myself today.” He told the longhaired boy.

 

“I have to meet my uncles and aunt later. They said I haven’t been seeing more of them even though they’re here.” Jeonghan informed the younger. “They sound like they we’re kidding, but still, I need to give them a visit.” He added. Mingyu nodded in understanding.

 

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow then!” Mingyu called after Jeonghan as the longhaired boy took his leave.

 

He decided to see Seungcheol later on. That coward has delayed apologizing for too long, he needs to fix things and Mingyu knew that his hyung needed a push towards the right direction.

 

 

**********

 

 

Wonwoo was supposed to be taking an exam right now.

 

He is currently sitting inside an actual limousine with Lee Seokmin, and with them is Mr. Cho.

Their class was cancelled due to the fact that the Japanese lawyer had a meeting with the professors at the Law department; every law class that day was cancelled. He then met Seokmin afterwards and took the chance to have a meal with the two.

 

“Yah, don’t you know Japanese at all?” Wonwoo whispered as he nudged his friend beside him.

 

“I can understand a little, but I can’t speak it at all.” Seokmin answered as subtle as possible.

 

“THEN WHY DID YOU AGREE TO THIS? YOU EVEN PULLED ME ALONG! I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO HIM AT ALL!” He hissed. It was silent but not enough to be unheard of the lawyer with them.

 

“If you have problems with language barrier, please rest easy. I know Korean.” Mr. Cho said in perfect pronunciation. Wonwoo and Seokmin gasped at him.

 

“What? How is this possible?” Seokmin asked nobody in particular.

 

“I’m a lawyer, Lee Seokmin. I should know Korean if I’m supposed to handle the legal department of Minatozaki Technologies. We are global, of course.” Mr. Cho answered professionally. “And I should know it, being a half-Korean.” He added with a smile.

 

“What? I’ve known you since I was in high school and I didn’t even know that you’re half-Korean?!” Seokmin asked him in disbelief.

 

“I think that one is your fault, Seokmin.” Mr. Cho answered. “It also doesn’t help your case when my last name is Cho.” He added with humor. “Cho Yeolshin.”

 

“I don’t think you could get out of that one, Seok. You didn’t even know his full name?” Wonwoo commented. “I mean no offence, but why didn’t you say you knew Korean, Mr. Cho?” He turned to the lawyer.

 

“None taken; don’t worry.” Mr. Cho assured him. “It’s just that I see the fascination Seokmin has with the language, so I thought I could inspire him to learn it.” He answered. Seokmin looked a little bit embarrassed by the statement, but was saved by their arrival their destination.

 

 

**********

Mingyu barged into Seungcheol’s apartment; he knocked at the door like crazy and waited for it to open. He was expecting Seungcheol to answer but was disappointed when his cousin, Choi Hansol, opened it instead.

 

“Where’s your cousin, Hansol?” He asked. The American looking boy pointed to his cousin’s bedroom.

 

“He’s over there. He came home around 2 AM this morning, hyung. What have you guys been doing?” Hansol pouted. “Didn’t even invite me.” He grumbled as he returned to his own room.

 

“What? 2 AM? Where has he been?” Mingyu asked himself before opening Seungcheol’s door. He didn’t know what to expect; was he sulking with alcohol or was he crying with regret. But none of that mattered because Seungcheol was doing none of those things.

 

He was sleeping like log. Choi Seungcheol was sleeping so peacefully that Mingyu was in shock! Does he have no guilt? Conscience? How could he sleep like this when he’s hurt his friends so much? Has he given up on Jeonghan already? Mingyu thought that the older really like Jeonghan, does this mean that’s not the case anymore?

 

Intending to wake up Seungcheol, he took the blanket off of the other and pulled his pillow harshly from under his head. It wasn’t long until Seungcheol groaned in annoyance.

 

“What the is your problem, dude?” Seungcheol complained as he scratched his head.

 

“Don’t you have a problem, hyung?” Mingyu returned the question to him. “You fought with Jisoo hyung, snapped at Jeonghan hyung, and offended my boyfriend. Don’t you have something to do, like apologize maybe?” He scolded.

 

“I know, okay? Don’t need to nag.” Seungcheol grumbled, sitting up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter