Chapter Twenty-Two

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

It was the start of the week and Hangguk University is open for classes again. The bomb scare was proven to be just a scare, so it was to the student’s relief to have a long weekend for free.

 

But it was neither the bomb scare nor the reopening for classes that buzzed around the university.

 

Jung Entertainment’s frustrated partnership with Show Business Tycoon, Hong Minsoo, surfaced into the public news so that meant a lot of publicity damage to the company. Stocks of Jung Entertainment declined at the notion of the company not competitive enough to acquire one of Hollywood’s top producers as a partner.

 

Jeonghan thought that he could start his week peacefully, but it seemed liked his day wasn’t agreeing with him. He knows that the news is mainly his fault and he half expects Soojung to barge in any minute, demanding an explanation for whatever her dad surely must have told her.

 

He was half right.

 

Soojung was arguing with Jisoo on the cafeteria. With everyone staring at them, she is shamelessly demanding for an explanation for Jisoo.

 

Why is Jisoo here in the first place? Jeonghan thought. He understood that Jisoo knows all there is to know in his classes because he was introduced to it in such an early age, thus not going. He only attended the first week of his classes and hasn’t come to any of it ever since. So seeing him in campus is a little bit weird.

 

“Yah, Hong Jisoo! I demand that you give me an explanation as to why your dad decided to dissolve his partnership with my company?” Soojung snapped. Jeonghan didn’t know if he should interfere with the situation, but he also know that arguing with Jung Soojung is going to deplete his energy for the day; so he decided to watch it for the mean time.

 

“That’s classified information, Jung Soojung! My father can’t simply give you his reasons! We just have to respect his decisions.” Jisoo answered respectfully. Jeonghan could only laugh at his friend’s church boy persona. He always thought it funny how anti-argument Jisoo is.

 

“What do you mean respect his decision? You can’t just cancel an underway contract partnership that way!” Soojung retorted. “I’m going to file an official complaint on your dad and sue him for tarnishing Jung Entertainment’s proud image!” She yelled, making everyone look at her again. Jisoo looked way too uncomfortable in his current situation; he was trying hard not to let his smile drop and keep his composure, but Jeonghan knows its only a matter of time before Hong Jisoo loses his patience.

 

“Jung Soojung-ssi.” He exhaled respectfully. “There is a reason why my dad didn’t push through his partnership with your dad’s company; as to what specifically, I don’t have the slightest idea. Please stop this because people are looking.” He said in exhaustion. Soojung must’ve realized that they were in public so keeping her actions in check she glared at Jisoo.

 

“This is so not finished Hong Jisoo.” She said before flipping her hair as she turned around and left.

 

Jeonghan made his way to Jisoo’s table and sat beside him.

 

“You ok? Soojung is exhausting, right?” He asked his friend who only smiled in reply. “What are you doing here? It’s not like you go to school for the education.” He remarked.

 

“I’m actually here for you.” Jisoo answered to his surprise. “You need to tell me how things happened exactly, dad only said his secret weapon advised him to go look for a new company instead of Jung Entertainment. I remember him calling you his secret weapon so you must’ve been involved.” He added. “How’d you even know about it?” He asked.

 

“You told me.” Jeonghan answered. “When I called you last time, you mentioned it.” He added right away when he saw Jisoo’s confused expression.

 

“That was way too brief a conversation to make a big decision, Jeonghan. Are you sure this is purely professional?” Jisoo told him suspiciously, crossing his arms. Jeonghan gasped in shock.

 

“Soojung kept on saying she’s the daughter of Jung Ent and she kept on threatening me, so I made a quick look on her company and made a study on it. Jung Entertainment isn’t worth its name; they lack sincerity towards their artists and their songs are somehow all similar. It wasn’t a rash decision Joshua Hong. I’m offended that you’ll suspect me of being careless.” He answered somehow offended. “I wouldn’t risk uncle’s name because of my personal feelings towards Soojung. You should know me better than that.” He said as he turned away from Jisoo, not facing him anymore.

 

“When did you do this?” Jisoo asked him, not wanting to hurt him more but kept on asking.

 

“When you guys were still in LA.” Jeonghan answered curtly. “I was alarmed when you told me about the underway contract, and I called uncle before it gets sealed.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jisoo apologized. “It was an honest mistake.” He added. Jeonghan didn’t want to make an issue out of this so he just nodded and accepted his apology.

 

“So on a different topic, would you go to your classes today now that you’re actually in school?” He asked. Jisoo looked at him like he was kidding.

 

“You know it’s elementary stuff for me, Jeonghan.” He commented.

 

“But aren’t you wasting your money if you keep this up? It’s also gonna show on your records. As you know, records are everything.” Jeonghan reminded him.

 

“Yah, Yoon Jeonghan!” Jisoo yelled playfully. “Record may matter, but that’s only for people who don’t have talent!” He said. “I’m was born in show business! It’s what I grew up in, so it’s pretty much in my bones! I know every nook and cranny in entertainment, even the dirty ones. I don’t want to sound arrogant, but the knowledge I possess would overcome any displeasing records against me.” He said proudly, Jeonghan had to step back to have a disbelieving look.

 

“Wow, Joshua Hong, I guess staying behind uncle has earned you lots of thing, huh?” Jeonghan joked as he wrapped his arm around Jisoo, pulling him by the shoulder! “You’re getting more confident than the goody two shoes boy I knew back then!” He teased, making Jisoo laugh.

 

“You’re not the only one who changed, Honey Yoon!” Jisoo countered with a wink and finger guns. “I learned a lot from father! This is just between us, okay?” He whispered as he motioned the longhaired boy to come closer. “Dad actually is making roots here for me. He wants me to start out here in Korea and apply what I learned in Hollywood.”

 

This was a shock to Jeonghan. Naturally, he knew that Jisoo would one day inherit his dad’s business, but he didn’t expect his friend to handle such a big responsibility at such a young age! They’re the same age!

 

“Omo!” He exclaimed. “Is that true?” He whispered in surprise. Jisoo nodded in agreement. “So that’s why you’re getting touchy with my interference, isn’t it?” He asked, sitting back up and crossing his shoulder.

 

“Maybe?” Jisoo replied with a chuckle, bumping himself onto the other.

 

Unbeknownst to the two, their playful exchange is being watched by the people around them.

 

 

**********

 

 

Seokmin was at the library when he received a call. Fishing out his phone out of his pocket, he answered.

 

“Hello.” He whispered, keeping his voice down.

 

“YAH. LEE SEOKMIN! AREN’T YOU GOING TO GET HERE!!?” A voice rang from the other line.

 

“Hyung?” He answered. “What do you mean?” He asked unknowingly.

 

“If you are in the freaking library, so help me, I would skin you alive!” The person on the other line replied with a trying voice. “You asked me to come to your school and don’t even remember, just wait til you get here.” He threatened. “AREN’T YOU GOING TO GET OUT?!” He shouted on the phone.

 

Seokmin hurriedly packed his bags and dashed his way outside, even bumping into Wonwoo at the library entrance.

 

“Yah, Lee Seokmin! Why are you running?” Wonwoo asked his worriedly.

 

“Cousin. Scary. Later!” Seokmin managed his reply as best as he could while running towards the school gates.

 

 

**********

 

 

Seungcheol was called home early in the morning. He didn’t even have time to dress properly, only wearing his sweats because his mom told him to come before breakfast.

 

After that night in his Aunt Chaerin’s restaurant, he thought that it would be a while before he hears from his father. He knew that Jeonghan did a tough blow on his father’s pride; having a student out-maneuver him and his business partner is a pretty insulting. Seungcheol knew that it would mean serious retaliation and he is scared because of it.

 

At times like these, he begins to wonder why Jeonghan has to be this way; never letting anyone beat him, even just a little. It’s not like his father has done anything right, but Jeonghan could’ve turned the other cheek and let it go and saved them all the trouble later on. As much as Seungcheol loves this side of his boyfriend, he couldn’t help but hate it as well, even just a little bit. It would be exhausting if this goes on in the future.

 

Arriving home in a hurry, Seungcheol immediately asked their house help to inform his parents of his arrival and that he’d wash up and change for breakfast; he knows that he wouldn’t be called home if there wasn’t any guest to receive.

 

After rushing himself into presentable clothes, he made his way to the dinning hall where his parents were waiting for him with a couple of men he recognized. It was the speaker at their last conference lecture together with his lawyer. If he was not mistaken, this is the same lawyer Seokmin and Jeonghan was talking about at their vacation.

 

His father noticed him and a mastered smile graced his face. He knew this smile very well; it meant that he should be at his best behavior.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter