Chapter Three

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Seungcheol went to visit his old Econ professor. He was the one professor in the school who didn’t use him for connections, but as just humbled to have taught a student from such a family like his. Seungcheol felt close to the old professor and respected him very highly. He went to his class in the morning and waited for him to arrive.

 

“Oppa!” A voice shouted and he looked to see Soojung running to him. People took interest with them and Seungcheol was annoyed at once. She wrapped an arm around his and looked at him pleasantly.

 

“Oh, Shijung. You’re here?” He said, mistaking her name on purpose to irritate her. A student behind her snickered and Soojung glared at her in annoyance.

 

“Of course I’m here, oppa! This is my class!” she said. “Why are you here, oppa? Here to visit me?” She asked, feigning coyness.

 

“Ani. I didn’t even know you’re in this Department.” He said, trying to annoy the girl more. The same student from before snickered again and this time Soojung snapped.

 

“Eavesdrop much?” she barked at the student. “You’re in front of my seat, how can I not hear?” The girl retorted, but Soojung wasn’t going to back down. “Well don’t you have anywhere better to be?” She asked her sharply. Seungcheol took notice of the girl’s knowing smile and smiled himself. “Well, class is about to start SHIJung. I don’t have anywhere else to be.” She replied. Soojung was floored and red with anger, probably mixed with great shame. Seungcheol has stayed enough and he shook of her arms around his.

 

“I’m not here for you, Jung Shijung. I’m here for the professor.” He said, craning his neck to look for the subject of his visit.

 

Seungcheol looked around the room and was in for a really pleasant surprise. He saw the girl from before, the one with the lilac and silver hair. She was one of the student’s in the room so she must’ve been in the Econ Department as well. She was reading a book with her earphones on; Seungcheol didn’t think she was very social because of her defenses.

 

He left Soojung and made his way over to the girl at the back. As he was getting closer, he began to see her clothing. She was wearing a white sweater under a pink shirt underneath. She was wearing dark blue skinny jeans and some white sneakers. Seungcheol was refreshed by the look of a girl not in a skirt.

 

He stood in front of her table and waited until she took notice of him. Ten seconds he counted, but still the girl hasn’t looked up from her book. He knocked on her table to get his attention but still nothing.

 

Does this girl not know who I am? He thought bitterly, having to be made wait for someone is a first for him.

 

He didn’t appreciate being ignored so he took the book from the girl and read it himself. He looked down to the girl and saw her glaring at him. He smiled at her spirit. No one has ever dared to glare at him so openly. She looks pretty even when she’s angry! He thought.

 

“What are you glaring at?” He said, his voice teasing.

 

“I dunno? Maybe some lowlife who stole my book?” She snapped. He took notice of how unusually deep her voice was for a girl, but he still liked it. He didn’t particularly like being called a low life, though. He laughed at the insult and earned few people’s attention.

 

“Now, who are you calling a lowlife, you silly little girl.” He said, his lowered himself to meet her eye level. Up close, he could see the long lashed eyes she got and her delicate nose and pretty lips. She blew her hair away from her face before she replied.

 

“I dunno? Maybe the douche whose self importance is so high, he expects me to know him?” She retorted, glaring at him with equal fierceness. People were now openly staring. He could hear Soojung behind him and making comments about ‘How dare she?’ and stuff.

 

“Choi Seungcheol! What are you doing to my best student, right now?” Professor Baek’s voice was heard roaring. Seungcheol stood up and looked at his professor, but not before giving the girl another glare. “Leave the poor girl alone!” He scolded. Seungcheol wanted to say something but the girl stood up and turned to Professor Baek.

 

“I’m not a girl, sir. I clearly am a boy!” She said. Everyone’s head darted back to him in surprise. Professor Baek’s face had a stony expression while everyone else had his or her eyes wide open.

 

“Heol! Who do you think you’re kidding?” Soojung interjected. The girl boy took Seungcheol’s hands and pressed it to his chest.

 

Seungcheol’s face went from milky white to beet red in a few seconds as scandalized gasps were heard. He was so surprised by the action, he still hasn’t grasped that this person is a boy.

 

“I SAID THAT I AM A BOY!” He shouted. Seungcheol couldn’t deny it anymore; he definitely proved he was a guy.

 

“Aren’t you Kim Mingyu’s girlfriend? He always calls you ‘Han-ah’ or ‘Hani’ whenever you two are talking.” Soojung asked him in bewilderment. Seungcheol’s ears perked up when he heard Mingyu’s name.

 

They know each other? He thought.

 

“Yah, My name is Yoon Jeonghan! Of course he would call me Han-ah or Hani. You stupid?” The guy, whose name apparently was Jeonghan, snapped. Soojung shut up, embarrassed.

 

“Class. Now That Mr. Yoon’s gender is settled. I suggest we go back to class. Jeonghan-ssi, I apologize for having thought of you as a girl.” He apologized, “But I must say, you really are pretty for a guy. Easily the prettiest in the class! No offence girls.” He said, having a great laugh to his supposed Joke. Seungcheol had to agree, though. He was indeed the prettiest in the room; boy or girl. Jeonghan blushed at the compliment and took his seat down.

 

“And as for you, Choi Seungcheol. I suggest you meet me outside or if your business here was with Mr. Yoon, I suggest you do it after class.

 

Seungcheol seemed to have returned to his senses; he gave Jeonghan one last glare before going to the professor and talked to him.

 

The day went by so fast; the only thought in his head was to talk to one Kim Mingyu.

 

He sent a text to his friend.

 

TO: MINGYU

 

Meet me by the café ASAP. I’ll be waiting.

 

He received a reply few minutes later.

 

FROM: MINGYU

 

I’LL SEE YOU IN AN HOUR ;)

 

 

 

Seungcheol went straight to the café to wait for his friend. He didn’t know that Mingyu knew Yoon Jeonghan. How could he not tell him? He waited impatiently for him, but time seemed to like teasing him as it passed too slow for his liking. A waiter came by his table and asked him what his order was. He was sure that the waiter meant for him to leave if he was not ordering.

 

“I’m waiting for someone. I’ll order once he gets here, thank you.” He answered politely. The waiter bowed and went away.

 

After what felt like eternity, Mingyu came in. The barista greeted him and Seungcheol had to note how casual their greeting was. Since when did Kim Mingyu become friendly with the café staff? He thought to himself. He was not even seated yet when Seungcheol told him to buy them drinks.

 

“Yah, go order something first. I’m kinda hungry too; buy me as sandwich as well. That waiter has been dying to get me to order. Or leave.” He said, making the younger chuckle, but complied. He returned after a while and took a seat in front of him.

 

“So what you wanna talk about?” Mingyu asked him.

 

“Later, lets eat first. I’m so hungry and annoyed right now.” He grumbled. They waited for a few minutes before their food and drinks were served. The barista himself served their drinks. Seungcheol expected the guy to leave once he’s finished but he stayed for a while a talked to Mingyu.

 

“Yah, Kim Mingyu! Waiting for your boyfriend?” The barista asked him cheekily. Again, Seungcheol wondered how the hell was Mingyu close to the staff when he doesn’t even talk to humans he think is not rich.

 

“Ani, hyung! He’s not my boyfriend! We’re just friends!” He denied, but a faint blush tainted his cheeks.

 

“What friend takes his friend to and from work religiously?” The barista replied, embarrassing Mingyu even more. The guy left with a laugh and waved him goodbye.

 

“Since when were you close to staffs and since when did you have a boyfriend? You even take them to and from work?” He asked, but Mingyu just laughed off his questions.

 

“My friend works here as a barista, so naturally I became close to the other staff as well. I figured they were cool enough people to talk to so I do!” He said. Seungcheol eyes his friend suspiciously before taking a bite of his sandwich.

 

“So tell me, hyung! What do you want to talk about?” He said.

 

“What do you know about Yoon Jeonghan?” He asked. Seungcheol noted how quickly Mingyu removed his surprised expression with a stoic one.

 

“He’s the top student in our year.” Mingyu answered.

 

“I thought that was you?” He asked the younger, who just shook his head.

 

“That was both of us. We both topped it.” Mingyu answered. So he really is Professor Baek’s best student. He thought.

 

“What else?” He asked.

 

“All I can say hyung, is that…” the younger drifted on. He took a bite out of his sandwich, which made Seungcheol impatient with frustration.

 

“Well, do get on with it!” He yelled. Catching the attention of the people near their table.

 

“He is too good even for Choi Seungcheol; sole heir of Choi Industries.” Mingyu answered with a smirk. Seungcheol didn’t know if he should be offended by the statement or more curious of the boy in question.

 

“Yah, that’s a dangerous statement, Kim Mingyu. Are you sure?” He asked his younger friend with a daring look in his eyes. Mingyu didn’t cower from his gaze and just gave him a smirk.

 

“Oh yes, hyung!” He answered confidently. “He’s a blessing to this earth that I wouldn’t give to anyone. Even you.” Seungcheol studied his friend. In the length of their acquaintance, He believed that Mingyu regarded him better to most people. So for him to make such a statements infuriated him.

 

“Jeonghan-ah! Mingyu is here!”

 

They both heard the voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter