Chapter Twenty-Three

The Cheonsa Rising
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

 

From: Jeonghan Hyung

 

Wonu, I’m going home with Jisoo. See u.

 

 

Wonwoo stopped looking for his hyung when he read the message. He decided to go home as well and just study there instead. Having no classes for the afternoon, he might as well go home after what just happened.

 

His mind was furious to the point of violence right now. He wasn’t able to stand watching Seungcheol say what he did. It was way out of line and uncalled for! He knew that he have said some harsh words towards him but Wonwoo knew that it wasn’t a lie. Seungcheol was the one who barged into his hyung’s life.

 

He didn’t want to feel guilty about hurting Seungcheol hyung just yet; he wanted to check up on Jeonghan first. His hyung comes first.

 

“Jeon Wonwoo!” A voice called for him. He turned and saw Mingyu running to him. He was enveloped in the other’s embrace upon contact.

 

“Are you okay now? Have you calmed down?” Mingyu asked, breaking away from the embrace to look at the older properly. Wonwoo blushed at the sudden attention.

 

“I guess, so.” He answered. “But I need to see hyung to be sure.” He added.

 

“Should I come?” Mingyu asked him with caution. Wonwoo shook his head.

 

“No, at least not for now.” He answered. “You should check up on Cheol hyung. Jeonghan hyung did a number on his wrist.” He added. Mingyu looked at him with those puppy eyes.

 

“Can I really not come? I’m on your side this time.” Mingyu grumbled with pouted lips. “Cheol hyung was way out of line today.” He said, looking away. Wonwoo kissed the younger’s lips, surprising him.

 

“What was that?” Mingyu asked with wide eyes.

 

“That was me making up for not letting you come with me.” Wonwoo joked. “But seriously, you should check up on Cheol hyung for now. He needs someone by his side at this point.” He explained with complete seriousness. “Might as well be you, because it’s sure as hell won’t be me.” He grumbled quietly but wasn’t unheard by the younger.

 

“Arraseo.” Mingyu said, deciding to go with the older’s decision. “I’ll see you later? You’re having dinner at home!” He said with hopeful eyes. Wonwoo nodded with a smile.

 

“I’ll see you later.” He agreed.

 

****

 

Wonwoo opened the door to their apartment and immediately looked for his hyung.

 

“Hyung?” He called out.

 

“Here.” Jeonghan’s voice rang from the kitchen. He went there and saw Jeonghan and Jisoo by the table; sitting opposite to each other. Jisoo was holding up a bag of cold peas to his face. He didn’t know whether to laugh or not at the sight of him.

 

“Hyung, you should put a hard boiled egg on that.” He told the older. Jisoo smiled a little.

 

“Is that how you do it here? We do this back in America.” Jisoo answered, pointing to the peas.

 

“Are you okay now?” Wonwoo asked Jisoo. “You, too, hyung.” He looked to Jeonghan.

 

“I haven’t thought about that yet, Jisoo’s face is messed up.” Jeonghan answered with concern. “Why did you have to fight with him in the first place, Hong Jisoo?” He started to scold his friend.

 

“Yah! Weren’t you there!” Jisoo argued. “He started it!”

 

“But did you have to get back on him? I’m not asking who started it, Shua, I’m saying you should’ve been more mature!” Jeonghan told him off. “You know that Seungcheol has the tendency to be a bit immature, did you have to join him in preschool?!” He scolded his friend.

 

“I’ll admit, egging him on was immature on my part, but I’ve just been too stressed out with everything that’s going on, Han.” Jisoo admitted. “His father wasn’t making anything better with everything that’s on my plate already, I’m sorry.” He apologized. Jeonghan placed his hand on top of Jisoo’s at the table.

 

“I understand, that, Shua.” He said. “I’m sorry for bringing you into my problems.” He apologized, looking down.

 

“Yah, Yoon Jeonghan, this isn’t your fault!” Jisoo said. “Am I right?” He asked Wonwoo for help.

 

“He’s right, hyung!” Wonwoo agreed. “Cheol hyung’s dad is just a jerk who happens to be rich, that’s why he’s making problems!” He added, making the two laugh. “It’s not, in any way, your fault hyung. So don’t feel bad about what Cheol hyung said.” Wonwoo said, going to Jeonghan’s side.

 

“I get that he only said that because he was angry, but it doesn’t make it any less hurtful.” Jeonghan grumbled. “I actually have something to confess to you guys.” He added, intriguing the two.

 

“What is it?” They asked.

 

“Seungcheol and I are dating.” He answered.

 

“What? Since when?” Wonwoo asked, his voice uncharacteristically high in surprise.

 

“Really?” Jisoo asked in a quiet tone.

 

“Yeah.” He answered. “I think for almost a month now?”

 

“And you only say this now?” Wonwoo asked again.

 

“I didn’t know how to tell you guys, I asked Cheollie to keep it a secret for a while.” Jeonghan admitted. “I think that’s why he was easily irritated with Jisoo. I think he was jealous.”

 

“What?” Jisoo asked in disbelief.

 

“Seungcheol is way too jealous of you, Shua.” Jeonghan answered. “I told him that you’re just a friend now, but he’s still jealous.”

 

“Oh?” Jisoo breathed out. “Yeah. Just friends.” He said awkwardly. Wonwoo didn’t mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter