Chapter One

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol entered the gates of Hangguk University like any normal Korean student. He parked his car on his usual parking space and walked in. He convinced his parents to at least make his bodyguards inconspicuous and be somewhere he can’t see. After months and months of pleading, he finally made them agree to make him look and feel like a normal student.

 

He wasn’t sure if he was normal looking enough because as he walked around the campus, people kept on looking at him and whispering amongst themselves. Seungcheol wasn’t sure if he should be offended or not because of it. He saw his best friend surrounded by other students fawning over him.

 

“Yah! Kim Mingyu! Come over right here!” He shouted, and at once dozens of heated glares turned to him. Protests and violent reactions were heard and Seungcheol wondered why that was. Mingyu went to him and nodded.

 

Kim Mingyu was his friend since toddlers. Their families were closest to each other, that’s why Seungcheol grew up knowing Mingyu like a brother.  Kim Mingyu is a handsome face, that’s why when he entered the entertainment industry; he didn’t have a hard time gaining popularity. He dyed his hair blue, perfectly complimenting his skin tone. Kim Mingyu is handsome and he knows how to use it. One flash of his smile can send his fangirls into frenzy.

 

“Hyung! I thought you want to be like a normal student? Why are you calling me out like that?” The younger playfully scolded the older. Seungcheol looked to him with confusion.

 

“Yah! Why wouldn’t I call you like that? It’s because I’m older than you!” He reasoned out, hitting the younger by the head. The people glaring at him screamed and protested at once, surprising him. Mingyu appeased his adoring fans before going back to him.

 

“Hyung, it may be because you haven’t experience the outside world, but normal people doesn’t normally get to see and touch me, let alone hit me! That’s why those girls were angry with you!” Mingyu explained. Again, Seungcheol didn’t know what the problem was.

 

“It’s because I’m KIM MINGYU!” the younger explained further, stressing out his name. “Because I am the sole heir of KMG Telecom. That’s why people were surprised to see someone call me informally, furthermore hit me!”

 

“And I am CHOI SEUNGCHEOL!” He copied Mingyu’s explanation. “I assume you don’t need me to go on further, right?” He said smugly. Mingyu scratched his head in frustration.

 

“NOBODY KNOWS THAT, HYUNG!” He said, whisper shouting. “You wanted to be a normal person, right? A normal person doesn’t talk with chaebols!” Mingyu explained. Seungcheol began to see his reason an immediately nodded.

 

“Yah, mianhae. I never hung out with you outside of our inner circles.” He said, smiling, pushing the younger by the shoulder. A collective number of scandalized gasps were heard. The two boys laughed at their reactions.

 

“Anyway, I don’t think you’ll experience normal life. Your background is bound to come out, hyung.” Mingyu informed him, but he only nodded in agreement.

 

“Exactly. So I want to experience it for as long as I can.” He answered with a great sigh. Mingyu laughed at his sentiment.

 

“Hyung! Who are you kidding? Let me ask you a few questions, alright?” He said, Seungcheol nodded.

 

“Which car did you use coming here?”

 

“My old Lambo.”

 

“Where did you park it?”

 

“Where we parked the last time.”

 

Mingyu laughed at his answers and Seungcheol had to hit him again to make him stop and explain. He wasn’t even surprised to hear a protest from the younger’s fans.

 

“Hyung! None of these people, outside of the top 1% of society, owns a Lamborghini. Let alone have two! And you say your Lambo is old like an insult.” He said, explaining as he was chuckling.

 

“Second, the place where you parked your car is reserved for VVVIP people only. So your normal life went out the window the moment you parked there. If you remove the VVVI, then maybe you’ll be normal.” Seungcheol felt stupid at once! And its his first time feeling so; for the record. He was so accustomed to his ways that he didn’t realize that other people don’t live like he does.

 

“Anyways, hyung! You need to go to your classes; I have to get back to the company! You know I only went here to welcome you on your first day.

 

“Right! Like I was the first reason you went to a University. Keep telling yourself that, Kim Mingyu, when we both know you came here for the ladies.” He teased, gesturing to the now curious fans that are starting to eye him as well. After the younger left, few of the girls followed him to his class. He is taking up Economics and his first class for today is his major. He had no choice in that matter, he had to study Economics because his father said it would help him get a grasp in managing the company later on.

 

He entered the study hall and took his seat in the middle part of the room. He didn’t like the awkward people in front and the rowdy ones in the back. He figured in the middle is the most likely to be normal.

 

The professor went in and took his stand behind the podium; he started to explain the principles of economics and called out each student by name.

 

“Baek Jinah”

 

“Present!”

 

“Boo Banggeul”

 

“Present!”

 

“Choi Seungcheol.”

 

“Prese-”

 

“Choi Seungcheol, are your parents, perhaps, Choi Seongnam and Heo Seungji?” The professor asked, earning curious looks and whispered questions all over the room. He knew what was coming, so with reluctance, he nodded.

 

“Uwaa! In my life, I didn’t expect to have the privilege of being the first class advisor of the son of Choi Industries! Choi Seungcheol-ssi, welcome to my humble class!” the professor said before giving him a 90 degrees bow. Seungcheol felt so burdened because of the action, and seeing how his classmates suddenly became interested in him, he felt even worse.

 

His first day hasn’t even finished when his family background has spread out like wildfire to the whole university. Least to say, normal college life is out of question.

 

 

ONE YEAR LATER

 

Seungcheol quickly got over the loss of his shot in a normal college. He became used to being the popular, and as the son of one of the top 5 companies in the country, he is extremely popular.

 

Mingyu entered college a year earlier. Despite his job as a celebrity, his parents didn’t let him squander off his studies, using his genius mind, he entered the University top of his year. Seungcheol was happy at this development because he needed more of his people here. Most of the students only fawn over him and he wants someone who understands him and isn’t after his money and fame.

 

They were hanging in the soccer field, after playing for a round. Mingyu laughed out loud, surprising the older.

 

“Who would’ve thought that in a span of a year, Choi Seungcheol would be the same as me? I thought you are the good kind of chaebol!” Mingyu said, laughing. Seungcheol chuckled in agreement.

 

“Yah! I don’t have your attitude! I’m polite to everyone!” He said, agreeing to everything except his etiquette.

 

“Eyy! To be honest, being too polite should be considered impolite! You never talk to anyone informally aside from few friends and me. You even use honorifics to students in my year!” Mingyu rebutted, only getting frown from the older.

 

“I don’t need to be close to them, Mingyu-yah. I only study in the same institution as them.” He defended. Mingyu only sighed on his logic.

 

“Anyways, they are all the same; wanting to get close for connections or chance at being popular. I don’t need those parasites.” He said coldly.

 

“I get what you mean, hyung. I really do.” The younger nodded in agreement.

 

“Wanna see some eye candy instead? I heard my batch has more ulzzangs than yours.” Mingyu suggested. Seungcheol looked to him with humor in his eyes. If there was one thing Choi Seungcheol enjoyed about being rich, it’s the never-ending supply of boys and girls. He wasn’t picky with the , if that person tickles his fancy, then that is his next conquest. His flings have never been long, or public. He makes everyone of his past partners a non-disclosure agreement. That’s why he never became the subject of a scandal. He’s had seven flings so far; none of them went over two months. His last one went on for only one and a half month because the girl became clingy and possessive.

 

They took their usual spot on the café the often went. It was still in campus that’s why only students can come in. Seungcheol and Mingyu came in with several people and they took most of the café’s space. Most of their company was girls and some guys came with as well.

 

Seungcheol, who didn’t have Mingyu’s patience with people’s stupidity, immediately felt bored; and wasn’t long until he had his eyes wandering instead. His eyes gazed upon someone who was reading something on the café’s memo board. The girl had lilac hair that turns into gray as it ended past her shoulders. Seungcheol waited for the girl to turn around to look at her face, and when she did, he was breathless.

 

She had soft features and a delicate nose. Even from afar, Seungcheol could tell that she had pretty long lashes; and those lips that turned ever so slightly upward that hinted of a smile had him entranced. He just had to know who that girl is for no one has caught his attention like she did.

 

Mingyu, who noticed him spacing out, nudged him back to reality.

 

“Hyung! You all right?” the blue haired asked. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” He said. Seungcheol turned to him for a moment then looked back to his girl, but when he did, she was gone.

 

“I think I just did,” he whispered as he craned out his neck to look for her. He stood up tried to find her.

 

“Hyung, where are you going?” Seungcheol didn’t even think of his company, only speaking to Mingyu.

 

“I have to go, okay? Something important came up.” He said as he took his leave and went out.

 

***

 

Jeonghan entered his new apartment. He felt grateful for his ‘uncle’ from London go gave him such a generous gift. He asked if he was renting the place but his uncle said it was entitled to him already as he bought it for Jeonghan. He didn’t know what to say because he was only ever receiving things from his many guardians who took it upon themselves to chip in and raise him. He didn’t know where his lucky stars were but he sure was thankful for them.

 

He scanned the place and felt it too big for his liking. It had three room and two baths. One room had an en suite bathroom. The place is fully furnished so he had no problems with buying appliances anymore. He had no idea why his uncle bought him this particular place because it had way too many rooms and he had no one to share it with. This is gonna be a pain in the to clean. He complained to himself. He unpacked his very minimal stuff and immediately felt bad because of its quantity.

 

He knew he had to look for a job to pay for his expenses. Despite having a bank account made by his guardians, Jeonghan never withdrawn from it unless it was absolutely necessary for him to do so. He wanted to at least make himself useful so that he can return everything he has received thus far back to his guardians.

 

So, during his free time, he looked for a job that is near his place and his University. He knew he was just plain lucky when he saw cafes and restaurants within the Uni and he just had to pick one from those. He went to a café that was averagely crowded. He didn’t want an overly popular place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter